Lullaby

By StAl2LiGhT

(Based on the Academy series by C.L.Stone. Do not copy as a lot of this is original work from other stories I... More

1• Dance Forever With Me
2• The Guardians
3• Doctoring the Broken
4• Unraveling Our Demons
5• Soul Within a Soul
6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey
7• Monsters are cute
8• Lycorns & Knomepyres
9• Stellar Genetics
10• Traitorous Organs
11• The Damned
13• Lulu Phone Home Part 1
Lullaby OneShot~ What Could Have Been
A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree
Cover Archives
Lullaby Big News
Publishing Announcement

12• Aries

9.2K 361 366
By StAl2LiGhT

(A/n: Sooooo happy you guys enjoyed the last chapter. I was worried about it. Not gonna lie.

Okay the song is Warrior by Beth Crowley. It was found by a reader who said they thought it fit Lullaby perfectly after the chapter ten. I gotta say I agree.
Give a hand for @Tabbizcat17 for finding this gem!)

🦋

Lullaby

I stretch out on my bed and let out a ginormous yawn before snuggling back with Macaron who I held tightly to my chest. I try to go back to sleep, but there were too many noises and my bed was really uncomfortable.

My eyes flicker open as I sit up in bed, only for a chilling panic to come over me as I took in my surroundings. I hug Macaron even tighter and hide my mouth in her hair.

What's going on? Where am I?

I'm in a room with ivory stone walls that come to a point above me at a towering height. There's a tarp over where I'm assuming a window once went. About a hundred black marble 'beds' are placed in a circle around an empty center. Many are filled with various girls resting or being tended to by these people in funny black clothes.

I look down at myself to see I'm in pajamas that meanie obviously picked out. I think he secretly likes me in big clothes. I'm in a turquoise T-shirt that has a unicorn on it sleeping on a banana split. The shirt is too big, falling past my hips and only stays on one shoulder. My sleep pants are bright pink and littered with tiny yellow bananas. On my feet are white fuzzy slippers with bunny ears on them.

I huff at the pants as I stand and immediately pull them down and kick them far away from me before putting my slippers back on.

A beautiful tall woman with raven black hair that curled to her waist and dark amethyst eyes, elegantly walks towards me. She wears the same black garment all the standing people are wearing. It's different from the sleeping people's. Hers has hangs off one shoulder with a golden clasp and hugs under her boobs and then falls to her ankles is simple draping.

The kind eyed woman stands before me," Good Morning Lullaby. I'm Daphne, an Elder here at The Academy."
I like the way her voice sounds. It's magical and pretty. Like boobs.

I tilt my my head to the side as I look up her giantess body," Where's Owie?" Owen will know what to do. He always knows what to do.

She covers her mouth as she laughs lightly like a fairy. Her amethyst orbs dance with amusement as she looks down at me," He's in the dining hall with the rest of your Guardians. I made them all shower and eat. They haven't wanted to leave your bedside since you went into a healing stasis."

I pout," I wanna see them. Now." My eyes tingle as I demand the last word. She smiles broadly at me," Amazing. I've never heard of a Soul being so protective over her Guardians. You're the talk of the Academy."

I go to sass her but images flash through my mind: an ocean of tar swelling up to engulf the Souls, a mad queen cackling as she watching the battle below, a possessive anger that overtook me when Luke was injured. I gasp and clutch at my abdomen where I'd felt the pain.

My eyes shoot back up at her," Luke!"
Her eyes soften. She holds a hand out for me," Come, he's in the Guardian infirmary."
I take her hand and let her lead me towards some unknown place.

Guardians and Souls alike smile and wave at me as our paths cross. One Guardian winks as he sees me," There's the little badass!"

We go through a room she calls The Cathedral. "This is our gathering place. It's where we discuss all matters that have to do with the Oath."
I eye the high ceiling that reach the sky in awe. The ceiling in an array of arches and points, stained glass portraying various stories decorate the ceiling. There are no pews, just a concrete stage and podium.

Daphne smiles down at me," You're a hero now. Because of you, we won the battle and none of our men were lost."
I tilt my head as I remember the all consuming anger that took over my mind. Black blood stained my hands as I ripped a devil's head clean off his shoulders. My tongue snakes out to taste it. It was putrid and vile, but at the same time satisfying.

I lick my upper lip at the memory and say," I'm hungry."

She giggled," I bet you are. You haven't had food in you in quite some time. Your poor Guardians have been worried sick about you. Your Sean was worried you'd lose all progress you'd made."
Food didn't sound appealing to me right now. I wanted something else, I just didn't know what. My lips parted as my tongue tasted the air, searching for something in particular.

She led me through the many hallways off of the Cathedral, a stone maze I would never be able to find myself out of alone. We passed a little table with a blue mosaic bowl full of white flowers. Above rested an oval mirror that I gazed into as I passed.

I stop walking as I take myself in. My reflection hasn't been something I paid much attention to before I met my Guardians, but now I find myself more and more curious about it. My starry eyes stare back at me, surrounded by pale as moon skin. My skin has a glow to it, it didn't have before, and the gauntness of my face has nearly all disappeared. My lilac hair is fuller and healthier - wild.

I blink.

I lean in and tilt my head at the curled black horns that protrude from the top of my skull. I poke them. They feel like bone.

Who am I?

"Whats that?", I ask as I look back towards Daphne. Daphne smiles," Horns I believe. They appeared after you first awoke and haven't gone away yet."
I tilt my head and take her hand again," Huh."

I kinda like them.
They're cute. I like cute.

At the end of a hall, Daphne opens the door and lets me enter before her. I see a room full of injured men in actual beds made with feather mattresses and silk covers. I look back at Daphne with a bit of annoyance," Why do they get beds?"

Daphne grins down at me with amusement," The black marble pedestals the Souls rest on channel their magic to better heal them. Guardians do not have a magic core and therefore do not need it."
I huff and look around for my Luke.

The room quiets as I step into sight. Every man stares at me, most that can, sit up. I hear Luke obliviously joking with someone deeper into the room," I could get used to this. They gave me chocolate with my breakfast."

My heart flutters in my chest. My head jerks towards the sound of his voice. A happy smile lights my face when I see perfect Owen standing at the foot of Luke's bed. Luke is sitting up in bed with a goofy grin, his long hair tossled as it messily fell to his collarbones. White bandages wrapped around his left shoulder and covered his bare chest all the way to the bottom of his rib cage.

I was torn by who to run to first. The strings made up my mind for me as the pull to Owen felt stronger than before. A big grin grew on my face. I hum happily as I squeeze Macaron even tighter and then run across the room, my bunny slippers making the task a little difficult.

Happily I call out," Owie!"
The room fills with loud masculine laughter as Owen turns towards me with an exasperated millimeter smile. He gives me a genuine smile once he sees me running right at him. He bends a little at the waist, arms at the ready to catch me.

My slippers flop noisily as I run towards him, happy pants leaving my lips. I pounce when I'm close enough, Owen's arms catching me midair. I giggle happily as he pulls me close to him and pecks my cheek.
He pulls back and the most content look I've even seen on his face, looks back at me. He tucks my wild hair behind my ear," You're awake."

I nod with a big smile," Yep."
His lips back twitch up in the corners," How are you feeling Miss Lullaby?"
I wrinkle my nose and tilt my head," Hungry?"
At least I think that's what this is.
Luke laughs merrily from below," I bet you are." Luke holds his arms out for me, chocolate eyes pools of melted relief.  I lean in Owen's arms and Luke catches me just in time, swinging me into his lap.

He winces once I'm sitting in his lap. I frown at that. I twist around to graze my fingers over his bandages. I look up into his softly smiling eyes," Ow?"

He chuckles and pets my hair," It doesn't hurt too much anymore."  I nod up at him," Mine."
He grins at me, greatly amused," So I've heard."
I smile up at him happily while he rubs the tops of my ears affectionately and nuzzles his nose to mine.

Footsteps come towards up, the heels of designer shoes click lightly as they tap on the floor. I look up at a smiling man in his forties. His dark hair is peppered with grey, his brown eyes kind and warm.
He holds his hand out for me, as he says," I'm Dr. Roberts. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." I just stare at his hand before glomping into Luke's chest to hide my face. I peak at this Dr. Roberts  with one eye. He's still smiling at me kindly.

"That's quite alright.This all must be so scary for you.", Dr. Roberts said softly. I just stare at him. He chuckles and looks at Owen," It's incredible. I almost can't believe it's the same girl."
Owen stares at me, tiny smile gone," Yes. It's slightly concerning."
Luke snorts," There's nothing to worry about. Lulu threw a tantrum. End of story."

I giggle. Luke holds me to him and chuckles in return," See? Even she knows it."

Dr. Roberts grins at us," I believe that's exactly what happened. Lullaby, can you explain a few things to us? We're trying to fill in the blanks here. The other Souls described a black ocean that was trying to drown them. They said you were all there together."

I nod," If we kept still it stopped trying to eat us."

Luke and Owen tensed at my words. Dr. Roberts crouched down beside Luke's bed, eyes solemn now," Did you see anyone go under?"
I twist my lips as I think," I didn't see her, but she screamed a lot until she didn't anymore."
He nods," I see. The others told me you were the one to collapse that universe. Do you remember that?"

I shrug," Luke was hurt. He's mine. She can't have him." I glare at him, eyes glowing dangerously in warning. Luke shakes with laughter beneath me. Dr. Roberts slowly grins, until he's laughing too," How astounding! I've never in all my years seen a Soul so possessive over her a Guardians."

Luke kisses my hair sweetly," She's our little warrior." I close my eyes and hum happily. Owen lifts me from Luke's lap," I think it's time for you to eat."

My stomach growls like an angry kitten. I nod enthusiastically while  Luke and Dr. Roberts laugh. Owen starts to carry me away. I look at Luke over his shoulder with a pout and reach a hand out to him, making grabby fists. Luke chuckles and waves at me," Don't worry Lulu. I'll see you soon. You go eat, okay?"

I sulk, resting my chin on Owen's shoulder. All the injured Guardians wave at me as I pass by with kind smiles.
"Bye Lullaby."
"Take care honey."
"See you later little one."
I wave at them and murmur," Bye-bye."

I watch as Luke grimaces when he thinks I'm out of sight and falls back to his bed while clutching his abdomen.

Luke.

🦋

Gabriel shoots up from his seat with a huge smile," Lulu! You're up!"
I squirm out of Owen's arms and run towards him. My arms are thrown open, as are his," Meanie!"
He laughs as he catches me and spins me around. I smile happily down at him while he holds me under the butt, high on his chest. Gabriel loses his smile and deadpans his gaze while glowering up at my head," God fucking damn it! I was sure they'd go away when she woke up!"

He stands me on my feet in his seat and studies my head with his fists on his hips. He suddenly grabs my horns and tries yanking them off. I whine and hold my horns," Ow!"
Nathan stands up abruptly from beside me and pops Gabriel across his head," The hell are you doing?"

Gabriel rubs at his head and glared at him," Trying to get those fucking horns to go! Those clash with everything I've bought her."
Victor rolls his eyes and tugs me into his lap from my other side," They don't just come off like that you idiot."

Gabriel plops back down in his seat and crosses his arms," Well, they need to go. I'm gonna have to dress her in goth if they stick around. Can you just imagine?! GOTH! She'll look like fucking North!"

I giggle as Victor holds a banana to my mouth. My eyes close as I open my mouth wide and chomp a big bite from the fruit.
"I think they're just precious.", Sean coos.
My eyes shoot open and my nose wrinkles as I smack the banana in my mouth.
I don't want this.

Gabriel flings is arms out to the side, almost smacking me in the mouth. I glare at his arm as he yells out," Precious? PRECIOUS?! She looks like she's going to bite someone at any second!"
I chomp his arm when it pops me in the nose.

Gabriel screeches like a girl when my tiny fangs accidentally puncture his skin. My eyes pop open as his blood fills my mouth. It tastes so yummy!
My eyes close as a happy smile curls at my lips. I slouch in Victor's lap and hum happily while I suckle his arm.

Nummy.

Sean suddenly busts out laughing. Kota chuckles," I suppose we were worried for nothing."
Gabriel relaxes and says a little exasperated," This girl, I swear."
Victor's chest rumbles behind me while one of his arms tighten around my waist, a hand petting my hair.
Silas sounds very curious as he asks," You don't feel turned on?"
Gabriel is quiet for a moment, before saying," No, actually I don't."
"Perhaps it's because you haven't marked her yet.", Victor says.
Kota seems to agree," That very well could be it. We'll have her feed off of one of the others when we're somewhere private."

A man walks up behind Victor, his husky voice soft," She seems to be healing well. I'm happy."
My eyes pop open. His voice is very familiar. I pull my fangs from Gabriel's arm and turn to look up at the man. His kind black eyes shimmer happily as they look at me. His fire red hair falls to his collarbones is edgy razored layers. A gold trinket is wrapped around a lock in his bangs.

"Hello again, little one. Do you remember me?"
I nod once, eyes narrowed on him. Why was he here?
He reaches out for Gabriel's outreached hand to shake. I let out a snarl that quiets the entire dining hall, eyes glimmering in warning as they glow brightly.
He chuckles good natured, as Kota calls out, completely appalled," Lullaby! What's wrong with you?"

This fire haired man waves it off," It's fine. She's on high alert after everything that's happened. She did something similar when she first woke up. She was worried about you, ya know?"
Victor cradles me in his arms as I glare at the fire haired man in warning, fangs bared. Gabriel stares at me, studying me with worry.
Sean solemnly asks him," What happened when she woke up?"

He smirks," Jumped to her feet and attacked the nearest devil to her. She ripped his freaking heart out and had it for a midnight snack."
My Guardians all looked so shocked at this. Gabriel turns to glare at me. He rolls up a stack of napkins and pops me on the nose with them like a bad puppy," Quit eating shit you have no business eating!"

I huff and try to chomp the napkin he's shaking in my face. The tense mood around the table lifts. My Guardians all smirk at me or chuckle.

Sean holds his hands out for me," Give her here, Vic. I've missed my pumpkin." Both stand as they pass me over the long table. I happily snuggle into Sean's arms and he wraps me in them tightly. My legs straddle his lap bring my face closer to his throat. I tilt my head curiously as Sean says," Have a seat, Felix. I've been so worried about her I forgot to ask you about what all happened that night."

Felix neglects his offer," I'll have to pass this time. Amaryllis need me. Poor thing has been out of sorts since she woke up."
I turn my head sharply to look at this 'Felix', my horns knocking into Sean's chin. Sean grunts and rubs his chin as Felix gives me a smile," You'll have to see her before you go. She's been worried about you."

"Amaryllis.", I say.
He chuckles and nods," That's right."
He's Amaryllis' Guardian.
I turn my head back around to look up at Sean," Reign?"
He gives me a soft smile even though he's still rubbing his chin," She's fine pookie. She's been asking about you every time she sees me."

I blink at his chin when he pulls his hand away. Already a small bruise is forming.
I poke it," Ow?"

Sean flinches away from my finger and smirks down at me as he covers his chin with his hand," Yeah, Ow. No touchy."
Felix laughs," I'll leave you all to catch up."
They wave goodbye at him.

I stand on my knees to kiss Sean's boo boo.
He chuckles, watching me. I smile up at him," All better?"
He grins and kisses me on the nose," Yeah, all better."

Gabriel chokes on his water behind me," What the fuck Lulu?!"
I look at him over my shoulder curiously. He points at my butt. I look down to see me shirt is stuck over my pink panties with black polka dots. A grinning bat is staring back at him.
"Where in God's name are your pants?!"

I wrinkle my nose at him," I don't like pants."

Gabriel glowers at me while Sean laughs so much I start to shake. Nathan, Victor, and Kota grin. Silas throws his head back and holds his stomach as he laughs loudly. Owen shakes his head at me before sitting beside Nathan in one of the stone chairs. North just smirks.

I hear laughter that's not from my boys. When I look I see a lot of Guardians looking at us and chuckling. I stick my tongue out at them and hide in Sean's chest. Sean holds me tightly, still laughing. One of his hands hold my head in place.

I stay in Sean's arms, content at last, while the others all chat around me. The others in the dining hall go back to their own conversations. My Guardians mention the battle and talk about how Luke's fairing. Apparently a devil slashed him open after the fog settled in.

I silently snarl into Sean's neck, hoping it was the Devil I decapitated.

I lull in and out of consciousness, my body still so exhausted. Sean rocks me in his arms while they discuss things. It's when they begin to whisper that my ears tune in.
"What are we going to do about lullaby?", Owen begins.
"What is there to do? She didn't do anything wrong.", Nathan answers him.
Gabriel snorts," She saved our asses."
"I agree. We know she's not like other Souls. It could be instinctual for her kind to protect their own. We know her birth mother had a mate. Maybe for them it goes both ways.", Kota murmurs, always the voice of reason.

"So no one believes she was possessed by the Devil Queen?", Owen inquires. It's silent.
Owen speaks again," Good. I don't believe so either. We need to be prepared however. Once the high from a victory has worn off, there may be some who suggest otherwise. We need to prepare for it."

North only says a few words," We need to see the Seer."
Everyone murmurs agreements.
Victor taps a tune on the table as he says," The more answers we get, the better we can explain her abnormalities. We need to be more diligent on getting them."
Owen finishes the conversation with a clipped," Agreed."

While they're chatting I become mesmerized by Sean's citrusy scent. It's especially strong at the vein in his neck. Unable to control myself, my tongue snakes out and traces the vein to his ear. Sean squeezes me and shivers. Hoarsely, he asks," Lullaby?"

"What's going on over there?", North bites out.
Sean opens his mouth to answer, but can only let out a gasp. My fangs pierce the vein. Glorious blood pours into my mouth. I raise up on my knees, holding his head in place, a delicate mewl leaves my throat.

Sean holds me gently, his large warm hands pressing into my lower back.
Sadly, he says," Oh Lulu, you poor girl."
"What is it?", Owen asks tensely.
Sean rubs my spine tenderly as he softly tells them," She's craving blood. Her injuries were so severe her body's demanding it."

I feel North's string when he places a heavy hand on my head. My scalp tingles and it feels as if a weight lifted from my head.
Gabriel cheers," Thank fuck!"
Kota solemnly says," Thats why they wouldn't go away. She needed sustenance."
Sean curses under his breath," I should've seen this."

Nathan blandly says," You're a Doctor, not god. There's so much about her we don't know yet. You can't blame yourself for not being able to predict."
Sean nods and sighs heavily. He massages my neck with his long fingers," It's okay Lulu. You take as much as you need."

"No.", North says sharply. His hands grab at my waist," Let go baby. You don't want to make him sick do you?"
Reluctantly I pull my fangs from his throat. I pull back and stare into Sean's soft green eyes. He gives me a tender smile and wipes the trail of blood from the corner of my lips with his thumb.

"Still hungry?", he asks me softly.
I nod and point to my throat. He smiles," Yeah, you're thirsty aren't you?"
I nod again.
North goes to pick me up, but Kota stops him," She can't feed off of you North. Not here."
North grunts and picks me up anyways. He placed me in Kota's lap," Then you do it."

Kota gives me a soft smile and tucks my bangs behind my ears. They'd fallen into my eyes again.
"Go ahead lulu. Drink up.", he says as he tilts his neck to the side for me. My eyes glow with want. I don't even hesitate and tuck my face into his neck. My tongue traces the same vein I'd found on Sean, except this tasted differently.

My fangs pierced his flesh. Kota grunts, his hands shoot up to my waist to hold me in place.
Sean sighs heavily," She's starved. No wonder she wasn't waking up."
"Enough Sean.", Owen reprimands him," The blame falls on all of us, particularly those of us bonded to her fully."

I gulp Kota's blood greedily until the desperate desire for blood is been having entirely vanished. I pull my fangs from his throat and completely relax into his arms in a near faint.
"Lullaby!", Kota exclaims as he caught me. My head lolls back, dangling uselessly over his arms.
Macaron falls from my fingers to the ground.

The last thing I hear is Sean murmuring," It's alright Kota. Let her rest."

🦋

I wake up somewhere odd and new. It's a bedroom, with a windowless stone balcony that overlooks the starry night sky. I look around while on my back to see I'm in an ivory stoned bed with four posts, a sheer white canopy completely surrounds me from above. The blankets are heavy and cozy, warm.

I sit up, reluctantly, and rub at my eyes. It's dark in here. The only light coming from the moon and stars. No one's here either.
I crawl over the bed, deciding to leave Macaron tucked in.

I feel much better now. That irritation and anxiousness from before has all but vanished. He thirst is gone too.

I sneak across the floors, barefoot this time, and am very pleased that nothing I walk on creaks. These stone palaces are great from sneaking around in. I carefully open the door and look out with one eye. The halls are just as dark and quiet as my room.

I step out, eyes staring in awe at the hallway I'm resting in. On the side my room is on, is nothing but doors, but on the opposing side are windowless stone arches set atop a half wall. Through the arches I see the three floors below, and the circular courtyard at the front entrance.

I tilt my head as I see numerous silhouettes standing in a crowd below. They speak words I can't hear before splitting up with their torches and walking the perimeter of the building.

Guards.

I ignore the men and look up to the sky. Once again the stars entrance me, all the while causing a longing for them to be within reach. I want them so much it hurts. I feel as if all my questions' answers lie in their constellations.

Who am I?

I lift my hand up and look at the pale fingers. I eye them, just thinking the thought, and it obeys my command. My black nails lengthen and sharpen to points.

What am I?

I know nothing.

"Lulu?"
I turn my head to the right. Gabriel eyes me with worry," You okay?"
I look back at my hand and will my inhuman claws to shrink. The tainted color always remains. Gabriel places a hand on my shoulder and massages my stiff muscles," Whats wrong?"
I look up at him, eyes sad and lost," Who am I?"
He snorts, thinking I'm joking," You're Lullaby silly."

I just stare at him until he loses his smile. Gabriel crouches down beside me, holding my hands in his," No matter what, you'll always be Lullaby. I know things have been a crazy whirlwind for you the past few weeks, but it'll all work out in the end. You're still the same girl I lost my heart to three weeks ago. You're still the same beauty who sings like an angel and dances with birds."

I shake my head and dejectedly murmur," No I'm not." My eyes return to the stars above. Almost wistfully I softly say," I'm not her daughter. I'm Galexi's daughter. I'm not human, I'm something else entirely. I don't have a demon in me, but a monster."
Tears fall from my eyes. I sob out," Nothing's the same."

Gabriel pulls me into his arms and holds me tightly to him. His soft lips pepper sweet kisses everywhere they can reach. He pulls away and holds my face between his hands. He holds my face so closely to his it almost hurts. His eyes have unshed tears within them, the startling blues glimmering with sadness," You're Lullaby. An adorable tiny woman with the most astounding imagination. A cute little Martian from outer space. Her mother's name is Galexi and she's watching over her as we speak from her comet in the stars. She loves with all that she is and when someone hurts those she cares for, she turns into the most extraordinary creature who will destroy any who dare lay a finger of them. She's not a monster. She's anything but."

I sniffle and smile up at him. He smiles back," She used to be alone, but not anymore. Now she has nine big scary men who'll do anything for her. They'll shower her with everything she's been neglected her whole life and they'll do so happily, for the rest of eternity. They'll protect her from the real monsters out there, and all the ones who hide under her bed."

He pets my cheekbones with his thumbs," All they ask is that she just be herself."
I look down," She doesn't know who she is though."
Gabriel stands up and lifts me into his arms," Well why don't we figure that out?"
I tilt my head as he carries me to some unknown destination," How?"

He chuckles while staring ahead of him," We find out what you like. Don't second guess your answers. Just say the first thing that comes to your mind. Favorite color?"
I shrug," I dunno. I like lots of colors."
He snorts," Favorite animal?"
I shrug again," I like lots of those too."
He looks at me blandly," Which ones?"

I hide my mouth behind a single fist as I think this over," I really like bats and kitties."
He smirks," Now we're getting somewhere. Okay, what's your favorite thing to do?"
I bounce in his arms happily because I for sure know this one," Painting!"

He chuckles at me," Painting, huh? Well just so happens, I have a brand spanking new supply of paints and brushes with your name on it when we get home. Sean even said you could paint on any wall you wanted."
My eyes glimmer happily, my previous distress already forgotten," Really?"
His stares at me with a soft content smile," Really, really."

"Hey meanie?"
"Yeah trouble?"
"Where are we going?"
"We're gonna get you in bed with Owen and Sean so you can get some cuddles and go back to sleep."
"But I'm not sleepy?"

He grins at me," That's what the snuggles are for."

🦋

Owen opens the door and raises a brow when he sees Gabriel holding me," Is she alright?"
Gabriel nods," Yeah. I found her roaming around outside. Figured you and Sean could get her back to sleep."

Owen looks at me studiously before nodding," Put her down by Sean."
Gabriel walks into the dark room and placed me on the center of the mattress. Sean turned onto his side, facing me with a big yawn," Everything Okay?"

Gabriel whispers to him," Yeah, she can't sleep."
Sean pulls me into his side while Gabriel kisses my forehead," Night Lulu."
"Night meanie.", I whisper back. I watch him leave, his eyes stare into mine until the door is entirely closed.

Owen slides into the bed on my other side. He stares at me for a long time and I stare back. Sean snores loudly in my ear. I cover my mouth to muffle my giggles. He mumbles out, half asleep," I'll cure those giggles..."

Owen gives me a millimeter smile and takes me hands into his. He scoots in closer, warming my hands between our bodies. My eyes close when Owen leans in and kisses each lid," Go to sleep, Miss Lullaby. We have a long day ahead of us."

I nod softly and drift off easily now that I know I'm safe in the arms of my guardians.

🦋

I dreamed I was laying on the dark dirt of the battlefield from before. The field was empty except for the flames left over from the fight. I try to move but my limbs feel too heavy. The smoke burns my eyes. Every breathe I take is raw.

I tilt my head to the side, trying to figure out what's going on. A lycorn stares at me - flame and smoke billow behind it. It's neon pink eyes glow as it's black fur sways in the wind.

We stare at each other for a very long time.
I still can't move.

The lycorn suddenly looks sharply to its left, on high alert. A chilling howl that only a monster can make echoes in the night. Loud thumps make the earth tremble as something horrid bounds towards the Lycorn.

Something demonic leaps high over the flames and slams into the Lycorn. I tremble, eyes wide in fear, as I watch the demon battle my Lycorn. This monster is horrific in appearance - it's skin pulls so tight against its bones there a tears in it. Black curled horns set behind pointed bull ears. Ferocious teeth and claws rip into the soft fur of the beast it fights.

It stands taller than even Silas, than any mans alive, hunched over like an ape with its abnormally long arms.

With every tear the devil makes into the lycorn, crimson blood pools below. With every bite the Lycorn succeeds with, ash blooms on top of the pool of blood in the form of roses.

I lose the ability to breathe when I hear the most horrifying sound," Lullaby! Lullaby! Help me!"
I part to lips to call out to Luke, but all I can manage is a weak croak. Luke cries out in agony.

Tears fall endlessly down the corners of my eyes as I try with all my might to try to move my limbs, move my lips. The pool of crimson blood and ash roses grow larger and larger. I can hear it bubbling as it slowly creeps towards me on every side.

A silhouette stumbles through the smoke, right into the midst of battle with the beasts. The man's collarbone length hair blows in the wind as he falls to his knees beneath the two beasts tearing into each other.

The blood creeps closer, soaking my fingers and toes. The smoke clears until I can see the man is Luke. His usually happy chocolate eyes are dead voids. Blood trickles from the corner of his mouth. It falls from his eyes like morbid tears.

The blood engulfed my limbs, only inches away from entirely engulfing me.  I try to scream. I try to cry. I try to beg.

But I have no voice.

It's like when I was living in my concrete cage - a songbird with a stolen song.

The devil tears the lycorn in half - a sprinkle of blue and purple stardust floats away in the wind as piece by piece the lycorn fades into just a memory.

The blood is covering my mouth, my eyes stinging as it creeps into my tear ducts. Through a blurry blood hued haze, I watch as the devil raises a clawed hand and swipes at Luke.

I can't see, but I can hear....

Luke wails in agony as the sound of claws tearing apart flesh rings in my ears.

I sit up and scream. I scream until I'm out of air. I scream until black spots dance in my vision. I scream even as Sean holds my face between his hands, his thumbs wiping away my tears. His lips move, but I hear none of his words.

All I can hear is the sound of Luke's screams as he's torn apart by the monster.

Someone weaves into my mind, trying to find the source of my distress. My head falls back as Sean wraps his arms around my body. I lay lip in his hold as cries of anguish pour out my me madly.

"Luke!", I finally scream.

Sean and Owen jerk in surprise as I scream his name, over and over, at the top of my lungs. I'm picked up in someone's arms, my head and limbs dangling uselessly.

I can't breathe. I start to hyperventilate in between screaming Luke's name.

We're running somewhere. Doors we pass all burst open.
North shouts," The fuck is going on?"
"You're okay sweetie. You're okay.", Sean coos in my ear as he runs besides us. Owen glares ahead, ignoring all else as he dashes me to my deepest desire.

"Do you need anything?", Dr. Roberts asks as he runs beside us.

"LUKE!", I scream.

Four strings try to penetrate my mind. That makes me angry. I snarl and claw at Owen, slamming a barrier around my mind. Sean quickly grabs my hands and holds them above my head.

"Luke!", I snarl out. "LUKE!"

"Almost there sweetie.", Kota assures me from behind.

Someone slams into a door in front of us. There's mumbled curses about being woken up as the lights flicker on.

"Luke!", I screech, sounding more and more monstrous every time I scream his name.
"Give her here!", I hear Luke command Owen. No one commands Owen.  I stop screaming, eyes wide as I breathe rapidly.

I'm passed into someone's arms as the sit up in bed. Vanilla wafts into my nose. I fall slack in his arms and hoarsely whisper," Luke."

He rocks me, holding me in arms like a baby," I'm here Lulu. I'm okay. I promise."
My eyes peak open. Luke looks angry, but he's also crying.
Why is Luke crying?

I sniffle as relieved tears fall from my eyes. I weakly raise my hand and poke one of his tears. It wells over my nail and trickles down my finger.
"Ow?", I whisper.
He laughs shakily," No. No Ow."

I relax entirely into his arms, my head looks back, and my eyes flutter shut.

No Ow.
Luke is okay.
There's no Ow.

Just as I'm on the precipice of sleep, Luke spits out angrily,"That evil bitch!"
Sean whispers to him sadly as Luke begins to rock me again," She's okay now."

"Is she?", Luke's weak mutter travels in an echo into my dream.

🦋

"Here ya go.", Gabriel tells me with a soft smile after he finished putting my hair up into a high ponytail.

I'd been standing on a stool in front of the sink so he could reach my hair. He smiles at me when my eyes meet his in the mirror," Do you like the sweater with tights? Better than pants, huh?"
I look down at the white stockings with bats on them and wiggle my foot in front of me to test them out," They're okay I guess."

Gabriel raises a fist in the air and jerks it back down to his chest," Yes!"

I giggle at him as he bounces happily over to my bag and pulls out two bows, each decorated with a single bat wing. He clips one on each side of my ponytail so it looks like I have bat wings coming out of my head. I grin happily at those.

Gabriel chuckles at my enthusiasm," Come on Lulu. We've got to go meet the Seer in ten minutes."

🦋

I perk up once we reach the boys, at the Seer's office where they're all huddled up at. Luke is standing amongst them, a button up shirt hanging open on his shoulders to show his bare bandages chest.

I run up to him, Macaron bouncing in my arms," Luke!"
He turns to look at me. His whole face brightens when he sets sight on me. I don't dare take up his silent offer to pick me up. I just hold his gently around the butt, my cheek rubbing against his side carefully.

Luke places a hand on top of my hair," I can pick you up Lulu. It won't bother me none."
I rapidly shake my head before looking up at him, silently telling him with my eyes I mean business.

He smirks at me," If you say so boss lady."
I nod sharply.
Silas grins down at me," You look cute today Agelle."
I wrinkle my nose at him," I'm cute everyday."

I may not know what's pretty or not, but I know cute stuff.

They all burst into laughter. Luke holds me to him as he laughs," You sure are."

The door openly and a smiling man in his twenties look around at everyone, before lowering his sea blue eyes to look at me. I gasp, in awe of the beautiful man before me. His hair is dark blue and falls to his hips. It's tossed over his shoulder in a loose ponytail. Rectangular wire spectacles rest low on his nose.

He gives me a gentle smile," Good morning Lullaby. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."
I turn into Luke's side and hide half my face, only looking back at the beautiful giant man with one eye.

Kota chuckles," Sorry, she gets shy sometimes."

The man lightly laughs," It's quite alright. Come in. I have tea ready."

🦋

I sit on the couch between North and Luke while I look around the Seer's office curiously. The stone walls are painted gold and every empty space is filled with dark wood shelves. Some hold old as time books and others hold curious nicknacks.

The Seer places a tray on the coffee table in front of us and pours tea from a gold teapot into pretty blown glass teacups. He hands me a purple teacup first," I think you'll like this very much. It's a floral mix the elders pick themselves. There's moonflower, dragonlily, and lavender in the tea leaves. It's quite fragrant and sweet."

I take the teacup from him, not taking my wife eyes off of him. When he walks away, I sniff it experimentally. I wrinkle my nose and hold the teacup right up to Luke's nose, almost hitting him. Luke blinks down at it before chuckling. He has a teasing grin on his face when he asks me," Want me to taste it first?"

I nod. Luke knows good stuff. North knows healthy stuff. Healthy stuff doesn't always taste good so Luke will give me an honest opinion.

Luke gently takes the teacup from my hand and sips it slowly. I watch Luke as he truly tastes the flavor with closed eyes. He smiles when they open and hands the teacup back to me," You'll like it I think. It's sweet, but not too sweet. Just like you."

I glower up at him feeling like I was just insulted.

He merely winks at me and picks up his own green teacup. North takes my teacup from me after he sees me blowing on it," Here."
I watch him as he blows my tea for me. He tastes it to check the temperature before handing it back to me.
I hold it in both hands and murmur," Thanks."

He chuckles and pets my head," No problem baby."

I close my eyes and hum happily as the tea hits my tongue. It's dark and fragrant, just a touch of sweetness exactly how I like it. Both of them chuckle at me from either side.

I watch as the Seer comes back with a huge book. Kota and Victor follow from behind, one holding a nearly flat golden plate with a snail curve on the top, the other holding a glass pitcher full of water.

The Seer smiles at me when he sees me sipping happily at my tea," Thought so."

Owen joins the three in the enter of the seating area," This will tell us what we need to know?"
The Seer purses his lips," It might.   I can't control what the Scry will show me. It may choose to answer all of your questions, a few of them, or may give you more to ponder."

I found I liked his voice. It was soft spoken, never changing octaves, and laced with mystery.

Owen's face barely showed his irritation at the Seer's words, but I saw it. Owie doesn't like not knowing things.

The Seer has Kota set the gold plate on a wooden pedestal and has Victor pour in the water.

The Seer waves a hand over the water, an ethereal blue glow lights from within it.
"Show me the mysteries of Lullaby."

Gabriel snorts," Bout sums up my daily internal monologue."

The light brightens until a clear blue orb of light hovers above it. It grows and grows until it's bigger than me!

We all watch my story play out. At first, all we saw were endless stars. The images shifted, zooming past many of this galaxy's suns and moons until it stopped on an eerie looking planet. It was smaller than Earth, and covered in a vast jungle of navy leaved trees.

The orb swoops forward, taking us closer to the land. Without the orb saying a word, we suddenly just know things.
On this world, the sun never rises, always is it night. The fruit is gold, the leaves black barked and navy leaved. The tall grass pale blue.

Twelve tribes coexisted peacefully here together in a single city - Stellaris. All were named after a constellation. Each had traits of their constellation. The Leo were loud and golden haired, always ready for a fight. The Gemini, were always born as twins - one the polar opposite of the other. The Virgo were all vain and lovely.

Certain children amongst these tribes were graced with magic. It was fairly common, but one gift was revered above all others, The Lullaby.
It was the loveliest magic that gave its wielder the ability to lull all beasts under their beautiful spell.

The orb shows us a giant rogue planet headed straight for theirs. It's relentless gravity pulls it apart.

The tribes fled their planet, having to bond themselves to various celestial entities.
Never was there a choice. When a child came of age, the nearest celestial entity was its home.

They haunt the cosmos as stellar ghosts now, only allowed the company of their mate, their other half.

The Aries were the protectors of their world, the warriors. All had horns, odd colored hair, and were fiercely protective.

An image of a beautiful woman that looked very similar to me appeared. She sat upon a comet, her long purple hair blowing behind her, as she watched the Cosmos pass her by. Her beautiful eyes burned like comet fire, appearing as if flames burned within. Her hand reaches up to hold a vial of tied lilac hair.

That's the last image we're shown. The orb doesn't vanish, just keeps showing the woman, my mother, biding her time.

I get up from the couch slowly, the teacup falling to the ground and spilling out my tea. My eyes stay locked on her alone as I make my way towards her.

That same longing from before overwhelms me, making that fickle organ in my chest ache. I stop just as my nose nearly brushing with the orb of light.

Arms wrap around me and pick me up. It startled me as I hadn't heard anything other than my own heart pounding in my ears. I look up to see Silas, my teddy bear. He has me perched on his side, his arms under my butt, dark eyes staring at the image of my mother.

"She's very pretty, Lullaby.", He rumbles. I nod and look back at her, unaware of the nine sets of eyes staring at me sadly. Silas alone is focused on the beautiful woman with amethyst hair.

I tilt my head as I see her horns. They'd been near invisible with the dark space around her. Hers were navy in color and curled just like mine.

Curious, I tried calling on my magic. I felt it when my eyes glowed and my scalp tingled where the horns grew. I kept my head tilted as I studied her horns, feeling more kinship with her now than I ever had before.

"The Aries are intense creatures.", the Seer started. "I met one nearly two millennia ago. He was a broody and cautious fellow, but compassionate. They love strongly and protect those they do. It explains Lullaby's reaction to Luke's injuries."

"It does?", Kota finally looks away from me to ask.

The Seer nods," It does indeed. They are incredible warriors, capable of incredible things. Even so, they're all very soft hearted no matter how stubbornly they try to hide it. The man I spoke of, Cadlock, had a gift as well. His was much like our Guardians' - Herculean strength. He was always so cautious around others, afraid he'd accidentally hurt them. He was particularly enraptured by children. With them, he was another man entirely."

"Does this mean we can honestly say she's no danger to anyone?",Sean asks in worry.

The Seer gives them a soft smile," It does. I'll back up your word. The Aries are simply....passionate." He ends with a chuckle.

🦋
(A/n: Not gonna lie. Lulu reminds me of the hulk.

They make me angry!
Lulu smash!

I'm starting a movement 😂😂😂😂
#lulusmash

Next chapter continues with the academy stuff and ends with them back to old normal things.
Watch.
Because I said that it's not going to go the way I planned.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...
79.7K 6.6K 104
They all thought I'd abandoned them. I'd turned my back on the only people who truly cared for me to protect them, and they never knew.... Without a...
6K 504 8
() Series () A. Sang in a Childhood Daze (completed) B. Sang in a Rebel Daze (completed) <3 <3 <3 <3 () NOTES () A. I'm not much of rebe...
267K 16.8K 47
I'm not a normal girl. I've known this since I was five years old and got my first gift. I have no idea where it came from, who I am, but it's someth...