Skin & Bones ↠ Jasper Hale ✓

By w0nderwriter

𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍 & 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 | ❝You want to eat everyone you see and I don't want to eat at all. Sounds to me like w... More

SKIN & BONES
ACT ONE; TWILIGHT
01 | Welcome Home
02 | Calorie Asperger's
03 | Control
04 | Skinny Balls
05 | Friends
06 | Getting to Know You
07 | Rory
08 | Battle Scars
09 | Waiting Game
10 | To Better Days
ACT TWO; NEW MOON
01 | Progress
02 | The Wind's Whispers
03 | What An Asshole
04 | New Hobbies
05 | Laurent
06 | Burning
07 | Big And Bad Wolf-King
08 | Unexpected Reunions
09 | A Date With The Volturi
10 | A Return to Normalcy
ACT THREE; ECLIPSE
01 | But Dad
02 | Fistful of Fire
03 | Simon Says
04 | New Friends
06 | Key to Happiness
07 | Training for the Olympics
08 | Big Rock
09 | Final Countdown
10 | Love Yourself
ACT FOUR; BREAKING DAWN
01 | Ungraceful Swan
02 | Oops
03 | Baby Fever
04 | Finger-Lickin' Good
05 | Suffocating
06 | The Silence of the Lamb
07 | Rebirth
08 | Wolf Thing
09 | Cartoon Character
10 | Raising the White Flag
11 | Woof
12 | Pre-Battle Bonfire
13 | When the Snow Sticks
14 | Chaos Strikes
15 | Dawn
EPILOGUE

05 | Badass Bella

43.9K 1.6K 862
By w0nderwriter

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
v. BADASS BELLA

╚══════════════════╝

THERE WERE SOME THINGS in this world that Jasper Hale knew were wonders. For example, the Great Pyramid of Giza was one great wonder of the world; Lorelai Swan was another.

He had never really been able to describe his journey with Lorelai in just a few words. They had been through more than a lot over the past nearly three years. He was initially introduced to Lorelai when she was at the lowest she'd ever be in her life, when she was nothing but skin and bones. He watched her discover the strength she never knew she had, which furthermore allowed her to push herself to recovery.

Sure, somewhere in the process Lorelai had been killed. However, she managed to pick herself up and come back ten times stronger than she already was.

Jasper Hale admired his girlfriend.

He was proud of her. He adored her. He loved every single quirk about her. He loved the way her eyes turned into little crescent moons when she smiled big enough. He loved the way her hands fit in his. He loved how she was able to brighten a room with a witty comment or joke, despite how dim everyone's outlooks could be. He loved how protective she was of the ones she considered her family, whether that was Bella, Charlie, the Olympic coven, or even the werewolves. He loved how she was always intelligent and tactful, never doing anything without thinking it through twice.

All in all, Jasper Hale really loved his girlfriend, even when she lost her cool, which happened from time to time.

For instance, the couple had been pulling into the Swan residence when they noticed three figures standing out in the middle of the street. Lorelai exchanged glances with Jasper before the two scrambled out of the car, just in time to hear Edward Cullen threaten Jacob Black.

"If you ever touch her against her will again—" Edward snarled, gripping onto Jacob's shirt.

Lorelai's eyes widened, shock and fury instantaneously seeping through her veins as she approached them.

"Don't do this here!" Bella shouted over Edward. She seemed to be cradling her wrist against her chest, similar as to how one would when they're injured.

"She's not sure what she wants. I do," Jacob snapped, his teeth gritted as Lorelai came face-to-face with the testosterone-filled boys.

"You know nothing. Let me give you a clue," Edward spoke as he got in Jacob's face again. "Wait for her to say the words."

"Fine! And she will," Jacob assured.

"I'm pretty sure those words would come if either of you let her speak for herself, dammit!" Lorelai snapped, using her strength to push the two of them away from each other. "I don't give a flying fuck about what either of you want. I don't care that I've known you for all my life," she looked to Jacob, "or the fact that we're practically family now," she looked to Edward, "Not everything is about you, idiots!"

"Jacob, just leave," Bella pleaded.

"What the hell is going on out here?" Charlie's voice echoed as he hurried toward the scene from the front door.

The myriad of teenagers grew silent. Everyone's gaze seemed to naturally fall on Jacob. Jasper and Lorelai were completely unaware of what was going on, but that didn't mean she wouldn't gladly join a fight for Bella's basic rights as a human being.

"I kissed Bella," Jacob revealed. "And she broke her hand." He paused as Lorelai, Jasper, and Charlie's gazes fell to Bella's injured wrist. "Punching my face. Total misunderstanding."

"You are digging your own grave by this point, I swear to—" Lorelai started.

"We will talk about this later," Charlie interrupted. He turned to Bella. "We should get you to the hospital."

"I can take her to Carlisle," Edward offered, gently taking Bella's uninjured hand.

"Absolutely not. I'll take her," Lorelai denied. "Bella needs some time away from the crazy, even if it's for five minutes." She took her sister's arm, pulling her toward her. She shot Jacob a cold glare. "If you ever try and pull something like that again, I swear to God I will be your worst nightmare, Jacob Black. Don't talk to her, don't look at her, and frankly, don't look at me until you learn what the fuck consent means."

Then, Lorelai took Bella and dragged her over to Jasper's car, leaving Jasper to linger for a moment.

"Man, I love that girl," Jasper said, mostly to himself.

Then, he turned around and joined his girlfriend and her sister back at his car.

○ ○ ○

Sooner rather than later, the Swan sisters reconvened at the Cullen household. Carlisle was overlooking Bella's hand, inspecting the damage. "It's just a sprain," he explained while wrapping Bella's hand. "It should heal quickly."

"Wait," interrupted Lorelai, who had been standing beside the man she viewed as a father. "Can I try something?"

Carlisle paused before shrugging. He stepped over to allow Lorelai to move forward. She took Bella's injured wrist in her hands, ignoring how Bella winched slightly at her sister's body temperature. Lorelai often forgot that she was as cold as an ice cube.

Lorelai closed her eyes for a moment before suddenly opening them again. The Manipulator, still holding Bella's wrist, moved it around carelessly before grinning widely. "What... What did you do?" Bella asked in surprise, not feeling an ounce of pain from the movement.

"I manipulated your bones and muscles to heal themselves," Lorelai declared with a prideful grin. Ever since she met Stella and learned they could both manipulate time, it seemed that Lorelai had been searching for every opportunity to test her gift. "I'm so badass You're welcome."

With that being said, Emmett entered the room. "Trying to walk and chew gum again, Bella?" he greeted, sitting up on the countertop. Jasper stood near them, but not close enough to cause Bella to feel suffocated. Rosalie was sitting on the couch, skimming through the newspaper.

Bella paused before a small smile detailed her face. "I, uh, punched a werewolf in the face," she quietly said.

Emmett smirked. "Badass."

Lorelai folded her arms over her chest. "I manipulate Bella's body into healing itself and she's the badass one," mumbled Lorelai. She rolled her eyes and looked back at Bella. "You think you're so badass? Alright, punch me in the face."

"...What?"

"You heard me. Punch me in the face."

"Rory, what exactly do you get out of this?" asked Bella.

"I just wanna see how badass my little sister really is," innocently answered Lorelai. "C'mon, just think about all the times I've annoyed you. This might be your only chance to get out all that pent-up annoyance toward me."

Bella paused, silent. "Bella, you don't have to—" started Edward. However, he was interrupted by Bella cranking her fist back and punching Lorelai as hard as she possibly could, which really wasn't painful at all.

Bella immediately stumbled backwards into Edward, her face contorted with agony. Lorelai laughed. "And that is how badass my little sister really is," she said. "You wanna fuck with the Eagles, baby sister, you have to learn how to fly. Now, let me fix your hand again, stupid."

As Lorelai took Bella's injured hand, Edward gave the girl an annoyed look. "Why would you let her do that? I thought you wanted to protect her?"

Lorelai shrugged, using her manipulative abilities to fix Bella's hand. "I do want to protect her. However, she has to learn through trial and error, not through her boyfriend making all the calls for her," Lorelai simply stated.

"Aw, don't worry, little sis," Emmett chimed in, his arrogant smirk remaining on his face. "I thought your magic trick was impressive."

Rory smiled at him. "Thank you!"

Emmett glanced back at Bella. "Still, Bella's gonna be one tough, little newborn."

Bella smirked. "Tough enough to take you on," she teased, feeling high and mighty with her healed hand. Lorelai just rolled her eyes again.

With that being said, Rosalie suddenly stood up from where she sat and stormed out of the room, throwing the newspaper onto the coffee table in annoyance.

Lorelai watched as she stepped onto the balcony outside. Lorelai didn't know much about Rosalie's past; however, she did know that if she could choose, Rosalie would still be human. According to Jasper, at least. Before anyone could react, Bella decided to go outside to talk with the brooding blonde.

Edward glanced over between Jasper, Emmett, and Lorelai. "Got any leads?" he asked.

"Still no sign of the intruder," Emmett told them. "But Victoria still continues to make appearances."

Lorelai groaned and walked over to throw herself onto the couch. "I'm so tired of that bitch," she said, her voice muffled due to the couch pillow. "I'm telling you, if I'm not the one who kills her, it'll be because I was the one recording her death and putting it on YouTube."

Revised: January 6th, 2020
even though i barely did shit to this chapter, it's fucking gold lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 11.4K 23
"It all started with a look." Dorothea Summers or "Thea", lost a lot in her short life. After a rather recent tragedy left her deeply hurt, she does...
266K 9.2K 19
「𝗢𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗟𝗘」❝We always figure it out, don't we? ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Catherina was the Oracle sought out to purify the world. She was the light in the...
863K 19.4K 81
Emily Swan never really seemed to fit in anywhere she went. She only ever found herself feeling complete when she was with her twin sister Bella. The...
81.2K 3K 35
Lying isn't just about the words you speak. It latches on, bleeding through your actions to change the course of your future. When push comes to shov...