My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Prologue (Updated)
Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 5 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 7 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 18 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Chapter 40

26.9K 734 612
By wantinghemmings

Hermione’s POV

 The sun was already up and it hit Alicia’s hospital room quite well. I was just there reading a book and having tea while I watched over my 15 year old daughter. I slightly shivered when I felt the cold morning breeze pass my body. Today was Alicia’s blood operation and I wanted to be there for her. I had James take over the company for today. He knew all the directions of the company so I had nothing to worry about.

 It had been three hours since I was here but I didn’t mind all I wanted was to be with Alicia even if she couldn’t see me or hear me for that matter. I just wanted to be there in case she wakes up.

 I looked up from my book and saw that her bed sheets were messy. I placed a marker on my book and closed it. Slowly, I wakled over to Alicia and fixed her sheets. Thoughts suddenly filled my head when I did this. Loads of what ifs statements filled my head.

 What if I told them I was alive?

 What is I had been there for Alicia?

 What if I objected at Draco’s wedding?

 What is I fought for our love?

 More what ifs filled my head and I couldn’t push them back behind my head since they kept coming back. If I pushed one back them a much worse scenario would replace it. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. I stared at my daughter with awe; she looks so beautiful and so innocent. She had my curly hair but she also had Draco’s platinum blonde hair. But my sight was ruined with the tubes connected to her, those tubes and wires were keeping her alive. I felt a tear run down my face when I look at the tubes connected to her. She was dying, even the healer said that she was responding to the other medications I couldn’t stop thinking about the worst case scenario.

 Slowly, I ran my fingers over her blonde hair and smiled. She and Draco look so alike, form the hair color to her skin to her eyes. I remember the first time I saw those grey eyes; it was both my happiest and darkest day of my life. I placed my hand on her cheek and started to caress her cheek with my thumb. I bit my lip to control myself from crying but I lost the battle between tears and I.

 “I’m so sorry Alicia.” I said between sobs and tears streaming down my face. I was really sorry that I left her. “I love you so much.”

 More tears poured down my face but I tried to smile.  I was so happy that she was with me but I was sad because I couldn’t speak to her or even see her smile. I miss her so much.

 I wanted her to feel that I was there for her no matter what.

 “Hermione?” I turned around and saw Draco holding flowers and his face filled with concern.

 He placed the flowers on the table and came closer. He was so concern and he looked as if he seen a ghost and not like the ghost back at Hogwarts.

 “Is everything alright?” he asked and sat beside me watching me crying.

 “Yes, it’s just, what if Alicia can’t make it? What if we were too late?” I said trying to imagine the worst case scenario.

 Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around me. I knew it was Draco he knew me too well and if I was crying I wanted someone to hug. He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back like he used to when I was crying. He kept making shushing sounds just to make me feel better but I only buried my face deeper into his chest.

 “She’ll make it. I’m sure she will. She is our daughter after all. She’s a fighter.” He said which made me cry harder.

 I was happy at the moment that he had accepted her as a daughter. I was rejoicing in his arms that I felt his hugs and have accepted our daughter.

 “I love you Alicia.” I heard him say which made me smile on his chest.

 Alicia’s POV

 I kept running and running even I was in a dress I didn’t care. I could not see anything. All I could see was a pitch dark room. Nothing was coming nearer and I kept running into nowhere. I was exhausted and I hated it here. It was too depressing in the dark. I tried to catch my breath but when I looked up I saw a faint light in a distance. I started to run again and the light came closer and closer.

 I slowed down when I realized it was just a spot light. I stepped inside the spot light and examined it. It was odd, this wasn’t a stage that had to have spotlights but I wanted to be in the light so what choice did I have. But something occurred to me once I stepped into the light, Am I already dead?

 “Hello?” I spoke, maybe someone is in here. Where ever here is.

 “Hello?” I repeated but all I heard was my echo.

 Now it feels so weird. Where was I? I was starting to feel scared. I hated being alone especially in the dark. I tried to say hello again but still nothing. I sat down on the floor and hugged my knees.  I want to be out of here! I want to go back home. I wanted to be with mom, she is alive and I don’t know how that could be possible.

 For the past few days since I woke up in this dark place I could hear people speaking and I knew that it was my family and my friends. But how can I hear them but not see them? If I could hear them then I’m not dead right? I hugged my knees tighter and cried. I don’t like it anymore I wanted to be out of here. Suddenly I felt someone touch my hair, I shot up instantly and tried to see who it was but I was still alone in the room. I felt goose bumps on my arm I was scared. Then I felt someone touch my cheek but instead that I feel scared I felt safe and it made me calm. I touched my cheek and I felt safe.

 “What’s going on?” I asked myself and tried to look around again but it was still pitch dark.

 “It’s just your mom touching your physical body.” I jumped when I heard the voice and instantly searched for my wand but I noticed it was gone.

 “Damn it.” I softly cursed and looked around, I only stayed inside the spot light I didn’t know what just spoke but I knew it was a girl.

 “Who are you?” I asked, I began to be cautious with my surroundings.

 “Don’t get your wands in a knot.” The voice said and let out a giggle. But the giggle made me frightened.

 “I’m not very comfortable talking with someone I can’t see.” I said which only let her giggle.

 There was silence for a moment but I heard shoes softly hitting the ground and it was getting closer. My eyes widen when I saw white flats appear from the dark. Then an angelic face finally appeared which made me a bit relax since she was wearing while and she had wings and her aura was peaceful. The terrified feeling started to drift away and I felt comfortable and safe now.

 “Feel better?” The angel asked and I simply nodded. “Good.” She said and smiled. Her smile was absolutely breath taking.

 “W-who are you?” I managed to ask.

 “Forgetting easily, are we Ali?” She said which made me confused I raised an eyebrow at her and she just chuckled.

 “What are you talking about?” I said a bit rudely.

 “Remember the little blonde girl that you used to play with when you were younger?” She asked.

 A blonde girl that I used to play with? Well not to mean to rain on her parade but I didn’t have many friends when I was younger and I was only playmates with a French boy and a girl with deep black hair. But I never played with a blonde girl before. I stared at the angel and she looks familiar. Have I seen her somewhere? Then it hit me! I had an imaginary friend once

 “Sarah?” I asked and she smiled wider. Wait this is Sarah?

 “Glad you remember me Ali.” She said and gave me a hug.

 “But-h-how-Am I dead?” I blurted out; I didn’t know what to say at the moment. If I can see an angel them I must be dead.

 “Nope.” She said popping the ‘p’.

 “Then where am I? And are you an angel? ” I asked. This is really getting confusing.

 “Yes I am but I can’t tell you where this place is but I can tell you this, you are in a stage where you are fighting for your life.” She replied and I almost fainted. I’m dying?

 “I’m dying?” I asked but before she could part her lips I asked another question. “Wait before you answer that, tell me how can talk to you? “

 “You know you were always to the direct to the point type of person.” Sarah commented and chuckled at her own words. And I just rolled my eyes.

 “Well, for starters. This is really what I look like. I died at the age of sixteen and I watch over you and your father.” She started her words turning into a summary. But wait Dad? How does she know about dad? I never told her about dad before.

 “How do you know Dad? “ I asked as my lips forming a straight line.

 “My dear, I am 20 years older than you. Prior to that I am your dad’s best friend when he was a teen.” She explained with a huge smile on her face. If she was in her thirties then why does she look like my age?

 “Why do you look like a teenager?” I asked and knitted my eyebrows together.

 “When you die at a certain age you will look like that even in the afterlife.” She explained and I made a big ‘O’ with my mouth.

 “Why did you die?” I asked another.

 “Enough about me dear. This is about you. Now going back to the question about you dying. Yes you are dying but you are going to have an operation and you are going to fight.” She started and placed her hands on my shoulders. She was looking straight at my eyes and I looked at her blue ones.

 “I am going to fight to get better but what’s the point my Dad left me and mother is alive all this time. I blamed myself for her death, every night when I was young I would always cry myself to sleep and it reached the point where I almost gotten myself killed. I feel like my parents don’t love me.” At this point I was already crying my eyes out.

 “They love you dear. They both love you.” Sarah said softly and hugged me.

 “P-prove it.” I shuttered my voice already shaking with all the crying.

 “I’m so sorry Alicia.” I heard someone say between sobs. I opened my eyes and wiggled myself out of Sarah’s grip. I turned around and screen appeared out of nowhere and Mom appeared.  “I love you so much.” She said and more tears poured down her face but she tried to smile.

 “Your mom was always with you and she tried to be with you every time she got.” Sarah said in the back ground.

 I saw mom stroking my hair, then I saw the door open and saw dad with a bunch of flowers on his hand.

  “Hermione?” Mom turned around and saw dad with flowers and his face filled with concern.

 He placed the flowers on the table and came closer to mom.

 “Is everything alright?” he asked and sat beside. It felt so wonderful to see your parents together.  

 “Yes, it’s just, what if Alicia can’t make it? What if we were too late?” she said, does she believe in me or not?

 Suddenly dads wrap his arms around mom.  He pulled mom into a hug and rubbed her back. He kept making shushing sounds just to make Mom feel better but I saw mom only buried her face deeper into his chest. If you ask me I’m sure mom still loves him

 “She’ll make it. I’m sure she will. She is our daughter after all. She’s a fighter.” Dad said which made me cry with happiness. He accepted me I was his daughter.

  “I love you Alicia.” I heard him say which made me smile and cry on Sarah’s chest. I am so happy, they love me and they were there for me. My mom and dad there for me. I am their child and it makes me feel so motivated. I wanted to tell them I love them too but I have to fight this sickness in order to tell them that.

 “Sarah?”

 “Yeah?”

 “Please help me fight.”

 “Sure thing dear. Anything for you.”

 ---

 The snow was gently falling down on the grounds of London. It was a normal day for everyone wizard or muggle. No one can say this was an eventful day, it was boring actually, and there was no action what so ever.

 Narcissa Malfoy was walking gracefully on the marble floors of her friend’s house. It was that time of the week again; it was their weekly ladies’ tea day. And this time of the week, she and her friends are going to talk about random stuff but it is mostly about gossip, marriages for their sons and daughters. It was what purebloods call proper mingling.

 Narcissa came closer to the patio and heard her friends piecing laughs. She smiled at this, it had been a stressful week and she needed a break. She sighed and pushed the glass patio doors open, she found her friends seated on a cute round coffee table and laughing about something so funny. Maybe a new rick pure blood just did something worth talking about during tea.

 “You started without me.” Narcissa said and let out one of her charming smiles. The laughter died down and her friends look at her with disgust.

 “What are you doing here?” Jasmine Nott spat with a disgusted look on her face.

 “It’s Sunday Jasmine and I am always here.” Narcissa replied as she raised an eyebrow at her friend.

 “Not today you’re not.” Said Lila McHayden. Narcissa’s smile faded into a frown.

 “Get out!” Hissed Alice Jones, the owner of the house said and pointed at the door.

 “Why are you all kicking me out?!’ Narcissa screamed and clenched her fists.

 “Like you don’t know.”

 “I don’t know what in Merlin’s beard you are all talking about!” Narcissa exclaimed her face turning red with anger and confusion.

 “Here!” Alice Jones shouted and threw the daily prophet at Narcissa. The paper fell on the floor after it hit Narcissa right on the shoulder.

 “Read it Narcissa. I hope you are happy with what you had done.” Mae Hardvard said her voice was not like the others. She was calm and she was composed.

 Narcissa grabbed the paper from the floor and read the Heading. Her eyes widened and she gulped nervously she was speechless and words couldn’t get pass her red lips. She looked up the paper and saw her friends look at her disgust except for Mae who was so composed and drinking her tea.

 “So? No comment?” Alice asked hissed.

 “Then GET.THE.HELL.OUT!” Alice yelled once more.

 Narcissa didn’t have any choice. These were her best friends and she didn’t afford to have a fight with them. And she couldn’t explain it to them, they didn’t understand. Who would ever understand? She was about to say something but Mae told her to leave but she said it with respect and pity.

 Narcissa turned her heel and exited the patio with the paper tightly clenched in her right hand. She could hear whispers form her friends telling her that she was a disgrace and everything. It was a nightmare for her. Before she could reach the door she apparated back to her home, Malfoy Manor.

 Upon landing on the soft Egyptian carpet of the parlor she saw Lucius having tea and reading a book. He looked up and to his surprise his wife was in the house again. She just left minutes ago and he was surprised that she was back so soon.

 “Back so soon dear?” Lucius asked and placed the book on his lap.

 “Alice had to go to America but forgot to inform us so meaning I have a free Sunday.” Narcissa lied but it seems Lucius seem to buy it. He returned to his book instantly.

 There was silence in the parlor and none of them seem to break it. But in truth Narcissa wanted to scream on the top of her lungs with what she just read about and what she saw.

 Narcissa’s POV

 I gripped the Daily prophet on my hands. I was reading it and the heading and the picture caught my attention. Draco, my Draco with the Mudblood and the abomination leaving St. Mungo’s. The little Abomination was in a wheel chair and smiling at the cameras. Draco was behind her and that mudblood Granger beside him. My blood was boiling and I wanted to rip the paper apart.

 MY DAUGHTER?

 By: Rita Skeeter

 Who would have thought that Draco Malfoy, the son of two powerful purebloods would have a daughter with War Heroin Hermione Granger?

 Last night we have spotted Hermione Granger, now McLaggen exit the marble building of St. Mungo’s Hospital alongside with her Daughter, Alicia Granger and Pureblood Draco Malfoy. We all know that Draco Malfoy is married to Astoria Malfoy (nee Greengrass) and he has a son, Scorpius Malfoy.

 Information isn’t clear with the story but it is rumored that his own mother Narcissa Malfoy had planned separating Alicia Granger with her mother. (Continue on page 7)

 “Darling? Are you alright?” I forgot that Lucius was in the same room as me.

 “Yes.” I said calmly as possible but I wanted to destroy something!

 “Have you read the article about Draco?” He asked me and calmly sipped his tea. Honestly how can he be so calm at matter like this?

 “How can you be so calm?” I asked him and threw the paper on the fire place ad watched it burn into ashes.

 “Don’t know.” He replied. He doesn’t know! What kind of answer is that?

 “Now the world knows that the Malfoy life is ruined by a mud blood!” I shouted.

 “Nobody cares about blood now Narcissa. Blood status doesn’t matter anymore.” Lucius said which only made my blood boil even more.

 I groaned loudly and walked out of the parlor, my heels heavily hitting the marble floor of the Manor. How can he be so calm? He is the by blood Malfoy but he doesn’t care and here I am the Malfoy by marriage trying to fix the stain in the Malfoy name. I know nobody cares about blood now a days but I can’t help it. I was raised to be a person who only interacts with purebloods and if possible accidental half-bloods.

 I grabbed my rain coat and apparated out of the manor. I needed time to think about this situation and how to fix it. I landed on an old alley way north of Knockturn Alley, I knew the perfect person to take care of this mess. I small smirk appeared on my face as I knocked on the wooden door of a house.

 “Who is it?” Asked a low voice.

 “Let me in!” I yelled and kicked the door.

 I heard a footsteps coming closer to the door. It opened and revealed a man with dark brown hair and he was quite a handsome young man. I smiled at him and he returned the smile. He gestured me to go inside and I stepped in wiping the dirt off my shoes on the blue rug.

 “What do you want Narcissa?” He asked and poured wine on the wine glass.

 “I want it done, now. Get rid of the rumors, get rid of them. All of them.”  I said demandingly.

 “And what will I get after it is gone?” He asked and placed the wine glass on the table.

 “You’ll get what you’ve always wanted.” I started her voice sounding desperate. “You’ll get Hermione Granger.” I ended which made him smirk.

 “I like how you think Narcisssa.” He chuckled.

 “Just do it Singers! I’ll pay you double.” I yelled and fell on the chair.

 “I’ll get it done Narcissa don’t worry about a thing.” He replied trying to convince me that it was going to be okay.

 “You better be sure about that James.” I said and inhaled the scent of old books and parchment.

 I need them out of the picture and I don’t want my family to be in the front page of the paper. If it was about something good then it was fine but this was a scandal! I have to clean this up. I’ll keep the Malfoy name on top even if it’s the last thing I do.

 “Get rid of them, but do not touch my son.”  I said firmly.

 “Will do.” He chuckled as he crossed his arms on his chest looking at me amusingly. 

A/N: OMG! James is a traitor! What will happen to Hermione and Draco? And will Alicia wake up? So many questions so many revelations! 

Anyway, thank you guys so everything! I've received 800 plus votes and 21k reads for My Daughter I'm really greatful for everything! I feel so blessed. Thank you loads! I love you so much! xx Don't hesitate to start a conversation with me. :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
341K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
27.3K 559 39
Voldemort is gone and Hermione Granger has been invited to return to Hogwarts to complete her eighth year. The world is not what it used to be and sh...
20.1K 1.2K 53
After the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger was the Golden Girl who helped Harry Potter defeat Lord Voldemort. She was celebrated for her achievem...