šˆ'š‹š‹ šš„ š˜šŽš”š‘ šŒš„š‘ļæ½...

By QueenMimi96

Leona Ramirez had never known an easy life, growing up on the streets of the Gold Coast. But one day when she... More

Coming March 14th!!
Disclaimer & Copyrights
šŸŒŠ Playlist
šŸŒŠ Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1 - On Our Way to Mako
Chapter 3 - Changes All Around
Chapter 4 - That's Not My Legs!
Chapter 5 - Wait, Mermaids?!
Chapter 6 - Oops, My Bad...
Chapter 7 - Newfound Powers
Chapter 8 - Not a Party Girl
Chapter 9 - Caught in the Riptide
Chapter 10 - Moonstruck
Chapter 11 - I Woke Up With Amnesia
Chapter 12 - Secret Savior
Chapter 13 - Late Night Conversations
Chapter 14 - The Fourth
Chapter 15 - Saving the Old Lady
Chapter 16 - Into the Deep
Chapter 17 - Back to Shore
Chapter 18 - Oops?
Chapter 19 - Staying Out of the Rain
Chapter 20 - The Decision
Chapter 21 - Not Giving In, Not Giving Up
Chapter 22 - Time to Choose
Chapter 23 - I Would Jump Too
Chapter 24 - All Four of Us
Chapter 25 - Harsh Words
Chapter 26 - Entrapment
Chapter 27 - The Truth Comes to Light
Chapter 28 - Let It All Go
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - Down the Rabbit Hole

23K 530 9
By QueenMimi96

My legs ached and each step felt like my shoe must have been filled with lead as we kept walking. Every so often, I could hear Rikki grumbling behind me about the exercise as Cleo complained about spiders and their webbing getting stuck in her hair. We journeyed for at least half an hour across creeks and through vines in our path until eventually, we reached a small clearing that beheld a waterfall. We could even see higher ground in the distance. However, there was a slight catch - there was no path across the waterfall. Instead, a gaping chasm loomed between - the absolute only way of crossing it would be to jump.

Sighing, I shared a wary look with Cleo, sensing her own fear about this as well as my own, and she grabbed my hand, gently squeezing it once reassuringly before releasing.

"Mind your step," Emma called over her shoulder to us as we trekked along the slippery, wet rocks.

Suddenly, she leaped off the ledge and somehow managed to land on the other side, unharmed. Wisps of blonde hair blew across her face as she turned back to us. Rikki was next. Then it was Cleo's turn. But she only bit her lip anxiously.

"I can't do it! It's too slippery!" she shook her head and I hear see the nervousness in her voice, "There's gotta be another way,"

"Look, Cleo, it's not that bad. They both did it and so can you," I encouraged her, stepping forward, "I know you can-"

All of a sudden, my foot slipped on one of the wet rocks - the sole of my shoe having gained no traction there. With that one little twist, I went down like a stone, straight through a hole in the ground below our feet. I could hear the girls' shouts from above, fading as they became farther and farther away from me as I fell down, down, down. The last thing I felt was water swallowing me up as the air left my lungs.

Note: Sorry for the shortness of this chapter but the next one will be longer! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.9K 40
Cleo, Rikki, Bella, and Emma are going through some changes. They can speak with sea creatures, are getting new powers, different tail colors, and n...
161K 3.7K 94
Kai and Cole have feelings for each other that they don't quite know how to express it for fear of rejection. But hey love usually finds a way right...
8.4K 304 16
Madeleine Hawkins is back with her mermaid and mermen pals. Here's to a new season of adventures with a secret that needs to be kept! Sequel to...
723 38 15
This is the sequel of Just add Water: A Tail of True Love, where Emma, Rikki and Bella turn into Mermaids and Cleo offers to help them. Will all of t...