Vindicta

By Feisty_Freak

Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close prox... More

Prologue
Not All Sundays Are Good
The Meeting
Another Step
Laughing Pumpkins
The Talk
Announcement
Price Residence (Part 1)
Price Residence (Part 2)
The Day
Horny Creeps
High-on-steroids
Dinner Da--?
Fails
Alone
Capture
Grasping Situation
The Party (Part 1)
The Party (Part 2)
Jealous
Not Done
Break Me Again
He Cares
Falling
Different
Earrings
Party Poopers
Under A Spell
Locked
Guilty
Deep Trouble
Pepper Spray
Unknown Number
Introduction
Only I Do
The Truth
Brother
The Sullivans
Wine Cellar
Baby Talks
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Nick's Trouble
Signing with FicFun

Memory Lane

88.7K 3.4K 537
By Feisty_Freak

Chapter Thirty Nine - Memory Lane

"Missed me, love?"

Thump. Thump.

Is that my heartbeat?

Was I dreaming?

I watched in surprise as the last person I was expecting to see at the party walked in my direction.

Heat surged through my body as I took in his appearance. He was wearing an immaculate suit, his hair styled back neatly yet making him look like a hot mess at the same time. But it was his tie that caught my attention.

It was the same black tie I had gifted him in Barbados.

But how does he have it? I thought we left it there when I threw it at him in my drunken state.

He kept my gift?

And why was he wearing it now?

I lifted my gaze up to his face.

His blue eyes flickered with amusement. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Alec....," I trailed off.

There was merely an inch left between us and I found myself shifting back unless my back came in contact with the wall and he caged me with his arms.

I took in a deep breath as his piercing gaze scrutinized my face.

"You said you would come back," He muttered.

I gulped, not knowing what to say.

"I stopped by at your house. Heard you didn't wanna see me," He spoke in his deep husky voice.

His nose nuzzled against my cheek, making my legs turn to jelly and I held my breath.

"Is that true?" He whispered.

I shut my eyes when his lips came in contact with my jaw. My hands lifted up to his shoulders in an involuntary move.

I felt his fingers brush against my neck and I shivered in delight when his minty breath fanned against my lips.

"Why didn't you come back, Scarlet?" He whispered in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

"I-uh-I needed time."

"It's been a week. Did you not miss me at all?" His tone was accusing.

If only you knew, Alec.

He gave my waist a gentle squeeze. "Did you not miss anything about me?"

"Alec, please let me go-" I was cut short when his lips fell on mine.

I shut my eyes to savour the entirety of him after so long. He kissed me softly and tangled his fingers in my hair, pulling at them gently. I let out a moan when his other hand started rubbing circles at the base of my neck.

"Alec," I moaned softly when he hoisted me up in his arms and trailed kisses along my jawline.

I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Scarlet?" He spoke in between breaths.

"Yeah?"

"Please come back home," He muttered. "I've missed you."

My heart skipped a beat.

I opened my eyes to find him looking at me with the most truthful look ever and that's when I felt a lump forming in my throat.

Before I could control my emotions, a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Just......let me go," I broke into a tiny sob, which caused him to frown and wipe the tears away. He put me down and I attempted to walk away from him but he caged me with his arms once more.

"Talk to me," He searched for my eyes.

"You.....," I trailed off.

"What?" He asked softly.

I let out a breath. "You hurt me."

His expression fell and a look of hurt crossed his face.

"I know and I'm sorry-"

"No, Alec. I know what you went through and all that stuff you did, I forgive you for that."

"Then what is the problem? You know I love you."

I pressed my lips into a thin line.

He cupped his palms around my cheeks. "And I know that you love me too."

I nodded. "I just need some time."

His lips pulled up into a scowl.

"Why?"

"To think."

"Think what?" He snapped.

I let out a sigh. "Nothing. Just give me some more time, okay?"

"I already gave you a week, Scarlet. I don't think I can go back to an empty apartment anymore. I need you," He took my hand in his and placed it over his heart. "Please."

I reluctantly pulled my hand away.

Alec seemed hurt once again.

"You promised," He muttered.

"What?"

"In Barbados, when I was drunk and you put me to bed, you said that I might be a douchebag but you promised that I was never going to be alone anymore. Why are you leaving me alone now?"

He heard that. I felt a sting in my heart. I loved him.

I loved him more than anything.

"What is the problem? Do you not love me anymore?" He spoke in a low voice.

"You know that's not true," I side stepped him and walked towards one of the shelves.

He suddenly grabbed me by my shoulders and turned me around, pinning me to his chest.

"Why are you doing this?" He snapped.

I yanked out of his grip and pushed him away. "Don't you see?" I snapped.

"No," He shouted.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

"You're a very vindictive person, Alec," I snapped.

"I've changed-"

"Maybe! Maybe not. You're not the person I thought of you. Don't you see it? Everything since the beginning was just a game for you. You lied to me. About everything. At one point, even about your feelings for me. I don't even know what to think of you anymore," I snapped.

"I really wanna get back with you but I just have to make sure you're not going to do something like that again. And I need time to make up my mind for that."

He looked at me as if I was an alien object to him. Like he didn't recognize me.

"Don't you trust me? Do you think I'm going to hurt you?" He muttered.

I let out an exasperated breath.

"No, Alec, no. I'm just looking out for-" I stopped abruptly.

"For?" He asked.

I bit my lip in thought and when I did not say anything, he raised a brow at me.

"Are you making excuses?" He asked. "To not be with me-"

"For our baby."

I shut my eyes for a moment. I promised myself to not drop it on him like that. Dammit!

I opened my eyes and stared at Alec's face for a reaction but there was none. He just kept staring at me blankly as if trying to contemplate what I just said.

I waited for him to say something or even react but nothing. It's like someone froze him with a magic spell.

Then, after about half a minute, he finally blinked.

Thank God! I was about to dial the emergency number.

He opened his mouth and muttered something incoherent to which I raised a brow in confusion.

He cleared his throat and spoke again. "Our what?"

"Our baby," I muttered.

"Y-you are...you're..? Our....? What? Wait. What did you say?"

I shouldn't have found humor in a situation like that.

I bit my lip to stop a smile.

"I'm pregnant, Alec," I said. "And yes, it's yours," I added, being the idiot I am.

He chose to ignore the last line as his eyes grew wide, then fell on my belly and then he looked up at me again.

"Baby? Ours?" His lips stretched into a grin too ridiculous for a grown man.

I nodded.

"I'm going to become a father?" He let out a surprised laugh.

"Yes," I laughed.

My heart warmed at his reaction. A part of me was worried he wouldn't have liked it and now I considered myself stupid for even thinking that.

He took a long stride in my direction and pulled me in his arms.

"I love you," He started raining kisses on my face and finally gave me a long, sweet kiss. "Thank you so much."

I smiled at him.

"Please come home with me," He begged.

My smile dropped.

"I-I don't-"

"Please."

"Alec-"

"Wait," He seemed to have realized something as he let go of me and took a step back. "You said you don't wanna come home because you're looking out for our baby, right?"

I nodded.

"Our baby, Scarlet. It's mine too. How could you ever think I could hurt my own child?" He scowled at me.

"That's not what I meant-"

"And when did you find out?" He cut me off again.

"Last week."

"Before leaving me?" He raised a brow.

"No. I found out at dad's," I cleared.

"When the hell were you planning to tell me? What if I hadn't come here today? Would you have told me about this?"

"Of course, Alec. I would have told you....eventually."

He narrowed his eyes for a moment. "I can't believe you were keeping this from me. You didn't think it was necessary to tell me about my own child?"

Okay! Maybe I was wrong.

"I'm sorry I just...," I muttered.

"Just what?" He asked, annoyed.

I stood there in silence, completely aware of my mistake.

"You know what? I've had enough. You're coming home with me right now," He took my hand and started walking towards the door, producing a small key from his pocket.

So I was right. This was dad's and Alec's plan.

"You've talked to my dad," I muttered.

He stopped in his tracks. "Yeah."

"Did he tell you....everything?"

"It can't change what happened," He spoke shortly.

I took in a deep breath. "I know you can't forgive him. I'm just feeling guilty for what he did to you and need some time-"

"Right. I can't forgive him," He said angrily. "See it like this. He took away my family and it's only fair if you give me one. You owe me that. You're coming home with me."

What?

Is that it? He only wants me so I can give him a family?

My heart broke at his words.

"Are you going to force me?" I raised a brow.

He turned to me with that cold indifferent look of his and shrugged. "If that's the only choice I'm left with."

I crossed my arms over my chest.

When I made no move to follow him, he sighed.

"Fine. I'm going to help you go down the memory lane."

I blinked in confusion. What did he mean by that?

"Remember the day the news of our engagement broke out to the public?"

I nodded.

"Your dad invited us over for dinner but I refused to go. When you tried to be persuasive, I agreed to accompany you but there was a condition."

My mouth opened slightly as I remembered that day.

"The condition was that you had to do anything I said," He smirked.

"For a day," I added.

"Exactly. I'm glad you remember. Now I'd like to avail that condition."

I deadpanned.

"The day starts now, Scarlet. I need you to do everything I say."

I scowled at him.

"Come on. Let's go home."

"I don't have to agree to any of that," I argued.

"Of course not. But a promise is a promise. Anyone with some morals would have taught their children to keep one. But clearly-"

"Fine," I snapped.

"Good," He smirked.

"There's the manipulative jerk I remember," I gave him a sarcastic smile.

He shrugged with a smirk. "I've been called worse."

"But it's only for a day. Tomorrow, at exactly 9 p.m., once 24 hours are over, I'll be going back to my house."

He looked down at his watch. It was the watch I had given to him on his birthday.

"It's 9:05 in my lovely watch given to me by a lovely person," He gave me a sly smile.

I tried to keep a straight face.

"Whatever. The clock strikes 9:05 tomorrow and I'll be out of your apartment," I stated.

"Okay," He nodded.

"And you won't stop me."

"Sure," He shrugged.

"So what are we waiting for?" I walked towards the door and waited as he unlocked it, cutting glances of amusement at me.

He held the door open for me. I walked outside and turned a corner. Alec was fast in catching up and walking beside me.

We climbed the stairs and entered the main hall, where dad seemed to be waiting anxiously in a corner table.

When he saw us, he walked up to us.

"Not funny to plan behind your daughter's back, dad," I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled lowly.

"I hope everything is okay. We should get going, Scar. Jimmy must be wait-"

"She's going back home," Alec cut him off and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. "With me," He added.

Dad looked between us. "Oh."

"I'll be coming back tomorrow, dad," I muttered.

I felt Alec tighten his grip around me.

Dad nodded and then, turned to Alec. It seemed like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

"Sure. See you soon, Scar," Dad said and turned around to leave.

"Mr. Price?" Alec called.

He turned around, looking a little surprised.

"Thank you for your help."

Dad seemed to have run out of words at first but then he gave an awkward shrug and nodded with a slight smile.

"No problem at all."

There was a slight moment of awkward silence between them and dad just turned around to leave.

I felt Alec take in a breath and turn to me.

"So," He started.

I looked up at him to find a glow in his eyes and a smile sitting on his lips.

"Let's go home, love."

Hey guys!

What did you think of this chapter?

I can't believe I'm saying this but the next chapter will be the last one excluding the epilogue and bonus chapters(if I add any)! *Cries*

I should be happy-Oh scratch that. *Hugs each of you and bursts into sobs* 😭😭

Thank you so much for all your support!

I never expected 100k reads while the book was ongoing! 😘❤

Keep supporting! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3M 353K 47
UNDER MAJOR EDITING AND REVISION. CHANGES TO THE STORY LINE IS PROBABLE. "You are going to listen and do as I say-" she cuts him off, "You do not ow...
265K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
5.7M 158K 48
STANDALONE BOOK! No sequel "Why? I know it's not that you actually care about me. Then why? Tell me." I demanded looking down. "Be MINE, Caroline" he...
5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...