The Life of Athena: Tony Star...

By NerdAlertz

Tony and his fiancee are woken up in the middle of the night by the sounds of a baby crying. They find a beau... More

Phase One
Chapter 2: Kidnapped
Chapter 3: Found
Chapter 4: New Project
Chapter 5: Charity Event
Chapter 6: Training Exercise
Chapter 7: Putting The Puzzle Together
Chapter 9: Myths and Facts
Chapter 10: 6 Months Later
Chapter 11:Dreams
Chapter 12: Court
Chapter 13: CEO Say What?
Chapter 14: New Mexico?
Chapter 15: Jane Foster
Chapter 16: You've Been Found
Chapter 17: "Athena is alive"
Chapter 18: Answers
Chapter 19: Lady Sif and The Warriors Three Meet Athena
Chapter 20: Welcome Home
Chapter 21: Agent...?
Chapter 22: Stark Expo
Chapter 23: Lost Memory
Chapter 24: Phase 2
Chapter 25: First Time
Chapter 26: Coffee
Chapter 27: New Home
Chapter 28: A Greek Goddess
Chapter 29: Unknown Presence
Chapter 30: Mission
Chapter 31: He Knows Something
Chapter 32: We Are Waiting For You...
Chapter 33: Not A Goodbye
Chapter 34: This Is It.
BREAK-- Authors Note-- IMPORTANT
Chapter 35: Athena's Return
Chapter 37: A Team In The Making
Chapter 38: Avengers Assemble!
Chapter 39: We Won
Chapter 40: Feelings
Chapter 41: Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Chapter 42: As Time Goes On...
Chapter 43: Rose Hill, TN
Chapter 44: Rescue
Chapter 45: Post Christmas
Chapter 46: A Godly Visit

Chapter 8: Moment of Truth

7.9K 211 126
By NerdAlertz

Chapter 8

Third Person POV

Pepper and Athena walked inside Stark Industries with Agent Coulson and the rest of the agents trying to look for Obadiah.

"Sector 16...Sector 16" Pepper kept saying trying to look for it, " There it is"

Pepper took out her key and presented it so the door could open. She tried it various time and nothing was happening.

"My key's not working, it's not opening the door" she said.

"Let me try mine" Athena said taking out hers, she tried it various times, and got the same results.

Agent Coulson took out a small device and place it on the lock.

"Oh wow! What is that? Is a little device that's gonna pick the lock?" Pepper said.

"The both of you might want to step back a little" Coulson said.

Pepper and Athena moved back and earmuffed their ears expecting a loud explosion.

o.O.o

Back at the Stark mansion, Tony was getting in his suit, while Rhodey watched in pure amazement.

"That's the coolest thing I've ever seen" Rhodey said.

"Not bad huh? Let's do it!" Tony said.

"You need me to do anything else?" Rhodey asked.

"Keep the skies clear" Tony said and he flew out at great speed.

"Damn!" Rhodey said and looked over at another suit, "Next time baby"

o.O.o

When the door to Sector 16 popped open, Agent Coulson led the way followed by Athena, Pepper, and the rest of the agents. They all stoped to look at suit that was right by the entrance.

"Looks like you were right, he was building another suit" Coulson said.

"I thought it'd be bigger" Pepper said.

"Yeah... I thought so too" Athena said.

Athena looked over her shoulder, she could've sworn she heard something. In this situation, she knew she had to follow what her senses were telling her.

"He's here" Athena said, "Move out...."

The agents had guns in their hands ready and were quietly searching the perimeter. Pepper was also walking around to see what else they could find. Athena walked around and came across screens showing samples of the suit, but her senses were leading her to a darker place filled with chains hanging down, she stopped for a moment in front of them and looked straight ahead. Big bright eyes appeared, it was Obadiah in the suit.

No fear appeared across her face, but once Obadiah came charging, she had to make a run for it and warned everyone else.

"We need to get out of here!" Athena yelled and ran to the exit while grabbing Pepper by the hand. The agents stood behind to open fire.

Athena could also feel that her dad was near, he was on his way to Stark Industries. Athena and Pepper walked out of the building frantically, but Pepper noticed something.

"It's quiet" she said.

"Too quiet" Athena said.

"Pepper? Nina? Anyone?"

"Dad!!" Athena said, both Pepper and her had bluetooth's.

"Are you ok?" Tony said.

"Yeah I'm fine, just really pissed off" Athena said.

Tony chuckled, "You're such a stark! but Pepper--"

"Obadiah has gone insane" Pepper said.

"I know--Listen to me the both of you, get out of there--"

"He built a suit--"

"Get out of there right now!" Tony said.

From behind Pepper and Athena, Obadiah broke through the ground. This didn't seem to help Athena with the anger that she was feeling. She still couldn't come to the conclusion why Obie would do this to her family, meaning only her dad. She felt a rush of a wave go through her body, she eyed Obadiah down, still not afraid.

"Where do you think you two are going?" Obadiah said.

Athena stepped in front of Pepper as Obie pointed a machine gun at them.

"None of your services are no longer requiered" Obadiah said and got ready to shoot them. Athena's reflexes seemed to be thinking for themselves tonight, because once Obadiah opened fired, her hand went automatically in front of her. Pepper screamed, she knew this was the end, but when she didnt feel any type of bullets go through, she opened her eyes.

A mystical gray like shield was around them, it was almost clear, very distinct. Pepper gave out and astonished sigh, it was Athena who was producing the shield, with her hands.

"What the--" Obadiah said. From inside the suit, he could see the shield surrounding both Pepper and Athena. He thought it must be Tony's technology, but he saw the way Athena closed her eyes and how magically her hands produced a shield around them.

"STANE!"

Obadiah stopped shooting or wasting bullets to look up into the sky and see a man like figure coming his way, who took him out.

Athena shocked, looked over her palms, "Did I just do that..."

"You--you did! Oh my God Athena! You saved us!" Pepper gave her a warm hug and let out a few tears.

"How did--did I-- what!"

Athena was shocked, this was new. She has never produced a shield with her hands, only the elements.

"You just discovered a new ability" Pepper said.

"Yeah--I guess so..."

In the distance both could hear the fight between Tony and Obadiah, and it was out in public!

"What are we going to do!" Pepper said realizing everything again and got worried.

"Don't worry, that suit is nothing compared to dad's, I don't even think it can fly" Athena said.

Apparently, she spoke too soon.

From their left, Athena and Pepper saw Tony fly out into the sky followed by Obadiah.

"I thought you said it couldn't fly!!" Pepper said.

"Uh.. he--he must of upgraded the suit somehow" Athena said and cursed under her breath.

"They are so high up there" Pepper said, then it came to Athena, there was no way Obadiah's suit could make it up that high, the suit would freeze.

"Don't worry Pepper, Obadiah's not going no where" she smiled.

And from the looks of it, she was right. Obadia's suit was free falling back to the surface.

"Potts!"

"Tony! Oh my God are you ok?"

He hand landed on the roof.

"I'm almost out of power, I need to get out of this thing, I'll be right there with the both of you" Tony said.

"Nice try!"

"How the hell did he survive that!" Athena said, Obadiah was back.

They could hear the fight continuing on the roof and flares go up in the air.

"Nina"

"Dad?" Athena said, he had whispered, meaning he was hiding from Obie.

"This isn't working, we're going to have to overload the reactor and blast the roof" Tony said.

"Well how are you going to do that?" Athena said.

"You're going to do it with Pepper, go to the central console, open up all of the circuits. When I get a clear on the roof, I'll let you know. You're going to hit the master bypass button, it's going to fry everythingup here" Tony said.

Pepper nodded and aknowledged everything Tony said and went back inside with Athena to do everything Tony had told them to do.

"Remember, wait till I clear the roof, I'll buy you some time" Tony said.

From inside, they could hear more comotion going off on the roof. Finally done with their instructions Athena had to warn Tony, "Dad it's ready, get off the roof!" but Tony didn't answer her, he was still fighting with Obadiah.

"Athena! Hit the button!"

"You told me not to!" Athena said and looked up to see Tony hanging down from the roof, "Dad!!"

"Just do it!"

Athena could hear the missles that Obie was trying to fire at her dad, "Dad you'll die!"

"Push it!" Tony yelled.

Athena looked one more time to the glass roof and finally pushed the button.

"Let's go Nina!" Pepper said hurying out of the place. Once they made it outside, a huge explosion blew up Stark Industries.

"DAD!!"

It was silent.

o.O.o

Days after the incident at Stark Industries, Tony was okay. He did have various bruises around his body and a few cuts, but it was nothing he couldnt handle. Today there was a press conference that he needed to attend to speak about the incident that happened in the company, but before he got ready to go, he was in Athena's room.

Athena since the day of the incident has been feeling strange. Her abilities were getting stronger and she was becoming scared, sometimes when she tried to stop them, she couldn't control them which frusturated her. It took her a zillion tries, but she learned that if she relaxed and concetrated she could stop producing fire or any other ability if she just focused. Not only were her abilities getting stronger, but her dreams too. She saw herself in what seemed to be the future dressed in a white and gold cat suit fighting people, but most importantly, she saw a man with blonde hair that was with her. Athena couldn't make out his face, but his body type was strong and muscular.

"Dad, I don't know how I did it, but a shield was around me and Pepper and--"

"I know, I saw it, you're descovering more things!"

"And that's supposed to make me feel better? Dad I don't know who I am! How like what the fu--"

"Ehh no bad language in front of your father like that" Tony joked.

Tony's sarcastic jokes or when he was tying to be funny always helped Athena calm down.

"Dad, who am I?" Athena said.

"I don't know Nina... I don't know" he said putting his head down. Tony wished he had an answer for his daughter, she was stressing so much lately to the point her attitude was changing beccasue of her frusturation. All Tony knew was that her 'guardians' had dropped her off on his door step almost 20 years ago, That's all the letter said, there was no names, just Athena's. He really wanted to talk to Agent Coulson privtely since he knew about her abilities, bu that would have to wait until after the press conference.

"Sorry" Athena let out a deep sigh, "Let's just get ready for this damn conference"

Tony stood up and hugged his daughter, "I promise we'll figure it out" he said and kissed her forehead. He walked out the door to let her change.

o.O.o

Pepper was getting Tony ready for the press conference and Athena just sat down to watch. Rhodey was giving a statement at the moment on TV.

"Iron Man?" Athena said looking at the newspaper her dad was holding.

"Catchy right!" Tony said.

"Very" she said.

Agent Coulson came in and gave Tony a few cards which was his statement for the press conference. He had made up a whole different story that Tony was on vacation because of the stress and so was Obie, so what had happened at Stark Industries was just an accident.

"Will people really belive that?" Athena said.

"They should, it makes sense since your father was supposedly stressed with company loosing money" Coulson said, "Well I'll be heading out out, good luck!"

"Wait Agent Coulson" Athena said, "I just wanted to thank you for all of your help"

"That's what we do! You'll be hearing from us"

"From the Strategic Homeland--"

"Just call it S.H.I.E.L.D" he said.

"Nice! That's easier" Athena said and Coulson nodded and left.

"Even I dont think I'm Iron Man"

Athena turned around and saw her dad putting on his suit jacket.

"You're not Iron Man" Pepper said.

"Am so!"

"No you're not"

"Suit yourself" Tony said.

"Come on Dad let's go" Athena said.

"Lets do this!" he said and grabbed his cards.

The press conference was a floor down so they took the elevator. Rhodey saw them and presented them, "And now, Mr. Stark has prepared a statement, he will not be taking any questions"

Tony walked up to the podium and took his spot while Athena stood aside behind him.

"Been a while since I was in fron of you so I figured I'll stick to the cards this time" he said, "There's been speculations that I was involved in the events that occured on the freeway and the rooftop--"

"I'm sorry Mr. Stark"

Athena rolled her eyes, it was the one and only Christine Everhart interrupting like always.

"--Do you expect us to believe that was a body guard in a suit conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you--"

"I know that it's confusing" Tony interrupted her, "It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely different to make wild accusations or insinuate that I'm a superhero"

"I never said you were a super hero" Christine shot back.

"Didn't? Well, good, because that would be outlandish and fantastic, I'm just not the hero type, clearly, with this laundry list of--"

Athena looked at Rhodey and she shook her head slightly, her dad was ranting now. What happened to 'stick to the cards?'

Rhodey got up next to Tony, "Just stick to the cards man" he whisperred.

"Yeah yeah ok..." Tony said, "The truth is...... I am Iron Man"

Everyone instantly rose from their feet and started shouting all types of questions.

Athena smiled and shook her head, that was her dad after all.

o.O.o

"Jarvis" Tony said entering the house with Athena. It was late, past midnight.

"Welcome home Sir and Miss Stark" Jarvis replied.

"Dad I can't believe you did that!" Athena said taking off her heels then she noticed they weren't alone.

"'I am Iron Man' you think you're the only superhero in the world" the man said finally turning around, "Mr. Stark, you and your daughter have just become part of a bigger universe, but just don't know it yet"

"Who the hell are you?!" Tony said.

"Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I'm here to talk to both of you about the Avengers Initiative"

"Ah huh..? We'll talk to my daughter about it, I'm too tired after today, night Nina" Tony said and kissed Athena's forehead and left her alone with what she thought was a creepy guy.

"Avengers Initiative?" Athena questioned.

"A group of remarkable people" Nick said.

"Sorry, but my dad should be the one talking about this since he's 'Iron Man' or whatever, I'm just his daughter" Athena said starting to walk away.

"Your more then that, and you know it" Nick said, "Your abilities speak for themselves"

Athena stopped abruptly and turned around to face the man again, "Excuse me! How do you know that?"

"I know a lot more then what you know" Nick said.

"What do you mean?"

"I know who you are, I know who dropped you off on that door step almost 20 years ago" he said.

This peaked Athena's attention, all her life all she wanted was to know who she was and who were her parents in reality.

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because your senses right now are telling you to, but you don't trust me, trust your senses, they will never fail you" Nick said.

"Who am really then.." Athena said cautiously.

"Who do you think you are?" Nick said

"I--I don't know... I always thought I could be some kind of mutant..."

Nick smiled, "No you're much greater then that... Your name says it all"

Athena took a while to process what he was saying. Her name-- Athena..?

"Athena? You mean the Greek goddess?" Athena said.

"That is you, welcome to Earth, Goddess of Wisdom and War" Nick said.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys! BOOM! Oh yeah!

So there you have it the end of Iron Man!! Athena is the actual Greek Goddess! I know one person guessed it, but I couldn't tell you at the time, I wanted it to be a surprise! I was doing some research and I did find that in the Marvel Universe the Greek Gods are super heroes and that Athena is one of them who has a relationship with Thor, like friends. So that being said this next part of the story will include parts of Iron Man 2 and Thor together! I'm gonna make Athena's powers different from what Marvel has but include some parts of her character too!

Comment and Vote! 👍

Thanks for the support ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 202 31
-IN EDITING- Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Tony Stark's daughter has fallen for the young and mysterious Peter Parker. Can they keep thei...
6.1K 264 35
Everyone says that there is no destination on this road of your life. Well I am here to tell you that those people are idiots. There is a destination...
1.6M 57.7K 35
Every family has demons, but none of them seem to scream as loudly as they do in the Stark family. Tony Stark is known for many things; a father...
8K 333 36
❝Who am I?❞ ────────────────── ❝You're my daughter.❞ ────────────────── ❝Then how come your never there for me?❞ ────────────────── ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· ...