She's not my sister

By BOMask

Harley and Alix are two girls forced to live together and act like sisters since their parents decided to rem... More

Chapter 1 - Never
Chapter 2 - Deal with it
Chapter 3 - Jealous
Chapter 4 - Crash
Chapter 5 - Forget it
Chapter 6 - What did not happen
Chapter 7 - Can't help it
Chapter 8 - Tease and pretend
Chapter 9 - No talking
Chapter 10 - Secret
Chapter 11 - More acting, less thinking
Chapter 12 - Not out but about
Chapter 13 - Behind closed doors
Chapter 14 - Sneaky Spiders
Chapter 15 - No eggs for me
Chapter 16 - Homework
Chapter 17 - Best worst news
Chapter 18 - Sleepy whispers
Chapter 19 - One day
Chapter 20 - Ends and beggings
Chapter 21 - Papers
Chapter 22 - Come cleaner
Chapter 23 - Need
Chapter 24 - Run away
Chapter 25 - No fuel
Chapter 26 - Snake and change
Chapter 27 - No rest
Chapter 28 - Get out, stay in
Chapter 30 - Move on
Chapter 31 - Substitutes
Chapter 32 - Say it
Chapter 33 - Again
Chapter 34 - Deals
Chapter 35 - Well behaved?
Chapter 36 - It's so hard
Chapter 37 - It changes nothing
Chapter 38 - Competition
Chapter 39 - Trust
Chapter 40 - Messages
Chapter 41 - (Un)breakable
Chapter 42 - Left to do what's right
Chapter 43 - Player 3
Chapter 44 - Headaches
Chapter 45 - P(l)ayback
Chapter 46 - We stay together
Chapter 47 - Don't press play
Chapter 48 - Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 49 - Revelations
Chapter 50 - Heroes And Villains
Chapter 51 - Fight And Flee
Chapter 52 - Don't Give Up On Her
Chapter 53 - Not As Planned
Chapter 54 - The Calm Before
Chapter 55 - The Storm (Part 1)
Chapter 56 - The Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 57 - Who Won?
Chapter 58 - Family First
A/N
A/N and a photo of a cucumber (updated)
Chapter 59 - Outcomes
A/N
Chapter 60 - The gang (part 1)
Chapter 61 - The gang (part 2)
Important A/N
Chapter 62 - New chapters, old tales

Chapter 29 - Can't do this anymore

6.9K 205 96
By BOMask

"Now, how can he have her heart
When it got stole?
So he tries to pacify her
'Cause what's inside her never dies"

Harley's P.O.V.

My first instinct was to cup Alix's face. I wanted to take all of her pain away and give her as much love and affection as I could in return, I'd rather have her pain myself than to ever see her suffering.

She pulled me with her to the bed, our mouths never leaving the passionate kiss they were into. Soon it went from passionate to heated and while my hands stood on either side of Alix's head, hers started to move under my shirt, making me stop.

- "Alix you don't have to do this." I said a little out of breath.

Alix's movements stopped and she looked at me, I could still see the trails of the tears she had been crying on her cheeks and I tried again to gently caress them. This time she did not pull away, instead, she looked me in the eyes with warmth and nodded.

I moved to lay down next to her and spoon her. Tonight I didn't want anything else but to cuddle her in my arms and make her feel safe and that was exactly what I did.

- "I love you Harley, so much." She said as she scooted closer to my embrace. Her back and my front were so pressed together that it seemed like we were one.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and our cheeks touched.

- "I love you more Alix. I'll never let anything bad happen to you ever again." I said kissing her on the side of her head and going back to the same position. After a while we fell asleep tired but content.

_______________________________________

What the hell is this? Who's shouting?

I woke up with Alix still in my arms but it seemed like outside her room someone was having a huge argument. I only realised that the voices of the people shouting belonged to our parents when I actually was 100 percent awaken.

- "You accepted their relationship?! Are you insane? They are sisters! And even if they weren't, Harley would never be a good person for my daughter to be with, she used to bring a diferent girl here everyday!" George shouted.

- "What's happening?" Alix woke up and asked in a raspy voice, but before I could answer, my mom shouted.

- "You have no right to say those things about MY daughter George. And yes! I accepted their relationship because they deserve to be happy and they are not sisters, never were! Can't you understand that? They never had that kind of relationship, we forced it on them." She responded making me want to get up and hug her. I had forgotten she accepted our relationship yesterday.

- "They're fighting because of us again?" Alix asked and I just nodded.

- "If they are not sisters then maybe we are not married as well Julie. I want Harley out of my house today! I don't want my daughter living with her, ever since she came back from being with your ex husband in Portugal, my daughter ran away with her, got rapped and has become a completely different person!" George shouted back making me sad. He was right, I knew he was.

Alix tried to get up from the bed, but I tightened my grip around her unconsciously.

- "Harley, I want to get up! He's not going to talk about you like this, I won't let him. I know he is my father, but he doesn't have the right to say those things about you." She said angry and trying to move, but my grip only got firmer around her.

- "What do you mean you want Harley out? She's my daughter and this is also my house!" Mom responded.

- "Either she gets out or me and Alix move away." George responded with an ultimatum.

- "Either you stop this nonsense or I'm filling for a divorce." My mom responded quickly.

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

Fuck! Divorce? That is not good. I can't let this happen. When my mom died, my dad was so out of himself that he almost tried to kill himself. If Julie does this, it will be the end of him. I can't do that to him, to them. We can't destroy their marriage.

- "Harley, please let me move." I said calmly now and that seemed to have an effect on her. Her arms didn't move from around me, but her grip got lose, giving me the possibility to stand up and move to the door, opening it.

When Julie and dad saw me, I could see how angry they both were. I saw my dad starting to cry and Julie as well, but before I could say anything my dad's eyes got wider and the angry expression came back while he looked in my direction.

- "What the hell is she doing in your room?!" He asked and I looked back, seeing Harley that had her head down and a sad look on her face.

It was hard to see everyone around me so sad, angry and unhappy. Tears started to run down my face as my brain worked and I made the most difficult decision I had ever made in my entire life. I turned around looking at Harley, ignoring my dads words.

- "I can't do this anymore, we're over Harley." I said tears starting to run down my face.

Before anyone could say anything or react, I went to the bathroom and locked myself inside. Falling to ground and sobbing until I had no more tears left. It's over.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

I'm tired, I'm so tired of everything. I'm exhausted. I can't do anything now, can I? I can't keep running after Alix, I can't be the only one fighting for this, for us, for our relationship to work. Maybe I should leave, maybe I should disappear, cause I'm pretty fucking sure I'm not needed right now. She just dumped me for the second time, but is it over?

As I stood still in my bed after 2 days of not eating or sleeping, a knock was heard and the door to my room opened. I looked to see who stood there, because a small part of me still believed Alix would get back to me and say she loved me, cause I was sure she did.

Instead, my mom stood there.

- "Mom, please leave, I just want to be alone." I said, my voice cracking in the last word. That's what I felt, like I was forgotten, alone, unloved, rejected.

My mom sighted and got inside, closing the door and moving towards me to embrace me. Instantly, I started to cry while she ran her fingers through my hair and tried to calm me down.

- "It's ok Harley, I'm here, I'm here." She repeated.

- "I know mom, but she's not, she just left me without even giving me a second to try and fight for her." I said as I continued to cry.

- "She loves you, she does, but she also loves her dad, it's her only family Harley, she had to choose. I wish she didn't have to, but she did what was right in her mind." My mom said making me think about my grandma.

Love requires sacrifice.

- "I can't stay here mom, I can't bare to see her everyday loving her the way I do and not being able to be with her. I need to leave." I said and could feel my mom tense. She stopped her fingers on my hair and now held ne at arms distance.

- "Harley, please don't. I know it's not easy, but please don't leave. Don't ruin your life because of this please. You still have school, you still have Liam and you have me, so please don't run away." She pleaded and I could see she was afraid, I understood something there, my mom needed me, she just didn't want to say it and put that weight on my shoulders.

- "Ok, you're right, I'll stay... Mom, do you think I should keep fighting for Alix?" I asked like I was a 10 year old.

She looked at me and caressed my face with a slight smile on hers.

- "I think your gradma would have known exactly what to say to you. If I should say something, then if your hurting and she's hurting you have to make the decision that will take the pain away." She responded simply.

I just nodded and after a few seconds said I was going to go to sleep. I was completely exhausted now and really needed to sleep on this. My mom went to her room while George once again slept in the living room, but I'm sure now he had a smile on his face because his daughter had left me and I was miserable.

_______________________________________

Alix's P.O.V.

- "Alix, can I talk to you". My dad said after he opened the door to my room.

I had been crying for way too long now, I was completely heartbroken, knowing I was hurting Harley the way I was. I loved her, more than life itself, and I knew she felt the same way, that's why this hurt so much, but my dad is the only person of my family I have left, I can't do this to him, I can't ruin his life, so I give up.

I didn't answer and he let himself in, moving towards me.

- "Alix, I know you're hurting, but this is for the best. Now I just have to make amends with Julie and we'll be a great family. A real one." He said, excitement in his voice.

- "But, I love her dad, I love her so much. This is the most painful thing I ever had to go through, can you understand that?" I said, tears flowing freely out of my eyes now.

- "You don't Alix, it's just a teenage crush. You will have a lot of them before you find your one true love, believe me. You have to let it go and search for someone new, someone to take your mind off of her. You can do it, I know you can." He said with an arm wrapped around me now.

Somehow I had to force myself to believe those words. To believe we're not meant to be, cause that would be the only way I could let her go, I could pretend I stopped loving her.

- "Ok dad, I'll try, but you have to sort things out with Julie and apologize to her for what you said about her daughter, this is not Harley's fault dad, none of it is, please don't treat her like it is." I said making me remember the night before I broke up with her.

That night would forever be my motivation to know that I don't deserve her, I don't deserve Harley, she gave everything she could to me and I left her. She deserves someone who can receive all of it and give it back to her.

- "Ok Alix, I will. Now sleep. You have school tomorrow. I'll give you a lift. Sleep tight sweetie. Bye." My dad said, kissing me and leaving.

I got in bed and fell asleep crying silently. I love you Harley but I will stop loving you so everyone can be happy.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

Two weeks have gone by. Me and Alix are still separated and it still hurts, I have to see her everyday. I know that when we smile we are both pretending to be happy. I know when we look at each other all we want is to tell the other "I love you". I know she still loves me and I've decided to give it one last shot, to make her understand that us being apart is wrong.

I skipped first period to go to my grandma's house. I've been packing some of her things to give away, but most of the time I just go there to cry and feel like I have her back to give me the answers to all of this, to talk to her, even though I know she can't hear me.

As I park my bike in front of school grounds and take my helmet off, I see Liam with one arm around June and the other against his chest in a cast. Luna is reprimanding Leo as he eats a sandwich and Alix is next to Matt, both of them laughing and talking.

Instantly I'm jealous, I know Matt likes her and I know she won't give him a chance but deep inside me I still think Alix is mine and to see anyone else making her happy makes me furious.

- "Hey H, you skipped first period. What happened?" Liam asked making everyone look at me.

- "Didn't feel like coming and I had to go somewhere. I'm going inside." I said not sparing a glance towards Alix and starting to move. I just couldn't pretend to be okay right now.

I moved towards my locker and after a minute or so I heard Alix's voice.

- "Where were you? You shouldn't be skipping class." She said calmly.

I did not answer. Just got all that I needed and started to move away. I was sure that if we had this conversation I wouldn't be able to stop myself from doing something stupid.

- "Harley." She said in a tired tone.

- "Can you stop please?" She said and for a second, I stopped, I thought maybe I could make her listen, I could make her change her mind.

- "What Alix? What do you want?" I responded now turning in her direction.

- "I, I... I want to talk. Can we go somewhere?" She asked nervous and I nodded.

We went inside a classroom and I put my things down, my next class was here.

- "Where were you?" She asked.

- "Why do you want to know, it's not like you care." I responded looking down.

- "Harley...-"

- "Tell me one thing Alix, why do you keep on doing this? Talking to me like it doesn't bother you, like you're ok. Like we're just friends?" I asked mad, getting closer to her.

- "Because that's what I want Harley, I want us to be friends, I don't want us to go back to hating each other like before." She responded looking down and giving me a chance to get even closer to her without her noticing.

- "I can't do that Alix. I can't pretend. I love you. I still love you after all that happ-" I said but was cut off.

- "Harley, don't. Don't say that, it will just complicate things again." She said still looking down.

- "No! You know why? Cause you love me! I know you still love me too." I said got even closer, now I could almost touch her.

- "Harley, stop, please." She said almost in a whisper.

- "Say it! Say you don't love me and I will stop. I'll stop trying, I'll stop chasing, I'll try and stop loving you." I said feeling confident.

She finally looked at me and our bodies were merely inches away from touching, the same as our lips. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could I had to remind her one last time that we were meant to be together, that we fit, like a puzzle, so I kissed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3K 34
Erotic romance rewrite of "Ride Me" The new story of Harley and Colten! You do NOT need to read the original to follow along to this one. *MATURE CO...
Chemistry By Teddy

Teen Fiction

5.9M 183K 44
The school knows Ezra as the mysterious badass who always speaks her mind, but the truth is that she is barely holding on. She is forced to work long...
27.4K 727 34
"Skylar...what about my brother?" The young brunette asked. "I don't give a fuck. I was taught to go after what I want. I want you." Skylar stated le...
14.1K 475 43
Completed 04/11/23 [CHAPTERS ARE SCHEDULED FOR EVERY SATURDAY 10AM UK] Harley Bennett thought she had the perfect life, stable job and a loving boyf...