Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

CHAPTER 14

3.3K 266 7
By oh_hi_byeee

The warm water slipped down his skin, as he sighed and felt a bit relieved after a long day at work. It was a usual day, but some extra dealings and meetings, but it felt excruciatingly long to him. He let the water fall on him for some more time and then he closed the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist.

Walking out of the bathroom, he grabbed his jogger pants and slipped in them, not caring to wear a shirt and walked towards his balcony and let the slight chilly wind hit his skin and hair.

The day was usual. He has worked way more than he worked today but never felt this tired or empty.

Then why today?

Knock knock.

A knock interrupted his trail of thoughts and after a second he heard his door open.

"Arhaan?" Humaid questioned, a bit confused as to why his brother was standing in the balcony, shirtless and with water dripping from his hair.

"Hey, Hummi!", Arhaan greeted his elder brother, who made a face at the nickname.

Humaid grabbed a v-neck t-shirt from Arhaan's wardrobe and joined him in the balcony and inhaled the fresh air and sighed.

"Why are you standing almost naked in the balcony? Trying to get some girls? Or do you want people to appreciate your body?" Humaid laughed and Arhaan slightly punched his arm as he took the t-shirt from his brother's hand and went inside.

"Naah! Just getting some stress out of my system, you know!", Arhaan said as he laid on his bed and gestured Humaid to sit too.

Humaid raised his eyebrows and nodded.

He knew his younger brother is too young for such a responsibility but he also knew he's capable to handle such work and responsibility.

Arhaan had always been like this. A speculator. He loved taking risks and always took up challenges.

Humaid knew Arhaan wanted to start up his own business but well, even Arhaan couldn't deny their father's wish just like he didn't deny. How can they? Their father did everything for them and the least they can do is maintain the prestige and the glory of Saeed Industries and family businesses.

"Work pressure.... got it!", Humaid nodded in understandment and Arhaan gave a lopsided grin.

"There's this deal, with the GSO Companies Group. I mean we need to get that company on our board. I guess I'll have to go to Dubai for it.", Arhaan spoke with exhaustion laced in his voice and Humaid stared at hid brother with full concentration.

"So? You'll go, right?" Humaid questioned though he knew the answer.

"Yeah....." Arhaan replied nonchalantly.

But Humaid didn't react as he stared at his brother. He knew there was something more.

"But....", Arhaan again started and at this point Humaid smiled triumphantly.

"I need to create a team regarding who'll join me. I want Miss Malik to join but well she's been unwell and I don't know if her family will allow for a business trip outside India.", Arhaan finally voiced his doubts out and Humaid nodded slowly.

"Talk to her tomorrow regarding this. If you really need her.....", Humaid said and Arhaan slowly raised his right eyebrow which clearly indicated  that he understood what his brother was trying to implicate.

"I mean if you and the company needs her for that deal....", Humaid quickly covered and winked.

"Yeah", Arhaan replied lazily as he buried more into the pillows.

Humaid eyed Arhaan and after about a minute, Arhaan kicked him playfully, asking him what's wrong.

"During the engagement party, I saw you stealing glances at the new girl.", Humaid finally spilled out and Arhaan propped on his elbow to get a better view of his brother.

"New girl?", Arhaan questioned, confused.

"Anabiya Malik!", Humaid replied with a duh tone and Arhaan quickly sat up as if a deer caught in the headlights.

"What? NO! I MEAN, WHY? NO!" Arhaan almost shouted though he didn't meet his brother's eyes.

"You weren't? Really, Arhaan? Dude I saw your face when she entered. Don't even lie, not to me at least." Humaid grinned as he asked his brother to spill the beans if he's got a new crush.

"Well, again, no. I looked at her because I thought of her as a saviour from our 'beloved' cousin who was not ready to leave to alone. That's why I had that 'Thankgod someone came' look on my face!", Arhaan said, his words too fast and behaviour kind of defensive but his eyes didn't meet his brother's eyes.

Humaid shrugged and muttered a 'Whatever' as he got up.

"Maa is calling for dinner, let's go!"

........

She got out of the car, as she thanked the chauffeur. Anabiya felt drained and why wouldn't she? The crying and the tears took the slightest energy left in her after the fight with her best friend. If it hadn't been her parents who literally forced her to eat the breakfast after she skipped her dinner last night, she wouldn't have been able to walk from the gate to the main office entrance.

The day seemed gloomy.... just like her heart.

She didn't even have the energy to drive today and also she didn't even trust herself , thus called a cab.

"Anabiya!", Mrs. Coutinho smiled at her and Anabiya smiled back at her as she realised she has reached inside the office building.

Anabiya removed her sunglasses and after greeting the elder woman, she straight away walked towards the elevator.

Was I too rude to Sanaya?

But she said the things that she also knew would effect me in a bad way.

But how can I say mean things to her?

That was just defence. I was just defending myself!

"Assalamualaikum, Miss Malik!", a voice dragged Anabiya out of her battle of thoughts and she jumped as her ankle twisted a bit.

Arhaan quickly came forward to help  Anabiya but the girl just caught the wall near the elevator.

"Uhm, sorry! I'm really sorry. Didn't mean to scare you.'', Arhaan apologised and Anabiya shook her head frantically as her heart thumped inside her chest.

"Walekumassalam and no. I mean no need to apologise, Sir.", Anabiya have a small smile.

Arhaan nodded and stared at the girl in front of him. But then the ding sound of the elevator interrupted him and he gestured Anabiya to go first and then followed her.

He pressed the button and as the doors closed, he again looked at her. He looked at her as if she was a book and he was the reader, the reader who wanted to know everything about it.

Arhaan noticed how Anabiya stared straight, blankly in front of her. He noticed how her eyes' waterline looked red and face swollen. He noticed how her shoulders were slumped and her body looked as if lacking energy.

If there were any artist or photographer present, he would've captured the scene. The moment. The moment where the lady looked lost and hurt, while the handsome man couldn't help but just read her with intensity and curiosity.

................
"I don't know, Sir! Can't you take Mr. Sidana along with the team? Also he's more experienced than I am.", Anabiya said, her voice low but her face twisted with frustration.

Earlier, Arhaan informed Anabiya about the Dubai deal and how she would also join him and his team but Anabiya refused clearly stating that she can't travel abroad.

"Seriously, Miss?", Arhaan stood up and Anabiya also started to get up but again settled down when Arhaan motioned her to sit.

But then she huffed and got up as if a five year old and if Arhaan wouldn't have been that frustrated and irritated by her, he would've actually laughed.

"I want to stand too.", she quickly said and Arhaan let out a frustrated sigh.

''Listen." Arhaan said in a dangerously low voice but Anabiya just turned her face to the opposite direction.

"I said listen. And look here!" Arhaan raised his voice, anger laced in it and Anabiya quickly looked at him, fear creeping inside her.

"This deal is important. Very important. You are new here and this is the first and the last time I'm telling you this; I don't go after my employees or boss them on petty things. But when it comes to work and business, I take no non-sense. I take no shit. From anyone. This deal is important and as you've worked on the affairs relating to this company and deal, you'll have to come. Either come, or the door is open. To leave....... the Saeed Industries. This is not a threat. But if you want to consider this as one, then go ahead. The choice is yours to make.", Arhaan completed but his eyes pierced through Anabiya's soul and Anabiya shivered as she broke the eye contact and looked away.

Anabiya felt a lump inside her throat as she tried to control herself from breaking down.

What the hell is happening? Yesterday it was my bestfriend who decided to ruin me and now it's my boss. What have I done?

Arhaan walked towards the main glass window and closed his eyes as he ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

He didn't expect Anabiya to behave like this and nor did he expect himself to threaten Anabiya.

Yes, he was pretty intense when it came to business but with his employees? Never.

He shook his head and turned but before be could open his mouth, Anabiya spoke.

"I'm.... sorry. Sir, I have a reason why I can't come.", she said and Arhaan nodded, clearly confused as to how to react.

"Uh-i... I have to ask my parents. I mean they wouldn't allow me to go out on overnight business trips. And this is a matter of five days. Please try to understand. Please?", Anabiya frowned and pleaded him with her eyes and Arhaan again felt a sting in his heart.

"Miss Anabiya... You know we need you there...." Arhaan sighed.

"Is it okay if we give a declaration to your parents? Like proper papers stating that you'll be safe with us and stuff?" Arhaan said after a minute or so and Anabiya looked at him with a glint of hope.

"I.... I have to ask them." She smiled a bit and Arhaan grinned.

"If you want, I can get Nabeeha to talk to them or even get her with us on the trip.", Arhaan suggested and Anabiya chuckled.

"No sir, let me first ask them. I'll confirm by tomorrow. Is that fine?" Anabiya asked and Arhaan nodded.

"And if they won't allow, my resignation will be submitted along with the notice.", she slowly stated and turned to hide the anger and tears in her eyes.

Arhaan drew in a sharp breathe.

And as Anabiya turned to leave, Arhaan again wondered the same question.

Should I apologise?

And yet again, ego won.

Who thought they'll be so easy with each other? Whoever thought so were wrong.

.............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.6K 22
This is a spin off from My Hijab,Jake and I. Natasha Jackson was a wild party girl in her younger days..people drew their own conclusions about her b...
102K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
27.7K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...
561K 36.5K 43
Highest ranking : #1 in spiritual on 24.2.2018, 24.4.2018 & 4. 5.2018 #2 in spiritual on 14.10.2017 & 11.11.2017 #3 in spiritual on 11.10.2017 , 15...