Toxic Valentine (Kellic) - bo...

By collidewiththemadnss

Recently after Vic had gotten out of an abusive relationship, he meets Kellin, a college student majoring in... More

Authors note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Coffee Shop Soundtrack
Chapter 2: Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal
Chapter 3: A Love Like War
Chapter 4: The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver
Chapter 5: Canals
Chapter 6: Too Much
Chapter 7: Your Bed
Chapter 8: My Only One
Chapter 9: Take Cover
Chapter 10: Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)
Chapter 11: Time-bomb
Chapter 12: Runaways
Chapter 13: Nice2KnoU
Chapter 14: Running From Lions
Chapter 15: Return The Favor
Chapter 16: Missing You
Chapter 17: Forget About It
Chapter 18: We All Fall Down
Chapter 19: So Long, And Thanks For All The Booze
Chapter 20: Poison
Chapter 21: Me Without You
Chapter 22: Paint You Wings
Chapter 23: Guts
Chapter 24: Dark Side Of Your Room
Chapter 26: Old Scars / Future Hearts
Chapter 27: How The Story Ends
Epilogue

Chapter 25: Do You Want Me (Dead)?

2.7K 132 142
By collidewiththemadnss

---

Oh, give it up for at least a second
I'm getting sick of your bullshit attitude
And how you walk around like you shine brighter
It's killing me
So what do you say?
Do you want me
Or do you want me dead?

-

Vic's POV

I wake to a loud crashing sound. Kellin jolts up with me, obviously just been woken up from the noise. I look to Kellin, worried then Mike calls my name from the living room. I leap out of bed and rush into the living room where Mike's standing next to a pile of glass. It takes me a moment to process that the glass is the window.

"What happened?" I screech utterly confused.

Kellin appears behind me and takes my hand.

"I was just sitting on the sofa and a brick came through the window." Mike says, pointing to the brick on the floor.

"Get away from the window." I tell him and he moves behind me.

"Stay here." I tell Kellin, kissing his cheek.

I go over to the brick and pick it up.

"Babe, be careful." Kellin whimpers.

There's something written on the brick.

HAND HIM OVER OR ILL COME GET HIM MYSELF

"Fuck." I whisper.

"What is it?" Kellin whimpers.

"Calvin." I sigh. "We can't stay here."

Kellin comes over and looks at the brick.

"I'm so sorry." He croaks out, getting teary.

I put the brick down and wrap my arms around him.

"It's not your fault." I tell him.

"It is. I shouldn't have dragged you into this." He cries. "I'll go stay with my parents for a while, until this all cools down."

"No, you're not going anywhere. You can't just abandon school and your job. We'll find a place to stay. We're in this together." I tell him, kissing his temple.

"Where are we going to go?" he sniffs.

"Why don't you go stay with Mama and Papa." Mike suggests.

I sigh and pull away from Kellin, turning to my brother.

"You know that's not an option." I tell him.

"It is and it's the only one you have." Mike says sternly. "Just call them Vic. They're probably dying to hear from you."

I sigh knowing he's right. But our last interaction was a fight over my sexuality then I left home to go live with Andy.

"Do you really think they're going to let Kellin and I stay there? My boyfriend and I?" I ask disbelievingly.

"If they love you, they will. Just talk to them." Mike urges.

I look to Kellin and brush my hand over his cheek. All I want is for him to be safe. If putting up with my homophobic parents insures his safety then I'll do it.

"Okay, I'll call them." I agree.

"I'll start cleaning this mess up." Mike says.

I thank him quietly then go back into my room, getting my phone. Kellin follows and we both sit down on the bed as I call my parents landline. I'm nervous. If this doesn't work out then I don't know what to do.

"Victor?" Mama says answering the phone.

"Hello Mama." I mumble.

"It's good to hear from you. How are you?" She says, commencing small talk that I'm not in the mood for so I get straight to the point.

"Not so good. My boyfriend and I need a place to stay for a little while until we can sort out a place to live." I tell her and she's silent for a little while.

"We miss you and we love you, Vic. You're more than welcome to stay." She says hesitantly.

"And my boyfriend?" I say through gritted teeth.

She sighs a little.

"Does he have to? Can't he find somewhere else to stay? What about his parents?" Mama says and I roll my eyes. She hasn't changed.

"Never mind. I'll find somewhere else." I sigh.

I go to hang up but she stops me.

"No, wait. He can stay. You can both stay." She says and I can hear the pain in her voice as she gives in.

I'm honestly shocked. I never thought she would agree.

"Really?" I ask to confirm.

"As long as he's not like that other boy you were dating. The one that hurt you." She says.

"He's not, Mama." I assure her.

"Okay. As long as you're here then I'm sure we can ignore this." She says.

"Oh no no no. If you want me to come, you're going to treat my boyfriend with respect. You're not going to ignore this or anyone. He is a person just like you and you will treat him as such." I tell her sternly.

There's a little silence and she groans.

"You're asking a lot of me, Victor." She says.

"If you're not going to be a decent human being then we're not coming." I tell her.

"I'll behave." She says.

"Good. We'll pack our things and be around." I tell her.

"Bye Vic."

"Bye Mama." I conclude then hang up.

"Is she really that bad?" Kellin asks, taking my hand.

"They both are." I sigh. "Don't worry. I won't let them treat either of us like we're garbage. If they get too much then we'll leave and make other arrangements."

Kellin nods, giving me a sad smile.

"I still feel so bad about this entire thing." He admits.

"Don't." I murmur, kissing his temple. "The only important thing to me is your safety."

"Thank you." he whispers.

"No need to thank me. You mean a lot to me." I tell him.

But he just thanks me again.

-

"Vic, come in! Come in!" Mama exclaims opening the door.

It's weird seeing her. It's weird being back in this house. It's been nearly two years.

I pull Kellin and my suitcase inside and close the door. Papa appears smiling but doesn't even look at Kellin, neither did my mom.

"It's good to see you, Son." Papa says reaching forward and shaking my hand.

I shake his hand and just nod. I can practically feel how tense Kellin is so I decide to introduce him.

"This is Kellin, my boyfriend." I tell them.

They smile and nod but it's easy to see how forced it is and how uncomfortable they are. I can tell Kellin's uncomfortable too so I decide to get us all out of this situation.

"Um, we'll go unpack." I tell them.

"Yes, go do that. I set up the spare bedroom for Kellin." Mama says and I smirk.

"Thanks but no thanks. He's sleeping with me." I beam.

I wrap my arm around Kellin's waist and lead him upstairs. We go down to my old room and I feel unbelievably nostalgic. I grew up in this house and leaving was hard but I couldn't stay where I wasn't wanted.

"Sorry about that." I apologize to Kellin as I shut my bedroom door.

"It's okay. At least they're trying to fake it." He smiles.

"Are your parents okay with your sexuality?" I ask him curiously, taking a seat on my single bed and patting the spot next to me.

He does just that and takes my hand.

"My biological dad wasn't but I didn't see him that often anyway so I didn't really lose much when we stopped talking completely. And my mom and step-dad just always wanted me to be happy so they were instantly accepting." He explains.

"Man, that sounds good." I breathe. "I love my parents. I can't help it. But I just wish they were different, you know?"

Kellin smiles and kisses my cheek.

"They might come around. They just need to get used to it. Maybe they'll never completely accept it but they'll learn to deal with it respectfully." Kellin says.

"Yeah, I hope so." I smile.

I take Kellin's face in my hands and gently kiss him.

"Maybe you should sleep in the spare room." I chuckle after I pull away and he frowns.

"Why?" He asks.

"I forgot my bed was so small." I tell him.

"No, it's fine. It's cozy and it just means I can be even more pressed up against you." He grins.

"I was hoping you'd say that." I beam.

I lay down and Kellin climbs on top of me. I hold his hips gently. He leans down and kiss me softly, smiling admiringly at me as he pulls away.

"Thank you for doing all this for me. I know how hard this all must be and I definitely don't deserve it." Kellin whispers.

I snort and shake my head.

"Don't be ridiculous. You definitely deserve it." I smile.

"You've done so much for me. I've done nothing for you." He whines quietly seeming a little guilty.

"You've done loads of things for me." I murmur, rubbing his hips gently.

"Like what?" Kellin asks disbelievingly.

"You cleaned my house that one time. And you let me hang your painting up. And you kiss and cuddle me. Plus you somehow fell in love with me. What more would I want?" I explain, grinning as he blushes.

"I just feel like I should be doing more." He whispers.

I rub his hips gently and shake my head.

"Darling, you're not required to do anything. That's not what a relationship is about. It's important that we're just here for each other when we need it. That's all I ask of you." I explain and he smiles.

"This whole relationship is so different than what I'm used to." He murmurs.

"I know." I smile sadly. "You'll relearn what it's like. You just need to let go of control."

He leans down and kisses me again, making me smile widely. He gives me fucking butterflies, it's crazy. I feel thirteen.

He eventually pulls his lips away from mine and falls down beside me. I hold him close to me and kiss his cheek.

"Can we talk about it?" he whispers and I sigh.

"Kell, it's not really important." I tell him.

"It is to me. Come on, I opened up to you. Please just do the same. It's been weeks. You can't just brush it off forever." He whines softly.

I lay on my side so I'm facing him and run my hand along his cheek.

"If I talk about it this one time, can we never mention it again?" I ask and he nods. "What do you need to know?"

"Was Andy sober when you called?" he asks.

"He was a little drunk, but not enough to be an asshole." I explain.

"If he wasn't an asshole then why didn't you go back to him?" He asks and I let out a shaky breath.

"Because I loved you. I didn't want him. I wanted you." I whisper, getting teary.

He kisses me softly and rubs my upper arm comfortingly.

"I'm sorry that I broke our promise and went back to Calvin." Kellin whispers as he continues to rub my bicep.

"It's okay. I'm just thankful you're here now." I sniff.

He kisses me again and smiles sadly.

"Your arms are so sexy." He whispers making me snort and we both start laughing.

Suddenly the door opens and Mama stands there looking mildly uncomfortable.

"I thought we could catch up over lunch. I made nachos." She says.

My stomach growls at the thought. It's been years since I've had her cooking.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. We'll be down in a sec."

She nods then closes the door. I look back at Kellin who's smiling nervously.

"If you're uncomfortable, I could bring you up some food." I offer.

"No no, if we're going to be staying here, I might as well get used to them being weird around me." he shrugs and I begin to feel guilty. He shouldn't have to put up with it but my parents can't change.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"It's fine. I'd rather be here dealing with awkwardness than be anywhere else dealing with Calvin." He smiles.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point. It won't be permanent. I'll start looking for a new place tomorrow." I explain and he nods.

I get out of bed and help Kellin to his feet, then we head downstairs to the dining room where my parents are already sitting at the table, eating. Kellin and I sit next to each other, sitting across from Mama and Papa. The silence between us is a little tense and I can tell Kellin already regrets coming down here.

"So Vic, are you thinking about going back to work any time soon?" Papa asks, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready to get back on my feet. I don't think I'll go back to bartending though, I think I'll find a more permanent job. Use my degree for something." I shrug.

"That's good." Papa says quietly.

It's awkwardly silent for a few more minutes and Kellin is looking down at his hands. I look to my mother who's looking back at me and gesture to Kellin while giving her a hard stare, silently urging her to make conversation with him so he isn't so uncomfortable. She looks pained and swallows dryly.

"What do you do for work, Kellin?" She asks. Kellin looks up at her blushing, seeming nervous.

"I'm still in school but I work at Coffee House part time." He smiles shyly.

"Oh, what are you studying in school?" She asks.

"Fine arts is my major." Kellin explains seeming a little more relaxed. He gets like that whenever he talks about art. Half the time I don't even know what he's saying but I love how passionate he gets about it. His eyes light up in a way I've never seen before.

"Oh, so do you sketch, paint or sculp?" Mama asks seeming interested.

"A bit of everything but painting is my passion." Kellin says.

Mama's eyes light up at his words.

"My mother liked painting. When she passed I got all her works. They're truly magnificent. I could show you them later if you'd like." Mama offers.

"It'd be an honor." Kellin beams.

I sigh quietly, feeling relieved that they're getting along.

"Victor, have you gone to the police about your last boyfriend yet?" Papa asks me and I cringe at the mention of Andy.

"It's not necessary, Papa. I just want to leave that part of my life behind me." I tell him.

"Mijo, we have a rock-solid case here. He's most likely going to jail. The least you could do is get a restraining order." He tells me, his inner lawyer coming out. "The hospital can only keep the evidence for a short amount of time. You can't wait any longer."

"Papa, I don't want to take legal action." I say sternly.

"I don't understand why you're defending him. He needs to pay for what he's done." Papa exclaims.

"I don't understand why you're pretending to give a shit about me. You don't love me nor care about me. If you did then you would accept me for who I am!" I exclaim, just suddenly losing it.

I notice Kellin flinch and I feel sick to my stomach for scaring him.

"Why don't you and I go check out those paintings?" Mama offers to Kellin and he nods, following her out of the room.

Papa sighs seeming saddened. I get up and go to leave but he stops me.

"Victor, wait. Sit down." he sighs.

I grit my teeth but do what my father tells me to.

"I love you so much, you're my son. I do accept you, Vic. I do. Maybe not exactly the way you want me to but I accept you as much as I can. You might not see that your mother and I have changed but we have." He says softly.

"That's fucking bullshit." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"It's not. Losing you was harder than we thought it was going to be. We've reflected a lot over these past few months, and even more so in the few hours before you got here. We accept you for who you are. Sure it still makes us uncomfortable and we do believe it is unnatural, we accept that it is a part of you and it's a part of you that we will learn to love. And without this part of your identity, you wouldn't be the Vic we love." He explains but I'm still very skeptical.

"It's true." Mama says, coming back to the table, without Kellin.

"If it's so true than why are you so cold towards my boyfriend." I mutter.

"Honey, if we've come off that way it's completely unintentional." Mama says.

"Okay, that's definitely bullshit." I huff.

"It's not! If I seem cold, it's because I'm nervous. He's your boyfriend and I want him to like me. I assume he already hates me because no doubt you've said horrible things about us to him. I want to make a good impression and I don't want to say anything stupid. He means a great deal to you. I don't want to mess anything up." Mama explains and I'm in utter shock.

"You're serious?" I ask to clarify and they both nod. "You really accept me?"

They nod again and we fall into a silence as I'm left speechless. I can't believe they really accept me. It'd be ideal if they were happy about my sexuality but accepting it is all I could ask for.

"So, what do you think of Kellin?" I ask nervously.

I want their approval as much as they want Kellin's, although it wouldn't change anything if they didn't like him. He'll always be an angel in my eyes.

"I think he's wonderful. He seems very passionate and intelligent. I can tell he loves you a lot." Mama answers.

"Really?" I grin.

"Obviously." Papa chuckles.

"Although, you might want to go talk to him. He seems a little on edge." Mama says and I'm immediately worried.

"Where is he?" I ask a little frantic.

"In the basement, looking at paintings." Mama tells me.

I get up quickly and go down to the basement where Kellin is staring at a painting.

"Darling, you alright?" I ask him softly.

He just hums but doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry for yelling." I apologize, approaching him.

"It's okay." he whispers.

I take his hand and he tenses up a bit.

"I'd never hurt you, Kells." I assure him.

He sighs and relaxes a little, finally turning to me.

"I know." He whines. "I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you." I coo. "This is normal."

He smiles sadly and looks down at his hands.

"I cower away every time someone tries to high-five me." I chuckle to lighten the mood.

He drops my hand before sliding his arms around my waist. I kiss his forehead and hug him tightly.

"I'll never get used to your kindness but just know that I'm grateful." He whispers.

I say nothing and just hold him tightly.

"My mom is worried you don't like her." I laugh lightly.

"Really?" Kellin giggles.

"Yeah." I chuckle.

"She seems sweet." Kellin sighs.

"She likes you. They both do." I tell him and he smiles.

"Really? I thought they hated me." he beams.

"They like you. Still not overly accepting of homosexuality but they're working on it." I chuckle. "They also said that you seem to love me a lot."

Kellin bites his lip and smirks as his arms slide around my neck.

"Well, they're not wrong." He murmurs then he leans in and kisses me.

Our kiss is sadly interrupted by Kellin's phone. He sighs and pulls it out of his pocket, whispering under his breath "please be work".

Both our hearts sink when we see that it's Calvin.

"Don't answer it." I tell him but he pulls away from me and puts his phone up to his ear.

"What do you want?" Kellin snaps.

I hear muffled yelling coming from the phone.

"Why would I come home?...Why would I tell you where I am?...I don't love you! I don't need you!...Don't you dare fucking call me again...Am I fucking Vic? You know what, yeah I am. His dick is twice the size of yours...You're going to kill me? You don't even know where I am...Fuck you, Calvin. You threaten my boyfriend or me again and I'll fucking call the police. I still have the evidence from when you raped me so don't fucking test me." Kellin yells then he hangs up the phone.

His phone instantly starts ringing again. He ignores the call and turns it off.

"What did he want?" I frown, wrapping my arms around him.

"Me to come home." He mutters rolling his eyes.

"He must have got tired of the bimbo he was fucking." I mutter.

"I'm honestly surprised he didn't call sooner, and that went better than I thought it would." Kellin sighs.

I smile lovingly at him and run my fingers through his hair. He did handle it quite well.

"So...my dick is twice the size of his?" I say jokingly but can't help but to blush. I don't know why I'm blushing. I know Kellin was just trying to get under his skin. Heck, Kellin hasn't even seen my dick.

Kellin blushes and giggles.

"Well, I don't know but it wouldn't be difficult. It's even probable." He murmurs.

I chuckle and kiss Kellin's forehead.

"Why don't we just go relax for a bit? I'll give you a massage." I suggest and Kellin blushes deeply.

"We both know that massage is going to result in another handjob." Kell rolls his eyes with a smile.

"And? What's so bad about that? You seemed to like it." I grin cheekily.

"Well for starters, we're in your parent's house. Also it makes me feel shitty because I can't return the favor." He whines quietly, running his index finger down my chest.

I smile sadly, blushing my thumb over his cheek.

"I'm just not ready yet, Kells. I will be. But not yet. In the meantime, just let me make you feel good because that makes me feel good too." I explain and he nods seeming to understand but he still looks a little guilty. "And don't worry about my parents; this is a big house, they won't hear a thing."

He sighs a little, still blushing.

"I guess a massage does sound nice." He mumbles, giving in.

"That's the spirit!" I grin.

-

I can't think of anything to say...

But hey, thanks for all the nice comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1.3K 18
Vic claims it's over between him and his ex-boyfriend that he is still in love with, but is it really over? ° Read Change first. (:
70.9K 4.6K 20
Kellin wanted the best for his baby girl. At the age of 19, he was willing to settle down and work to support his little family. His world came crash...
44.3K 1.8K 37
- Sequel to Cuts- Kellin struggles to recover from his trauma and Vic struggles to see his husband in pain, leading to a bad decision that has catast...
283K 12.3K 50
After being taken away from his severely neglectful parents, Kellin Quinn is put into foster care with little knowledge or experience of the world ou...