You Are My Beautiful Soul (A...

By AureliaCrystal

Jesse McCartney has it all - looks, fame, money and all the girls in the world clamouring for his attention... More

You Are My Beautiful Soul (A Jesse McCartney fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(last)

Chapter 14

1.9K 49 2
By AureliaCrystal

            The days seemed to be getting by better for Kayla as Jesse has been treating her better. There are days where she won’t see him due to his busy schedule, but when they met they would talk like old buddies – although there were times where he would recede into his broody old self. Nicky was always coming around to find her too, and she enjoyed his company; as he was the brightness to Jesse’s darkness.

            Three weeks since the day she ‘broke’ into Jesse’s house, she went shopping alone at the mall. She needed to get a new toothbrush and some other necessities. She loved to shop alone, as she could waste her time browsing through each aisle with no care in the world. After buying all the things that she needed, Kayla walked out of the mall to take a bus back home. As she was walking towards the bus stop, she saw an elderly woman walking towards the bus stop, carrying a lot of bags, and struggling to walk. One of the plastic bags that she was carrying tore open and her grocery items spilled to the road.

            Kayla gasped and ran towards the woman, as she helped her pick up her things. The old lady muttered ‘thanks’ to her as Kayla piled the things in a heap. She told the woman to wait a while as she ran back inside the mall to buy a recycle bag, and she ran back out to see the woman sitting on the sidewalk, wiping beads of perspiration on her forehead.

            “Here you go, ma’am,” she said as she passed the recycle bag to the woman with all her things in it. The woman carried it, but almost stumbled as Kayla held her, “Do you want me to help you get this?”

            “If you could, dear,” the woman said, “This body is getting old.”

            “It’s no problem,” Kayla replied, smiling, “Do you leave nearby? I can help you carry these things to your house.”

            “Yes dear,” the woman said, “I live about two blocks from here.”

            “Then let me carry your things for you,” Kayla offered as she took the other bags from the woman.

            “Oh, you don’t have to trouble yourself,” the woman said,

            “I am not troubling myself,” Kayla said, “Let’s go, ma’am.”

            They walked slowly towards the woman’s house. Kayla got to know the woman had two sons and a daughter-in-law with a grandchild coming in a few months time. She told her she rarely saw her younger son as he was busy working. Kayla nodded politely as the woman, who told her to call her Auntie, spoke. Her husband had his own supermarket, but she hated to buy things there, as her favorite brands are only sold in this mall.

            “There we are,” she pointed at a comfy looking house, “That’s my house.”

            “I’ll help you carry this to the doorstep,” Kayla said, following the Auntie. The house was quite big, but not a mansion, but it looked like a nice family home. It was the kind of house Kayla would love to live in her older years.

            “You should stay for a cup of drink,” the woman said, as Kayla looked at her.       “No, I shouldn’t be a bother,” Kayla said, as they reached the front porch.

            “Nonsense, there must be a way I can repay you,” the Auntie said, “I insist it.”

            “Oh, okay, I guess there’s no harm in that,” Kayla said, agreeing politely.

            “Besides that, my son and his wife will be coming over, and I’d like you to meet them,” she said as Kayla nodded her head. She looked around the house in awe as they entered. The furniture was mostly made of sturdy wood, and there were medals and trophies on the cupboard in the living room, with a lot of family photos on the wall. Kayla couldn’t see the photos as the woman walked quickly to the kitchen while she followed behind.

            The woman bustled about in the kitchen making a drink for Kayla who stood by the doorway watching her. The woman reminded her so much of her mother, whom she is missing greatly. She hadn’t got the chance to see her in quite a while now. She felt a tear slid down her cheek as she suddenly felt home-sick.

            “Are you okay, Kayla dear?” Auntie asked as she gave her a glass of orange juice.

            “I’m okay, auntie,” she replied, wiping off her tear, “I’m sorry. It’s just that when I see you I thought of my mother, and I miss her a lot.”

            “Oh, I’m sure she misses you a lot too,” Auntie said, placing a wrinkled hand on Kayla’s cheek, “It’s so nice to see a daughter who misses her mother, where-else I have a son who hasn’t come back to see me in years – and we’re not even living miles apart like you and your mother.”

            Kayla smiled at the woman, as she led her to the dining room where she offered her to eat some biscuits.

            “I get so lonely here,” she said, “I used to do sewing to get more money, but I’ve lost the interest. You should come by here often, as I feel happy to see your smiling face.”

            “Thank you, auntie,” Kayla replied, “I will take time on my off days to come and see you, because my working hours is not regular. My boss sometimes makes me work even at night.”

            “What type of boss is that?” Auntie asked, “Let me see him and I will give him a sound beating.”

            “A one of a kind boss,” Kayla thought, smiling fondly thinking of Jake.

            “I’m sure he takes well care of you,” the woman said.

            “He does,” Kayla replied, “Well he used to be a jerk, but somehow he’s changing. He treats me better now. But he’s always so cranky, and he has mood swings. I’m getting used to it though. I like my job.”

            “That’s nice to hear,” Auntie said, “As long as you’re happy with your job.”

            “I am,” Kayla said, as just then someone entered the dining room.

            “There you are mom,” Kayla turned to look at an astonishingly handsome man, smiling at her, “Hi.’

            “Hi,” she replied, not able to take her eyes off his dark black eyes which he seemed to have inherited from his mother.

            “I’m Edward,” he said, holding out his hand, as Kayla took it in hers.

            “I’m Kayla,” she replied, mesmerized by his gaze.

            “She helped me to carry my groceries home,” his mother said.

            “Oh, mom, I’ve told you countless of times you could get things at dad’s shop,” he said, hugging her from the back, as Kayla smiled at him, “She’s so stubborn at times.”

            “Oh, keep quiet, Eddy,” his mother said, playfully beating him, “Where’s your wife?”

            “Slowly walking in,” Edward said, pointing behind him, “She’s getting slower these days.”

            “Who are you calling slow?” Kayla turned to look at a pregnant woman probably a few years older than her walking slowly into the dining room, holding her back. She looked like she was going to give birth at any moment. Kayla looked at her face and saw that it looked familiar. Where have I seen her before?

            “Look at how long she took to walk from the car to here,” Edward said jokingly as she reached to him and slapped his back half-heartedly.

            “You’re crazy honey,” she said as her eyes caught sight of Kayla, “And who might you be?”

            “Oh, I’m Kayla,” Kayla said holding out her hand, as the woman took it, shaking it.

            “I’m Amanda,” she said, as Kayla froze, her eyes growing wider. Amanda, she thought, the love of Jesse’s life, the one to make him bitter. But it can’t be her, but her face is similar to the picture in the photo-frame.

            “Are you okay, Kayla?” Amanda asked, looking at her concernedly. Kayla shook her head and stared at Amanda and then at Edward. Sure enough she could see that he looked almost like Jesse, except for the dark hair and dark eyes.

            “Oh, no,” Kayla said, as she walked backwards from them.

            “Is everything okay?” Edward asked, coming forward.

            “I know you,” Kayla said, pointing at Amanda. If Amanda was Jesse’s ex, why is she married to his brother? Is that why Jesse is so negative? His brother stole his girlfriend.

            “You do?” Amanda asked with a puzzled expression, “I’m pretty sure I’ve never met you before.”

            “Jesse McCartney,” Kayla whispered as Amanda’s face turned pale.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 1.3K 107
Rylie was just an ordinary girl, with hardly any friends. Her best friend Justin was always there for her. But what happens when he becomes famous? I...
644 78 15
What happens when a former fighter with a dark past meets a celebrity only to find that he is none other than her beloved idol that she has been crus...
18.5K 473 20
Paul McCartney, as a kid, lives next to the most beautiful, wonderful girl in the whole world, the lovely Holly Marx. But she hates him with a passio...
14.2K 268 18
Laura Jones is a normal teenage girl, nearly. Her best friend, George Harrison, got in a band, and thought he would just introduce her to his friend...