Not Broken, Just Bent

By liza_writes_

Colin and Jen are both closed off to love. Jen's heart is torn, Colin's is scarred. What happens when an on-s... More

Prologue
One: Falling for You
Two: Kiss and Break up
Three: Lies
Four: Sisters Just Know
Five: Surprise
Six: It's Later
Seven: Stuck
Eight: Hospitals Suck
Nine: Drifting
Ten: Awake
Eleven: If You Give Jen Anesthesia
Twelve: Secret's Out
Thirteen: Home
Fourteen: Ring, Ring
Fifteen: Doctors and Producers
Sixteen: Announcing Us
Seventeen: His Parents
Eighteen: Fear
Nineteen: On Set?
Twenty: Baby
Twenty-One: Go
Twenty-Two: Jesse Spencer
Twenty-Three: Pain
Twenty-Four: Visiting
Twenty-Five: Madness
Twenty-Six: The News Delivered
Twenty-Seven: Wonderful Morning
Twenty-Nine: Hospital Honeymoon
Thirty: Oh, Baby
Epilouge

Twenty-Eight: The Big Day

204 9 0
By liza_writes_

A/N: This is a super long one because it's really special!! Welcome to the colifer wedding. In the picture above, Jen's dress, hair, ring, flowers, and cake are on the right. The bridesmaid's things are on the left. Enjoy!

Jen could feel her hands begin to sweat, her stomach was churning, and she was wide awake for the first time in a while. Her ribs were the least of her worries, she was standing in a small room with her stepfather and bridesmaids, in her dress. She was the most nervous she'd ever been, and the second most excited. She felt a rush of adrenaline rush through her veins as her friends left, one by one, Lana first, she walked alone. Then Julia walked with Josh, Ginny with Jared, Emilie with Sean, and Bex with Jack. Hailee and Evan followed, Evan pulling Hailee in a little wagon because she was so young. Then, it was Jen's turn. She stood from her wheelchair and took her stepfather's arm. Here goes. As she made her way down the aisle, her eyes never left Colin's. Even when her stepfather kissed her forehead and stepped aside, she had a hard time prying her eyes off of him to sit in the chair waiting for hers. She couldn't stand through the whole thing, which was frustrating to her. Her frustration calmes as her eyes locked with Colin's again, making the world around her fade. She could barely hear the pastor speaking, until he asked for her vows.

"Wow, I can barely remember them right now. Colin, I love you so much. You've saved my life, you've saved my heart, you gave me my daughter, and I can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I can tell you that I will never stop loving you. I promise that no matter what, you have a place in my heart. And I'm going to be loving you for a long time, because the hospital found a donor lung. I can't wait to spend our honeymoon in a hospital." Jen started crying halfway through, holding Colin's hands tighter, and it was his turn.

"I had to rewrite mine like five minutes ago, so they're not that great. Jen, I fell in love with you the moment I saw you, and that scared me. I hadn't loved in so long, I forgot what it felt like. With you, we could honeymoon in a hospital and it still be the most perfect time ever. I thought I was going to lose you. We all did. And now, I can't imagine how I would've lived without you. You're my whole world. I love our little family, and I could never, ever live without you." Colin was crying now, and Jen had pulled her hands away to wipe her eyes quickly. They weren't paying attention anymore, they were lost in each other's eyes. The pastor finally said one of his final lines, and Colin replied more than willingly.

"I do." A huge smile was on his lips. He juswanted to kiss her.

"I do." Jen held herself back, listening to the most exciting words they'd heard all day.

"You may now kiss the bride." Colin scooped Jen up in his arms, their lips meeting in a kiss. Jen held tight onto him, hoping to memorize the feeling of standing at the altar. When they pulled apart, Jen burried her head in Colin's neck. They didn't want to move for a long, long time. They finally had to head inside, but they never took their hands off of each other. Jen had a more comfortable dress, that actually fit in the wheelchair in the changing rooms, so they went upstairs first. As soon as the door shut, their lips met in a passionate kiss. Jen thought she would never change, and she wouldn't at that rate. Without breaking their kiss, he undid the top button of her dress.

"Stop there. We still hace to show up at our wedding." She teased him, taking her red dress off of its hanger on the door.

"You still need help." He smirked, placing his hands on her hips.

"Yes, but no funny buisness." Jen crossed her arms.

"Fine, fine. That can wait until tonight." Colin's smirk returned to his lips. Jen simply rolled her eyes and spun around so that he could get her out of her dress. She pulled on the long red dress, which matched her roses. He wrapped his arms around her waist and place one last gentle kiss on her lips, before picking her up bridal style and carrying her down the stairs, despite her protests. He set her on the ground gently at the bottom of the stairs, then wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You know, we waited like a year to do this." Jen sighed.

"And it's perfect, just like you." Colin kissed her forehead gently.

"I'm not perfect." Jen protested.

"Yes, you are. You're the strongest person  know. You're a cancer survivor, you're a badass, you've gone through abuse three times, when no one should even go through it once, and you're still the kindest person I know. You care about everyone else more than you care about yourself. You were ready to die, but if anything happened to Hailee, you'd do everything you could to stop it, you're the definition of perfect." Colin never broke eye contact with his wife. Tears slipped down Jen's cheeks as she leaned into him.

"I love you." She whispered. The door opened, revealing Bex, who was about to go looking for him. Jen was facing away from the door, so that no one could see her face. Bex had forgotten all about the second dress, and she shut the door behind her gently, so no one inside would know she was mad.

"Colin, what the hell?" She shouted. Jen giggled and turned to look at her friend. Bex smiled and shook her head. "I'm an itiot." She giggled.

"You're a good friend, though. If I saw Mark doing that, I probably would've shut the door and told you the next day." Jen smiled.

"You need your chair, don't you?" Colin asked. Jen's shoulders dropped. She was struggling to stand, putting most of her weight on Colin.

"Yeah." She sighed. Colin helped her back to the room where she was before she walked down the aisle, where her chair was waiting.

"If you save your energy now, you'll be able to dance for a bit." Colin smiled, helping her lower herself into the wheelchair.

"You're just trying to make me feel better." Jen sighed.

"Yes, but it's working." He placed a hand on her face, drawing invisible circles on her cheek.

"How do you do that?" She asked quietly, closing her eyes as he knelt next to her and rested his forehead on hers.

"I don't know, I just put my hand here, and you relax. I should just do that when you're mad at me!" He teased, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"If you do thar, I'll be even more mad." Jen replied. She smiled as he placed another kiss on her lips. Lana knocked on the open door, inturrupting their moment.

"You can't sneak off at your own wedding, guys. Come eat, Jen needs the strength." Lana smiled, taking the handles on the back of Jen's chair. She knew that if she took Jen, Colin had to come. She left them at the door, shooting them a look that said 'run off again, and I'll hurt you'. They entered after her, and Jen was suddenly aware of the people staring at her. They had a single photographer, and she hated that her wedding pictures would have the wheelchair in them. The eyes of her guests seemed to drill holes in her skin as Colin rolled her to their table. Lana was right at her side, Julia next to her. Colin had Josh, then Jared. In between the couple sat Hailee and Evan, Hailee nearest Jen, Evan beside his father. Jen immediately scooped Hailee into her arms, placing the little girl in her lap.

"Mama!" Hailee squealed. Colin gasped and turned to face the little girl.

"Can you say mama?" He asked her.

"Mama!" Hailee giggled.

"You owe me twenty bucks." Colin smiled.

"Daidí!" Evan whined.

"Yeah, Ev?" Colin asked.

"I'm tired." Evan pouted. Colin smiled and pulled the boy into his arms.

"I know, Ev. I'll get you a soda, how about that?" Colin asked. Evan nodded excitedly, and Jen shot Colin a look.

"Does he need soda?" She asked.

"It'll wear off by his bedtime. We don't want him to fall asleep, then we have to carry him around, we can't leave him alone, can we?" Colin asked.

"Fair. Hailee needs to sleep soon, though, and I'm tired, so we can all rest for a half hour after dinner, then we can cut the cake." Jen explained.

"I don't want to let you out of my sight, though." Colin protested.

"She has to eat." Jen replied.

"Fine, but after dinner. And sit here, I want to hold you." Colin patted the seat next to him. Jen moved over the two seats, leaning her head on Colin's shoulder, with Hailee curled up into a little ball against her chest. Evan wrapped his arms around his father's torso, resting his head on Colin's chest. Colin had one arm around Jen and the other around Evan.

An hour later, it was time for Jen and Colin's first dance. Hailee had fallen asleep after dinner, and Evan was probably going to drift off soon, too. Neither of them had taken a nap that day, and Hailee usualy took two. Colin took Hailee from Jen's lap and looked around for Lana or Julia. Neither one of them was nearby. Luckily, Josh hadn't left the table yet, so he took the baby. Colin took Evan to stand with his parents, and Jen was trying to convince her mother that she would be fine standing, just for a few minutes. She was constantl connected to oxygen, so she wouldn't pass out. She'd been off work for a week now, so she was sleeping plenty, and she'd been sitting down most of the day. When her mother finally agreed, Jen smiled and mentally thanked the tailor that had sewn in the little portable oxygen pouch in both of her dresses. She rolled herself to the dance floor, but stood and walked over to ner husband.

"Told you saving your energy was a good idea." Colin whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You were still trying to make me feel better about that damn wheelchair." Jen smiled.

"It worked." Colin smiled.

"What worked is that I keep reminding myself that I'll be out of that damn chair soon." Jen replied, sighing with contentment as she leaned her head on his shoulder. The rest of the room dissapeared for a moment, and it was just them. Jen smiled, her eyes shut in an effort to convince herself that she was alone with her new husband. He kissed the side of her head as he felt a bit of her weight shift onto him.

"You're going to have to sit down." He whispered.

"I need to sit down now, I'm going to black out." She replied, a hint of panic in her voice. He picked her up without warning, walking her over to her wheelchair. He set her down, then knelt next to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"The temporary oxygen supply isn't working, I need it attached to the tank." She replied, finding the little ppouch on her hip that held her portable oxygen supply. She disconnected it easily, then pulled the end of the tube out of her dress. She handed it to Colin, who connected it to the oxygen tank on her chair. She took a deep breath and leaned back, closing her eyes.

"Good?" Colin asked.

"Yeah. Sorry I ruined that." Jen sighed.

"You can't help that you needed to breathe, baby." He replied. Jen bit her bottom lip and opened her eyes.

"Still ruined it." She shrugged.

"I don't care. All I care about is you." He smiled. Jen nodded, but didn't reply. He knew that meant she still felt bad about it, and she was tired, but he dodn't push it.

"Three more hours." She sighed.

"You're allowed to go upstairs and rest." Colin replied.

"It's my wedding. People want to talk to me. I can stay." Jen protested.

"You have cancer, Jen. Just because you're getting the transplant doesn't mean you don't have cancer right now, and that means you're tired, you're hurting, and you don't feel good. People will understand." Colin's thumb brished her cheek gently.

"I'm tired." She admitted.

"So, let's get you upstairs, and Hailee can come up, too, and I'll stay down here, with my phone on really loud, so when you wake up, you can call me." Colin replied, standing up and taking hold of the handles on the back of her chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.3K 18
Multi-chapter Colifer fan fiction! Enjoy!
25K 1.4K 31
Jennifer Morrison meets Colin O'Donoghue whilst filming the ABC series, Once Upon a Time. But when Jen realises her feelings for him, she knows she m...
1.4M 40.2K 125
❝I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you. They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth.❞ . . .in which her love for him is not on...
3.4K 201 22
Hey! This is a sequel of my story, where it has been 5 years and everyone meet up to have a reunion, and Colin are trying to find a way to propose to...