Mistaken Love (#Wattys2018)

By dearhearty

She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
ATTENTION!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Special Chapter
You're MINE

Chapter 13

25.9K 924 19
By dearhearty

Honeymoon Flap

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced with a delighted tone. His smile is so wide to the point that I want to slap that grin off his face. But that sucks, for the first time I want to hurt a priest. Oh, crap.

I was frozen to where I stand but Caius already stepped to turn to face but I still remain unmoving.

"Come on, wife. Don't you want to be kissed?" The sarcastic whisper was so visible in his voice. It sounded icy at the same time.

"You don't have to kiss me." My voice cracked as I say it due to my rising heart beat.

"It won't be a wedding if we do not kiss, idiot."

"Of course it is still a wedding! A kiss is only for a show." I spat turning to him in a swift but that made it easier for him to grab my waist so he could pull me closer. And that kinda catch my breath in a second.

"Our wedding is a show." He murmured before closing the space between us and kissed me right there, leaving me breathless.

The moment his lips touched mine, the moment that I kissed him for the very first time that we met. Now it sinks it in me, we started in a mistake.

All of this.

We kissed in that club knowing that I'm engaged to someone. I happen to do that mistake with conscious and a blurry mind. At some point, I did something out of my league.

He was kissing me deeply like the one he gave me at the club. That kind of kiss that will melt this cold and heavy thing inside my chest. As it blurs out everything in my mind.

I do not have the strength to kiss him back but it changes in split second. My lips started moving along with the wave of the passion. My stiff arms loosen up and they crawl up his shoulders and hesitantly try to wrap it. His hold on my waist got even tighter and we seems to be lost in our own little world.

This will suppose to take longer if his parents didn't clap their hands and one of his friends shouted "Save it for the honeymoon, Caius!"

We parted and my face got hotter. I wish that these sands would eat me up and hide me under.

I inhaled deeply and bit my lips. A guy with a camera comes to us and took our picture together and my mind is still cloudy. I am still dazed from the kiss that we shared and I don't think that my mind can take care of it. I can't even look straight to Caius right now.

His parents walk near us and congratulated us. Carla was crying nonstop as she hugged me tightly. "Congratulations, Shanaya. My God, you are so beautiful today."

"Thanks, Carla." I smiled back as she squeezed my hand.

"I'm so glad that my son finally finds his happiness." She wiped her tears and grinned. "I can't thank you enough for coming into his life."

"You two should have told us that you are engage when you came to visit us." George said when he and Caius joined us. "Your brothers will surely come when they knew."

"I know they are busy so I didn't bother. Besides, we can celebrate everything once we got back." Caius replied, pulling me to his side. "I do not when will that be because, my wife and I still haven't seen Hawaii that much."

Crap, I do not think I can stay here any longer with Caius. Yes, I'm physically with him but emotionally he is not. He won't even talk to me or spend an hour with me because he is too dedicated with his work and to his patients.

"But you will have a party at our place, okay? We need to celebrate this with the others." Carla said with a hopeful look. She really wants this to occur.

Caius sigh and his hold on me loosen up a bit. "Fine."

Soon enough, then three guys came to us and honestly speaking, they are all good looking. Caius really blends with them and they were like the number one heartbreak in high school because of their remarkable good features.

"I never invited you in my wedding." Caius coldly spat at them with a narrow look. Wait, are these his enemies or something?

The three just laughed at him, totally not affected by the cold glare that Caius is giving. "Be cool, man. We expect no invitations from you so we invited ourselves in." One of them stated, then he turns to face me. "Congratulations, Shanaya. I'm Mike."

"Mike? You seem familiar." I guessed, accepting his hand that was inviting me to shake it.

"I'm a Fashion Designer and I'm not gay." He quickly replied, chuckling at the end.

Oh. That's it. His life and designs were featured in our magazine that's why he's familiar. He is also known for dating and bedding a lot of supermodels that he works with. So, this man is surely not the right person to trust when you're working.

"Step aside, I want to meet this mushroom." The guy with a jet black hair pushed Mike aside so he could talk to me.

"Mushroom?" I asked, totally confused of the name he has given me. 

"Because you suddenly come out, out of nowhere." He replied, and looks at me straightly. "Caius, we were with you almost everyday and this is the first time that I've seen this woman. Did you hide her?"

"I do not need to tell you that." Caius replied, crossing his arms.

"But isn't it just the other day that you saw you with —" the other one said but he was immediately cut off.

"I don't think it's one of your business to know about that." Caius nearly groan and his voice was definitely not happy right now then let out a deep sigh. "Just to inform you, that guy you called you mushroom is Rafael, and this asshole is Phoenix."

What was Phoenix about to say? That suddenly doesn't feel right.

I gulped and still plastered a smile on my face. "Well, it was nice meeting all of you." I was about to say something more when Caius wraps an arm around my waist and starts pulling me away.

I was about to ask where we are going but the event organiser told us that we should head to the reception where there are buffet for the visitors. And in my surprise, there are a lot more visitors  waiting us there.

The venue was arranged and decorated which was leading me to the question, who invited this guys? What if they know me and they know Gale? My identity is still hidden so I do not know if I should be out like this because of course, some of them must have knew my father and he's a well known businessman.

"Did you invite these people?" I asked him.

"This are all Carla's idea. She just told me earlier that she invited the whole nation."

"Does that mean that your brothers and sister are all here?" I questioned, looking around the place.

"No, they weren't able to take a leave in their own jobs." He replied, drinking a glass of water. "Just blend in and do try not to think that everything is just a show."

You do not have to tell me repeatedly that this is just a show. Because I know.

I do not know all of the guests but like I was told, I blended along. As time passes by, I just stayed silent at one side, standing next to the guys while they have their drinks.

"Say, Rafael...are you sad that Caius didn't stay at your hotel?" Phoenix asked.

"Like a give a fuck." Rafael scoffed, bringing his drink down on the tray. "He can stay at a hotel he likes for all I care."

"How long have you two been dating, Shanaya? How come we never knew about this." Mike questioned, very curious to know.

I didn't know how to answer so it took me a few seconds to find an answer. "Long...we have been dating for a long time. And I am very secretive so I don't like exposing myself with him that much."

"Does that mean you're the women that he rushed to see even if you're on the other side of the country?" Phoenix asked, arching a brow. "That must be you, right?"

I don't know what he is talking about. "Um...yeah."  That was the best answer I could come up with.

But who could that girl be? I didn't know that Caius still has another girl other than me before I got into this deal. I cleared my glass of champagne then turn to search for my husband that is just around this room. And there he was, at the corner, talking to some powerful looking people. Most of the guest are doctors and businessmen so I'm afraid to really walk around because I don't want to be noticed by someone who knew my father.

So I just stick with his friends.

"How long did you know my Caius?" I asked them.

"Since we are all kids." Mike replied, chuckling. "Caius didn't talk much about us, huh? Well, as expected." He shrugged then laughed it off.

"Sorry about that." I softly stated, biting my lower lip. "But I want to know you guys now."

"There is nothing interesting to know about us, Shanaya. Aside from me being a lawyer." Phoenix responded, leaning his back on the post beside him.

"You're a lawyer?" I asked then I couldn't stop my own tongue from questing him. "You know Gale Archibald?"

Then just when I mention his name, all of their face became menace. Woah, something really doesn't go well with just the name of my fiancé...I mean ex fiancé because I am married now.

"Who wouldn't know that man?" Rafael snorted. "And as much as possible, we hate talking about him." He muttered, darkly and trying to end the topic there.

"But how did you know —"

"Having fun?" I suddenly jerked in my spot when Caius appeared out of the blue beside me. He came from behind me so he placed his hand on my back and I can feel the heat of it through my dress. "You guys still here?"

"We know that you are happy that we are here, Caius. Don't hide it. We've known each since we are babies." Phoenix joked.

"Only Rafael knows me as a baby, idiot." Caius spat, shaking his head. "Seriously, who told you and why did you invite this people?"

They were the one who invited these guests?!

"I heard from your mom then I told Rafael." Mike replied, guilty then turns to Rafael.

"And I told Phoenix." He contained by passing the answers.

"...And I told many people." Phoenix rubbed the back of his head. "Come on, everybody is looking forward to know who you are marrying."

"That's why I hide it because I do not want people knowing." Caius sigh deeply and groaned. "But what else can I do? My asshole of a friend already scattered the news."

"Sorry about that." Phoenix laughed, sheepishly. He looks guilty but not truthfully. All of them actually looks happy to see that their friend is bothered because of them.

"Anyway, I'm surprised to see you here, Rafael. I never thought that you would get out from all of your works." Caius turns to them again and crossed his arms around his chest.

"Nobody wants to miss your wedding. I wanted to see how your face became as you will finally experience what I feel." Rafael stated.

I was just listening to their conversation, and right in the middle. I really salute those women who can manage to make a great conversation with men especially in this state.

"And my wife didn't know that I'm here. I plan to tell her later when I got back." Rafael cleared his throat and grab another drink.

"Someone is going to sleep on the couch tonight." Phoenix chanter quietly causing Mike to laugh.

"Yeah, so are you." Caius spat at Phoenix.

"Oh no, my wife knows that I am here." He raised his hands in the air. Then his eyes turn to Mike who seems to be busy finishing his beer.

"'Why are you looking at me? I'm not married. I'm a free man." He laughed then placed a hand on Caius' shoulder. "As much as I want to stay and annoy your ass, I can't anymore. I've been receiving nonstop of calls since I left. I need to get back home now."

Caius just nods then shrugged his hand off. What a weird kind of friends these men are. I can't understand them if they hate or they care for each other.

"I will leaving as well." Rafael sets his glass down then punched their friend on the shoulder, hardly. "Welcome to my world, asshole."

"Shut up." Caius chuckled, huskily then pushed Rafael away from him. "You, leave."

"I am. No need to tell me." Phoenix laughed, shaking his head. "It's your wedding day, Caius! Why are you still this cold?" He asked sarcastically.

Caius didn't bother replying. "Who wouldn't be cold to the person who invited those people for my wedding." He grunted, while his eyes are narrowed. "You are so dead to me."

But non of them seems to be affected at all by his cold threat. They seems to know Caius a lot to the point that they handle his cold and scary gestures and words. They even tried to trigger his anger though which is very entertaining to see.

"Where's your parents?" I asked him, once the four gentlemen left. I haven't seen George or Carla around.

"George needs to be back home before nightfalls so they already left." He answered, matter of factly. He stands beside me, releasing his hold on my back, then went to sit on a nearby chair. "We should leave too."

"What?" I asked, crossing my eyebrows together.

He stands and arranged the buttons of his suit. "Lets go. I don't want stay longer."

"We can't just leave." I exasperated at his sudden decisions.

"Yes, we can." He proudly murmured then grabbed my hand to drag me out of the venue using the back door. And next to us where one of the guards stood. "Take care of the people. I will leave with my wife." He told him before he completely gets out of the place while dragging me away. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, letting him take me away.

"Away from the others." He replied. There is a hotel staff outside, waiting and he immediately moves onwards, it seems like we are following him. He didn't let go of my hand until we reached a isolated area of the jungle like place of the beach then through the manmade tracks, there beholds a small and amazingly styled bungalow.

"This is what you have requested, Dr. Bateman. Please just call through the pagers if you have something you need."

"Okay, thank you." Caius legs go of my hand and walks on ahead inside the house. Woah, talk about being a gentleman.

I rolled my eyes secretly and walk behind him. The interior of this place is not bad, enough to impress me but I've been one better. But the thought that Caius took a place for the both of us that is away from he others is really nerve wrecking. I do not know what got into him to make him choose a place like this. I mean, we are both fine at the suite so why choose here?

"Are you hungry?"

Wait, did I just hear right? Caius asked me as if he was concern.

"N-no." I answered, walking towards the small bedroom. I'm happy to that our luggages was transferred here though. Because this wedding dress really needs to be removed from my body and let me wear something comfortable.

"You barely ate at the reception." He added while he was removing his suit jacket in the living room.

"Oh? How did you know?" We weren't together at the me reception. Most of the time, I was with his friends, silently listening to their conversation.

"Of course, I was watching you."

"You're watching me? That's creepy." A small laugh escapes from my lips as I grab something to wear inside my bag. And it happens that the first thing that I saw inside was a loose cotton v-neck shirt and took a denim shorts. The hot air in Hawaii is crazy so just a slight movement and I'm sweating.

I closed the bedroom door and I changed into those clothes in a hurry because there is no lock on the door. Caius might suddenly come in and I do not plan to show my body even if we are not married. And now that I'm here, I noticed that there is only one bed again. Well, we already sleep together on one bed so right now is not a big difference.

But why do I feel different? I suddenly became nervous that we are sleeping in one bed unlike the last time. Someone needs to sleep on the couch tonight.

After I change, I sat down on the bed and feel the softness of the mattress. Everything in this house is are made out of woods and lumber. And right now, I am battling with my mind on what on earth are we going to do now?

I let my torso fall down on the bed and closed my eyes for a few second. Let me think for a little. Even right now, I'm still bummed that I'm already married. Which is I don't know in what ways should I do to accept it. And I know I've repeatedly asked myself if this is a good decision but right now is the worst time to think about it because it's already here.

"Shanaya." That deep voice made me sat up swiftly in startle.

Caius is standing by the door, leaning the side of his body on the frame while clutching the doorknob.

"Caius, you should knocked, you know." I spat at him. Jeez, what if I was changing and he just suddenly opens the door then caught me halfway.

"You didn't locked the door."

"Doesn't matter. You still should have knocked." I glared at him before jumping off the bed to stand up. "What do you want?"

A small weak and husky chuckle escaped from him. "Our first fight as husband and wife is about a freaking door. How cool." He stated, sarcastically while crossing his arms.

And I can't believe you rubbed that on my face. Husband and wife. Just the words gives me the tingles that I can't understand.

"I'm just going to ask you if you have any plans on going to the beach? Because I do not." He stated, clearing his throat, clearing that he is being serious this time.

"N-not yet, though." I mumbled, scratching my head. Yes, I want to go to the beach but I do not think it is right to just leave him, right? Or how will I get to know him if I just go on alone in this honeymoon. I still want to continue my plan though even if I'm not yet sure if I'm gonna succeed.

I do not want to stay in a miserable marriage. At least, maybe be mutual with him or be friends and God knows how long will it take us to be married.

"Why don't you come along with me?" I asked, fighting not to sound so shy but my voice shows how hesitate I am to ask him.

"I do not like staying under the sun." He answered then coming in to the room.

"Well, you came into the wrong place then." I scoffed while laughing then walk passed him to linger around this time in the living room.

"You're walking casually now. Is it easier for you to walk?" He wondered, taking the seat on the couch, opposite of mine.

"Yep, that physical therapist you had ordered in the house is amazing." I replied, making my tone a little happier just to kill the dead vibe in the air. I have a feeling that the aura here is going to be awkward if we stopped talking.

Well, what can I say? We do not have that much thing to talk about.

"I will just go get some sleep." Caius abruptly stands up then leans down to grab his phone that was resting on top of the coffee desk in front of us. He is going to sleep? At a time like this?

"Ohh." I murmured, sadly. I wanted to talk to him more though. "Okay."

"If you want something to eat, just order something and grab the phone over there." Caius said to me before heading inside our room without turning back.

Jeez, this dude is crazy. I know we should not treat this day special but doesn't he has any idea to get to each other? We need to in order to keep this plan on going and end just the way we want it to be. But I do not know what is going with that head of his because I'm afraid that he will just shut me out if I ask.

But that's why I need to come up with a new plan on how to soften him up.

That is what I should do.

Well, let's just see how it will turn out once it is done.

To be continued.

This chapter might be boring but I assure you that the other will not be anymore.  And Caius is very cold at first but eventually, but like the others, you will love him. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804 136 36
When 18 year-old Lexi's past starts to repeat itself she throws herself into her new job in order to save enough money to get away from it. Who knows...
198 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...
5K 86 37
" "Just think about it." He said. How could I not think about it? It kept me up all night; I tossed and turned thinking about what he said: friends w...
95 5 16
Cole Reagan has always been focused, ambitious, and goal-oriented. It's why at thirty-seven, he's one of the youngest billionaires in the world. It's...