The Dauntless (a male reader...

By RedImperium

(Y/N) is a 17 year old military prodigy who managed to reach the rank of lieutenant with flying colours. He i... More

(Old) Prologue
(Old) Chapter 1: I was in a gunfight you see...
(Old) Chapter 2: What the actual fuck!?
(Old) Chapter 4: A Team of Girls... oh my....
(Old) Chapter 5: -Canada:1 -Bacon:0
(No Longer Relevant) Quick Announcement/Question
(New) Chapter 1: The Lone Gunman
(New) Chapter 2: Taiho
(New) Chapter 3: Remnants of Sanity
(New) Chapter 4: The Phoenix and The Rose
(New) Chapter 5: The Beacon of New Beginnings, and The First Trial
(New) Chapter 6: Through the Fire and the Flames
(New) Chapter 7: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
(New) Chapter 8: Die Übersoldaten: Part One(18+)
(New) Chapter 9: Die Übersoldaten: Part 2 (18+)
20k Reads?!
(New) Chapter 10: Light In The Darkness (18+)
Face Reveal
(New) Chapter 11: Operator
(New) Chapter 12: The Workshop; Part 1
(New) Chapter 13: The Workshop; Part 2
(New) Chapter 14: The Workshop; Part 3
(New) Chapter 15: Festivities
(New) Chapter 16: Dockyard Devastation
(New) Chapter 17: Clearing the Air
(New) Chapter 18: Rest and Relaxation (18+)
(New) Chapter 19: Bad Omens
(New) Chapter 20: Heavy Metal Mayhem
(New) Chapter 21: Trial by Fire
Halloween Special Part 1: Of Monsters and Men
Halloween Special Part 2: Project Gallahad

(Old) Chapter 3: An opportunity at death... how lovely!

6.2K 49 43
By RedImperium

                (Y/N)'s POV

           I had just finished my conversation with Ozpin and was on my way to Beacon via airship. Ruby was aboard as well as other people, whom I assumed to be students aspiring to become these 'hunters' and 'huntresses'.

          I sat alone while the others were chatting in their little groups. Taking the chance, I tried falling asleep. Take note of what I said; I tried to fall asleep. Ruby had come and sat beside me, along with a blonde girl with a rather perplexing lavender coloured eyes.

           (Y/N): Hi.

            Ruby: Hi (Y/N)! How you doing? You know I didn't really get the chance to know you... so mind telling me, and my sister Yang here about yourself?

           (Y/N): Sisters? You two look nothing alike, unless you're either step-sisters or one of you has been adopted.

          Yang: We get that a lot. We're step/half-sisters.

          (Y/N): Interesting...

          Yang: Now, I believe that Ruby said that you were going to tell us some things about yourself, Mr. (L/N)...

           Seeing that I couldn't escape, and that it just wasn't me to ignore a conversation, I gave in.

             (Y/N): To keep things short and sweet, I'll only give you a few details. Understand?

           Ruby and Yang both nodded.

          (Y/N): Well, here goes. I'm a soldier in one of the best fighting forces in my world. The military force was called Joint Task Force 2, JTF2 for short. That's all.

         Yang: That was... very little information.

          (Y/N): That's the point.

          Ruby: Aww, come on, tell us more. Please?

          I said nothing, then like before I gave in with an irritated growl.

          (Y/N): Fine. Here's the damned essentials. I'm a lieutenant in JTF2, and also a hero in my home nation of Canada. I joined the military at a young age and I quickly fulfilled my goal of being an excellent warrior.

         Yang: You mentioned something about being this Canada's hero... how did that happen?

        I said nothing, and turned away. I hoped they got the message and would leave me alone, but they didn't. Well, they did, but they didn't; the sisters stayed near me, but they didn't initiate another conversation with me. I closed my eyes and waited for us to arrive at Beacon. Luckily for me, the wait wasn't long.

         When the ship "docked" so to speak, I was the first one off the damn thing and I was greeted by possibly one of the most unique looking castle-like building. It had a sort of fantasy look to it as well as modern architecture. I had stopped dead in my tracks, and remained in that condition until I heard a bang and an angry voice behind me...

         Weiss' POV

          I was walking off the ship casually when some girl in a red dress ran into me, causing the Dust I was carrying to scatter all around.

           Weiss: Hey watch it! Do you know what you've done?!

            Ruby: Uhh...

           Weiss: Ugh! This is Dust, pure and virtually untouched, mined by the Schnee company. MY company! Do you even fathom what could've happened if one or two of these canisters cracked?

           Ruby; Um, no... I'm sorry.

            (Y/N)'s POV

            I looked at the argument with amusement. I didn't even care and know about what was happening except that it was just an argument about a substance called Dust.

           Picking up one of the scattered canisters, I examined it and realized that it was the same substance that that Torchwick guy was stealing the night before. I looked at it closer and determined that this 'Dust' must be valuable, rather; extremely valuable.

           I looked back to the argument and saw that it was getting nowhere, until a girl with black hair and a black bow with a rather open black dress... thing. I didn't even bother looking for the name because I was just captivated by the newcomer's beauty.

        I slapped myself to get me back on track and I continued watching from afar. Eventually, I got bored and walked up to the Weiss girl, and handed her the Dust canister. She looked at me and was about to say something, but I had turned around and was walking away. I wanted to scout around the school for a bit.

        Being me, I ended up getting hopelessly lost, until a friendly student came along and brought me to a massive room, which I assumed was the front foyer. Looking around, I saw sleeping bags littered everywhere. I decided to ask what the time was and found out that I had been 'exploring' for about six hours. Holy shit!

Walking around, I eventually found the four girls that I had actually put effort into meeting. Once they saw me, they waved, to which I waved back and sat beside them.

(Y/N): Hi girls!

Yang: Hey there.

Weiss: Hi. Oh, and by the way, I just wanted to thank you for earlier.

(Y/N): It's no problem. So... Ruby, how are things?

Ruby: Pretty nice over here on my end.

(Y/N): That's good to hear. On my end, not so well. I got lost around the school for about six hours. I probably would've been lost up to this point if not for a kind person to lead me back here.

The girls laughed a little, well only three of the four. The other was engrossed with her book and not contributing to the conversation.

(Y/N): So, miss, are you going to introduce yourself...?

Blake: Huh? Ah, sorry, my name's Blake, Blake Belladonna.

(Y/N): Wonderful name Blake... has a nice ring to it. So, *turns to address the group*, what are we supposed to do now?

Yang: Go to sleep? Isn't that obvious?

(Y/N): Uh huh, yeah. You guys can do that, while I stay awake. I have no sleeping bag, and I don't feel like removing my combat gear.

Weiss: No you won't. You'll sleep with the rest of us.

(Y/N): As much as I'd like that, I don't have a sleeping bag, and I don't want to remove my combat gear.

Weiss: I wasn't asking. It was an order.

(Y/N): Sure princess. I'll definitely listen.

Weiss: Really?

(Y/N): No, I wasn't planning to.

Weiss groaned and sat back down on her bag, and gestured to whoever to try and convince me. Yang seized the chance and grabbed my left arm and said, while purring:

Yang: Come on, stay with us... or me.

(Y/N): Oh for fuck's sake! Fine!

Ruby, who was still watching us, pumped her fist into the air as a sort of victorious gesture. Weiss didn't care, and Blake even more so.

Yang: So, you'll be lying down with me, correct?

Ruby: No, he'll be with me.

Weiss: Hey, I tried getting him to stay here so I think that I should be the one to be chosen.

Blake: Why are you fighting over something simple as this? The answer's obvious: let him decide.

Then all eyes turned to me.

(Y/N): Uh, ok... how about a compromise...?

Yang: Like what?

(Y/N): Actually, forget I said that, I'll sle- ah!

Yang dragged me down to her bag and with finality said:

Yang: You'll stay here with me, before I get a little crazy.

(Y/N): Okay.... *under breath* please don't hurt me.

Yang: But before you get in, you'll have to remove your gear.

(Y/N): Alright, I get it. But I want your guarantee that you or any of the rest of you won't stare.

The girls muttered their agreements, and with a slow intake of air: I took off my hood and mask.

Yang's POV:

When (Y/N) took off his mask, I gasped quietly. Without the mask and hood concealing him, I finally saw what he actually looked like. He was very good looking, his (H/C) hair was brushed back in a handsome manner, his (E/C) eyes shone brightly and he had no scars. If he had any scars, I wouldn't care.

Other small gasps were heard from Blake and Ruby. Weiss, remained silent but she had a dreamy look to her features.

(Y/N): Like what you see?

The girls, including me blushed a little. (Y/N) shook his head and continued taking off his gear such as his combat vest and his weapons. Once done, he stood there wearing a white T-shirt and his combat pants and boots.

Without his combat vest, it was clear for us to see that he was well built. His body seemed that it was meant to take punishment. Though, we couldn't see his right side because he hid it from view. I was curious, so I asked.

Yang: What are you hiding there, big boy?

(Y/N): My arm.

Yang: Why though?

The other girls then became interested.

(Y/N): Because I don't... gah, where's the harm in showing it.

With that, (Y/N) stepped into full view and presented what he was hiding: his right arm. A robotic arm to be exact. His face showed no expression... until Ruby asked.

Ruby: Where did you get that?

(Y/N): My country.

Ruby: Ohh... when though?

(Y/N): ...

Yang: Hey, Rubes, he probably doesn't want to talk about it... unless you do, (Y/N).

(Y/N): *sighs*. Fine, no harm in telling. I suppose it'll let you all understand me better. Anyway, it happened about a year ago, I had just returned from a military training exercise to my nation's capital, where I had planned to meet my parents. I met them, and we had dinner together, catching up on things.

He took a sharp intake of breath, and continued his story.

(Y/N): How I lost my arm was when, still on the same day, a group of terrorists attacked the Parliament. I took many of them down, but one of them was a suicide bomber. I tried to take him down as well, but he blew himself up, and wrecked the place around him.

Everyone was silent, soaking up the information. He went through such a horrible moment, yet he talks as if it were a daily occurrence. He continued after a short pause.

(Y/N): When I woke up, I found myself in a hospital bed, with my right arm completely missing. That explosion didn't just change me physically. It also gave me the ability to control and to apparently be completely immune to fire... now goodnight, ok? I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Ruby: Goodnight... (Y/N).

Yang: Goodnight.

With all of that said, we all lay down and went to sleep. And listening to what I said earlier (Y/N) lay down beside me, his back facing in my direction. I looked him over and closed my eyes. I faded into darkness and visited the realm of dreams.

---------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

I was currently with, well, all the first years at Beacon Cliffs. Ozpin was talking about something and how the Emerald Forest down below was essentially a training hell that had a bunch of surprises, including these things called 'Grimm'. I had no idea what they were so I just went with the flow.

One sentence from the speech caught my attention:

Ozpin: ... anyone that you make eye contact with will be your partner for the next four years.

Well, shit. And why eye contact? Won't we have to do any other stupid thing so we end up with random people? Apparently not.

Ruby was getting a little anxious, and I have to admit: so was I. This Initiation seemed very important and I wanted to get it over with.

Around three agonizing minutes later, Ozpin's speech was over. I loaded my rifle and my sidearm then walked forward to one of the launch pads, which are used to hurtle future students into the air. Normally it'd seem dangerous, but not to me. I live with danger every day, it's just part of the job, eh?

However I only had one problem with something like that: I don't have a bloody parachute or any thing of the sort to break my fall. Sure, I could grab one of the branches on my way down, but I'd probably break or rip apart my arms. Or I could just fall and become a stain on the forest floor, or just break both of my legs.

Having no other plan, I decided to do the classic tuck and roll technique, and stepped on to the pad. A few seconds later, I was flung high into the air...

---------------------------------------------

Ayyy! Chapter 3's done! Haha! Absolutely wonderful, yes? Now I can enjoy my March Break without worrying about school and other things such as tests and the fact I got away with forging someone's signature...

Shhh! Let's keep that fact between you and me, ok? Good.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. You'll probably read this after my little vacation, so happy late March Break!

Like always: I'll see you all in the next one!

-BlackAngel44 🇨🇦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 1.1K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
22.5K 19 2
Smut as in content +18 so be aware.
231K 5.1K 73
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး