Zodiac (Final Fantasy XV)

By CelestialShadowWolf

Zodia Xylia Caelum is the younger sister of Noctis. Unlike him, she has suffered from an illness since birth... More

|•I•|
|•II•|
|•III•|
|•IV•|
|•V•|
|•VI•|
|•VII•|
|•VIII•|
|•IX•|
|•X•|
|•XI•|
|•XII•|
|•XIII•|
|•XIV•|
|•XV•|
|•XVI•|
|•XVII•|
|•XVIII•|
|•XIX•|
|•XX•|
|•XXI•|
|•XXII•|
|•XXIII•|
|•XXIV•|
|•XXV•|
|•XXVI•|
|•XXVII•|
|•XXVIII•|
|•XXIX•|
|•XXX•|
|•XXXI•|
|•XXXII•|
|•XXXIII•|
|•XXXIV•|
|•XXXV•|
|•XXXVI•|
|•XXXVII•|
|•XXXVIII•|
|•XXXIX•|
|•XL•|
|•XLI•|
|•XLII•|
|•XLIV•|
|•XLV•|
|•XLVI•|
|•XLVII•|
|•XLVIII•|
|•XLIX•|
|•L•|
|•LI•|
|•LII•|
|•LIII•|
|•LIV•|
|•LV•|

|•XLIII•|

1.9K 57 7
By CelestialShadowWolf

~3rd Person POV~

Noctis headed to the dining car to regroup with Gladio and Ignis. As he maneuvered through the train cars, his gaze kept falling to Zodia's staff. Once he found the others, their gazes fell upon him. When they saw the familiar staff, their eyes widened.

"Where-How'd you get Zodia's staff?" Gladio asked.

"Snatched it from that bastard of a chancellor when he decided to make another appearance." He held out the staff towards Ignis. "I want you to hang on to it."

Hesitantly, Ignis took the staff from Noctis. "Are you sure about this, Noct?"

He nods gradually. "Yeah, I'm sure. Give it back to her once we find her."

Ignis clutched the staff securely. He stared at the intricate weapon before dispelling and adding it to his arsenal. Noctis sat next to his advisor, delving into complete silence. After what seemed like hours, Ignis spoke up. "We should be drawing close to Gralea."

"Yeah," Noctis said.

Gladio leaned back in his seat, heaving a deep sigh. "I can't imagine what it'll be like."

"Swarming with daemons, but you knew that," Noctis states.

"Don't remind me," the shield grumbles.

"Once we arrive, we'll make for the Keep," the tactician informs the others.

At a complete loss, Noctis arched a brow at Ignis. "The Keep?"

"Zegnautus. An imperial megafortress said to be impregnable."

"With Prompto, Zodia, and the Crystal inside it."

"What goes in, must come out," the brute exclaims. "So, are we buying this story that the Crystal can purge daemons?"

"The proof is in the purging, but it does stand to reason. We've observed that as the nights have grown longer, the daemon hordes have grown stronger. If they are in fact averse to the Crystal's Light, it could save not only Lucis, but the world," Ignis states matter-of-factly.

Noctis shrugs. "We'll find out once we take it back."

Suddenly, the train comes screeching to a halt. The trio looks around, confused at the unscheduled stop.
"The hell?" Gladio murmurs. They jolt up from their seats and head to the cabin car. Passing the large windows, they began to crack as the train car shook.
"What now?" The shield vociferates.

The loudspeaker came on with Biggs on the other end. "City's trying to keep us out... with the daemons." Then, small daemons swarmed to the windows. "Gotta run! Don't worry about us."

A single daemon broke through the glass, landing in front of Noctis. When he tried to summon his sword, nothing appeared in his hand. Gladio notices the prince's dilemma as he stared at his empty hand. "What's wrong?"

"The weapons... they're stuck!"

As the daemon charges forward, Gladio grabs Noctis and pulls him to safety. The brute kicked the creature in the face, allowing them time to escape.

Dashing through the train cars, the trio tries to escape the horde of daemons chasing them. While running, Ignis dodged daemons and spoke as he did. "Only a matter of time before we run out of room to run!"

"Got a better idea?" Noctis interrogates the strategist.

"We trade the train for the Regalia!"

"C'mon!" Gladio bellows, dodging a daemon attack.

"On my way!" The prince hollers back.

"Noct! The freight car!" The royal advisor roars at the raven haired boy.

"Keep moving!"

The trio make it to the freight car and into the Regalia. Noctis gets behind the wheel while Gladio gets in the passenger's seat and Ignis hops in the back. "Strap in," Noctis said as he starts the engine.

"Gun it!" The shield shouts.

The prince drives the Regalia out of the freight car and out onto the train tracks. Suddenly, an automated message rings out. "Threat upgraded. Activating level four security measures. Sealing all gates." The three realize the defense system has now begun sealing the entrances to Gralea. "Put the pedal to the metal!" Gladio bellows from the passenger's seat.

"That's the idea!" Noctis snaps back.

"Don't crash!"

"Thanks for the tip," Noctis sighs with annoyance.

The Regalia flies through a dark tunnel and across a bridge. As they were crossing the metal structure, they became the target for artillery strikes. Missing them, a small explosion shook the car as it landed next to them. Noctis gritted his teeth as he dodged more artillery strikes. "They're trying to blow us off the tracks."

Gladio stared out the window and watched the explosions around them. "One clean hit and it's over."

"It'll take a bit more than that to stop His Majesty's trusty steed," Ignis voices from the backseat.

The artillery strikes became more accurate, forcing Noctis to weave across the tracks. An imperial drop ship catches their eyes as it fell from the sky. "Dodging one thing to run into another," Gladio huffed.

"The Regalia can take the punishment. Just focus on your driving," Ignis said, his eyes trained on Noctis.

More artillery strikes target them, one hitting its mark. The Regalia was slowly being engulfed with flames. Noctis' fingers strained against the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. "You can do it, girl. You can get through this."

As the Regalia closes in on the gate, several more strikes land directly on the car. "It's closing! Floor it!" Gladio hollers.

"C'mon, old girl..."

Just as the gate was about to close, the Regalia slipped through. One final artillery strike hit the car, the entire vehicle now catching fire. Noctis slammed on the brakes and the royal retinue scrambled out of the car, watching as the flames shrouded the Regalia. "That's all she's got," Gladio said in a low voice.

"It'll do," Noctis replied. Before heading to the wreckage of a train, the prince turned and faced the vehicle one last time. A memory flashed through his mind, a smile gracing his features. "Dad... Thanks for everything. I'll bring both of them back, safe and sound."

-Zegnautus Keep (with Prompto)-

Hanging his head, Prompto stared at the ground. Being strapped into such a metal device provided him no movement at all. The boy could only look around as he finally stopped struggling against his restraints. The only thought in his mind was what would the others think about his secret. He tried to think positive, but his thoughts kept veering back to the shadows. Closing his eyes, he prayed the others were safe and he would get to see them soon.

Prompto's head snapped upwards when he heard the sound of footsteps. He didn't get his hopes up as he already knew who the footfalls belonged to. Along with the clacking of heels against the floor, the boy also heard the sound of something dripping and hissing.

When Ardyn came into view, he was accompanied by a terrifying daemon he had never seen before. The creature walked on all fours next to the grinning chancellor. Prompto's eyes never left the daemon as it and the man came to a halt in front of his cell. The dripping and hissing he heard was the sound of the daemon. The creature's body was dripping as if it were melting and its pitch black eyes were wide and unblinking. He could barely make out the horns of the daemon as they blended in to its body. A sharp hissing left the monster every now and then when it opened its large mouth.

"I've brought a minuscule surprise for you, dear Prompto. You've been quite lonely for a few days and I've brought you company," Ardyn said, gesturing to the daemon.

"I don't need the company of a daemon," Prompto retorts, venom dripping from each word.

"Ah, it's not what's on the outside that counts. It's what's inside that truly matters."

Prompto was mystified at the chancellor's word. Ardyn's grin widened as his eyes fell to the daemon beside him. Curios, Prompto directed his gaze to the creature just as the monster stood on its hind legs and something began to fall out of its chest. His eyes widened as he was able to make out the silhouette of a person. The person fell to the ground, still obscured by the black ooze from the daemon's body. As the substance fell from the person, Prompto gasped as he knew who it was. "Z-Zodia!"

Hearing her name, the princess opened her eyes slowly and tried to push herself off the floor. Weakly, she was able to finally sit up straight and glance at her surroundings. When her heterochromia eyes landed on Prompto, they widened and she crawled over to the cell. Using the bars as support, she was able to get to her feet. "P-Prompto, where are we?"

"In Zegnautus Keep. W-Why were in that thing?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"It's a Talmoruth. I-It uses its body as a prison for those of the zodiac bloodline. It prevents me from calling upon the zodiacs and using my spells."

"How long have you been inside it?"

"I-I don't know."

Ardyn steps in and answer's the boy's question. "A few days. Now, Prompto, cease the questioning and tell your dear princess what you truly are."

"I-I... No, I can't tell her." Prompto shook his head, tears in the corners of his eyes.

"Prompto, you can tell me anything. You may be Noct's best friend, but you're also mine."

Prompto stared into her eyes, a few tears slipping down his cheeks. He took a deep breath and looked anywhere but at Zodia. "I'm... I'm one of those disgusting things. An MT that was supposed to kill. I'm a complete monster."

"Don't you dare...." The boy's eyes locked onto Zodia as her voice became dangerously low. After a few seconds, her low tone turned into a shout. "Don't you dare, Prompto Argentum!" Shock filled him as he watched tears cascade down her cheeks. "You are not a monster and you never will be! I don't care if you're an MT. You're Prompto Argentum before anything or anyone else. You haven't raised a finger against an innocent. You're not a monster like those other cruel daemons. You're you-the cheerful, lovable, camera extraordinaire Prompto! I don't care one bit about your origins. And I can tell you this: the others think the same way."

"Zodia..." Prompto meekly called her name as the tears began flowing at her kind words.

Her eyes never left his as Ardyn began to clap. "A beautiful display, indeed. Unfortunately, our time here has ended. We have other guests to welcome." The chancellor snapped his fingers and the daemon set its sight on the princess.

"No! Don't do this to her!" Prompto begs, desperately trying to break free as he watches the sable tendrils head towards Zodia. He looks on with fear as the appendages wrap around her body and pull her towards the daemon. Zodia struggles against her restraints as the daemon hissed loudly. "Stop! Let her go!" Fighting harder against the metal device, Prompto's tears were held back by pure rage.

"I cannot fulfill such a selfish request, my boy. Such a powerful being cannot be allowed liberation within these walls," Ardyn grinned.

Prompto watched in horror and rage as Zodia was absorbed into the daemon's body. He wanted to shout at the top of his lungs, but he knew it wouldn't do anything. The only thing he would accomplish would be fueling Ardyn's satisfaction. The boy fell limp, refusing to look at the chancellor. "You bastard..."

"Come now, Prompto. You will see her again very soon."

"She's done nothing wrong."

"It is not what she is to do now. It is for what she will accomplish in the future."

Prompto still refuses to show Ardyn his expression as the man chuckled maliciously. "For now, I bid you adieu." His tips his hat and leaves with the daemon in tow. Before the monsters left his line of sight, he sent them a ferocious glare. Once out of sight and he could no longer hear their footsteps, Prompto cursed them loudly. Tiring himself out from the yelling, he began to mutter under his breath. "I know Noct will come for both of us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 134 39
A brand-new fanfic based on the hugely-popular Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive franchises by renowned company Square Enix. Join some of the most pop...
60K 1.7K 24
Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book one in the short "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" series Noctis x Reader **Small note: NOCTIS AND LUNA ARE NOT ENGAGE...
592 0 11
The events begin as always, with the attack on Tenebrae. Except a young girl interferes with the attempt on Queen Sylva Via Fleuret life all stand in...
1.1M 27K 200
*Book 1 of 2* One shots with Noctis, Prompto, Gladiolus, and Ignis. What else is there to say? This will also contain crossovers with Kingdom Hearts...