Why ~Zach Herron~

Door WhyDontWe_Dolan

*Sequel to I Depend On You* "Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth ab... Meer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48(Part 1)
48(Part 2)
New Fanfics
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 5

Bonus Chapter 4

9.6K 184 159
Door WhyDontWe_Dolan

*read the authors note at the end please*

Wes's P. O. V.

"Mom, you gonna be okay?" I asked stepping into her room.

"Yeah I'm fine, Noah's taking a nap and Desi is at Jack's with Isla. Go, have fun." She smiled at me.

"We'll be back in a few hours."

"Be safe!" She called as I closed the door. I walked back out into the living room where Emersyn was waiting.

"You ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and walked over to me. I took her hand and led her outside.

"Where are we going?" She asked as we walked down the sidewalk.

"You're in a swimsuit where do you think we're going?" I asked chuckling. She playfully slapped my chest. I took her hand and kissed the back of it.

We continued walking until we arrived at the beach. It wasn't that far from the house so it didn't take long. We put down our towels and stuff before running into the water.

We splashed each other and just messed around, having a great time. After a while, we both got out. We saw an ice cream truck pass by so I bought her a cone. We went and sat back down on the towels while eating our ice cream.

She was laughing and smiling watching two dogs play with each other at the edge of the water. I just stared at her and smiled.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing," I said shaking my head. But it wasn't nothing. I didn't understand how she didn't realize that I was staring because her eyes were my favorite color and her smile was my favorite smile. I was trying to keep my cool, but I couldn't because she gives me this feeling that I couldn't explain yet.

After we finished our ice cream we relaxed on the towels and just talked. We never ran out of things to say.

It started getting dark and I knew she had to get home soon. We packed up all of our stuff and started walking to her house. When we got there I started walking to her door, but she pulled me back.

"Follow me," she said.

I was confused at first, but I followed her into her backyard. She walked up to a tree and started climbing it. There wasn't a tree house or anything, but the branches grew outwards and there was a perfect spot for people to sit in.

"Wow, this is so cool," I said climbing up with her.

"I always come up here when my family is getting on my nerves. My parents constant yelling or my siblings fighting and crying."

"I'm really sorry you have to go through that."

"It's not your fault. Plus, it's been this way my whole life. I just wish that one of them would snap and they'd get a divorce. It's terrible for my siblings to grow up the way that I did, scared of talking to them because they're worried they'll get hurt." She looked down at her lap.

I scooted to a closer branch and put my finger under chin. I lifted her face up and her teary eyes met mine. I wiped the tears from her face then kissed her. She kissed back, her hands sliding from my shoulders to the ends of my hair.

"I know that your life isn't the greatest. You don't have many people that love and support you. But I do. Emersyn, will you let me love and support you by being my girlfriend?" I asked. A smile spread across her face and she nodded her head. I smiled widely before kissing her again.

"Emersyn is that you!?" Someone yelled from the backdoor.

"Yeah ma, I'm coming!" She yelled back.

"It's too dark for her to see you, so stay up here until I get inside, please," she said looking at me with fear in her eyes.

"Okay." I nodded. I kissed her once more before letting her go.

I watched as her mom pulled her inside and slammed the door. I waited a few seconds before climbing down the back of the tree and rushing out of her backyard. I got to the front and started my walk home.

"There you are!" My dad exclaimed when I walked in. He was holding Noah in his arms.

"Sorry, I lost track of time," I said.

"It's okay. Did you have fun?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. He patted my shoulder.

"How's mom?" I asked.

"She's asleep. I'm just rocking Noah 'till she falls asleep too," he said.

"Okay. How was it today with the music?"

"It was great. It was like we never stopped writing." He smiled.

"I can't wait to hear what you come up with," I said.

                                    ***

April was always my favorite month of the year. I loved the spring weather, but it was also the start of soccer season. Usually, my dad always supported me at games, but it just so happened that this season he was always busy.

He was always in meetings with the band or being on tv or something. And yeah, I understood why he couldn't make it and I wasn't mad at him, I just missed him being at my games.

He would aways be the loudest one there, louder than his fans that showed up and were screaming his name. After my games, we'd always talk about the good plays and the bad calls the ref would make. It made me feel connected to my dad.

Today wasn't just a game, it was the championship. The last game of the season, and my dad was completely free. No meetings, no interviews, nothing. I couldn't have been happier. Sure, Emersyn, mom, and the girls supported me and were there at every game, but they didn't know how the game worked. I appreciated them so much, but I was so excited that my dad could finally make it.

"You ready for the big game?" Emersyn asked as we walked hand in hand to our last class of the day.

"I can't wait. We're gonna crush them and my dad will be there to watch," I told her smiling.

"You don't think he'll draw too big of a crowd?"

"He usually does, but they're not so crazy as to get in his way of family. Most of his fans are thoughtful like that." I chuckled.

"That's good. But if there's teenage girls there screaming over you, I won't be afraid to fight someone."

"They won't be focused on me. And if they are, oh well. I'm all yours." I stopped at my locker and kissed her lips.

We continued our walk to English, adding Xavier and Randy to our group. We had a sub today, so our assignment was to just read a few chapters from the novel we were studying. Although, there wasn't much reading going on.

The desks were set up into pairs, and Emersyn and I sat together in the very back corner. Usually she was always doing her work and making sure I did mine, but today she gave in. When the teacher wasn't looking, I'd sneak a kiss on her lips or her cheek. My hand rested on her inner thigh, squeezing her every few minutes.

When the bell finally rang, we all rushed down to the gym.

"I'll see you later, babe."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Come on Herron!" My coach yelled.

"Bye." I kissed her lips, feeling her tug my shirt closer to her. I smirked before running to the locker room.

Iris's P. O. V.

"Zach, you ready?" I called from the living room. I was putting on Noah's shoes and Desi was sitting on the couch with a juice box.

"Yeah, I'm coming." He walked out and smiled when he saw the girls. Desi had a red and white soccer jersey with the number 10 on the back and "Little Herron". Noah's also had 10 but said "Baby Herron".

"I like the jerseys." He smiled.

"Wes asked specifically for #10 so it'd be the same as yours."

"I know, I so excited to see him play again."

"We're all ready to go." I smiled. He came up to me and kissed my lips before telling me he loves me.

Just as we were walking out the door, his phone rang.

"Zach-"

"Just one second." I sighed and stood in the hallway as he walked into the kitchen.

"It's like David is more important than us," Desi said.

"No, honey daddy knows he's not more important. It's just there's millions of people that he's trying to make happy. Sometimes the millions get in the way of the four of us, even if we're most important."

"Don't the millions know he has a family?"

"Yeah, they do. But they aren't as selfless and giving as daddy is. He gives up his time with family to make them happy."

"But he's my dad, and Wes misses him."

"I know sweetie."

"Iris, I'm so sorry-"

"I know, you can't go."

"It's just the tour-"

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell Wes you can't make it."

"I'll try to make it for the second period."

"Mhmm."

"I love you." He quickly kissed my lips before rushing out of the door.

"Let's go, Emersyn is waiting on us." I sighed and walked out the door. I waved to Zach as he sped off to meet with David and the guys.

"Hey Em," I said as she hopped into the front seat.

"Where's Zach?" She asked.

"He got called into a meeting. Again."

"Aw, that's too bad. Maybe he'll make it for the second period."

"Maybe."

It was quiet as we drove to the high school. We parked near the front and walked through the gates to be surrounded with red and white colors.

"I'm gonna go see Wes," Emersyn said.

"Are you gonna tell him about Zach?"

"Should I?"

"You don't have to, I can text him."

"No, I will. I'll meet you in the stands."

"Okay."

I took Desi's hand and held Noah on my hip as I walked up the steps to the stands. I walked towards the middle and saw Xavier's mom, Sandra, and Randy's parents, Abby and Ethan. Jeanette, Randy's girlfriend, walked up and joined them.

"Hey, how are y'all?" I asked sitting down in the saved seats next to them.

"Good. Where's Zach?" Abby asked.

"He had a meeting."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Sandra said.

"I'm more sorry for Wes. It's his last game and Zach hasn't been at one," I said shaking my head.

"There's always next time."

Emersyn came walking up with a sad look on her face.

"How'd he take it?"

"He was upset. I think he'll be okay, though."

"I hope so."

Soon the game started. I never fully understood the rules of soccer, I just cheered when Sandra and Abby did.

Wes's P. O. V.

"Hey Wes," Emersyn called. I turned my head and saw her peeking around the corner. We were standing by the bench waiting for the other team to get ready.

"Hey, where's my dad?" I asked after hugging and kissing her.

"He um...he got called into a meeting?"

"Again?" I asked. I felt like I was about to cry. I know it didn't seem like that big of a deal, but I wanted him to be there. I just wanted him to be proud of me.

"I'm so sorry, babe."

"It's fine, it's not your fault." I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tight.

"I better go, you're about to start. Good luck."

"Thanks." I kissed her again before letting her go. I looked up and saw my mom sitting with Noah and Desi, but my dad wasn't there. I sighed, trying to shake it off then went over to Xavier and Randy.

The game started, but all I could think about was my dad not being there to support me. I kept messing up and missing the ball and letting the other team fly past me. I couldn't even hear my coach yelling at me. My dad wasn't at any of my games. He hadn't seen me play all season. I don't know why it was messing me up all of a sudden. Actually, it's because he promised me he'd come and he didn't.

Finally the first period ended. We were down 5-1. My coach called us all over and started talking, mostly yelling, to us. The second coach pulled me aside and told me I needed to snap out of it. I needed to get back on track and focus, but I couldn't.

"Zach Herron!" My head snapped to the stands when I heard my dad's name.

I looked all around and then I saw my mom hugging him. A smile spread across my face. He made it. My dad turned towards the field and waved once he found me. I waved back at him and smiled, feeling so relieved.

"Let's get out there and show them what we're actually made of!" My coach yelled. We all put our hands in, then yelled as we all started jumping.

"Did you see your dad?" Xavier asked. I nodded enthusiastically.

We all went to our positions and the game started. We all immediately started playing better. We came together as a team and used each other to score points one after another. We had tied it up, 7-7, with less than one minute left.

As soon as the ball was in play, Xavier stole it from the other team. He started down the field then kicked it towards Randy, faking out one of the other players. Randy and I were running on both sides of the field, towards our goal. Once we got closer, Randy passed it to me, giving me the perfect opportunity to kick it into the goal. Just as I had the ball and was about to strike it, a guy from the other team came running up and pushed me down. I fell flat on my back, getting the wind knocked out of me. Then, there was a buzz signaling the end of the game.

The whistle blew and Randy came running towards me. He helped me stand up, then made sure I was okay. I took a few deep breaths then assured the coaches and refs that I was fine.

The ref called it a foul and let me take my shot. He put the ball on the ground, leaving it between the other teams goalie and I. I looked over into the stands and saw my dad and Emersyn standing at the railing, staring intensely at the game. I gave them a smile before turning back to the goalie where my smile disappeared.

The ref blew the whistle signaling me that I could go whenever I wanted. I took a few steps back, readying my stance, then went for it. The goalie dove for the ball, but it went right past his fingers, straight into the net. The crowd went wild.

Everyone on my team came running to me, lifting me up and cheering my name. They carried me back over to the bench where the officials were holding our big gold trophy. They handed it to me and I stuck it in the air, cheering. My team put me down and I bro hugged them all, cheering with them.

I saw Emersyn and she ran up to me and jumped in my arms. I spun her around and kissed her lips before setting her back on the ground. My dad came through the group of people next. I jogged over to him and hugged him tight.

"I'm so sorry I was late. I left the meeting early."

"It's okay. You got here, that's all that matters."

"Yeah. You did great, son. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks." My smile was wider than it had ever been before.

"David didn't mind you leaving?"

"He probably did, but I told him you were more important right now."

"Thanks dad." We hugged again. I saw my mom coming towards us with Noah on her hip and Desi waking next to her.

Desi came running towards me and I picked her up, kissing her cheeks.

"I like your jersey," I said.

"We're like twins!" She shouted. I put her down and took Noah from my mom. She had a big toothless smile on her face. I kissed her chubby cheeks and tickled her.

"I want some pictures!" My mom shouted. I internally groaned, but pulled Desi, Emersyn, and my dad closer for the pictures.

"Here, let me take some." Emersyn stepped away and grabbed my mom's phone. She came running to my side, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm so proud of you," my mom said standing on her toes to kiss my cheeks. I was taller than my mom, but almost exactly the same height as my dad. Just a bit shorter.

"I say we all go out to eat for a big dinner."

"Yes! I'm starving," I said.

"You're also smelly. Go shower and we'll wait for you at the gate," my mom said. I laughed and wiped some of my sweat on her. She lightly hit my shoulder then pushed me away.

I caught up with Xavier and Randy heading back to the locker rooms.

"Be glad your dad showed up. It would've been your fault that we lost if he didn't," Randy said.

"Shut up," I said hitting his shoulder. He hit me back and soon we were tackling each other to the ground, laughing as we did.

"Herron! Justin! Get up now!" Xavier yelled, pretending to be coach. We all laughed as we walked through the doors.

                                    ***

"And I thought girls took forever to get ready," my mom said when I walked up.

"I had to make sure I looked nice." I shrugged.

"And you do," Emersyn said taking my hand.

"Yes, you look very handsome. Now let's go, I'm hungry."

Em and I crawled to the very back then helped Desi and Noah get buckled in. My mom turned the radio on and we buckled our own seat belts, then got comfortable. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," I whispered into her ear.

"I love you too," she whispered before gently biting my ear. I blushed, turning her face and kissing her lips.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in, getting a booth in the corner like we always did.

"So how was the meeting? The time that you were there," I asked once we had our drinks.

"It was mostly David and the tour managers talking about venues and dates and stuff. I told them that the guys knew my schedule mostly so I didn't have to be there. Jonah texted me earlier and said that they didn't get much done, David was upset about me leaving."

"He can deal with it."

"Yeah, I know. Wes is more important than him, I guess he's just use to me always putting him on top. But I'm not gonna do that anymore."

"I'm glad." My mom put her hand on my dad's cheek then kissed him.

We ordered our food and enjoyed our time together through the meal. Once my dad paid we all walked back out to the car. Unfortunately, Emersyn had to go home. We drove to her house and I walked her up to her door.

"You played great today. I can't believe I'm dating the star player," she said putting her hands on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Thanks for coming. To all my games. I really appreciate you being there."

"Of course, how could I not support you?" She chuckled. I smiled widely hearing her laugh.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I put my hands on her cheeks and kissed her lips.

Iris's P. O. V.

Zach and I watched as Wes took Emersyn up to her door. They talked and then he kissed her.

"Oh, our little boy is growing up," I said pretending to tear up.

"How did we do it?" He asked, chuckling.

"Together." I leaned across the seat and pulled his face to mine, kissing his lips.

"Ew!" Desi shouted from the backseat. We just laughed. Soon Wes was opening the back door and getting into the car.

"I really am proud of you son," Zach said. Wes smiled and thanked him.

Once we got home, Desi asked if she could go stay with Jack and Isla. Wes wanted to stay at Xavier's house that night, too. My mom called and offered to watch Noah so Zach and I could have a night alone. Zach drove them all to the houses then came back and got in bed with me.

"Thank you for coming today. It meant a lot to Wes," I told him. We were laying in bed, our bodies tangled together.

"I know. I wish I could've been there from the start."

"Yeah, but you were there."

"I'm sorry for putting the band before all of you."

"No, babe it's fine. I understand."

"No, it's not. I should've realized how much more time I was with David instead of you four. The band might be like family, but you are my actual family. From now on, you're number one. Always."

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."

He rolled on top of me and kissed my lips. I pulled him close to me, wanting to feel as much of him as possible. He slid my shirt over my head, throwing it across the room. I did the same with his, running my hands down his chest and toned abs. I took off his belt and pulled his pants down,  as he pulled mine down.

"Man I've missed this." Zach sighed chuckling. He kissed down my chest, leaving marks all over my body.

Wes's P. O. V.

"Hey man, thanks for covering for me," I said once Xavier and I were in his bedroom.

"No problem man. Have fun." He smirked.

"We're not gonna do anything," I said rolling my eyes.

"Mhm, sure." I chuckled before going back to the front door.

"Hey, I'm on my way right now," I said into the phone.

"Okay, I'll see you soon babe." I smiled at the name then hung up, starting my walk to Emersyn's house. Her parents weren't home so I snuck out to stay the night with her.

When I got there, I knocked on her door. She opened it, letting me in. I closed the door and grabbed her waist, pulling her close to me. I kissed her lips passionately before pulling away and hugging her tightly.

"I ordered us pizza and I rented the movie," she told me, putting her hands on my chest.

"Yay," I said smiling. I took her hand and we walked over to the couch. We waited until the pizza arrived to go to her room and start the movie.

We sat on her bed with our pizza in our hands as the movie started. Once we finished eating, I fell back on the pillows and Emersyn lay next to me. I wrapped my arm around her, holding her shoulder. She rested her head on my shoulder with her arm resting across my chest. Anytime something scared her, she'd squeeze my shirt and put her face in my neck so she couldn't see.

Once the movie ended she turned the tv off, and crawled on top of me. She started to kiss my neck, but I lifted her chin up so I could kiss her lips. Our lips moved in sync as I slid my tongue into her mouth. I smirked when she moaned against my lips.

"I love you so much Wes," she said pulling away for a second.

"I love you more Emersyn." I flipped us over so I was on top. I started leaving marks all around her neck.

"I'm gonna have to cover those up." Emersyn chuckled.

"Don't. Let everyone know you're mine," I told her before putting my lips back on her perfect ones.

                                    *****

A/n

Here it is, the long awaited 4th bonus chapter. I'm sorry I took so long, but I've been focused on my Jack fanfic and I just recently came up with an ides for this.

I'm gonna do one more bonus chapter, but I want you guys to be apart of it. So comment down below something you'd like to see with these characters.

I really hope you like it! I love you guys!!!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

197K 3.6K 25
➳"You've bullied me for 3 years straight, why are you deciding to be nice now?" Started: August 8/18 Finished: October 10/18 *READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...
7K 380 18
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡.. 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫�...
8.2K 96 25
****the same as the first one****
8.3K 309 15
( *:・゚✧* ) 𝐃𝐉𝐒. ❝i loved you always.' 'then why'd you hurt me?❞ [ COMPLETED ]