(ON HOLD) Being a Shinobi

By KuroiOozora

[KHR x NARUTO] (SLOW UPDATE) Tsuna wasn't sure if life loved her that much or hate her that much to make her... More

1 - The Fall of The Sky
2 - Rebirth
3 - First Meeting Between Cousins
4 - Uchiha Obito
5 - Team Seven
6 - Hyuuga Kou
7 - Early Awakening
8 - Visitation
9 - Resolve, and The Fallen Genius
11 - Just Like Her Brother
12 - Team Nine
13 - Three More To Go
14 - First Ones Are Mostly Cursed
15 - Encounter
16 - Assistance
17 - Meet Again
18 - Bonds
19 - Identities
20 - Curiosity
21 - Back to the Village
22 - Interlude

10 - The Academy

6.6K 205 70
By KuroiOozora

10 - The Academy

WARNINGS!
= OOCs
= Wrong Grammars and Spellings

DISCLAIMER!
~ I DO NOT OWN KHR and NARUTO ~
.......................................................................

"Talking"
'Thoughts'
Flashback / Previously
.......................................................................

Tsuna smiled at all the love and supports she received. All those encouragements to believe in herself. 'Yes... I can do this'

As she becoming more and more transparent, Tsuna blinked when she suddenly remembered there was someone missing in the crowd.

"Where's Natsu?"

.

Orochimaru gritted his teeth when he blocked a kunai to his face by letting it stabbed his palm. His face no longer held amusement as he stared at a certain blond, who teleported in via the kunai thrown by Hound before he slowly smirked.

"Well, well, well... If it isn't Yondaime-sama" Orochimaru greeted the young Hokage.

"Orochimaru" Minato narrowed his eyes towards the Sannin.
.......................................................................

Q&A

Nephlim-Diafire5 (Wattpad)
Good as always but Sakuya/Tsuna will have her sky flame?

❀ Nope. (Those Elemental)Flames will not exist here
.......................................................................

= 3rd Person's POV =

"Never would I expect to see you inside the village again, Orochimaru" Minato said, eyes still narrowed towards the Snake Sannin.

"Kukuku... I have my reasons for coming back to this beloved village" Orochimaru replied with a smile.

Hound, who was standing beside the Kage, and Itachi, who stood by his sister, went stiff as they gulped at the killing intent built by the two high-rank Shinobis. Sakuya, on the other hand, was just watching them with neutral expression because she had once been exposed to the killing intent of her once opponents' in her previous life, though she did feel slightly uncomfortable. 'Please don't tell me that they are going to clash weapons here?' Sakuya thought with a slight frown.

Before Orochimaru could do anything, the barrier he put up was suddenly being deactivated, which ANBUs and Uchihas immediately stepped inside. The Sannin blinked at the sudden deactivated barrier, then narrowed his eyes. 'How did they-?' He thought when he caught the sight of a familiar redhead. 'I see. Kushina. How could I forget about Konoha's remaining Uzumaki'

Orochimaru chuckled. "Kukuku... Too bad, it seems like today won't be the day I would get your beautiful eyes" He smiled, licking his lips, effectively making Sakuya shuddered when the Sannin looked at her and her brother when he said that.

"You are not getting anywhere near my sister!" Itachi growled, which the Uchihas immediately knew who the Sannin was after and they glared at the Snake. "You are not getting near anywhere the two of them, Orochimaru! Or I'll kill you on the spot" One of the Uchiha growled at him.

"Kukuku... I will get them, one day" He chuckled, ignoring the threat, as immediately jumped backwards, smashing the window for escape.

"Get him!" Minato ordered. ANBUs and most of the Uchihas immediately went to pursue the escaping Sannin. The Kage then turned around, checking over the two young Uchihas protected by Kushina and two other Uchihas for any injuries.

"Are you two okay?" Minato asked softly. Itachi nodded, before turning to his sister. She wasn't even an Academy student yet and she was suddenly exposed to these kinds of things. That really worried him.

"Are you okay, Sakuya?" Itachi asked, and Sakuya nodded slowly, before staring questioningly at him, which for some reason, understood her silent question. "You have been asleep for nine days. Do you need anything?" He asked again, and Sakuya opened her mouth but no words came out, making the five people surrounding her looked at her in worry.

Frowning, Sakuya tried again. Still no words, when she suddenly coughed. 'For the love of clam. I have been unconscious for more than a week? No wonder my throat feels so dry' She rubbed her throat before she felt a glass and water splashed her upper lip.

Her hands immediately snatched the glass from the one who offered. She knew that was rude, but after the little splash, she desperately needed the water. She would apologize to whoever that person was later.

Gulping down as fast as she could, faintly hearing her brother told her to drink slowly, she sighed as she put down the empty glass.

"Kyoufu *, Kyoubo **, Nozomi-nee, Takaya-nii" Sakuya greeted, voice still a little hoarse, at the Kage and his fiancee, and the two Uchihas, which they smiled at her.

"Uum... Sorry for snatching the glass" Sakuya said, as she sheepishly smiled, looking at the person who took the glass away, which Nozomi shook her head. "It's fine, Sakuya-chan"

Sakuya smiled a little before looking down, staring at her hands that were once covered in blood. While Tsuna's friends and family accepted her, Sakuya wasn't sure about her current ones, even though many of them had killed.

The thought of her current friends and family hated her really hurt. She didn't even know she was crying until Itachi wiped them away while staring at her with a worried expression. "Nii-chan..." Sakuya's lips trembled. "I'm scared..." She cried again, her hands gripped her brother's shirt.

Itachi felt like he too wanted to cry. His strong and bright sister to become like this really broke his heart as he hugged his crying sister. "It's okay, Sakuya. It's okay... I am here... We are here..." He tried to calm her down.

Minato and Kushina looked at each other at the girl's breakdown, before both frowned. How did those Iwa Shinobis enter the village though, especially into Uchiha forest? They were sure the barrier around the village was in a good condition as they just checked and reinforced it around a month ago. It seemed like they needed to check it once again or maybe Orochimaru had something to do with it?

Both Uchihas were also frowning.

"...Kyoufu..." Four adults turned their attention back to the girl's soft call, though the girl's face still pressed against her brother's shirt.

"Yes, Sakuya?" Minato replied softly.

"...The Snake-man just now..." She started, the five Shinobis immediately narrowed their eyes. She paused on whatever she wanted to say but the five of them waited patiently.

"...Kyoufu, did... Did everyone know that I... awakened my Sharingan?" She slowly asked, and Minato blinked at the question. "...No, it was only me, your brother, your parents, the remaining of Team Rō, Crow from Team Ta, and Owl and Deer from Team Ha do. Now, Kushina, and these two of your cousins too. Is something wrong?"

"...The Snake-man just now said he heard from someone that I awakened it" Sakuya murmured, before slowly raising her head, hands still fisted on her brother's shirt. The five Shinobis widened their eyes.

Minato frowned. 'There was a spy in our midst' He thought, before turning back to Sakuya and Itachi. If Kakashi didn't find a chance to throw his customized kunai, he would have lost his remaining student and godchildren. 'He won't get near them again if I can help it' He thought.

"I will look into it. In the meantime, I want the two of you to go back to the compound. You will be safer there, especially surrounded by your clansmen" Minato said, turning his head towards Nozomi and Takaya, who nodded at him.

The two Uchihas went and picked their clan heir and his sister up, ignoring said clan heir's soft complain about being able to walk by himself, and shunshined out of the room.

A few seconds later, Minato sighed heavily. So many problems arisen when he took his position as the Yondaime, but he immediately shook that thought away. He shouldn't really complain because if this was tiring, he couldn't imagine how tired the Sandaime was during his reign, especially it was still in the middle of a waring era.

"Minato..." Kushina called worriedly.

"I am okay, Kushina" Minato smiled at her. "Let's go check the barrier tags, shall we?" He said, offering his hand towards her.

Kushina rolled her eyes as she put her hand on top of his. Minato chuckled, walking out of the room to inform the nearby nurse about Sakuya, the two of them then teleported away.

《》《》《》

Five days had passed since the five years old Sakuya's received her early discharge from the hospital. She had been trying her best in re-learning everything after being asleep for many days. But Sakuya being a stubborn child (one of the traits she and Dino shared after their former tutor Reborn rubbed off on, much to his amusement and her Famiglia's displease, especially Iemitsu) she was able to do them all again in three days and tried doing things all by herself on the fourth day.

Her running and shuriken throw were still a little unstable but her Nara medic, Nara Hakuto, and her Yamanaka psychologist, Yamanaka Inoichi, gave their okay to let her started her study on the first day of the Academy, but with a side note, she was to not to force herself in doing the things she was still unbalanced with.

Even though she already received an okay from the two of them, that didn't stop Mikoto to still feel worried about her, she even asked her to stay at home for few more days on the day Sakuya was about to leave to school.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay on your way to the Academy, sweetie?" Mikoto asked worriedly, two bento boxes on her hands.

"I am going to be okay, kaa-chan" Sakuya sweatdropped at her question that she had been repeating for the fifth time, but still replied with a smile. "Besides, I have nii-chan to protect me until I reach to the Academy" She grinned at her brother beside her as she grabbed his hand.

Ten years old Itachi, who was wearing the standard Konoha ninja uniform with a flak jacket over it and Konoha headband tied around his forehead, chuckled at his sister's action. Patting her head, he looked at his worried mother. "Don't worry, kaa-san. I'll make sure Sakuya reach the Academy safely"

'These two... Can't you children understand a mother's worry?' She thought as she sighed. "Fine. Here are your bentos" She smiled softly, as she handed the boxes to the two of her children and kissed their cheeks.

"Thanks, kaa-chan! We are leaving!" Sakuya waved at her mother, before leaving, followed by her brother beside her.

"Take care! Be careful, you two!" Mikoto waved back with a smile on her face.

~ Time Skip ~

Upon seeing the Academy almost near, Sakuya looked around. She could see many new students from both civilian and shinobi families, walking and running around, some were chatting with each other.

Sakuya gulped as she suddenly felt nervous.

She wasn't a great student during her time as Tsuna in school, so she wondered if she was going to be okay here. She didn't realise that she had unconsciously tightened her clutched on her brother's hand.

Itachi turned to his sister when he felt the hold tightened and blinked when he saw her nervous expression. It was rare to see his sister made any other expressions other than the happy ones.

Patting her head, which he immediately earned her attention, Itachi smiled. "Don't worry, Sakuya. I am sure you are going to be fine. And also, Kyou-" Itachi intentionally coughed to cut off his own sentence, "--Hokage-sama already informed your Academy teachers about your condition" He continued.

"...Okay" Sakuya smiled, ignoring his slip-up, looking back to the Academy. It was their agreements to not to call Minato 'Kyoufu' and Kushina 'Kyoubo' in public as it would be bad if enemies used them as hostages, probably not Itachi, but Sakuya instead.

"Nii-chan" Sakuya called, which he replied with an "Hmm?", and turned her head towards the boy again.

"...Do you think I can do it?" She asked.

"Of course I do" Itachi replied without any hesitation. "I believe in you, and it's also a big brother's job to believe in their younger siblings, right?" Itachi smiled, poking her forehead.

Sakuya squeaked at the sudden forehead attack. "Wha-What? What was that for?" Sakuya pouted at her chuckling brother while rubbing her poor forehead.

"New students, please gather in the training ground! Parents and guardians are allowed to go too but please stand at the side" Both Uchihas blinked, turning their attention towards the Academy when they heard teachers announced it one more time after the first announcement.

Both looked at each other once again. "Let's go?" Sakuya asked, which Itachi nodded at her, before the two of them entered the Academy's training ground, immediately earning many people's attention.

"It's the Uchiha prodigy"

Sakuya blinked when they whispered that to each other. What's wrong being an Uchiha?

"Is that his sister?"

Sakuya blinked again. 'They didn't know?'

"She must be great like Itachi-san"

Sakuya's fingers twitched. If her brother felt that, he didn't say anything.

"It's to be expected that she's going to be as great as him"

Sakuya pursed her lips when she heard that. Making a small glance at her brother, anyone other than Uchihas and those who spent a lot of time with Uchihas wouldn't be able to see her brother's frown.

"Kyaaa!! Itachi-saaan~!!"

'Huh?' Sakuya blinked.

"That cutie is his sister?!"

"She's adorable!!"

"She looks like Itachi-san!!"

"Both looked alike! Both looked beautiful!!"

"Call me sister-in-law, dear!!"

Sakuya widened her eyes and her brother froze when the two of them heard female squealing.

Itachi without any second thought, immediately grabbed his sister and jumped away, hiding in the trees nearby. Before those females could tackle down the tree they were hiding in, their godfather, the Hokage, stepped out from the Academy together with four teachers, two on each of his sides.

"What is WRONG with them?!" Sakuya, still in her brother's arms, whispered out angrily, glaring at the females from behind the leaves.

Itachi sighed tiredly. How could he forget the source of his annoyance during his time in the Academy!?

Minato looked at the girls swarming a tree in confusion before he arched his eyebrow in amusement. He could feel his godchildren's chakras in the said tree. 'Ah... Uchiha's charms' Minato chuckled, which earned him a confused stare from the rest of the teachers.

He blinked when he somehow felt the two godchildren's glares towards him and chuckled again. 'Well, maybe I should save them now' He thought before he cleared his throat, immediately taking the distracted people's attention.

Everyone widened their eyes when they saw the Hokage standing there, which made them turned and faced the man. Some even slapped the other and told them that their Kage was there.

Soon, everyone was line up. New students standing in a large group, facing the Kage, while the parents and guardians stood at the side of the group.

Minato looked up at the tree the two Uchihas were hiding in. "Please come down here, Itachi-kun, Sakuya-chan" He called and few seconds after that, an unamused Itachi shunshined down, landing few feet beside him, with his equally unamused sister in his arms.

"Hokage-sama" Both greeted the blond after Itachi put his sister down.

Turning to his sister, "I'll be right over there if you need me, okay?" Itachi said, pointing at the empty spot few feet beside the parents and guardians.

Sakuya nodded, before walking towards the group of children. 'Better get this done sooner' She thought, as she stood beside an Aburame, who was standing beside a familiar Hyuuga. The two were standing quite far from the other children as if those kids were avoiding them.

Ignoring the looks she was receiving from the children when she approached the Aburame and Hyuuga, "Good morning, Kou-kun, Aburame-san." She asked with a smile. If Kou was willing to stay by the Aburame's side then he's fine, so she didn't mind calling Kou like that in front of the Aburame. The other children couldn't hear the familiarity name calling from the distance they made.

Sakuya couldn't fully see the Aburame's face, The only things she could see was his black hair tied in a short pineapple-like ponytail and two long bangs framing each side of his face. He had a black sunglasses that covered his eyes and he was wearing a high zip collar trenchcoat-like grey hoodie.

'It feels like Aburame was trying to compete with Kashi-nii in terms of face covering ...or is it the other way around?' Sakuya thought as she sweatdropped.

"Good morning, Sakuya-chan" Kou greeted back with a smile.

The Aburame didn't faze at the familiarity, even if that came from an Uchiha to a Hyuuga. "Good morning to you too, Uchiha-san" The Aburame replied.

"My name is Uchiha Sakuya, but you can call me Sakuya. May I know your name, Aburame-san?" Sakuya asked again.

"My name is Aburame Rei. You can call me whatever you like, Uc-" He received an Uchiha glare. "...-Sakuya-san"

"...Call you whatever I like?" Sakuya asked slowly as she narrowed her eyes when the Aburame stiffened a little as if expecting insults due to possibly his family's jutsu. She even saw Kou's worried look directed towards the Aburame.

Sakuya smiled towards the stiffened Aburame. "Then I'll call you Rei-kun! Is that okay with you?" She asked, which she sweatdropped when the Aburame stared at her --'Is that in disbelief?! What were the people have been calling him anyway for him to be like this?!' Sakuya inwardly frowned-- before he slowly nodded.

Minato smiled at that. Turning his attention towards the group of five years old, he then started his speech in welcoming them as new students. It was already in a peaceful time, and he already changed the Academy age requirement, which was six, and the students needed to study for six years to graduate, instead of four years.

The group in front of him would be the last batch of five years old because they had already registered and been accepted to the Academy before he managed to change the age requirement but the six years of study to graduate would be applied to them, unless they managed to get an exemption just like Kakashi and Itachi.

"-The teachers here will be there to help you if you needed help in your studies, so please do your best. Good luck to all of you" Minato ended his speech with a smile when the children replied him in their own ways but had the same meaning as a "yes".

"The teachers here will be your homeroom teachers and teachers' assistants. And yes, all of you will be split into two classes" He said after the children calmed down. "Please stand in front of your teachers when they called your names" He continued before turning his attention towards the nearest teacher.

"Please introduce yourself first before reading out the list" Minato said.

Two Chuunins stepped forward. One of them was a young Chuunin with brown hair in a ponytail and a scar that runs across the bridge of his nose. He wore the standard one-fourth rolled up sleeves Konoha shinobi uniform with flak jacket over it and a headband around his forehead.

The other one was a young green-eyed Chuunin with blueish white shoulder-length hair. He also wore the standard Konoha uniform with flak jacket over it and a headband that he wore like a bandanna.

"I am the homeroom teacher of class A. My name is Umino Iruka and this is Numano Mizuki, my assistant. This will be our first time teaching but we'll do our best" The one with the ponytail, Iruka, said with a smile. "Now, Mizuki here will read out the names of the students in our class" He continued as Mizuki took out the list.

"Stand in front of us when I call your name, understand?" Mizuki asked, which he received multiple nods. "Okay. I'll start" He said before reading out the names.

"Sagawa Hei"

"Yamashiro Toshi"

"Ogawa Masio"

"Yamanaka-"

"..."

Sakuya was staring boredly at the slow reading Mizuki was doing. 'Can't he do it faster? I am sure these children won't missed their own names' She thought. The urge to groan out loud was tempting.

Kou clapped his hands together, forming a prayer behind his long sleeves. 'Please! Please let me be in the same class with Sakuya-chan and Rei-kun' He prayed as he bit his lower lip, his eyes were full of panic.

The Aburame beside the two was also staring boredly at Mizuki. He didn't mind who he ended up with but if he wasn't in the same class as the two, he hoped that there would be someone willing to go near him without being disgusted at his insects. ...Okay, maybe he DID want to be in the same class as his two friends. One of them was new but she didn't seem to mind standing beside him, which was more than enough for him.

"...-Ryo"

"Uchiha Sakuya, and last but not least Nara Shizuka" Mizuki ended.

The young Uchiha, Aburame, and Hyuuga looked at each other. It seemed that she would be in a different class from the two boys. Sakuya sweatdropped when she saw the disappointed expressions, not really visible for the Aburame but she could see it -- 'Credit to Reborn for teaching me how to read someone like they are an open book' She thought as she inwardly sweatdropped --.

Smiling slightly, "Don't worry, I am sure we can see each other during the break. Bye, you two" Sakuya whispered softly, before she walked towards the group in front of Iruka and Mizuki, after waving at her two friends, and brother.
.......................................................................

Aburame Rei's appearance (hairstyle) is based on the Nezumi from No.6

.......................................................................

* Kyoufu = Godfather
** Kyoubo = Godmother
.......................................................................

Jutsu list
(including from previous chapters)
(Sorted by Ranks and Alphabetically)
(土 - 風 - 火 - 雷 - 水 - Non-Elemental)

(土) Earth (土)

Doton - Arijigoku no Jutsu (Earth Style - Inescapable Hell / Antlion Technique)
Rank: C
Description: After forming the needed hand-seals, the user will create a conical crater below his opponent. This twisting, sinking pit will pull the target below ground like an antlion to imprison and suffocate them. The range of the pit is determined by how much chakra is put into the technique.

Doton - Retsudo Tenshou (Earth Style - Tearing Earth Turning Palm)
Rank: C
Description: This technique causes the ground surrounding the enemy to spiral inwards on itself, burying them alive or crushing them. This technique is capable of causing quite a bit of damage to the area. This technique is much more damaging if used in rocky mountainous areas, or inside a cave.

(火) Fire (火)

Katon - Hinoko (Fire Style - Ember)
(( Made-up technique ))
Rank: D
Description: This technique creates a short-range continuous flamethrower that is then expelled from the mouth. The width of the flamethrower is determined by how much chakra is put into the technique. The flame is usually used for fire camp, and also served as a distraction.

Katon - Goukakyuu no Jutsu (Fire Style - Great Fireball Technique)
Rank: C
Description: A technique where chakra kneaded inside the body is converted into fire and expelled from the mouth either as a massive orb of roaring flame or as a continuous flamethrower. The scope of the attack is altered by controlling the volume of chakra that is mustered. The released flames will engulf their target, and leave a crater in the ground's surface.

Katon - Housenka no Jutsu (Fire Style - Phoenix Sage Fire Technique)
Rank: C
Description: This technique creates a volley of small fireballs, which are sent flying in an unpredictable manner assaulting the enemy. In addition, the flames are controlled individually with chakra, so avoiding them all is extremely difficult. Shuriken can also be concealed within the flames, creating an unexpected secondary surprise attack. Like the flames, the shuriken can be controlled with chakra. For the most part, however, this technique is used as a distraction.

( ) Non-Elemental ( )

Sen'ei Jashu (Hidden Shadow Snake Hands)
Rank: C
Description: This technique allows the user to summon snakes, usually from under the sleeve, but from other parts of their body as well, as seen when (Canon)Orochimaru summoned a snake from his mouth. The snakes allow the user to attack from a fair distance and can be used to restrict the target or bite them with their venomous fangs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
61.8K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...