Something Only We Know ✔️

De GoldenCalypso

||Completed|| Love is not an open door. Love is not a game. Love is not a fairytale. When the game of love le... Mai multe

Something Only We Know
Special Attention
Dedication
Prologue
Introduction:One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
fire
sleep with me
hulk's daughter
chocolate on my lips
who are you?
keep your eyes on me
why do you have to sing?
life at risk
one last time
just a wind
his heart
secret for secret
sleeping beauty
something nice
a promise
naughty
neverland
happiest
waiting
that promise
hurt
everything
adrian
erase
thank you
me and you
stay
sweetheart
fear
this
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

the piano

195 25 32
De GoldenCalypso

My favorite quote of all time

A year ago...

"Why do you always have to play that god damn song! My ears are hurting!"

I complained for the nth time. But Peter(my dad) pretended not to hear. He went on playing the grand piano in the living room.

I was furious at him.

"Will you ever stop that?" I asked him, rather forcefully.

Suddenly, he stopped.

Then he looked straight at me, his hazel eyes glimmering.
"What's the matter with you Koala? You always loved my song," he exclaimed.

"I used to like it, but now I don't." I repeated, disgusted.

Peter heaved a sigh.

"I thought you were happy to hear me play."

I stared at him.

"Then you better stop that. Or else I won't be happy again." I said.

It was super disgusting to even keep a piano in our house. But dad insisted that playing the piano was his passion of life. Yet for me hearing music all day; at school, at home, at midnight, on weekends, made me want to throw up.

Music made all this mess.

So I hated Music.

***

Later that night, I suddenly woke up from my sleep. Glancing at the clock in frustration, I realized that it was 12.36 am. Annoyed, I tried to sleep again.

But something was bothering me.

It was a peculiar yet a familiar sound coming from outside the bedroom. It was a lullaby that my mother taught me to fall asleep once I wake up in the middle of the night. But no one was singing it. Only the melody sang itself.

Oh. It was the piano.

Adrenaline gushed through me. My hands trembled hard.
I couldn't be hearing that haunting sound, I told myself.

Determined to end the person who was playing that Hellish instrument, I found myself tiptoeing the living room.

To my surprise, I found a brown haired girl less than my age, playing the piano.

Her back was turned at me concealing half of her face.

But who was she?

What was she doing in our house?

"Hey! Show yourself!" I yelled to the girl.

Without hesitation, she obeyed.

But I wished she hadn't been that obedient.

Everything turned upside down when I saw who she was.

She was me.

That was when I started having that nightmare. Ever since that day, I was frightened by myself playing the piano. I saw myself in my dreams everyday; I saw the girl I used to be.
But now, I was afraid of her.

I was afraid of what she could do.

I was afraid of the girl she made in me.

However, one night, when my parents were sleeping, I poured gasoline over my dad's piano and lighted a single matchstick over.

I hoped that the nightmare would burn with the piano.

To my bad luck, it didn't.

It grew more lucid, every night.

Serena

"Hello darling, what made you remember us all of a sudden?"
Vanessa, Peter's girlfriend asked me as she threw her arms over me. I stood still, letting her to do whatever she wanted to do. When her arms were done embracing, I squeaked out;

"Where's Pe- where's dad?"

"Hey Koala, looking for someone?" It was Peter. He had his usual expression on his face. For his age, he looked like a super model.

"What happened?" He asked me as he approached me.

"I wanted to meet you before your wedding, there's a lot to do..." I lied to him.

Peter stood staring at me.

"Did something happen at school?" He asked me again.
I trembled. I was not a good liar.

"Is it okay if I stay here for sometime?" I blurted out.
His eyes looked concerned.

"You can stay here as much as you want. Remember Koala, I hadn't yet sold your house..." he smirked.

"No, I don't want to go there. That'll attract too much attention." I said almost too quickly.

"What about the press? How did you cover up?" I asked him.

Peter sat down in the lovechair. I sat on the sofa.

"We told them you died in the fire." He remarked.

I winced.

"What about the doctors?" I asked again.

"Gave them money to shut up. We made plenty from that Audi." He stated grimly.

Vanessa joined Peter. I squirted at the sight.

"Did you go to meet Gemma?" Vanessa asked me, her strawberry blonde hair falling to her shoulders.

"No, I came here right away. What's she doing now?"

"Dunno baby. She doesn't really talk with us." Peter answered. I felt pathetic.

Mom and dad were never on good terms. I still didn't know why the hell they wanted to get married in the first place.
At least they were happy now.

I looked around the room. It had the usual aroma, the usual window drapes and curtains that matched Peter's taste and butterscotch hazel eyes. Peter was an antique lover. So you could glimpse an old Grandfathers Clock at one corner and a stag's antlers in another.

And there was also that one thing I disliked about him.
The piano.

"I thought you didn't get a new one after... well..." I stuttered. Peter smiled.

"Somethings cannot be changed Koala. That's what makes us who we are."

I sighed. It was true.

Suddenly, Peter blurted out making me startle.

"Wanna hear good news Koala?"

I shrugged. "Whatever."

He clasped Vanessa's hand and looked at me.
"We are going to have a baby," he announced, " and you are going to be a big sister!"

"Um..." I forced a smile, "thats okay."

We were all silent for a while. Peter must have expected me to be excited, but since I didn't clap my hands or whistled my vocal chords off, he was turning pale.

Just in time, a knock on the door saved me from the eerie atmosphere.

"I'll see who that is." Peter left for the door.

Vanessa stood straight at me.

"Don't disappoint your father Sweetums," she whispered, her voice harsh for her pretty face, "I don't care even if you have a long face all day since you are nothing to me. And remember, when your father forgets you, you will be alone."

I shot her a glance.

"Look Vanessa," I began, "I was everything to my dad before he even met you. So get your asshole out of this."

Before she could respond, Peter was already in the living room.

"Koala, it's your boyfriend." He said.

"What? I don't have a boyfriend!"

"Well, he seems to know you..."

I started towards the door. To my surprise,there was a demigod waiting at the doorstep. His eyes were showing a deep blue horizon and all my spirits lighted up as we locked eyes.

Peter was right behind me, scanning Adrian.

"Do you know this guy, Koala?" He asked me.

Adrian was gazing at me.

"Nope dad," I said, "I haven't seen him before."

And then I slammed the door on Adrian's angelic face.

Hello!
How are you doing? Do you think that the story is great? Let me know what you think about it.

To all my dear fantastic amazing readers,
You light up my day!

Thank you so much for encouraging me!

And please once again I ask you(kindly) to
VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!
Comment, Comment, Comment!
And follow me.
Show me how good I am.
Hell, I love you guys.

Please make me this happy;

Yaaaaaaaaay! 🤑🤑🤑

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

13.9K 917 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
138K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
45.6K 3.4K 47
"Hey!" "Hi!" "Do you know something?" "*giggles* how can I know if you don't tell me." "Your writing sucks!" "WHAT!!" "..." "HEY! WHAT DO U MEAN MY W...
142K 4.6K 44
"I've been hurt worse trust me," I say, referring to him but I don't even think he knows. Although, judging by the look in his eyes... I think he doe...