My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Prologue (Updated)
Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 5 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 7 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 18 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Chapter 39

24.5K 714 206
By wantinghemmings

Draco pushed the church doors open and the scent of candles, flowers and incense entered his nostrils. It had been years since he had set foot on this church sixteen years to be exact. It was painful to think about some parts of the memory so, He pushed those memories back in his mind and continued to walk down the aisle as the red carpet contrasting with his black shoes.

 He walked down the aisle and he noticed that as he was nearing, he can see Astoria seating on one of the benches that were hidden in the side. Slowly walking up to her he saw her tear stained face and her hair in a messy bun. Astoria was busy looking at the cross she didn’t notice Draco sit beside her.

 “What’s wrong?” Draco asked, he saw her blink but he didn’t bother to look at him. She just wiped the smeared make up and the left over tears on her face.

 “What is it you wanted to talk about that you needed to speak to me here?” He added but Astoria remained quiet. She is never this quiet Draco thought.

 He tried to catch Astoria’s eyes but she kept her face away from his. He needed a little more time to register the words that were going to come out of her mouth.  Slowly she was parting her red lips and closed her eyes blocking the image of Draco form the corner of her eyes.

 “M-My Father once told me ‘Truth hurts Astoria but we need to get hurt to be free.’”  She spoke softly but Draco heard her.

 “What are you talking about Astoria?” Draco asked in confusion as he moved closer to her and draped his arm over her shoulder.

 Astoria tried to bit her lip to prevent more tears from falling from her eyes. She wasn’t sure if she was doing the right thing but deep inside she knew she needed to do this. She had to. She couldn’t live with secrets anymore. The earlier encounter with Narcissa made her realize that it was time to tell the truth.

 “S-Scorpius.” Astoria whispered and instantly looked at her lap. Her voice was quivering with pain and fear.

 Draco’s eyes widened as his body stiffened when he heard Scorpius’ name escape Astoria’s red lips. He just thought of something so bad it almost killed him to know what really happened.

 “What about Scorp? Is he alright? Did something happen to him?” Draco asked his tone filled with concern and fear that something bad might have something to his only son.

 “No. Nothing happened to him.” Astoria immediately said which made Draco feel relieved and let out a sigh. He didn’t notice he had been holding his breath all this time.

 “Then what’s wrong?” He asked once more.

 Astoria placed her perfectly manicured hands on Draco’s large ones and stared at his grey eyes. She had fallen for those grey eyes but she knew that Draco’s heart was with Hermione all this time. She was an arranged wife and she had accepted it.

 Draco on the other hand looked at his wife. He stared at those blue eyes she had that made him feel better all the time but the image of brown orbs kept blocking those eyes that he was staring at. He learned to love Astoria but it was still different from Hermione’s love.

 “Astoria w-“

 “Scorpius is not my son.” Astoria blurted which made Draco jumped and narrowed his eyes at Astoria who was already sobbing on her hands.

 But suddenly Draco chuckled with amusement. “Very funny Astoria.” Draco said he admit she got him there. “Now tell me what’s really wrong?” Draco said between chuckles.

 “I’m not kidding Draco!” Astoria scolded like a real mother would do but he hit his shoulder.

 “Of course you are Astoria. We both know that Scorpius is both ours.” Draco said but Astoria nodded her head in disagreement.

 Something told Draco that she was serious about it. His smile dropped instantly when he saw Astoria’s red puffy eyes looking at him with an emotionless expression but he knew she was indicating seriousness.

 “He is yours but not mine.”  She said which only made Draco more confused than ever.

 “Wait- what? “ He really couldn’t understand what Astoria was trying to say to him.

 It was impossible that Scorpius was not Astoria’s I mean Draco was there when Scorpius was born. When Astoria fell from the flight of stairs Draco was the one who rushed her to St. Mungos. It was really confusing since Draco was Astoria’s first and how can Scorpius not come from Astoria?

 When he rushed Astoria to the hospital the healers said that she needed to under c-section because if she didn’t then the baby would die. Even though it was a month earlier baby the healers had to take the risk of taking it out before it will die.

 “I don’t understand, I was there when Scropius was bor-“Suddenly Draco cut his sentence short when he realized what the healers told him that time and the condition of the baby.

 “He didn’t make it did he?” Draco asked trying to confirm the theory that formed in his head.

 Draco looked back at Astoria and she gave him a sad yes. He swallowed the lump on his throat and leaned on the chairs wooden support. He couldn’t believe that their baby was dead. But Astoria did say that Scorpius was still Draco’s. There was also one thing he didn’t know. Who was the mother?

 “If he isn’t yours, then who is the biological mother?” Draco asked but turned his attention back at the Altar of the church.

 “You know her Draco. It’s Hermione Granger.” Draco’s eyes widened in shock.

 If Scorpius was Hermione’s then who was the baby that was buried in Hogsmeade?  Hermione did say she had another but he died.

 “Hermione did tell me that Alicia’s twin died.” Draco said and raised an eyebrow.

 “No, He is alive and he is Scorpius. The healer that gave the c-section was the one who exchanged our baby. “She explained.

  Draco’s heart tore into pieces when he knew that their baby was separated from them, especially for Astoria since she is the mother.

 “Who was the healer?” Draco asked. He was clearly mad; he wanted to know the healer that took their baby away.

 “I think it was Erma something, I’m sorry I don’t remember her family name.” Astoria apologized and sobbed louder which made Draco’s heart drop.

 “Why didn’t you tell me he wasn’t yours?” Draco asked his eyes drifting to Astoria’s figure

 “I was about too. But when I asked you how was he, you were so happy and I couldn’t break your happiness. I knew all about you and Hermione’s break up. I couldn’t break the only thing that made you smile in months. I just couldn’t.” Astoria broke down into more tears.

 Astoria thought of Draco’s happiness and everyone else’s. She thought for everyone and not for herself. She was a good woman and Draco loved her for that.  One way or another Draco felt betrayed because Astoria didn’t tell him. But he understood why she didn’t tell him. Still, she should have told him.

 “Mother knows about it Draco. She knows that Scorpius is Hermione’s child.” Astoria spoke once more her voice shaking.

 Draco couldn’t believe it! His own mother had known and hasn’t even bothered to tell him. His mother had kept a great secret from him. Was everything a LIE to him now?

 “How did she know?”  He asked in gritted teeth.

 “I honestly don’t know Draco. She just told me that I should stop saying that Scorpius isn’t a Malfoy because he is.” She explained as her eyes drifted to the huge cross. “Either than that, I really don’t know how she knew.”

 I stared at her blankly. How does his mother know all this? He felt betrayed by his own family, his mother mostly. How could she lie to him like that? It hurts to know that the one you love betrayed you and lied to you. He wanted to cry but he couldn’t, not here, not now. With all of the things happening to him now he didn’t know who was loyal to him or someone who is telling the truth.

 “You still lover Hermione, don’t you?” Astoria said randomly and looked at her husband. Her blue eyes trying to read his gray ones.

 Did he still love her? He didn’t know, he was married to Astoria and he already had a life. He sighed and tried to think about it, but while thinking his mind brought him back to that time in St. Mungo’s when He and Hermione almost kissed. He was confused and still in a state of shock.

 Yes, I do still love her.

 ---

 Hermione slowly closed her car door of her black car and fixed her shoulder bag on her arm. The sun wasn’t still up but she was already there for her daughter. She wanted to be with her daughter all the time if she can. She finally had Alicia back and she wasn’t planning to lose her again. The healers did say the operation was going to be a sure success but she couldn’t help it but to feel doubtful.

 “Good Morning Mrs. McLaggen.” Greeted healer Payne as Hermione entered the building.

 “Ah! Good Morning Healer Payne.” She greeted back with her lips forming a warm smile.

 “A bit early are we Mrs. Mclaggen?” commented Healer Panye and hugged her clipboard on her chest.

 “Just wanted to be here for my daughter. Is she doing well?” Hermione asked her lips faintly smiling now.

 “She is responding well to the medications.” Replied Healer Panye as she flipped pages from her clipboard.

 Hermione smiled widely at this. “Is she ready for the operation later?” She asked. Well, you can’t blame her to have loads of questions, she is a mother.

 “She is ready.” Carmen Panye announced and placed a comforting hand on Hermione’s shoulder. “Alicia is a strong girl Mrs. McLaggen and I’m sure she will fight, she is a young fighter.” Carmen added which made Hermione tear up.

 “T-thank you Healer Payne.” Hermione said between sniffles and pulled out her handkerchief to dab her wet cheeks.

 “Anytime Mrs. McLaggen, but there is someth-“

 “CARMEN!” Healer Panye was cut off by someone shouting her name. She turned around and found her best friend coming towards them. Her friend’s eyes slowly drifting to Hermione.

 “I’m sorry. But I have to go.” Apologized Healer Payne and walked towards her friend.

 Carmen faced her best friend that was once her co-nurse at St. Mungo’s years ago. Not only a nurse but she was Astoria’s and Scorpius’ nurse. Small world I know.  But Ella, her best friend interrupted her she wasn’t able to tell Hermione the secret, the secret about how she and her best friend exchanged Scorpius with a dead baby.

 “Great timing Ella.” Carmen said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

 “Sorry Carmen. Didn’t see you talking with someone until I saw her.” Ella apologized.

 “That wasn’t just someone Ella!” Carmen scolded and closed the door of her office and placed a silencing charm around her office. She couldn’t risk anyone to hear them.

 “Now that you mention it, she looks oddly familiar.” Ella said as she ran her fingers over her long blonde hair.

 “That was Hermione Granger Ella!” Carmen shouted with made Ella gasp.

 “That’s impossible!” Ella threw her arm in the air and looked at her friend with confusion. “Didn’t she like die?” Ella asked her voice almost dropping.

 “She didn’t die. It was a false alarm.” Carmen explained and threw herself on the chair.

 “Woah- so you are telling me that the girl in D907 is her daughter?” Ella couldn’t believe her ears. The past was definitely eating her right now.

 “Obviously.” Carmen said softly and rubbed her aching temples.

 The two healers sat in Carmen’s office in silence as they remembered that time when they separated the twins, they didn’t have a choice that time it was either exchange the baby or they both die along with the late Healer Erma Darsol. Both shivered at the memory and tried to block it but they knew they couldn’t.

 They both became full time healers because they thought they could clean their conscience by helping the people around them. When Carmen heard that an Alicia Granger was rushed to the hospital she immediately wanted to help her. But before that she had fully dedicated her life to be a responsible healer. That was how they thought they could forgive themselves.

 “How is Scorpius?” Carmen asked, breaking the silence between them.

 “His fine for now. I just came back from Hogwarts for his monthly check up.” Ella said and pulled out papers from her bag. She checked it and gave it to Carmen.

 “What are these?” Carmen asked and took the papers. Her eyes drifting to the paper with her eye brows rising.

 “Those are Scopius’ test results.” Ella started a sigh escaping her pink lips. “Since Alicia is his twin he has a high risk of getting the same sickness as Alicia.” Ella explained. Carmen almost fell off her chair.

 “You’re not serious?” Carmen’s eyes were already widening. “I mean-Did you do some extra tests?”

 “I did.” Ella replied and looked at her lap.

 “And?” Carmen trailed off waiting for Ella to finish her story.

 “And he is having symptoms as we speak but he doesn’t know it.” Carmen’s face was already pale and her blue eye almost popping out.

 Carmen was at shock. She was speechless and she couldn’t move. If the sickness got worse, then the secret would be revealed. They had been finding a chance to tell Astoria that Scorpius wasn’t hers but they couldn’t do it, they would be ruining a family but what choice did they have. This was already a chance; it was a time for them to tell the truth.

 “What are you planning to do Ella?” Carmen asked her best friend.

 “I don’t know.” Ella said and sunk on her chair. “If the sickness would worsen then Astoria and the other Malfoys will find out that Scropius is not hers and-HECK EVERYTHING WOULD GO DOMINO EFFECT!” Ella shouted the last part and threw her hands in the air.

 “We could lose our job after this.” Ella added her voice dropping to a soft but frustrated tone.

 “I know El.” Carmen sighed and walked towards her big office window. “But it is the right thing to do.”

 Ella nodded in agreement. They will be risking everything because of the secret they had. But what choice did they have? Either live a life with a big secret behind your back or a life with nothing to worry about?

 Of course they would choose a life with nothing to worry about. Who would want something behind their backs for the rest of their lives? If they kept running away them the problem would just follow them and grow bigger until it forces you to fix it the hard way. Problems were purely like that you need to solve it and not run away from it. LIFE is like that, it sucks I know but that is life.

 Carmen and Ella are determined to iron the wrinkles in their problems; they were not going to give up until it kills them. This is their chance to fix everything. 

A/N: Guys, I am so sorry for not updating. 4 days I think. But I promised to make every chapter longer. So here is the long chapter :) Anyway back to the chapter. More people actually know about Scorpius and Alicia. OMG! Astoria is coming clean and Draco taking in everything and not to mention Hermione being so clueless that her son is actually alive. Holy sh*t! 

Anyways, thanks for everything guys! 21K already?! Amazing! You guys are freakin' amazing. I wish I could hug each and everyone of you but sadly I can only do virtual hugs so I GIVE YOU GUYS BIG BEAR HUGS! I love you all! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
32.6K 1.2K 28
Book 2: sequel to forbidden Love what happened to Hermione? What's going to happen next? Is Hermione dead? Find out! Enjoy☺️ Goal:...
621 11 23
Draco Malfoy was in way over his head. He had been dragged into a life he never wanted to be a part of. As he manages to find his way out, he'll need...
261K 3.5K 77
Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Her...