It Ends Here... (Book III)

By thevelvetrose

*Going to edit* (Part of the New beginning series.. book 3) Samantha has been through more than any human can... More

*It ends here... {1}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {2}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {3}
It ends here.... (Sequel to Rise Against) {4}
It ends here.... (Sequel to Rise Against) {5}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {6}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {7}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {8}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {9}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {10}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {11}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {13}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {14}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {15}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {16}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {17}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {18}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {19}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {20}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {21}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {22}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {23}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {24}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {25}
It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {26}
It ends here... (Epilogue!)

It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {12}

9.6K 104 34
By thevelvetrose

Recap:

"Good.. Afternoon" Zack patted my head and went to his bed as well.

Its been a week since we moved into this new house. And we've spent nearly every minute cleaning or fixing the house.

I have one week..

....................................................................................................................................

I showered in the old brown tub from the 80's or so. It was small and ugly, but it worked okay.

Zack was cooking lunch and Jack was napping or something. Cassie was drawing more in her new memory book. Her old one filled up.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel tight around me. Then turned on the exhaust fan to get the steam out.

The mirror looked frosted almost. I grabbed a rag and wiped a little hole so I could see my face.

Behind me was like a white ghost. I gasped and spun around.

"Tonight Samantha" Noel smiled.

"Jeez Noel. Please don't sneak up on me like that. Especially when I just step out of the-" I froze. "Wait. What?"

"Tonight is the night"

"You mean.."

"Yes. Tell Jack"

She disappeared. Creep. I started hyperventilating. Tonight. Tonight? I took my sweet time in the bathroom. Blow dried and curled my long hair. Cleaned my face and put on makeup. Then put on lotion, brushed and flossed my teeth. Plucked my eyebrows. Clipped and polished my toe nails and finger nails.

Then I sighed sadly when I was done. Now I have to speak with.. The guys. Zack was cleaning up the dishes.

I sauntered forward and sat down on my bed.

"I fixed lunch. But you were in there for like three hours. So its in the fridge.." He trailed off when he looked at me.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"Noel came to you. didn't she?" Zack whispered.

I nodded.

"Cassie. We're leaving" Zack told her.

"Zack. Its not happening here. And plus its not until tonight" I told him.

"I don't care. We're leaving. See you in a few days" He grabbed his suitcase angry and went out the house with Cassie.

I groaned and laid down. Stupid future. Ruining everything. The door opened again and I looked to see Jack walk in.

Jack didn't even realized I was there.

"Jack" I called to get his attention.

He turned around and looked at me curiously.

"Noel came to me. Tonight's the night" I told him.

He just stood there. A can of coke in his hand. I sat up and looked at him. He just examined me. My face.

I wasn't sure what to do or say. So I started talking randomly.

"You don't have to do this. You don't. Zack probably went to Penelope's and we can just go there and get him if you changed your mind. We both have a choice. We can all watch a movie instead. I'll pop popcorn and put on the movie Bolt on my laptop. We can all play a board game and then have ice cream" I rambled. Although watching Bolt sounded good to me.

"I'm not changing my mind" Jack told me. Staring at me like I was losing my mind. Maybe I was?

"Okay. So.. What now?" I muttered.

He looked like he was thinking. Then he grabbed some blankets from his and my bed and went into the kitchen.

I leaped up and followed him. He threw them on the floor of the bedroom and then grabbed some pillows.

"Not here. Not in this house!" I told him.

"Do you have a better place?" He wondered.

"Well.. No" I admitted sheepishly.

He gave his Jack smile and walked back into the living room. He grabbed a bottle of water then headed back to the bedroom. I followed curiously.

"Ready?" He asked.

"What? No! its only 5pm. We still have a few more hours" I mumbled.

I left and went outside. There weren't a whole lot of houses nearby. So I could stay outside.

I sat out there for an hour, trying to not think. Of anything. Then I went inside and ate some pasta. I played some games on my computer and redid my hair and makeup. Then vacuumed a little. Then I heard Jack sigh.

"Your stalling" He said.

I shrugged.

"Its almost nine"

"Its still night" I pointed out.

"If you cant do this. Then don't"

I sighed.

"Let me change into something else" I muttered.

I went into the master bathroom and took a nightgown with me. So. I don't exactly know much about. It. I've obviously never done it. And neither have my friends, Zack or Jack. Oh gosh. Jack and I are new at this. I always skipped the day when the school would talk about it. And my mom told me when I was like eight, but I was eight, and was distracted when sponge bob came on. Ah. sponge bob. Crazy little sponge.

I want to watch that. Focus Sam. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Jack laying on the floor in the blankets and pillows.

He was in black boxers. I didn't look at his face.

"Remember the rules I told you the other day" I told him. "This doesn't mean we are in a relationship. This is a one time thing. You don't own me anymore then Zack. I still love Zack. don't be a jerk to him or me. And treat Zack and I kindly. Got that?"

"Yes. Now stop rambling" He rolled him eyes.

He stood up and kissed me.

The next morning I woke up with drool coming out of my mouth and soaking into the carpet. Gross. I stretched out my stiff and arms and looked over at Jack who was lightly snoring. He laid to my left on his back. His head was turned in my direction.

The blanket was around his waist. His black hair hung down his face. He looked.. Peaceful.

His bare chest was smooth and was barely tan. Mostly pale. With a slight raise where his abs are. They are small but definitely there. Great. Now I'm a creepy person who stares and judges them while they sleep.

I pulled myself out of his grasp and grabbed the black shirt on the floor and put it on.

It was a button down shirt that went to my mid thigh. I got tired of buttoning it and left a few undone.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my hands through my knotted and untamed hair.

I tried not to think of last night. Jack cant know that I haven't stopped thinking of it. I even freakin dreamed of it.

So I spent my time not thinking about. Which led to thinking about it and a stupid goofy grin on my face.

I took off the shirt and turned on the shower. Then the door opened. I saw Jack and I lost my balance. And fell to the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Helping me up. How embarrassing.

"Fine. You just startled me" I muttered and wrapped a towel around me.

"What are you doing?"

"About to take a shower?" I said it like he was a mental patient.

"Oh. Good" He gave the crooked Jack smile and got in the shower.

"Jack! Come on" I whined.

He opened the shower curtain and grabbed my hand to help me in. but I shook my head.

"No. I'll wait thank you" I snapped.

"Come on. it's a traditional thing that happens-"

"Don't speak of it. don't speak of last night"

He sighed and closed the curtain.

Jack is such a mystery to me. He came out of the shower five minutes later and stole the towel from me. I hissed and hopped in the shower. Jerk.

He kissed me out of no where. I pulled away while I could still think clearly.

"Jack. No" I sighed.

"You know. I don't think we were safe last night" His face showed fake horror.

"Jack. Out" I shoved him out of the bathroom.

He is a very determined person. I took a quick shower and changed into some sweat pants and a t-shirt.

Jack was wearing. Guess what? Black jeans and a black shirt. Jack Black! Oh wait. No. that's an actor..

He saw me and smiled.

"So.. Oh! You made me coffee!" I smiled and poured me a cup. Then it disappeared from my hands.

"You shouldn't be drinking coffee" He shook his head.

"Technically. I'm not pregnant yet. It takes a while. I suggest you hand me back the cup before I lose it" I said in a sugary sweet tone.

"No"

"Give. Me. My. CUP!" I hissed.

"Make me" He grinned. Then held it up above me.

"I told you. Last night was a one time thing okay?"

"I know what you said. But did you mean it?"

"GIVE ME MY COFFEE!" I hissed.

He drank my coffee right in front of me. Stupid. When he turned around. I grabbed his coffee he had been drinking and started gulping it down.

He shook his head sadly.

"I win" I smiled.

"And that was your last cup. Hope you liked it. Because you wont have another for nine months"

"Neither will you"

"What?"

"If I cant have coffee. Neither can you"

"I'm not pregnant" He smiled.

"Act like you are"

"I cant have babies. Incase you didn't see" He winked.

I blushed and dumped the rest of the coffee out. I will be monitoring his health like he will be on my.

I cant have coffee, he cant, I cant have alcohol. He cant either. Even though we both don't drink.

Zack popped into my mind. Is he okay? I thought about Penelope's address. It was a little ways away. Maybe half an hour or so. I grabbed the keys and headed to the door.

Jack popped up in front of me.

"Where do you think your going?" He asked. He crossed his arms and looked down at me.

"I'm going to Penelope's. I need to see Zack"

"Wait till tonight"

"You don't own me Jack. I have free will"

"Wait. Until. Tonight" He told me. Then snatched the keys from my hand.

"Fine. But I WILL go tonight"

"And I WILL drive you there"

"Whatever" I hissed.

I ate the leftovers out of the fridge and then cleaned myself up. It was 1pm then. I sighed and then I took a three hour nap. 4pm. Still not night time yet.

Jack just seemed to hover over me and make me angry. Every time I walked close to the door. He would remind me he has the keys. Even if I was just going to the bathroom.

I started reading, drawing, watching movies on my laptop. Then it was finally 12am.

Jack handed me my black jacket and I got in the passenger side of the car.

We drove up to this little white house in an old neighborhood. It had lots of bright flowers and a lot of garden gnomes.

Jack scoffed at the site. I hopped out and headed to the door. Jack waited in the car like I asked. Or more like demanded.

I knocked on the door and waited.

"Hello?" A woman maybe in her late 50's early 60's answer.

"Um. Maybe I have the wrong house. I'm looking for Penelope and Zack"

"And you are?"

"Oh. Sorry. I'm Samantha"

"Ah. Right this way. I think they are watching a movie"

I went into the sunken living room. It was dark and the only light was the screen of the television.

I snuck up behind them and saw Zack in the recliner. Cassie and Rosie were laying on the floor. Penelope was laying on the couch.

They were watching Bolt. I tried not to laugh. The movie I had suggested to Jack last night instead of. Well you know.

I walked over to Zack who was sleeping. And kissed him on the forehead.

Penelope saw me and sort of jumped. Startled.

"Samantha" She gasped.

"Hey Penny" I smiled.

She was quiet for a minute. Then got up. She grabbed my hand gently and led me into a small bedroom. Probably hers.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"I just have to tell you. Zack is really hurting right now. And maybe you being here isn't best for him" She told me.

I felt crushed. I completely understand why Zack is hurt. and that hurt me too. But being told I shouldn't be there.

"Where should I be Penelope?" I asked her. My voice broke on the last part.

"I'm sorry Samantha. Its just.. I hate seeing him hurt like this. He's like my brother. And he wouldn't even talk to me until a few hours ago"

"Well I'm sorry too. You have to understand this all wasn't my fault. I did what was right. And Zack needs to understand I'm not trying to hurt him. Neither is Jack"

She frowned. "I believe the first part. But not the last part. I think Jack wants Zack hurt"

"Why would you say that?"

"I cant tell you. But Jack is messing with Zack on purpose. Jack wants you"

"I'm not some freakin property Penny"

"I know. But I'm just speaking for what I've seen"

"You can ask Jack. He's out in the car"

"He's what?!" She gasped. "You shouldn't have brought him here"

"Why not?"

"Zack hates Jack. Duh. And I feel the same"

I sighed in frustration. "I just want to see and talk to Zack. Please. Please let me do this"

"Fine. But don't let Jack in this house"

"Okay"

We walked out of the room and I walked back into the living room. Zack was still sleeping hard.

I laid on the couch and watch him. Wanting to wake him, but I couldn't do it. He looked so peaceful and happy.

I've hurt him so freakin much. And I cant wake him to see the pain return on his face.

(Penelope's POV)

I marched outside and banged on the car door. Jack came out and glared at me.

"What the heck!" He snapped.

I banged a little too hard and left a tiny dent. I smiled.

"I want you to stay away from Samantha. And from Zack. No more of your sick little games. Samantha and Zack belong together. And you will not mess it up" I snapped.

"I don't know what your talking about, but Samantha has her own choices. And she hasn't chosen him"

"Yet. But she will"

"After last night?"

"Shut up. If I see you or hear about you messing with either of them. I will hunt you down"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Listen creep. I'm not the only one that hates you. In fact. Find someone who actually gives a hoot if you don't just disappear! I know of more who hate you then who care about you. I heard what you did to Henry. I'm sure he hates you too!"

He blinked a few times.

"Samantha cares for me" He whispered.

"Stay away from her. And Zack"

"Samantha is my responsibility. And so is the baby. So its going to be a little difficult to stay away"

"Take care of her. But as a friend. Now leave"

"Not without Samantha"

"Zack will take her home"

"Let me ask her" He took a few steps towards the house. I stood in his way with pepper spray.

"No you wont. This is my house. You are not welcomed"

"I'll wait then"

"She's not coming out"

He sighed and leaned against the car.

"Zack is better for her. He loves her and cares for her" I told him.

"I love her too" He told me. He stared at me with his arms crossed.

I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't know he loved her. I thought it was one sick game he was playing. But still. Jack is nothing to me.

"Go home" I told him. Then went inside and locked the door.

(Samantha's POV)

I heard the front door slam and a lock click on the door. I laid frozen on the couch. Someone sighed and then walked into the living room.

Penelope sat next to me and gave a small smile.

"Jack went home. He said you can get a ride from Zack" She shrugged.

"Oh.. Okay" I muttered.

I knew she was lying. Was Jack out there? What was she doing outside? I didn't move. I just looked back at the screen.

She sighed and took the sleeping Rosie to her bed.

"Rosie has a trundle bed. Cassie will stay in there. Zack looks comfy where he is. And you can sleep on the couch if you want. Here are some blankets" She handed me a blanket off the back of the couch.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

As soon as she closed her bedroom door. I leaped up and looked out the window.

Where the car was, was nothing. So he really did leave?

But was it by force? Or did he really just drop me off?

After the crud he gave me earlier for me wanting to drive myself and all. I doubted he would leave. I sighed and pressed play on the movie to re-watch it.

"Sam?" Something touched my cheek.

"Mmm" I mumbled.

"Hey" Zack whispered when I opened my eyes.

"Hey. What time is it?"

"5am"

"Ah"

"So.. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you"

"I told you I would see you in a few days"

I looked down. Hurt. He didn't want to see me? That stung more then bearable.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come then" My voice broke.

"No. its okay. I was just wondering why you came?"

"I missed you" I pressed my cheek to the back of his hand.

"I missed you too.. So.. Where is Jack?" He spat the last word.

"Penelope kicked his butt out" I sighed.

"Good"

"I want coffee"

He frowned. "You shouldn't have coffee"

"Aw. Now is there a cult of men who deprive their women of coffee?" I groaned.

He smiled. Then got me some orange juice. I sipped it and at some toast. Penelope was still sleeping. And so was Cassie and Rosie Penny's mother.

Zack and I ate and watched Happy Days on TV. Then I cleaned up the dishes.

Zack took a shower and then Penelope woke up. I have to talk to her.

"Penelope" I called.

She walked over and sat in a rocking chair beside the TV.

"Yes?"

"Last night.. Did you kick Jack out?" I wondered.

"He shouldn't come around here" She sighed.

"I forgive you, its just I don't like being lied to"

She frowned and nodded.

Zack came in. wearing cargo shorts and no shirt. His hair was freshly gelled and spiked up. He was bigger then Jack. Muscles more known. I know I've said this. But now its more obvious. Not that Jack's scrawny or anything. He has muscles too. Its just that Zack has pretty big muscles.

Jack might be taller though. Zack smiled when he saw us and then put on a white t-shirt.

"Ready to head home?" I asked.

"No. but we should" Zack frowned.

He grabbed Cassie and carried her to the car. I grabbed his and her bags and put them in the trunk.

We said our goodbyes and drove off.

It was still a little dark out. And I was exhausted because I only went to bed at 2am. Yeah.

Three hours of sleep.

Zack drove quietly. I fought to stay awake.

"Why did you come after me?" Zack asked.

"Because I missed you" I said confused. I just said that earlier.

"I know that. But there has to be more of a reason then that"

"I felt guilty. And.. I love you. And I hate seeing you hurt"

"You still love me after the other night?" He questioned.

"Of course"

"So.. Your not choosing Jack now?"

"No.. I never said I would anyway"

We pulled up to the house and then Zack put Cassie in her bed. Jack was asleep in his bed. I could tell Zack was fighting now to attack Jack while he slept.

"Sam. Would you walk with me?" Zack asked.

"I don't know. I'm really tired" I yawned. But then saw his expression and nodded. "Let me get my shoes on"

We walked into the woods and the sun started coming up. I grabbed onto Zack's arm to keep my balance incase I started dozing off.

He stopped and turned to me.

"I have something to ask you" He smiled.

"Okay.. Shoot?" I told him.

He pulled his wallet out his pocket and then pulled out something shiny.

"Samantha. I love you. And wanted this to be really special. But these past couple of months have been horrible honestly. And I wanted this to be perfect. But so far. Nothing has happened as planned.. Will you marry me?" He showed me a ring in his hand.

I was very awake now as I stared at the shiny piece in his hand. It looked.. Familiar.

"Your asking me. A girl who is hopefully, pregnant. With another person's baby. To marry you?" I asked shocked.

"I want you to be mine" He smiled.

I had a lot of things to consider. I just stared at him for a minute. Then everything clicked. My answer spilled out.

"Yes. I will" I told him.

He kissed me gently and then grabbed my hand. So I'm now engaged? How will I tell Jack?

None of that mattered. I walked with Zack through the woods. The realization of what has been hidden in my heart has come out today. I'm completely in love with Zack. And yet I do love Jack.

I will be Zack's. and he will be mine. It sounded.. Amazing. Weird. This all sounds sick and twisted. But fate happens.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
CBD, the dynamic fixing in BioHeal CBD Gummies, is a strong solution for any sort of actual aggravation. It's a strong CBD pill that utilizes the ent...
22 0 1
Die K-Pop Boygroup Ateez wird vom Südkoreanischem Staat zu einer Art TV Show eingeladen. Was erst noch als harmlos erscheint, entpuppt sich später al...
12 0 1
The year is 3024. Gen alpha never ended. Gen beta are few. Gen beta are the outlaws of this timeline. I am a Gen beta. Gen alpha found a way to be im...
Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

843K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...