Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 5 - I Hate Him
Chapter 6 - Family Night
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 9 - Engagement
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 13 - Reception
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 10 - Mehendi

174 16 11
By dezertroze

Hey everyone...here's the next part...the beginning of the functions with lots of fun...

NOTE: I know many people skip through lyrics of songs but you'll be missing out on a some fun if you skip these lyrics...they've been re-written with new words for fun... and do keep in mind that the songs are all old because this was written a long time ago...enjoy!

_______________

...The few weeks flew past really quickly and both families were very busy with wedding preparations. Anjali's wedding dress which Riddhima had designed was made and looked very elegant. The half term holidays came very quickly and Atul and Anjali had become very close during this time. The first five days of the holidays flew by with lots of last minute preparations, shopping and decorations...

...On the sixth day of the holiday the Mehendi ceremony was being held at the Gupta house in the evening. Anjali, Riddhima, Muskaan, Nikita, Radha, Nishi, Natasha and Sapna and a few other girls were sitting in the living room and conservatory applying their mehendi and having fun by cracking jokes and teasing Anjali.

While the girls; were having fun inside; the boys where outside in the garden helping Shashank to put up the tent with the help of members of The Khushi Events team. This was Shashank's business; they organised parties, weddings and other functions.

They had spread out and were working hard to get their jobs done; Armaan had gone inside as he was told to grab something from the kitchen, he was making his way back outside and taking a peek into the living room where the girls were sitting. His eyes fell onto Riddhima who was smiling and laughing, he unknowingly smiled at the sight but it was suddenly washed away when someone walked into him pushing him back. He looked up to see who it was before he said anything.

"Watch where you're going..." Vivik said angrily.

Armaan didn't want to create a scene here so he stepped back and let Vivik in before going out but instead Vivik stepped up to Armaan's height; "She's my girl...you best stay away..."

Armaan sneered at Vivik and they both looked as they were going to lash out at any moment, then Armaan decided to leave this matter for the moment and walked back outside.

Unknowingly to both of them Riddhima had witness this small scene and had become a little scared. Armaan went back to working in the garden with the guys until late in the evening; they finally settled down to relax after some time.

Rahul stood in front of the boys who were chilling; "Guys there's still things to do...we need to do up the tent?"

Abhi was very tired; "Kya (what) Rahul...how much more are we going to put up...can't you see it's already up..." he huffed.

Atul laughed; "He's right Rahul...it's already up..." he looked at the tent that the guys had fixed; "...not bad guys..."

Rahul frowned; "I'm talking about the decorations?"

"Tum ladki ho kya?" (Are you a girl?) Abhi was annoyed; "...Toh joa...lagalo decorations... (then go and put up the decorations)...I'm wacked out...I can't lift another finger..." he leaned back in his chair next to Armaan; "...the rest of the work can be done by the professionals...after all they're getting paid...we're not..."

Aagam sighed; "Actually you're right Abhi..."

"Ammy...you're very quiet...what are you thinking?" Atul looked at him.

"Kuch nahi..." (Nothing) Armaan was also very tired.

Abhi suddenly sat up; "I'm bored...chal andhar chalte hain..."(Come let's go inside)

"Kya...kaise jaoge tum...ladies function hain..."(What...how are you going to get in...it's a ladies function) Rahul said in surprise.

Armaan looked towards the house; "Not a bad idea Abhi...chal..." (come) he got up.

Atul turned to him; "Armaan...ladies function hain..." (It's a ladies function)

"Are you not bored?" Armaan looked at Rahul and Atul.

"Yeah actually...I'm bored too..." Rahul looked at Atul and Aagam.

Atul got up; "Chalo..." (Come on) and Aagam nodded with a sneaky grin.

"Let's go..." Armaan lead the way and they all snuck over towards the conservatory door.

The door was open and Armaan poked his head through the door where he could only see Riddhima sitting on the floor with another girl who was applying mehendi to her hands. His noticed a basket of ladies outfits on the chair closest to the door and grabbed the basket.

"Here you go guys..." Armaan started to pull outfits from the basket.

"Yeh kya hain?" (What's this?) Abhi picked up a skirt and looked at it weirdly.

Rahul grinned; "It's a skirt...andhar chalna hai toh pehenlo..." (if you want to go inside then put it on)

Aagam; "I'm not wearing this stuff..."

"Me neither...all the best guys..." Abhi looked at Armaan and Rahul who had skirts on and was putting dupattas over their head to cover their faces.

Rahul shrugged; "Suit yourself...I thought you wanted to go in..." he said to Abhi.

Abhi laughed as he looked at Rahul's outfit; "Not like this...you look ridiculous!"

"Thanks dude..." he replied sarcastically.

Armaan turned back to the house; "I'm going...you guys coming?"

Aagam pulled on a skirt quickly; "I am..."

"I'm going to sit right here...tumhe jaana hai to jao..." (if you want to go then go) Atul sat just outside of the conservatory door.

Rahul followed; "Chal Armaan..." (Come on Armaan)

"Wait...I'm coming..." Abhi grabbed a dupatta from the basket and threw it over his head.

The four boys snuck into the conservatory and sat together in a huddle so that no one would recognise them but Rahul had poked his head a little too high to look for Muskaan and Riddhima had noticed them.

She got up and walked over to them; "What are you guys doing here...don't you know this is a ladies function?" she asked with a frown.

Hearing Riddhima's voice from outside Atul walked in and looked at all of them and started laughing.

Armaan took off his dupatta and skirt; "Of course we know..."

"But Ridz this is not fair...we were really bored outside that's why we wanted to come in and have some fun..." Abhi looked over her shoulder at the girl who was applying Riddhima's mehendi.

"Yeah Ridz...andhar ane do na..." (let us come in) Rahul looked over her other shoulder to find Muskaan, he smiled as he saw her coming towards them; "...hey Muskaan..."

Muskaan raised her eyebrow; "Tum log yahan kya kar rahe ho?" (What are you guys doing here?)

Atul spoke up from behind; "Yeh log andhar ana chahte hain..." (These guys want to come in)

"Kya bro...you wanted to come in as well..." Armaan turned to him.

Riddhima frowned again; "No way...you can't come in...go find some work to do..."

"C'mon Ridz...please!" Abhi begged.

Nikita walked towards them to find out what was happening; "What's going on...and what are the guys doing here...?" she looked at Riddhima.

Muskaan turned to her; "They want to come in..."

Nikita was shocked; "KYA? Bilkul nahi!" (What? No Way!)

Armaan pleaded; "Oh c'mon Niki please...let us come in..."

On seeing the boys begging Radha walked over with a sneaky smile; she put her hand over Riddhima's ears and whispered something which made them both smile; she then whispered the same thing to Muskaan and Nikita who also smiled.

Nikita smiled; "Okay...okay..."

"Andhar ana chahte ho toh..." (If you want to come in) Riddhima cheekily nodded.

Muskaan and Radha said in unison; "...Toh paisa dena parega..." (You have to pay up)

All the boys shouted out at once; "WHAT? NO WAY!!"

Nikita fumed; "Okay then...go back outside..."

Rahul was annoyed; "C'mon that's not fair!"

Muskaan smiled sweetly at him; "Of course it is..."

Atul moved to the front of the crowd; "Okay...how much?"

"Yeh huwi na baat Jiju..." (That's nice Jiju) Radha gave him a sweet smile.

Armaan turned to him in shock; "Bhai? What are you doing...hum kuch bhi dene wale nahi hain..." (...we're not paying you anything)

"Toh phir yahan kyon kare ho...joa!" (Then why are you standing here...go) Riddhima told him.

"Okay go on then...how much?" Abhi gave in.

Nikita grinned; "100...each!"

All the boys shouted again; "WHAT??? PAGAL HOGAYI HAIN KYA?" (Have you gone mad?)

Muskaan spoke up; "Okay...200 between the four of us..."

Rahul shook his head; "No way! That's too much..."

"Okay...100...among us three..." Radha told them.

Aagam spoke up; he was the youngest of the lot and he turned to Riddhima; "Do you think we have that much?"

"Theek hain (fine) ...give us whatever you have..." she said.

The boys, apart from Armaan, searched through their pockets.

Aagam held out a £5 note and Radha took it from him.

"I only have £5..." Abhi said taking out the note from his pocket and Nikita snatched it from him; "...hey!"

Rahul said; "£10..." he held it up and Muskaan took it from him.

Atul handed a £20 note loving to Riddhima who smiled then turned to look at Armaan; "Aur tum?" (And you?)

Armaan shrugged; "Kuch nahi hain mere paas..." (I don't have anything)

Riddhima frowned at him; "Jhoot mat bol..." (Don't lie)

Armaan looked in his pocket and took out a coin; £2... Riddhima looked at it.

All the boys walked into the house and as Armaan walked past Riddhima she said; "Cheap!"

They both gave each other a cunning look and carried on inside; when they had all settled down in the living room they decided that they would play a game and make the evening more fun.

"Let's play dum charades..." Aagam said.

"Yea that's a good one..." Rahul agreed.

"How can we play dum charades...?" Nikita held her hand out to show her mehendi.

Muskaan spoke up; "Antakshri?"

Abhi shook his head; "Is that all you girls know?"

"What's this got to do with girls?" Radha said defensively.

"Theek hain...toh tum koi idea do..." (Fine...you guys give us an idea) Riddhima said.

They all looked at each other thinking of a game.

Armaan finally spoke up; "I have an idea..." he walked over to the study table where there was some paper. He wrote everyone's name on small pieces of paper and placed them all in a bowl then came back to the others with it. "Okay...what we have to do is...each person chooses a chit and the person's name that is on the chit you have to sing a song which describes that person or leave a message for the person through a song...get it?"

Everyone seemed excited and they all found a comfortable place to sit and before they started the game. Riddhima turned to the other girls and called them over to join them; "Nishi Dii...Natz Masi...Sapna didi aap bhi aye na..." (come and join us)

Nishi and Natasha came over to play with gang while Sapna stayed seated with Anjali. They all sat in a circle and began to hand the bowl to each other until the music stopped.

When the music stopped for the first time the bowl was in Nikita's hand; she picked out a chit, looked at the name and thought for a minute.

Then she started to sing Girls Are Best from the film Chura Liya Hai Tumne; "Tum se hai zamaana saara...Maanenge kabhi hum nahi...Jo karoge usse behtar kar dikhaayenge hum vahin...Girls are best, jaan lo, baat yeh maan lo...Hum na ho jahan mein...Kuch na kar paaoge...Kis pe mar mitoge...Kisse tum itraaoge...Girls are best, jaan lo, baat yeh maan lo..."

Natasha nudged her; "Abhi ke liye tha..." (That was for Abhi) Nikita nodded and all the girls started laughing.

Abhi shrugged it off; "Okay...whatever...let's carry on!"

The music started up again and the bowl was passed around and stopped at the Abhi. He took a chit, looked at the name and sang Ladki Kyon from the film Hum Tum; "Ladki kyon na jaane kyon ladko si nahin hoti...Soch thi hai zyada...Kham woh samajh thi hai...Dil kuch kehta hai...Kuch aur hi karti hai...Ladki kyon na jaane kyon ladko si nahin hoti..."

All the guys agreed to his song while the girls ignored them and made faces.

Armaan smiled; "That's got to be one of the best songs ever!"

The music came on and the bowl was passed around again; this time it stopped on Muskaan; she took out a chit, read the name and smiled. She began to sing Yeh Ladka Hai Dewaana from the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai; "Hai, hai re hai yeh ladka...Hai, hai re hai...Karta naadaniyaan kyun poocho to haye...Dekho, dekho paagal hai yeh...Haan bachke zara rehna...Yeh aisa hai phir bhi...Apna isko maana...Yeh ladka hai deewana...Hai deewana..."

While Muskaan was singing Rahul couldn't help but smile and winked at her. The music had come on again and the bowl was passed around and stopped at Aagam; he took out a chit that read: All boys sing to Anjali and started to sing Nain Katari by Band of Boys..."Nain katari akiyaan...ho...nain katari akiyaan..."

All the boys stood up and went over to where Anjali was applying her mehendi and watching them and they began to sing; "Nain katari akiyaan...ho...nain katari akiyaan...Tera mukhra jaise chaand taara...Tera bola bala roop kawara...Zakhme huwa hai dil bechara...I just wanna love you...Tere nain katari meri lam dulhari...Tere nain katari meri lam dulhari..."

They had all sat back down and carried on with the game. The next time the music stopped the bowl was in Riddhima's hands; she took a chit from the bowl and it read: Armaan.

She thought for a while and then began to sing out loud changing the words a little...Khabi Khabi from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane na; "Khabi, khabi to lage zindagi main rahi na kushi aur na maza..." she made silly expressioons while singing; "...Khabi, khabi to lage har din mushkil aur har pal ek saza...Aise main koi kaise muskuraye aur haste kush hoke...Aise main koi kaise sochte everything's gonna be okay...Kyunke jabse tum aye tabse aisa lagta hai ke koi bandhar hume pareshan kar rahe hai..."

All the girls started laughing at Riddhima's thoughts about Armaan and she gave Nikita a high five with her free hand which didn't have mehendi. Armaan looked at her thinking of how he would get her back in his own time.

Everyone was enjoying the game and the bowl stopped at Radha; she took a chit out and read: To All Boys and she began to sing Ajab Si from OSO, changing the words a little; "Aankhon mein tere...ajab si ajab si adayein hai...Tumko jo dikha bagh gayi sab ladkiya...Aisi hai teri yeh adaayein hai..."

All the girls were laughing madly then the music started up again and the bowl stopped at Rahul. He took out a chit that read: Muskaan and began to sing My Dil Goes Mmmm from the movies Salaam Namaste; "My dil goes mmmmmm...Ha thodi alag si hain...Ha thodi galat si hain...Aisi bhi hogi woh aisa na socha tha...Kyon lagta hain yeh apna...Yeh sach hain ya hain sapna...Dar lagta hain kahi ho na jaaye jooth...My dil goes mmmmmm....My dil goes mmmmmm...."

They all applauded at his amazing voice and he smiled sweetly at Muskaan as the game carried on. The music was turned on once again and when it stopped the bowl landed in Nishi's hand; she took out a chit that read: Anjali and she began to sing Saayian from the film U, Me aur Hum; "Tumne toh manga tha...Saheli jaisa Saaiyan..."

The girls stood up; they walked over to Anjali and sang together; "Haye bhoola, bhoola sa rehta hai...Chulha, chulha sa rehta hai...Nayi dilli mein bareli jaisa saiyan...Bareli jaisa saiyan...Bareli jaisa saiyan...Ho tumne to manga tha...Saheli jaisa saaiyan..."

They all settled back down and the music started up again. This time the bowl stopped in Armaan's hand; he took out a chit hoping that it was the one he wanted. He peeked at it and smiled to himself; he stood up and walked towards Riddhima, he held his hand out and she took it looking at the others wondering what he's up to.

He began to sing and dance with Riddhima; he sang the song So Right from the film Roadside Romeo but he changed all the words; "Tu mere paas hai...oh what a sight..." he spun her around clumsily; "...Tu mere saath hain...oh such a fright..." then dropped her on the ground and hid his face in his hands; "...Kaise kahoon kissi se main ke mera haal hai so, so tight..." he walked over to the boys and made a frightened expression; "...Mujhe kya hogaye hai...Jitna dikho tujhe...bhaagne ko dil kare..." he teased her then he walked back to Riddhima and held her in his arms continuing the song; "...Tu mere paas hai...oh what a sight, Tu mere saath hain...oh such a fright..." he took a moments break then goes close to her and carried on; "...Kahno main keh gayi tu jo...teri woh baat hai soo soo light...Mujhe kya hogaye hai..." he let go of her and held onto his head pretending to faint.

Everyone was rolling around with laughter but Riddhima didn't find it funny; she was really angry. But the game carried on and the bowl stopped in Atul's hand; he took a chit out and read: Anjali and he began to sing quietly, he sang the song Oh Ajnaabi from the movie Main Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon but changed the words; "Oh Anjali...meri Anjali...Na jaane ayi tum kaha se, itna pyar layi tum kaha se...Yeh raat bhi, hai saji saji...oh Anjali meri Anjali...Oh Anjali tere dil churane aya hoon....Oh Anjali tere neend churane aya hoon....Oh Anjali ...meri Anjali..."

Everyone applauded and smiled at him and the game carried on. The bowl stopped at Riddhima and she took out a chit that read: For Everyone and she began to sing; "Humse haseen, humse khushi, hain humise zindagi...Taare hum zameen par le aye hum laye hain roshini..."

The girls joined in; "Dill jahan, dost waha...Aisa manzar aur kahan..."

Everyone else started to sing; "Hum to chale te dost banke...Jaane kahan Dill Mill Gayye..."

Everyone clapped and stood up and danced; out of nowhere Armaan started to sing which made them all stop and look over at him; "Ladka yeh kehta hai ladki se..." he stared at Riddhima; "...Hooton pe khabi khabi hasi se..." he moved closer to her; "...Aya hoon dor se..." she looked around feeling uncomfortable; "...Karne main dosti...Haath milalo ajnabee se...Jaana lo, manna lo, chehra mera...pehchanlo..."

As Armaan was a few inches away from her she felt something which she had never felt before and wondered what was happening to her but she hoped that he would not come any closer, she closed her eyes but he carried on singing walking right past her and moving towards Anjali.

"Ladka yeh kehta hai ladki se..." Armaan bowed down in front of Anjali.

Everyone else is looked at him in shock as he ended the song, Anjali smiled at his sweetness and he turned to look at the others...

"Kya guys..." he held up a chit; "...ek chit baki tha!" (There was one more paper) they all smiled at him and continued dancing and having a good time.

They had dinner after the game and later there was lots of singing and dancing with the rest of the family where the gang performed on the track Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna from Dilwale Dulhania Leh Jayenge... 

_______________

So guys...I really hope you all enjoyed this Mehendi Chapter...and all the songs...please let me know if you would like a translation in English for the songs...

Please comment and vote...more fun on the way!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 26.4K 41
~Bhuva Agarwal~ Meet this bubbly and charming girl who brings a smile on everyone's face. Fiesty yet innocent, sweet yet sarcastic, loyal and stubbor...
34.4K 1.6K 43
Varia_nv's first book! Bollywood House❤️{Regular updates} on Wattpad. #1 in Valia (12-9-2019 - 15-10-2019!!)) #1 in Parineeti (8-01-19 until 6-02-19...
52.5K 1.6K 40
You know how most of the indian girls are, obeying parents, staying at home, minding their business. Rhea was no different. But there wouldn't be a...
299K 15.6K 31
Madiha Shah, a young woman from a middle-class family, finds her life unexpectedly entangled with the illustrious Zafar Shah Abraar, a prominent busi...