The Dauntless (a male reader...

RedImperium

(Y/N) is a 17 year old military prodigy who managed to reach the rank of lieutenant with flying colours. He i... Еще

(Old) Prologue
(Old) Chapter 1: I was in a gunfight you see...
(Old) Chapter 3: An opportunity at death... how lovely!
(Old) Chapter 4: A Team of Girls... oh my....
(Old) Chapter 5: -Canada:1 -Bacon:0
(No Longer Relevant) Quick Announcement/Question
(New) Chapter 1: The Lone Gunman
(New) Chapter 2: Taiho
(New) Chapter 3: Remnants of Sanity
(New) Chapter 4: The Phoenix and The Rose
(New) Chapter 5: The Beacon of New Beginnings, and The First Trial
(New) Chapter 6: Through the Fire and the Flames
(New) Chapter 7: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
(New) Chapter 8: Die Übersoldaten: Part One(18+)
(New) Chapter 9: Die Übersoldaten: Part 2 (18+)
20k Reads?!
(New) Chapter 10: Light In The Darkness (18+)
Face Reveal
(New) Chapter 11: Operator
(New) Chapter 12: The Workshop; Part 1
(New) Chapter 13: The Workshop; Part 2
(New) Chapter 14: The Workshop; Part 3
(New) Chapter 15: Festivities
(New) Chapter 16: Dockyard Devastation
(New) Chapter 17: Clearing the Air
(New) Chapter 18: Rest and Relaxation (18+)
(New) Chapter 19: Bad Omens
(New) Chapter 20: Heavy Metal Mayhem
(New) Chapter 21: Trial by Fire
Halloween Special Part 1: Of Monsters and Men
Halloween Special Part 2: Project Gallahad

(Old) Chapter 2: What the actual fuck!?

7.2K 55 104
RedImperium

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up with a ringing noise in my ears. The noise quickly faded and I got up carefully to not provoke a headache. I looked down at my arm to see if any damage has been sustained. I only saw a few scorch marks from small bullets shattering on the metal. Next I checked Hellfire and Ol' Reliable for any damage.

When I did, I was surprised to find that they were perfectly fine; no damage and not wet. Looking up to observe my surroundings, I saw that I was at a shoreline... in a forest. I tried searching for my radio, but unfortunately for me; it was wrecked.

I also tried looking for my bag, but as luck would have it; it was ripped to shreds, the contents ruined as well. Giving up, I pulled myself up and went searching for help.

---------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

I eventually found my way to a town, after having been in the forest for a damn good five hours at most. Surprisingly, I hadn't encountered anything in there; no birds, bears or any other animal. It was currently night time and I had just stumbled across the town.

Having found refuge, I entered the town enthusiastically. Since it was nighttime, the streets weren't busy, but there was a group of people that caught my attention; there were about seven men, six of them wearing red suits and shades. The seventh one, was whom I believed to be the leader. He was wearing a white suit with a white bowler hat. He also was holding a fancy cane.

At first I didn't care, until I saw how the townspeople, that were on the street, reacted to the group: they were getting out of the way as if the group ruled the place. That intrigued me, so I decided to follow them closely. I trailed behind them and saw that they entered a shop called: "From Dust till Dawn".

          I decided to remain outside, and to observe. The men were casually looking around, until their leader pulled out what appeared to look like a gun, and pointed it at the store owner/clerk. He then said something to his followers and they went about filling canisters with some colourful substance.

         Not knowing what else to do, I pulled out Hellfire and ran towards the store. But when I was about to reach the entrance, one of the goons was sent flying through the shop's window. I stopped in my tracks and stared awestruck at the man who landed a good five meters from the shop.

        I quickly shook my head and aimed my gun at the robbers. They charged, and I fired a burst of incapacitating shots at their legs. As expected, they all crumpled and screamed in pain. Their leader, that I decided to call 'The Pimp', bolted out of the shop holding a briefcase that held some of the shop's contents.

         I was about to block him but a girl wearing a red dress/cloak hybrid, with black red-tipped hair, beat me to it...

        Ruby's POV:

         I managed to get in front of Torchwick thanks to the distraction provided by the mysterious masked gunman.

          Ruby: You won't get away Torchwick!

          Roman: Oh I will, Little Red. I'm just taking my time.

           He then lifted his cane, and aimed at me. With sudden realization, I found that the cane was actually a gun.

          Roman: This... is goodbye, Red.

          He fired, but the mysterious gunman pushed me aside, and took the hit for me. Roman took this chance and disappeared from view.

        I looked back at the gunman and tried to help him, because from the looks of it; the wound was big.

         ???: Don't... worry about me... I got hit by much, much worse.

         Ruby: No! You're bleeding! Uh, hold on.

        I tried looking for something to heal him with but he grabbed my arm, and stared into my eyes.

         ???: I said: 'I'm fine.' Look over there... your thief's getting away.

         The gunman pointed behind me, and sure enough, there was Roman; climbing a ladder along the side of a tall building.

         Ruby: Alright, wait here. I'll be back.

         ???: That won't be necessary. I'll simply cauterize my wound and I'll be in tip top shape.

         And with that; his left hand burst into a small flame. The gunman then put his hand on the wound. And with a hard look in his eyes he said with finality:

            ???: Get going.

            Ruby: But...

            ???: Now!

             With that, I got up and pursued Roman.

---------------------------------------------

           Ruby's POV

           When I got to the roof, Roman immediately turned towards me.

Roman: Hoho, well, didn't expect you to be alive. That meddling gunner shouldn't have gotten in the way. Well, enough chitchat my ride's here.

And as if on cue, a bullhead flew up behind him, its side doors opened. Seeing that, Roman entered it. I then heard a sound beside me, and saw a woman with blonde hair, glasses and a sort of teachers' dress. She looked at me and nodded. Then she charged up an attack, and took aim at the bullhead.

I tried to get a shot on Roman but someone took his place. I couldn't see their face but I saw their eyes; a glowing orange, like cinders from a fire. A detail worth remembering...

---------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

I had finished cauterizing my wound, and sat, waiting for my head to clear itself. A little later, I got up, and went up the same ladder as 'Little Red' and 'Torchwick'.

When I got to the top, I found that Red's been joined by a... schoolteacher? And a V/TOL aircraft was present to. What the actual fuck!? Never mind that, I had a vendetta with Torchwick. So I immediately unslung my rifle and loaded non-incendiary bullets in the mag, before sliding it in the gun.

I then took aim at the aircraft and fired; punching some very nice holes into the metal skin. The schoolteacher turned to look at me briefly, and nodded. The hell? I nodded back, to not be rude. I assumed that it was for me to continue pumping the jet thing full of lead.

It was going well until a terrifying ball of flame was shot at us. Instinctively; I leapt in front of the two and took the hit. I expected to get burnt but to my surprise, I was resistant, which didn't make any sense since I purposely put fire to my wound to seal it.

Brushing the minor thought aside, I continued firing until the aircraft had decided to do what Eric Cartmann says: "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

I too, decided to stop, and turned towards the two ladies behind me.

(Y/N): What a fine mess I've gotten myself into, eh?

---------------------------------------------

            Ruby's POV

            I was currently in an interrogation room with the gunman along with the huntress whom had introduced her self as Glynda Goodwitch.

             Glynda: Do you know what you've done?!

              Ruby: Uhh...

              ???: Stopped a robbery, ain't that obvious?

              Glynda: Shut up smartass. What you've done was incredibly dangerous. But, in the light of current situations: you should be sent home with a pat on the back...

            I perked up at that.

           Glynda:... and a slap on the wrist.

            As if to emphasize her point, she smacked the table with a whip, that seemingly appeared out of thin air. I flinched while mysterio just laughed.

???: You remind me so much of my sergeant in my early days...

Glynda remained unfazed.

Ruby: You were in an army?

???: Yeah... Joint Task Force 2. JTF2 for short. It was an elite unit of the Canadian Armed Forces. Essentially, the special forces, the crème de la crème. JTF2 is one of the best, probably the best fighting force in the world.

Ruby: Oh, okay.

Glynda: If you two are done, there's someone who'd like to see you.

           I turned my attention to my front, as did the soldier. A man with grey hair walked in, holding a plate of... chocolate chip cookies in one hand, and a glass of milk in the other.

          ???v2: Ruby Rose... you have silver eyes.

          ???: What...

          The newcomer set down the plate, and I instantly grabbed one and shoved it into my mouth. Ohhh, it was delicious! I stuffed another one in, and then another until my mouth was full.

         In my peri feral vision, I noticed the soldier stare at me, but I didn't care; I had cookies.

         While I was perfectly distracted with my cookies, the man who introduced himself to be Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy. He was talking about how I got my combat skills, wondering where I got them.

       We had a good 'talk' for a while, until Ozpin suddenly changed topic.

         Ozpin: Ms. Rose, I'd like you to join Beacon. This is going to form many opportunities for you, and also teach you how to effectively take down Grimm.

        Ruby: Yeah! Sure! I'll join your school.

         Satisfied with the answer, Ozpin then switched his attention to the soldier.

          (Y/N)'s POV

          So now what? I thought to myself. I've got myself into this mess, now I must dig myself out of it?

           I shook my head, and chuckled quietly. It was cut short when I realized all eyes were now on me.

         (Y/N): Hello...?

         Ozpin: Hello, young man. As you've witnessed, I'm going to be asking you questions much like the ones Ms. Rose has answered.

         (Y/N): Ask away then.

          Ozpin: First question: What's your name?

          (Y/N): I'm (Y/N) (L/N). 17 years old.

          Ozpin: You didn't have to tell me your age... but fine. Question 2: Where do you come from.

         (Y/N): A nation called Canada. Oh, and by the way, where am I? This place's like no other that I've ever seen.

        Ozpin: You're in the kingdom of Vale, on Remnant; our world. Now before you ask anymore, it'll all be clear if you decide to join my school.

       (Y/N): Alright... now let's continue.

        The questioning session lasted for a while, and in the end, I found that it was going to be an excellent way to learn of my current environment. Naturally, I accepted the offer, besides, free lodging and food? What kind of madman would say no to that?!

---------------------------------------------

              I'm done! Yay! This took a long while to come up with the ideas so... yeah.

            But whatever, like always: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one!

          -BlackAngel44 🇨🇦

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

261K 1.4K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
409K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
81.6K 3.5K 80
❤️
69.3K 3.9K 81
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...