Pokemon Champion: The Burden...

By GhostOfTheUchiha

This Story Is Told From The Perspective Of Kaiso, The Pokemon League Champion Of The Sinnoh Region. A Month A... More

The Champion
The League
The Champions Presence
The Champions Mind
The Champions Weakness
The Champions Lesson
The Champions Heart
The Champions Wrath
Champion Kaiso
The Aftermath
The Sprints
The Champions Past And Future
The Champions Legacy Part 1
The Champions Legacy Part 2
The Champions Legacy Part 3
The Champions Legacy Part 4
The Champions Legacy Part 5/ The Turning Point
Motivation

The Strength Beyond A Champion

342 3 1
By GhostOfTheUchiha

"Kaiso, As The Trainer Stronger Then A Champion I Will Defeat You Here And Now. I'm Going To Make You Pay For Abandoning Aaliyah And I" Tome Says As He Tosses His Pokeball. The Legendary Pokémon Darkrai Pops Out.

"You're Kidding Me Right Now" I Say Backing Up. "Infernape Time For Battle!" I Yell.

"This Darkrai And I Will Be The Team To Take Your Title, Once The Elite Four Is Decided You Can Bet I Will Be On My Way, Darkrai Dark Void!!" Tome Commands. Darkrai Creates A Black Sphere And Fires It Towards Infernape.

"Infernape, Dodge It!! Don't let It Touch You!" I Yell. Infernape Leaps Into The Air Just As The Dark Void Attack Explodes On The Ground.

"I Have You Now!!, Darkrai Dark Pulse Now!!" Tome Yells As Darkrai Speed Blitzes Infernape.

"Oh Shit, Infernape!!" Darkrai Lets Out A Stream Of Dark Blasts And It Hits Infernape At Point Blank Range. Infernape Crashes Into The Sand And Is Slow To Get Up.

"Get Up Infernape!! Close Combat Now!" Infernape Jumps Up And Rushes At Darkrai Throwing A Series Of Punches And Kicks But The Legendary Dark Type Pokémon Dodges Every Attack.

"Becoming The Champion Has Made Your Movements Too Easy To Read Kaiso" Tome Says. Darkrai Punches Infernape In His Stomach And Sends Him Rolling Through The Sand.

"You Do Nothing But Try To Overpower Your Opponents With Sheer Physical Power." Tome Says. Darkrai Rushes Up To Infernape And Picks Him Up By His Neck.

"Your Lazy Behavior Has Caused You To Lose Your Edge As The Champion, You Are Simply Unfit To Hold Your Position." Darkrai Tosses Infernape Into The Air And Charges Up A Dark Pulse Attack.

"Something Has Caused You To Lose That X Factor Kaiso, No Need To Worry, I'll Use The Title And The Money To Take Actually Save The Woman I Care About And Not Have Them Fall Apart In Front Of Me." Tome Says. His Words Feel Like A Knife Cutting Through My Chest.

I Clench My Fists And Grit My Teeth. "Infernape!! Full Power Now!! Flare Blitz!!"

Infernape Lets Out A Yell That Shakes The Ground Itself. Tome Covers His Ears And Zukon, Aroarah, And Stephanie Cover Their Ears. Infernapes Flames Turn From Bright Red To A Deep Blue. The Heat From Infernape Causes Sweat To Roll Down My Face.

"Unfit To Hold My Title? Who The Fuck Are You To Decide That?!?!" I Yell. Lightning Starts Striking The Sand, Infernapes Power Is Causing The Water From The Ocean To Evaporate, Flames Engulf His Entire Body As His Eyes Roll In The Back Of His Head.

"You Think You're In The Right??! You Think You Can Handle The Pressure Of Being A Champion!! You Talk About Saving People Tome, But I Know The Kind Of Person You Really Are, Infernape!!!!" I Yell.

Infernape Rockets Towards Darkrai At The Speed Of Lightning. Darkrai Launches A Dark Pulse Attack That Quickly Evaporates Around Infernape. Infernape Rams His Fist Into Darkrais Face. The Explosion Causes Everyone To Fly Back Into The Air And Land Hard In The Sand. I Look Behind Me And Zukon, Aroarah, And Stephanie Are Getting Off The Ground.

"Are You Guys Alright?" I Ask. They Nod Their Head. Zukons Mouth Drops Open As He Points In The Direction Of Where The Battle Is Taking Place. I Turn Around And My Heart Drops Into My Stomach. Darkrai Shielded Himself From The Attack And He Has His Hand Over Infernapes Mouth Stopping Him Dead In His Tracks.

"Like I Said Before, Your Movements Are Too Predictable Kaiso, You Haven't Faced Anyone On Your Level In A Long Time, So You Just Rush Blindly In Hoping To Overpower Your Opponents." Tome Says Raising His Hand. "But That Won't Work On Me Kaiso. Darkrai, Dark Pulse Now!"

"Infernape Get Out Of There Now!!" I Yell. Infernape Bites Darkrais Hand And Jumps Back In Front Of Me. The Blue Flames Still Engulf His Body And He Gives Me A Thumbs Up.

"Kaiso, You're Going To Have To Finish This Quickly, Your Pokémon Can't Give Off That Much Power For Long" Tome Says.

"Lets Find Out" I Say Smiling. "Infernape Attack Now!!" Infernape Speed Blitzes Darkrai And Begin Throwing A Flurry Of Punches And Kicks, Every Punch That's Thrown Sends A Blast Of Wind That Kicks Up Sand And Shakes The Ground.

"Damnnit Infernape Don't Let Up, Flamethrower Now!!" I Yell. Infernape Inhales Deeply And Fires Off A Blast Of Blue Fire From His Mouth. I See Tome About To Give The Command To Dodge And I Nod At Infernape.

"Dodge Darkrai!!"

"I Read Your Movements Tome!" I Say Smiling.

"Hit Him Now Infernape! Flare Blitz!!" I Command. Infernape Rockets Over To Darkrai And Lands A Punch Right In His Gut That Sends Darkrai Flying Into The Air. Darkrai Stops Himself From Flying And Floats in The Air.

"Hell No, You're Mine!!, Infernape Don't Give Him The Chance To Breathe!! Get In Close Now!!!" Infernape Disappears And Instantly Reappears Behind Darkrai In The Blink Of An Eye.

"We Got You Now!, Infernape Blast Burn!! Burn The Entire Beach Away!!!!" Infernape Lets Out A Powerful Yell As Electricity And Blue Fire Manifests Off His Body, Infernape Expels Every Ounce Of Energy He Has In An Omnidirectional Fire Attack, The Light From The Attack Causes Me To Cover My Eyes. I Can Make Out Darkrai Flying Shielding Himself From The Fire Attack.

"Darkrai! Dark Void!!" Darkrai Lets Out A Yell And Forms A Black Orb That He Fires At Infernape, The Black Orb Engulfs Infernape And Immediately Putting Him To Sleep.

Infernape Falls And Lands Hard In The Sand. I Run Over To Infernape And I Burn My Hand When I Try To Touch Him. His Body Is Glowing Red And He Is Breathing Heavily.
Despite How Hot He Is I Pick Him Up And Hold Him In My Arms.

"You Damn Idiot" Tome Says As He Calls Back His Darkrai. "I Remember You Picking Chimchar As Your Starter Pokémon. This Is How You Treat Him? You Almost Kill Him Over Some Feelings?" He Says.

"Is Your Pride Really Worth More Than Your Pokémons Life? Like I Said Already, You're Unfit To Be Champion Of This Region Kaiso. Aaliyah Would Be Ashamed To See What You Have Become"

I Can Hear The Sand Move Behind Me. Zukon Puts His Hand On My Shoulder.

"I Don't Give A Damn Who You Are, You Have No Right To Speak To The Champion Of The Sinnoh Region That Way!" Stephanie Yells.

Tome Laughs As He Puts His Hand Over His Mouth. "He May Have The Title, But What Can Any Of You Honestly Say He Has Done For The Sinnoh Region As A Whole? He Has Done Nothing But Imprison An Elite Four Member And Endanger Countless Peoples Lives." Tome Says Walking Up To Stephanie.

"You May Wanna Rethink Who You Look Up To Kid" Tome Says As He Pushes Stephanie To The Ground. Something Inside Me Snaps, I Lay Infernape On The Ground And Almost On Instinct I Punch Tome Square In His Face Causing Him To Fall To The Ground.

"Tome, Ima Have To Ask You To Leave. You Can Insult Me All You Want, But I'll Be Damned If I Allow You To Put Your Hands On My Students, Next Time Something Like That Happens, I Won't Be As Nice" I Say As I Pick Stephanie Off The Ground. Aroarah Steps Up And Brushes Sand Off Of Stephanies Back.

"We Don't Care Who Kaiso Was In The Past, Or What He Has Done, The Only Thing That Matters Is Who He Is Now. Who He Is To Us Is Our Teacher And Friend, And From What I See, I Would Rather Have Kaiso Be My Champion Than You" Aroarah Says Wrapping Her Arms Around Me.

Tome Gets Off The Ground And Wipes Off His Clothes. "Whatever, Kaiso Just Know That Once July Comes Around, Your Title Will Be Mines, You Have Five Months To Hold Onto That Title, I'm Sure Aaliyah Will Be Excited To Hear That I Ran Into You, You're All She Talks About, Ever Since You Abandoned Us" Tome Says Walking Off. His Words Linger In The Air Long After He Is Gone.

Everyone Collapses On The Ground After A Couple Minutes. I Sit In The Sand As Everyone Sits In Front Of Me.

"Kaiso, I Know This May Be A Touchy Subject, But Could You Tell Us About Your Journey? We've Been Together For A Month And We Don't Even Know Your Story" Stephanie Says.

I Take A Deep Breath As I Look Into The Sky.
The Waves Calmly Wash Onto The Sand, An Array Of Water Type Pokémon Swim In The Ocean. I Look Back At Everyone And I Find Three Pairs Of Eyes Staring Intensely At Me.

"Fine, If We're Going To Be Here For A While, I Might As Well" I Say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 8.9K 96
Champion Leon Will Be Ready, The People All Around The World Will Bear Witness, When Champion Of Alola And Alolan Queen Will Fight Side By Side...
102K 2.3K 104
It's been 6 months since Ash has lost the Kalos League and he still feels like something is missing or someone. After a talk with an old Friend he fi...
136K 2.1K 15
Ash Ketchum, a 16-year-old trainer, is conflicted on where to go next after leaving the Alola Region. Everything is about to change in his life after...
11.8K 239 36
Seven years after Ashs defeat in Sinnoh, the Champion Cynthia is ruthlessly crushed in a battle for the title of Pokémon Master. The new Champion ref...