Vampire Royalty

By bellaPiiink

Melanie Meyer is an ordinary seventeen years old teenage girl. But when she meets Garret Stone, a vampire, ev... More

Vampire Royalty
Prologue: Meet Melanie Meyer
Chapter One: Melanie Meets Garret
Chapter Two: At the Cinemas
Chapter Three: Night Creatures
Chapter Four: Vampire World
Chapter Five: My Conversation with Jasper
Chapter Six: The King's Decision
Chapter Seven: Meet the Vampire Parents
Chapter Eight: Garret's First Love
Chapter Nine: Invisible
Chapter Ten: A Day with the Royal Family
Chapter Twelve: The Truth about My Blood
Chapter Thirteen: The Carnival... And The Two Guys
Chapter Fourteen: A Drunken Mistake
Chapter Fifteen: It's In His Kiss
Chapter Sixteen: Amanda's Discovery
Chapter Seventeen: A Warning from Her
Chapter Eighteen: Truth Comes Out
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Take a Walk
Chapter Twenty: A Hidden Secret
Chapter Twenty-One: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Kiss in the Rain
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dr. Jensen Weston
Chapter Twenty-Four: Melissa's Shocking News
Chapter Twenty-Five: Disastrous Eighteenth Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Six: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Disadvantages of Being Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Rescuing
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leaving?
Chapter Thirty: Goodbye, My Love
Epilogue: Coming Home
Author's Note
Vampire Princess

Chapter Eleven: There's No Place Like Home

69.2K 1.8K 219
By bellaPiiink

            Today is Friday and the doctors arrived this morning.

            They said I could go home. They said I could go back to my normal human life. They said I could leave the vampire world permanently. I should be jumping up and down for joy, right? But why do I feel they’re not telling me everything I’m supposed to know? Why do I feel that they’re keeping something from me? And most of all, why do I feel so sad that I’m going home?

            “You okay, Melanie?” Xayranne’s voice snapped me back to reality.

            I shook my head slightly, clearing my thoughts. Then I smiled at Xayranne and nodded. “Of course I’m okay! Why wouldn’t I be? I’m going home!”

            She sniffed. “I’m not okay.” Then she looked up at me, her eyes tearing a little bit. “I’m going to miss you, Melanie. Really. I know you’ve just known me for like, six days but it seemed like an eternity.”

            I sighed and patted her shoulder reassuringly. “I’m going to miss you, too. And besides, I know the doctor said I can leave the vampire world permanently, but maybe I could go back and visit? You know, sometime in the weekend?”

            Xayranne grinned and nodded vigorously. “Of course! You should really come and visit.”

            I smiled one last time then zipped up my bag close. Xayranne’s in my room—well, not my room anymore—helping me packing my things. Flynn and Roxanne were in the living room, waiting for me to finish. Garret, however, was out to do some princely duties.

            The King and Queen arrived with the doctors. I noticed that they were acting very, very strange. Especially the Queen, who was staring at me intently all the time. They already said their goodbyes but they were acting so formal and serious that it really bugs me.

            Garret wasn’t home when the doctors arrived. So it will be a big shock for him when he arrives later at night and found out that I’m gone for good. But in my opinion, I know he wouldn’t care less. In fact, I think he would be relieved that I’m gone.

            Xayranne and I left my old room and went downstairs. When we arrived at the living room, Flynn immediately tackled me in a very, very big bear hug. “Oh, Melanie! Do you have to go so soon? It’s just been six days!”

            I laughed. “Flynn, six days is enough. My family and friends are waiting for me. They’re worried about me. I can’t keep them worrying about me, right? Don’t worry, I’ll visit.”

            “You better be or else we’re going to your house!”       

            “Do you even know where it is?”

            “No, but Garret and Roxanne does.”

            “Whatever,” I said dismissively as he let go of me. “I’m going to miss you, too, Flynn. Believe it or not.”

            He ruffled my hair. “Oh, I believe it.”

            I rolled my eyes at him. “So… who’s going to drive me back to Chicago?”

            “That will be me,” Roxanne said, winking at me. “Flynn can’t drive, his car broke down.”

            “Let’s get going then,” I said, grinning like an idiot. I might miss the vampires that are with me now but I miss my family and friends more. I want to see them, to talk to them and to hug them.

            “Okay,” she replied, nodding.

            The four of us went out of the house. Roxanne offered to carry my bags at the back while I say my final goodbyes to the vampire couples who fed me and took care of me for the past six days.

            I hugged Xayranne first and she hugged me back tightly. “Keep safe, Melanie! And please, don’t be nosy again. You never know what will happen!”

            I chuckled. “If I wasn’t nosy, we would never have met.”

            She let go, smirking. “Right you are.”

            After, I hugged Flynn. “Be safe and take care, Melanie. I hope we’ll see each other again.”

            “I hope so, too,” I sighed as I let go of him.

            He grinned. “We’ll send Garret your love.”

            “Just tell him goodbye. And besides, we’re going to see each other in school. It’s not technically a goodbye.”

            “Oh well. I know he would miss you.”

            “I doubt that.”

            “Ready, Melanie?” Roxanne called from the other side of her Mercedes. “Let’s better hurry. We don’t want you to arrive at nighttime, do we?”

            “It’s just three,” I replied, shrugging.

            “Yeah, well, it’s like a two-hour drive from Springfield to Chicago.”

            “But I thought vampires drive faster than humans?”

            “If you are in the mood to vomit, then I’ll drive faster.”  

            I rolled my eyes and hugged the couple once again. Then with a final wave, I went inside the passenger’s seat. I glanced at Roxanne, who rolled her eyes at me. I shrugged. “What?”

            “That was one of the longest goodbyes I’ve ever seen,” Roxanne announced. “It’s not like someone’s dying. You’re going to see them in the future.”

            “You never know,” I said, shrugging once again.

            Roxanne started the engine and began to drive, but not in a very fast pace like Flynn did. But in a slower—very like a normal human—pace.

            “I suggest you sleep,” she suggested. “It’s a two-hour drive and you can’t expect just to sit there and watch your surroundings.”

            I nodded and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was dead asleep.

            When I opened my eyes again, I was in my room. Nope, not my room back in Springfield. But my room. As in my room in Chicago. My eyes widened as my mouth opened slightly in shock. What the hell am I doing here?

            The last thing that I remember was sleeping inside Roxanne’s car. And now, here I am, lying on my bed in Chicago. My eyes wandered to the floor, where my bags were sitting innocently. Suddenly, my eyes caught something white on the floor just beside my bag.

            I immediately got up from my bed and picked it up. A note was written on it: Melanie, it must be a shock for you to wake up in your bed. Sorry about that. I told you to sleep so I can drive in faster pace. Slow is just not really my thing in driving. So I’ll see you in school on Monday. Bye. – R, xoxo.

            Smiling, I rolled my eyes at the note and stuffed it inside my pocket. And then—

            “Melissa, why is your bra on the couch?”

            My eyes widened when I realized whose voice is that. I would always recognize that voice.

            Mom.

            “Oh, sorry about that, Mom. My boyfriend and I were just—.”

            “I really don’t care what you are doing with him. The point is you’re old enough to know that you can’t leave your bras on the couch.”

            “I know. Sorry…”

            Before I knew it, I opened my door and raced down the stairs. Then I ran to the living room, where my Mom was holding up a bra in front of Melissa, who was sitting on the armchair, watching her favorite TV show, Gossip Girl.

            Instantly, their eyes snapped to me. Mom dropped the pink bra to the floor while Melissa spitted out the popcorn that she was eating. Suddenly, I found myself laughing out loud. Their reactions were just too funny.          

            And with that, Mom burst into tears as she ran to hug me. The next thing I knew, I was drowning from Mom’s silky black hair. I hugged her back, burying my face on her shoulder, smelling her usual cologne and shampoo. I missed her—I missed her so much.

            I let go of her, saying, “Mom—,” but didn’t finish since Melissa ran to me and tackled me to another hug. Seriously, what is with hugs today?

            Anyway, I hugged my sister back. I also missed her, even though she only wanted me back so she can hang out with her boyfriend, but whatever. I still love her even though she’s annoys me to hell. Well, what can I do? She’s my sister for life.

            Melissa let me go and I noticed that she was crying as well. “You stupid, stupid bitch. Why do you have to leave just like that? We were worried about you!”

            Mom didn’t even comment when Melissa cursed. Instead, she wiped her eyes and glared at me, making me flinch. Hey, what happened with the happy reunion? “Melanie Alison Meyer, where have you been?! And why didn’t you tell us that you’re coming today?! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!” she cried out loud.

            “Oh, for goodness sake, what happened to the happy reunion?” I said, rolling my eyes.

            “Don’t make a joke out of this, young lady. You’re in a very, very big trouble!”

            “I know, but—.”

            “Do you want to tell us where have you been?”

            “I can’t, but—.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because you don’t need to know,” I replied. “The point is I’m here and I’m safe and sound. Why can’t we just rejoice and go back to normal?”

            “Normal? Huh, you disappeared for six days and you want to go back to normal? Melanie, it’s not that simple!” Mom screamed.

            “Mom—.”

            “Mom, leave her alone,” Melissa suddenly declared. “If she doesn’t want us to know where she was, then don’t press her. Let’s just be happy that she’s here and alive, okay?”

            Mom was quiet for a moment. Then she sighed and raised her hands in exasperation. “Fine. But Melanie’s grounded for a month.”

            I shrugged. Oh well, I deserve it. “So we’re cool now?”

            Melissa nodded. “Yeah. You better call Jasper and Amanda. Hell, they’re worried about them as we were.”

            Oh yeah. I forgot about Jasper and Amanda! I decided to go to Jasper’s house and then to Amanda tomorrow. I just need to see Jasper and tell him that I’m okay. That I’m safe and alive.

            “I better go our next-door neighbors,” I declared.

            “Fine,” Mom replied. “But make sure you’re coming home exactly for dinner. You have a curfew now since you’re grounded.”

            I gave her a kiss on her cheek and waved goodbye. With that, I turned around and ran to Jasper’s house. When I arrived at his doorstep, I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

            After five seconds, the door opened, revealing Jasper, wearing his blue boxers and nothing more. I smiled at him but he didn’t smile back. His jaw dropped as he looked at me from head-to-toe. He didn’t say anything, just stared at me. As I opened my mouth to start a conversation, he stepped forward and did something that was way unexpected.

            Jasper put both of his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Then he pressed his lips gently to mine. Because the kiss was just so sudden, I didn’t kiss him back for a moment. I was just so surprise. Best friends don’t greet each other with a kiss in the lips.

            Rather reluctantly, I kissed him back, running my hand on his dark hair. And after that, my body took over. Suddenly, both of my legs were wrapped around his waist and he carried me inside his house. With his right leg, he shut the door close, not breaking the kiss.

            The last time I had been kissed like this, was two years ago, when I lost my virginity to Jasper. The time when we were just so bored and came up with this idea. It started with a simple make out, but then turned into something intense… passionate… and well, hot.

            Jasper carried me to the couch in the living room and dipped me down as he hovered above me. Pulling back slightly, he slipped his hands under my top and took it off my body, leaving me with my bra exposed. Then he crashed his lips to mine once again, kissing me with everything he has.

            I think Jasper is the greatest kisser that I’ve ever known. Well, the greatest kisser that I’ve ever kissed. Truth to be told, he’s the only guy that I kissed and it was awesome. He just knows how to do it. He just knows how to make a girl want him, to make a girl want to devour him.

            Then everything backfired when my phone suddenly rang.

            Jasper pulled back and I opened my eyes. He was looking at me, shocked and I gulped nervously. Oh shit. 

            The ringing of my phone was the only sound as we stared at each other’s eyes. After a few seconds, the ringing died, leaving me and Jasper to an awkward silence.

            I decided to speak first. “Um… it’s nice to see you again, Jasper.”

            “Shit, Melanie, I’m sorry,” he suddenly apologized. Then he pushed himself off of me and picked up my top. He tossed it to me and turned around, to leave me some privacy.

            Biting my lip, I slipped on my top. “You can look now.”

            Jasper turned and looked at me guiltily. “I’m sorry if I kissed you… It’s just… I… I don’t know what had gotten into me. Why haven’t you stopped me?”

            I shrugged. “I guess I liked it?”

            “Melanie, you should have stopped me. I know you don’t want me to kiss you or something… but…”

            “Jasper, I told you I’d give you a chance to prove yourself. And I told you that you can kiss me. So nothing wrong, okay? It’s not your fault that you’re really a good kisser,” I said, smirking at him playfully.

            He smiled an adorable smile, showing off his dimples. “I know.” Then he suddenly turned serious. “When have you arrived? And… where have you been?”

            “Uh…”

            “You can’t tell me, right?”

            “Not exactly, no.”

            He sighed. “Oh well. At least you’re here,” he said and smiled. He leaned closer to me and kissed me softly in the lips. “God, Melanie, I’ve missed you.”

            “I’ve missed you, too,” I whispered and then kissed him back.

            He took this as an invitation and hovered above me again, still kissing me hungrily. When my phone rang the second time, he moved his lips to my jaw and to my neck. I grabbed my phone from inside my pocket and pressed the Answer button. Breathing heavily, I answered, “Hello…”

            “Melanie? This is Garret.”

            My eyes widened as I heard Garret’s voice. Still kissing my neck and probably giving me a hickey, Jasper smiled against my lips. “Hi…” I said, still breathing heavily, my hands on Jasper’s hair.

            “Um, are you okay, Melanie? Why are you… panting?”

            “No… reasons. So… why are you calling?”

            Garret took a deep breath. “I just want you to know that we need to talk on Monday at school. This is something very, very important.”

            “Why… can’t you… tell me… now?”

            “Because it’s important and I want to talk to you face-to-face. So we’ll see each other on Monday, okay?”           

            “Fine—.”

            “Melanie, are you done now?” Jasper’s voice was husky with lust. “I’m tired of waiting. I want to—.”

            “Jasper, shut up!” I hissed, hoping that Garret didn’t hear him. Unfortunately, he did.

            “You’re with Jasper…?”

            “Yeah…?”

            “You’re panting… Oh my God. Are you… holy crap.”

            “It’s not what you are thinking!” I suddenly blurted out. “We’re not—we’re not doing something wrong! We’re just—.”

            “Melanie and I are in the middle of making out so please, stop calling her,” Jasper said out loud.

            “Jasper!” I gasped. I pressed my phone closer to my ears. “Oh crap, sorry about that, Garret. I’ll call you tomorrow. Bye.”

            And with that, I ended the call and glared at Jasper. “You—.”

            But he pressed his lips to mine and I forgot what I’m going to say.

Sorry for the late upload! :)) I can't connect with Wattpad last night, I don't know why. Zzzz... Anyway, this chapter wasn't that great... In my opinion, it was kinda weird. xD Hahahaha. Oh well. But I do hope you like it! :)

Thank you for reading and take care. <3

- Lovella, xoxo. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.5K 54
Hannah gets her world turned upside down when she meets Louis Tomlinson. He fell for her the minute he laid eyes on her. But he's no ordinary boy, he...
17.6K 338 37
Selena Gomez is a teen pop sensation ! All Over the world people love her . She puts a sweet front and shows the world how nice a person she is . Whi...
684 50 25
Some secrets are best left unsaid. But this wasn't one of them. First Book In the Immortal Love series Twilight x Harry Potter Jezebel is anything b...
229K 10.1K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...