To Forget The Past (Draft 1)

By AeronLJ

Everest decided to leave, to escape, but only for the three months she could before returning home and going... More

To Forget The Past
Trigger Warnings
To Forget The Past: I
To Forget The Past: II
To Forget The Past: III
To Forget The Past: IV
To Forget The Past: V
To Forget The Past: VI
To Forget The Past: VII
To Forget The Past: VIII
To Forget The Past: IX
To Forget The Past: X
To Forget The Past: XI
To Forget The Past: XII
To Forget The Past: XIII
To Forget The Past: XIV
To Forget The Past: XV
To Forget The Past: XVI
To Forget The Past: XVII
To Forget The Past: XVIII
To Forget The Past: XIX
To Forget The Past: XX
To Forget The Past: XXI
To Forget The Past: XXII
To Forget The Past: XXIII
To Forget The Past: XXIV
To Forget The Past: XXV
To Forget The Past: XXVI
To Forget The Past: XXVIII
To Forget The Past: Epilogue- Six months later

To Forget The Past: XXVII

11 1 0
By AeronLJ

"Oh, god, please stop" I laughed out, glancing at Kane, letting one hand off the wheel, covering my face.

"Stop what?" Kane asked, laughing.

"Stop taking photos of me," I shook my head, my hand still up, trying to block the camera lens. "I look ugly" I said, moving my hand to touch my hair, which was tucked in a loose ponytail, pieces flew with the passing wind.

"No you don't, you look gorgeous"

"Shut up," I mumbled, feeling the heat on my cheeks, though a small smile played at my lips.

"No thanks" He said simply, holding up my camera again and took a photo of me blushing.

"I hate you.."

"No you don't,"

I smiled, shaking my head slightly, knowing, of course, he was right. "I wish I did," I joked, making him roll his eyes.

"Too bad, you can't, you're madly in love with me so,"

"Suuure, whatever you say," I said sarcastically, though my breath was caught in my throat at him saying that, but I wouldn't let him know how much that effected me.

"Come on, How I Met Your Mother is great, how can you not like it?"

I chuckled, throwing one of my hands up. "It's too long, and for what? Him to pretty much end up with the girl he met nine seasons ago in the first episode."

"But, it's a romance" Kane argued, somehow thinking that was a great argument.

"So?" I chuckled, "It's still too long to watch"

"I don't like you anymore" He mumbled childishly, his arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness, "Cool,"

"Wow, don't even care?" He asked, pretending to be hurt.

"Nope" I said popping the p.

"Wow."

"And you still can't do a backflip?" He asked randomly, completely changing the subject.

"No, Kane, I can't. We've talked about this" I laughed, not understanding how he thinks I'd be able to learn in three months without even trying to do one.

He raised his hands up, "Hey, just asking. I still think you should let me teach you"

I scoffed, "Yeahhhh," I dragged out. "No thanks, I'd rather not die today." Kane rolled his eyes, but let the conversation end, the music doing the only talking for the next thirty minutes.

"Hey," Kane pipped up randomly, slightly startling me.

I chuckled, "Uh, yes?" I asked, confused.

"Wanna hear a joke?"

"Sure?"  I furrowed my eyebrows from the suddenness.

"What do you call a duck on drugs?" He asked, a small chuckle in his voice.

"Um...what?"

"A quack head" He laughed out, like...a genuine laugh.

I glanced at him, my eyebrows raised, but I couldn't help from chuckling from how utterly weird and random that was, and how Kane actually found that funny.

"That's not funny," I said, laughing.

"And yet you're laughing" He said with a smile.

I shook my head, chuckling, "Not because it's funny"

"I disagree, its hilarious"

"Mhm, sure, whatever you say" I said smiling, still slightly chuckling at how weird Kane is.

"What are you going to do when you get home?" I asked Kane softly. I didn't want to push him to talk about things he didn't want to, and it was clear going home was something we both didn't necessarily want to do.

"Pack up for college," He spoke, his voice monotone.

"Already? We graduated just only three months ago" I asked questioningly.

"Yeah, well, I'm defiantly not staying with my dad, he only treats me like shit, especially after my mum, he still blames me."

I nodded, feeling bad for bringing up the conversation, but I was glad he could talk to me about it.

"How about you?"

I glanced at him, his eyes on his phone, scrolling through Instagram. I sighed, "Not sure yet, I was accepted into a few colleges, schollerships from soccer"

"Mh, are you going?"

I put on my blinker, turning, only dreading the seconds we got closer to my house. "Yeah, I believe so."

"Why are you so hesitant?" He paused before continuing quickly, adding in, "Not to sound rude, of course, just genuinely asking"

"Yeah, it's alright. Um, I don't know, I'm just...nervous, I guess"

Kane nodded though didn't comment anymore, he didn't push for more information, which I appreciated. For the next twenty minutes, we didn't talk at all, no more questions or random jokes, just letting the songs on my playlist play.

"You okay?" Kane asked, his hand on my shoulder. I nodded, turning the door handle to my house, already expecting my parents to be ready to attack me with questions and hugs the second I step inside. "Do I come in too?" He asked, making me laugh.

I punched him gently in the shoulder, "Yes, idiot, my parents are gonna want every detail of the trip"

He raised his eyebrow at me, a small smirk on his lips. "Every detail?" He asked, commenting on our kiss. Immediately I blushed, feeling embarrassed, though couldn't stop myself from being happy from thinking about it.

"Okay, maybe not that" I chuckled, trying to stop my face from going even more red before pushing the door open, my bags in my hands, my camera in Kane's.

"EVEREST!" I heard my name being shouted cheerfully right when the door was opened, immediately a small figure ran to me and wrapped their arms around my tall frame, making me drop one of my bags.

    I laughed happily, "Lilly," I greeted her, bending down to hug her back.

    "It's been, like, a million years" Lilly exaggerated, sighing loudly.

    "Well, I'm back here for a little while" I said chuckling, hearing my mum and dad walk into the room.

    Lilly pulled away and moved her eyes to Kane, who stood behind me, kinda looking awkward and unsure what to do with himself. "You're Everest's boyfriend, yeah?" She asked, making Kane chuckle and glance at me, smiling.

    What were we?

    "Everest," I looked up to my parents, glad they walked in before I had to answer the question and may have said something wrong.

    I smiled and hugged both my parents, my bags next to the closed door, where Kane was standing, holding my camera.

    "We've missed you so much," My mum said with a sad smile, she looked like she was going to cry.

    "Watching soccer has been so much quieter for the past three months" My dad joked, making me laugh.

    Yeah..I definitely was loud when my favourite sport was on.

    "I've missed you guys, too." I smiled at them, before remembering Kane was here, but before I could bring him up, my dad did.

    "Wow," My dad gestured towards Kane. "You let Kane use your camera? You never let people touch it"

    "Oh, yeah" I said, kinda just realizing Kane's the only person I'd trusted with my camera.

    "Nice to see you again" My dad said, shaking hands with Kane, who looked slightly embarrassed from the attention, but he shook his hand anyway.

    "You too, sir"

    "Everest, you go unpack your stuff, but afterwards, come in the living room please, you've got to fill us in on your trip," My mom said sweetly, smiling at me. Before grabbing my stuff, I hugged my parents one last time, only realizing then that Lilly had run off somewhere.

    I gestured towards Kane to tell him to follow me, I could tell he was nervous that he'd have to stay downstairs to talk to my parents alone. He's good with my dad sense my dad likes him, he's a great soccer player, but he's never talked to my mum much.

    "Thank god" Kane whispered as I shut the door to my room, setting down my bags on the nicely made bed. "I thought you were gonna leave me down there"

    I laughed, "Don't worry, you looked like you were gonna break down, so I thought you'd rather come with me"

    "I did?" He asked, the tips of his ears going red slightly.

    "Yeah," I chuckled, finding it adorable when he got embarrassed.

    "So, what do you want me to help with?" He asked, setting down my camera on my desk.

    "Erm," I clicked my tongue, thinking. "Nothing, really"

    "Sweet, I'm sleeping" Kane said before throwing his body onto my bed, landing beside my bags. I rolled my eyes at him, but didn't say anything about it.

    "I'll wake you up when I'm done, it won't talk long"

    "Kane," He mumbled slightly, turning his back on me, still half asleep. "Kane, get up" I smiled at him when he only mumbled a small no.

    I yanked the blankets off him, which immediately got him to spring up, his arms wrapped around him. "Shit," He mumbled sleepily, his hair messily sticking up. "Everest," His teeth chattered together, "It's cold, why would you do that?"

    I rolled my eyes, grabbing a hoodie and tossed it to him. "Here, wear this"

    "But, it's yours"

    I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "So? You're shorter than me, it'll fit."

    He nodded before throwing it on, and I was right of course, it did fit him.

    "Better?" I asked

    "Nope," He said, "But I hug would make it better"

    I only rolled my eyes.

    "That wasn't too bad," Kane spoke, smiling.

    I shook my head, "Yeah, 'cause my parents like you"

    "Why?" He asked, looking genuinely confused.

    I laughed, "'Cause you're awkward"

    Kane's face went red, making me laugh even more. "And you get embarrassed a lot"

    "I do not," Kane argued, his face only getter redder.

    "Sure, you don't" I said, shaking my head slightly, smiling.

    "I can't reach, that's unfair!" Kane whined, trying to jump to grab ahold of he top metal goal post in my backyard.

    I laughed as I easily jumped, gripping the post, and let my body hang from my hands.

    "You're too tall..." Kane playfully glared at me, which I glared back.

    "And you're short" I laughed, not actually making fun of his height; he was only three inches shorter.

    "Meanie," He stuck out his tongue childishly at me, putting his hands on his hips.

    I did a few pull-ups before dropping, letting my feet land on the ground. "Show off," Kane said jokingly.

    I rolled my eyes, walking up to him, "You're totally impressed, aren't you?" I asked chuckling.

    "Oh, of course. Nobody can do ten pull-ups" He said sarcastically, a smile tugging at his lips.

    "I know, I'm just that great" I said smugly

    "Yeah, you are"

    I looked at Kane, only standing a foot away from me. The sun smiled down, lighting up his green eyes, showing the soft waves of blue in them. A few pieces of brown hair fell in front of them. I lifted my hand and gently pushed them back, smiling softly. I noticed how he suddenly got still under my tough, but relaxed, a shy smile playing at his lips.

    "Everest, can you help me—oh...I sooooo win!" I jumped back from Kane, snapping my eyes to the voice near the house, catching my dad halfway out the back door.

    I looked at Kane confused, but jogged back to the house, Kane in step with me. I stuck my head around the door, walking into the cool house, turning to see my dad looking proud, his hand out towards my mum who was looking at me, though money was in her hands.

    "I don't believe it." My mum said, making me even more confused.

    "Uh, what?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked between my parents.

    My dad sighed, ignoring my question. "He's wearing her hoodie, and she loves her hoodies, but fine, don't believe me?" My dad said, finally turning to me after talking like I wasn't even in the room.

    "Are you dating Kane?"

    "Wha-wait" I suddenly got really flustered, my cheeks flaring red. I glanced at Kane who looked embarrassed but was trying to not get involved, though he already was.

    "Um,"

    "See, honey? They are, so I win" My dad said proudly, a look of victory broadcasting on his face. My mum sighed, giving in, and handed him money.

    "Did-did you guys bet on if Kane and I would end up together?" I asked, still extremely confused.

    "Yup," my dad said simply, a look of accomplishment on his face, "And I won"

    "We're not-" I groaned, still extremely confused.

    "If you aren't now, you will be soon, so I still win either way"

    "Wow..thanks for betting on your daughter" My dad laughed leaving the room, my mum, who looked slightly bummed that she lost fifty dollars, followed him out.

    Right as they left Kane started laughing loudly, "Wow, you have-really weird-parents" He said between laughs.

    I laughed, kinda awkwardly, "Yeah, parents who bet on their daughter's love-life" I said, embarrassed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 107 30
Cassidy Tate has had enough of everything and everyone. Especially since the only thing important in her life, her brother, is now gone. There's only...
310K 9.1K 43
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION Everest is the most popular boy in school. He's handsome, wealthy, and captain of the football team-he has the world at his fin...
1.1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

684K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...