✧ Lovelorn ✧

By emika_3206

❝If you're reading this, then that means I'm dead❞ Delilah Reverdin, a normal girl, was reincarnated as Clara... More

N o t e
Lovelorn Intro + Otome Dictionary for Dummies
W o r l d ✘ H i s t o r y
W o r l d ✘ M a p
Capture Targets ✘ E n d i n g s
Other ✘ Characters
A r c O n e ✘ The Life of a Villainess
I ✘ Love You
II ✘ Operation Change
III ✘ Friends Don't Steal
IV ✘ Never a Queen
V ✘ PoV of the Villainess
VII ✘ The Taste of Chocolate
VIII ✘ Handmade Apologies
XII ✘ Return to Gardenia
XIII ✘ A Peaceful Life
XIV ✘ Sister from Hell
XV ✘ Brother in Law
XVI ✘ Engagement
XVII ✘ Precious Person
XVIII ✘ PoV of the King
XIX ✘ Three Murderers
XX ✘ Your Help
XXI ✘ Best Friend
XXII ✘ Ribbon
XXIII ✘ Meet Timmy
XXIV ✘ Difficult
XXV ✘ A name
A r c T w o ❥❥❥ N e w G a m e
Elena Margavine ✘ SPINOFF
Elena Margavine X Spinoff pt.2
XXVI ❥❥❥ Initiation pt.1
XXVII ❥❥❥ Initiation pt.2
XXVIII ❥❥❥ Ep1-Let's Get Along
XXX❥❥❥ Ep3- Hope
XXXI❥❥❥ Ep4- Never Enough
XXXII ❥❥❥ Ep5-The Life of Professor De Verde
XXXIII ❥❥❥ Ep6- My Delilah
XXXIV ❥❥❥ Ep7- A world without the heroine
XXXV ❥❥❥ Ep8- The same shade of blue
XXXVI ❥❥❥ Ep9- Monkey and Iceface
XXXVII❥❥❥ Ep10- Monster
XXXVIII ❥❥❥ Ep11- My Brother is the Main Character
XXXIX ❥❥❥ Ep12- Keep Your Secret
XL ❥❥❥ Ep13- So Different
XLI ❥❥❥ Ep14- He's not that bad?
XLII ❥❥❥ Ep15- Uniform
XLIII ❥❥❥ Ep16- My Future
XLIV❥❥❥ Ep17-The world is out to get me
XLV ❥❥❥ Ep18- You don't need to remember me
XLVI ❥❥❥ Ep19-You'll always have me
XLVII ❥❥❥ Ep20- I did the right thing today
XLVIII ❥❥❥ Ep21- She doesn't know anymore!

XXIX ❥❥❥ Ep2- The New Queen

2.3K 120 33
By emika_3206

A D R I E N

When Adrien woke up, everyone in their shared room was gone. They were probably in school, and the Royals Selection must be starting, or must've ended already. If the telltale screams of students were anything to go by, not to mention his digital clock glaring 4:00 PM, Adrien would bet that the most awaited selection must be over. He wonders why the others did not wake him up.

Oh wait, they did.

At least, they tried to.

"Shouldn't we wake him up?" It was probably Skotadi who murmured this. Adrien only lifted his blanket higher so it covers half of his face.

"I brought my drums. Do you think that would wake him up?" Amadeus whispered back, and there were sounds of clattering. The second prince probably tried to get the drums out from his baggage, only to be halted by Andrew.

"I think I could throw him a bucket of cold water. " He said as if it's a perfectly sane idea to just wake someone up by throwing water at their face. Then again, he is the brother of Clara Skotadi and craziness runs in the blood of the Sapphire House. Adrien cringed, while lifting his blanket higher so it covers his entire head.

"Don't even try any of that," Bless the voice of reason that came in the form of Avarys Diatiro. He could imagine his cousin frowning, while narrowing his eyes at Amadeus and Andrew who would both be sweat dropping by now. "Let's just leave him be. He'll wake up when he wants to."

They were the last footsteps to leave the room. When the door clicked shut, Adrien sighed in relief, before slumbering once again.

So he missed breakfast and dinner, Adrien thought as he dried his hair with a small towel. He wore the required Gardenia Academy uniform, opting out the necktie since it was surprisingly gone.

Adrien wasn't really interested in being King, or any of the Royals for that matter. It's more of Avarys' thing. That, and he conveniently ignored his father's order — Adrien, you absolutely have to be a royal. Or better yet, join the King Tournament. I have no son that's a a disgrace. Adrien conveniently burned that stupid letter down with a flick of his wrist.

As he walked up to the main building, he immediately noticed the posters indicating "Royals Tournament". For all the stupid things in this world it seems as if rankings are so important. Adrien couldn't care less, with his heritage, he'd end up as an Elite at least and a Royal at most. The Royals Tournament is by the Megaira Ampiteather, also known as the Colosseum. Gardenia Academy has a Colosseum among all things. It's also where magic training and sparring matches are held. The magestic structure was entirely made up of concrete and a touch of marble. He swiped his student card, and was allowed entrance. As he walked by the seats, it was he oddly stepped on diamond shards. Adrien cringed, because diamonds means Avarys and he fears for the poor soul that got to fight that monster. Perhaps the King Tournament was finished and his cousin probably pulverized them all.

He sat by the far ends of the bleachers as his so called friends are on the other side of the room. Based from the hologram that appeared and from the swirly writing, it is the Queen Selection. There was was a chart displayed, then the faces and names of the girls who joined and who would fight each other. He wasn't surprised when he saw Elena Margavine's beautiful face displayed on the hologram, she had always been one to seek power. What caught his attention was that there was no Clara Skotadi in the matchlist. The bluenette was sitting on the other side of the ampiteather with Angel Chapelle and the annoying bug Sofia Glowpeak.

"Hi cousin," Someone actually had the deatwish of sitting next to him. Adrien glared but then he was met by the smiling face of Amadeus Diatiro. "So you're finally awake."

Adrien only rolled his eyes at his cousin's sarcastic comment.

"I think maybe I should've slept in too," Amadeus said, while rubbing his shoulder. "Guess what, Avarys actually signed Andrew and I for the tournament. That git just wanted to spar with us but what the hell he didn't even hold back."

Now that seemed interesting. Adrien would've loved to watch them spar. And another reason why he didn't go to the Ampiteather early is because Avarys might sign him up for the tournament just to spar with him. The last time they sparred, Avarys legit destoryed his enchanted ax (thank you Rosemond ancestors for being such great blacksmiths) with slash from his sword. Then Adrien decided that no, he will never ever ever spar with Avarys again. The guy wasn't using his magic then and he fears for the monster Avarys is when he is allowed free to pulverize others on a tournament with his magic and weapons. What a headache.

The venue was indeed scortched, probably when Amadeus sparred Avarys with his golden flames.

"Did he use his magic on you?" Adrien asked, and maybe that was the wrong question. Maybe he should've asked : Was Avarys even wearing his magic suppressors?

"He didn't need to," Amadeus dead-panned. "So I created walls of fire but still he had his knife on my throat." What a very scary and graphic description.

"How about Skotadi?"

"You mean Andrew?"

"Why would I even want to fight big brother?" Andrew Skotadi suddenly sat next to Amadeus, holding a bowl of popcorn. "Of course it goes without saying that I forfeited the moment I got the chance."

"Such a shame," Avarys appeared, with his coat strung over his shoulder. He had a cut on the side of his face too, but what was scary was despite that he was smiling brightly and there was no murder in his eyes. "I wanted to fight a Skotadi."

"All hail the king." Amadeus dead-panned.

"Hi big brother."

"Avarys," Adrien acknowledged, but he pointed to his cheek, which Avarys imitated. "Your cheek, what happened?"

"Oh, this guy landed a hit on me." He explained, as if it is an everyday occurrence for something like that to happen.

"I am low key terrified. Please elaborate." Adrien turned to Amadeus, who just shrugged.

"It's actually more terrifying if you've seen them actually fight. What was your opponent's name again?"

"I forgot." Avarys mumbled numbly, his eyes sweeping the crowd. Probably looking for the female Skotadi.

"Ah! That's Luka Noir," Andrew supplied. "I met the guy during the initiation. I didn't know his ring worked like that."

"What's his magic then?"

"Mainly Teleportation," Amadeus answered, while stealing popcorns from Andrew's bowl. "He could cast shields too."

"It's annoying really. I couldn't land a hit on him at first," Avarys recalled with a blank face. "Then he punched me with his ring hand and look." He motioned at the gash on his face.

"So the diamonds..."

"I had no choice."

"It was scary!" Andrew said in an exaggerated voice. "Big brother actually crystalized his ring."

"You speak as if I broke it."

"Well didn't you?" Amadeus countered, and Avarys looked the other way with a guilty smile on his face.

"Maybe a little," Avarys said, narrowing his eyes. "Just a little. They could get it fixed at the Plaza later."

"Shouldn't you get that fixed." Adrien pointed at his cheek.

"Yeah maybe I should," Avarys agreed, before standing up and heading towards his fiancee's direction. "I'll go to Clara so she could fuss over me. Bye losers."

"Bye!" Andrew waved, before filling his mouth with popcorn once again. Adrien and Amadeus only raised the finger at him.

"Hey Amadeus, I'm wondering," Adrien started, before slowly lowering the volume of his voice so that Andrew wouldn't hear. "Are you over Clara Skotadi?"

Amadeus only blinked, deep burgundy orbs staring at him in confusion. "There's nothing to get over with in the first place." Then he smiled, a lot like Avarys when he is plotting something. "Now that was a very uncomfortable question. Would you like me to perhaps ask you about Margavine?"

"Forget I even asked."

"Hey isn't that Margavine?" Andrew suddenly pointed at the arena below, only for Elena Margavine to appear from one of the dungeon entrances. She waved at the crowd then blew a kiss on her girl friends. Clara Skotadi was one of those screaming the loudest, while holding a banner with Elena's name on it. Avarys Diatiro meanwhile looked as if he was decapitating her with just his gaze.

Elena seemed to be searching the crowd for him. Adrien wanted to sink in his seat that's when her eyes locked with his.

He felt a stinging jab in his ribs. If he were a lesser man he would've shrieked but this is Adrien Rosemond here, he promptly gave a withering glare at his cousin. Amadeus smiled, looking a lot like Avarys when he did so. Sometimes he forgets that those two are twins.

"Shouldn't this be the point where you say good luck?" Burgundy eyes were sparkling with all things evil and Amadeus never looked a lot like Avarys right up until this moment.

Adrien sighed, before mouthing a silent good luck at her.

Elena for a second blinked then rubbed her eyes. She blinked more before waving happily at him and smiling the brightest smile ever, as if saying : "Don't worry, I got this!"

Adrien tried to return her enthusiasm, but all that came out was a rather constipated smile on his face. He really, really doesn't deserve Elena Margavine.

She's too good for him.

♥♥♥

The banquet was in full swing. Did Adrien ever say that he hates social gatherings?

Did Adrien ever say that he hates socializing?

Did Adrien ever say that he hates people?

Right now he is surrounded by all those things he hates. On his left side, Sofia Glowpeak was chatting him up with something he had zero interest in. Her words literally entered one ear then left the other. The other nobles had gotten used to them, and had started warming up, socializing to the point that it was bothering.

A few seats away were the Skotadi siblings surrounded by other nobles as well. They encircled the chocolate fountain, while Clara and Andrew like the little kids they are stuffed chocolate covered fruits and marshmallows on their faces. It seemed like some sort of trend if the Clara Skotadi does it so all other nobles followed suit.

On the other side of the room, Avarys Diatiro seemed to be handling the socializing bullshittery well, with Elena Margavine standing stiffly by his side. Elena looked like she wanted to march up to him and tear the girls surrounding him limb by limb, but then as the newly appointed Queen she can't do that. That and Avarys also stepped on her foot, and gave her a look that surely translated to: No Margavine, you're not a dog. You can't just pee on him to mark your territory.

She seemed torn between maiming the girls first or maiming Avarys first. It was funny how those two interact. They always seemed to be just a step away from killing each other. Even if they were smiling, you could literally hear them plotting to end the other. But they probably won't do it today, since they are surrounded by people and they are the newly selected King and Queen after all.

It was funny, during the awarding ceremony, when the Headmaster gave them their badges, then pointed at each other then screamed a scandalized "WHAT?!". Then during the pictorial they both vehemently refused to stand next to each other and promptly had separate pictures taken. First time in history, and it was a good laugh.

Adrien decided that he had enough, before politely excusing himself from the crowd and leaving the banquet hall, his flute of champagne in tow.

It was a bad move downing it in one gulf. Because his world spun and the next thing he knew he was down on the floor.

Could this night get any worse?

♥♥♥

A Dummy's Guide: Gardenia Academy
Chapter 3: Ranking System

For generations, the esteemed school for magic has observed a sort of hierarchy among students to maintain order.

Tier One (Academe Royals)
They have an overall magical aptitude of 10+. The King and Queen are selected through a process called tournament in which they have to defeat all other players. Academe Royals They could be dethroned when defeated after a challenge. Likewisez they could also accept to challenges within the schoolyear. The tournament happens every year. The royals could also chose their knights among the Elite Noblesse, but this is optional.

👑 king- Avarys Diatiro

👑 queen - Elena Margavine

Tier Two (The Elite Noblesse) ♡
They have an overall magical aptitude of about 8 - 10. They were rare and commonly descents from the houses of the Four Pillars of Power.

Adrien Rosemond
Clara Estella Skotadi
Andrew Skotadi
Amadeus Diatiro

Tier Three (The Noblesse) ※
They have an overall magical aptitude of about 4 - 7. They mostly use magical items to chanel out their magic.

Lyra Delacroix
Magic Item: Crystal Ball.
Specialty: Divination

Luka Noir
Magic Item: Enchanted Ring
Specialty: Teleportation

Rein Noir
Magic Item: Enchanted Ring
Specialty: Mild Healing

Angel Chapelle
Magic Item: Staff
Specialty: Telekenesis

Sofia Glowpeak
Magic Item: unknown
Specialty: unknown

Tier Four (The commoners)
They have an almost nonexistent magical aptitude of 1 - 3. They were basically not able to cast magical spells or use magical weapons. It is rumored that when King Tycheros shared small bits of magic throughout the world, it didn't trickle to them.

♥♥♥

Hey guys Mika here..... So I had a bit of free time and decided to finish this chapter to update. I reaaaalllyyy , reaaaalllyyy, reaaaalllyyy want to finish Lovelorn lolz. Thank you for supporting this book!!!!!!! So what do you think of this chapter??

Does anyone of you had some cool theories you think of how the school arc would turn out? Please do share!

Lol— Mika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 3.5K 41
"Do you...love me too?" ♡♡ Oh, how blind you were. You thought your fiance loved you, but he decided it would be a good idea to cheat on you with you...
328K 11.3K 103
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ [There are mention of dark themes in this story. ] A story of a girl, that has woken up inside the body of someone she doesn't recogn...
62.3K 2.3K 57
"I'M STRAIGHT! WHAT THE FU-" I yelled out at the flying women in the white clothes that was reading a manga. She scoffed me and look at me with her g...
93.6K 5.7K 25
【 ꜰᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ꜰ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ᴍ!ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ 】 This world has never feel real to you, especially when you found yourself obsessed with a certain boy in th...