Sugar Rush

By erasingpencil

Bethany Hamilton's universe revolves around sugar, dogs, and her nephew Liam. But when she plays babysitter... More

Sugar Rush
01- Pillsbury Dough Boy Farts In The Baking Room
02- They Are Overusing My Precious Name
03- I Like The Sound Of Bethany Better
04- It Looks Like An Albino Chocolate
05- My Boxers Are Dry So Don't Worry About That
06- When I Was Nine I Thought I Ruled The World
07- Can You Two Just Kiss Already?
08- Liam You Suck At Keeping Secrets
09- Them Kids, Not Kids Kids
11- Are You Asking Me On A Date Bethany?
12- He Will Know When He Pushes It In
13- Was It Worth It?
14- I Like You And All That
15- What Was That All About?
16- Shark Week Is Coming
17- I'll Take Up On That Offer
18- Stop Poking Me
19- Are You Trying To Get Me Drunk?
20- I'm Responsible For You
21- The Great Twenty Four Year Old Virgin Bethany Hamilton, Who's Into Celibacy
22- Whatever You Want Us To Be
23- It's Like High School in One House
24- Whatever Titles Those Fakers Want To Be Called
25- I'm Not Scared. I'm Terrified
26- Watching Horror Movies With Bruce And Skittles
27- Father Fetish
28- Fancy Feeling Like A Rapist
29- Heaven's In My Mouth Right Now
30- Wait For It
31- Getting Naked In Public Parking Lot
32- And We Can Soap Each Other Up
33- Every Time I'm Near You I Get Wet
34- Can't I Just Take It Off?
35- Going On A Suicide Mission
Yes, I Did.
Valentine's Day Special

10- Playing This Game Will End Up in Inappropriate Positions

100K 2.1K 264
By erasingpencil

10

A week had passed since Allie’s birthday party. Blake and I continued our daily routine of either going to the bakery or nearby children’s playground after dropping Liam and Allie off at school. We didn’t talk about what had happened in his room though. I didn’t bring it up, and thankfully he didn’t too.

We avoided that topic like the plague. I had my own reasons, them being related to my past. It was something I never liked talking about. I, however, didn’t know about his reason. A normal person would ask and bring the subject back up or not let it drop but he didn’t, and it seemed like he didn’t want to talk about it either. I’m not complaining but just curious on why he said nothing.

But not curious enough to have the guts to bring back up the topic.

It was Sunday when I opened my fridge and found out that I barely had enough food stock to last for the week. I did go grocery shopping last Sunday but I ran out of food, again. Liam wasn’t helping when he ate every damn free time he had and that was basically always.

So after lunch, I took Liam to the nearest grocery store to stock up.

“Pwease?”

“For the third time, no.”

“Pwease Aunt Beth?”

I sighed in exasperation. “Liam, I said no.”

“Pwetty pwease?”

“No.” I said my tone stern as I put me free hand on my hip. “You’ve been eating sweets for the past days already. We’re cutting half off your sugar intake.”

Maybe Reese was right. This kid ate too much sugar and will probably have diabetes before puberty. Didn’t his throat hurt after eating that many sweets? I’m sure it will soon, mine did.

He gave up and sighed, nodding as he went along with me. Now I feel bad. I know when I should say no to a kid so that when they grow up they won’t be spoiled brats. But crushing a four year old’s happiness really does bring you down in the dumps.

Lifting him off the floor, I placed Liam on the seat of the shopping cart. It was for two things. One: he wanted to sit there. Two: I don’t want to lose him again just like what happened before. Reese would skin me alive and throw me in a pool of lemon juice if she found out.

She’s one scary woman. Trust me. I have seen her in her in a very terrible mood in a coincidentally horrifying day. Let’s say we never saw the waitress- also known as the whore’s face in the club they illegally brought me in (don’t ask) when she tipped the contents of an entire can of Sprite on Reese’s chest when my sister found her feeling up a scowling Dominic. Not a sight to see.

I shudder at the memory. I actually pitied her for the first few seconds when Reese landed a punch to her gut after calling my sister a hoe. But then I shrugged it off. They started a fight and by the end the girl’s face looked like a blood bath with a broken and bleeding nose, a busted lip, a black eye, a few bruises, and a missing tooth. Reese only had a few scratches and bruises on her but was nothing compared to the other.

With Liam comfortable on the seat, I set foot in the grocery store. I needed a lot of things since I forgot I was supposed to be shopping for two.

We were at the spreads section as I try to decide on what jam to buy. Liam wasn’t much of a help , picking up a random jar and placing it in the cart.

“Don’t get that.” I took the jar from the cart and placed it back in the display rack. “You got one from last week and it was gross.”

Liam made a face and shook his head in agreement. “Stwawbewy!”

Well, I do love strawberry jam. I shrugged and placed it in the cart. We stopped by the Mexican section which was empty and my eyes stopped at the premade tortilla. I debated on getting whether flour tortilla or taco shells. I had the two packages in my hands and narrowed my eyes at each.

“Al-ee!” Liam exclaimed from beside me and I could see the cart shaking as he kicked his little legs to and fro. “Al-ee!”

With a sigh, I dropped my arms and stared at Liam. “Kiddo, we’re alone in this aisle. Allie’s not here. You must be so in love with her.” I mumbled the last words out of me.

“Liam!” I heard the return of Liam’s cries that made me twist my head to the owner of the voice. There on one of the seats of the cart was Allie in her cute yellow dress and the Build-A-Bear teddy bear Liam made for her on her birthday.

Blake was in front of her, his hands holding on to the cart. I took this time to check what he was wearing. He was in dark washed jeans and wore a pink button up over a white graphic printed shirt which suited him well, gripping on to his arms. His hair wasn’t gelled back like yesterday and I could see a few strands of his brown locks striking out. He looked incredibly good for someone who comes to the supermarket..

Realizing I was checking him out and immediately looked down at my shoes. I took in what I was wearing: an old pair of worn out skinny jeans and a simple striped shirt. I shifted on my feet, now anxious of how…plain and simple I looked compared to him.

“Bethany Hamilton.” His voice was deep and somewhat hoarse when he said my name, surprise clearly shown by his tone. “We meet again.”

“We always seem to run into each other in the supermarket, don’t you think?” I asked, amused at the situation. “We saw each other last Sunday, and the Sunday before that, and here we are…in the supermarket….in Sunday…running into each other…again. Are you stalking me?”

Blake let out a bark of laughter. “You amuse me; you do know that right, Bethany?”

This time it was my turn to laugh. “That’s not my objective in coming here Blake. I need to feed this surprising beast over here.” I motioned my head towards Liam who was stretching his arms to Allie who was mimicking him.

“Him too eh? Allie’s been eating like a monster the past few days. My two week food stock only lasted for one.” said Blake, shaking his head with his arms crossed over his firm broad chest. “And you’re getting him tacos?”

I glanced at the package in my hand and flustered a bit. Who on earth blushes looking at a box of taco shells?! Seriously, this is getting annoying.

“Well he eats them.” I shrugged and chucked the box in the cart. “I don’t like eating fried chicken twenty four seven.”

“Ugh.” Blake groaned and rolled his eyes. “I don’t like fried chicken anymore. After eating them straight for almost a week, I now find it disgusting.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Al-ee!” Liam suddenly cried from beside, scaring me.

Sighing, I carried him off the seat and to the ground. The only one thing I did to avoid him getting lost or wandering around the store was now kaput. Blake did the same to his daughter as he brought her little yellow dressed clad body to the floor. Liam ignored me almost instantly when his eyes landed on the girl.

I crossed my arms over chest and stared at the two little children holding hands. I clenched and unclenched my own hand, feeling a little nostalgic on the last time I held hands with someone I liked but quickly reverted my thoughts on something else.

Looking around, I rapidly regret my decision in doing so when I caught Dani’s gaze. She came towards us, a basket in her hand and waving franticly in the air to catch out attention, not that it was already on hers in the first place.

I silently groaned and turn to the other way.

“Blake, Bethany. I’m surprised to see you guys here, together.” She elbowed on my side but gentle enough to not cause me to groan out loud.

“Go away Dani.” I scowled. She found another new thing to tease me with. Can’t wait what she’ll say to Marcus tomorrow.

“Aw don’t be such a sourpuss Beth.” She smirked and elbowed me again. “So what are you two doing here?”

“Getting plastic surgery.” I retorted sarcastically, rolling my eyes. What else would we do in a supermarket?

Blake chuckled and Dani narrowed her eyes at me.

“Right.” She dragged the word. “Besides having your face redone, are you two on a date?”

“No.” I answered quickly, my cheeks sporting the color red. “Isn’t your girlfriend waiting for you?”

“She broke up with me yesterday, not that we were in a relationship in the first place.” She shrugged, sounding amused. “She told me she wasn’t ready to be in a relationship with me last week and now she’s breaking up with me. I don’t know what’s going in that head of hers.”

“You’re homosexual?” Blake asked.

“Bisexual.” Both Dani and I chorused as we turned to look at him.

“Hm.” Blake nodded, his lips pressed into a thin line. “I never guessed.”

“Never judge a book by its cover.” Dani quoted with a sly grin. What is she up to now?

“I’m not.” He raised his hands up as if in defeat.

“Anyways guys. I have to go.” Dani gestured to the cash registers on the other side of the aisle. “My cousin wants brussel sprouts and Oreos for some weird Russian German drink recipe he got from one of his friends. Would you guys want some? I could bring my share tomorrow. I really don’t plan on drinking it.”

I made a face and so did Blake. “No thanks. I’d rather not have diarrhea for the rest of the week.”

“What about you Blake? You’re coming over tomorrow like the usual, right?”

Blake coming over was like something Dani, and the rest of the female employees I hire, look forward to. They have even been showing up earlier than usual recently.

“I am and no thank you for the drink.” Blake shook his head. “I don’t think my stomach can take that.”

“Me too.” Dani scowled when she checked the time in her phone. “I’ve got to ring this up now. Wish me luck and should that I be absent tomorrow Beth, you know the reason why.”

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. “I’ll send you rolls and rolls of tissue paper then.”

“I’ve got that covered already.” She yelled as she ran away from us, holding up a pack of half a dozen tissue rolls in one hand. “No PDA and be safe!”

I scowled as I felt the blush creeping up my cheeks when she bid us adieu. Blake laughed, clutching on to his stomach. “I swear I’m going to get back at her one day.”

“You really do blush a lot.” Blake gave me a crooked smile.

“Aunt Beth! Can I have a sleepover?” Liam called my attention, flashing me with his pearly whites. “Pwease?”

“You have school tomorrow.” I shook my head at him.

He tilted his head at me. “I don’t.”

“Huh?” I was now confused. “You do. It’s Monday tomorrow.”

“Their last day was on Friday.” Blake said and immediately I felt embarrassed. I was supposed to know that considering being Liam under my care for the time being.

I frowned and turn my attention back to Liam. “You told me your last day was this Friday, not last week’s.”

He gave me a sheepish grin. “Well…I still wanted to see Al-ee every day.”

Sighing, I shook my head. How could I reprimand a kid for wanting to see a girl he had a crush on?

“Can I?” Liam gave me puppy dog eyes which pretty much worked.

“Fine. But you have to ask Blake.” I said, turning to him. He blinked a couple of times before realizing we were now talking about him.

“Oh, me. Uh, I don’t know.”

Liam frowned. “Pwease?”

After a few moments of hesitations, “Why not?” he shrugged. “It’s already summer anyways and we’ve got nothing planned as of now.”

Liam clapped his hands and jumped in delight. Allie did the same.

“The next thing you know it’s going to be Liam sleeping over at your place.” I mutter and chuck another package of taco shells to the cart. “Do you eat tacos?”

He nodded in response.

“Does Allie eat them?”

“She eats anything.” He rolled his eyes.

After getting the rest of our needed ingredients which were meat, eggs, butter, bread, and milk, we rang them up and head to the parking lot.

“Do you want to go back to your place to get Allie’s stuff or just drop her off then get her things?” I asked, stuffing the groceries in my car.

After a few moments, he answered. “What if you could bring Allie with you then I’d go to my place, get her stuff then go to yours? Will that be okay?”

“That will be perfectly fine.”

We parted ways. Liam and Allie sat at the back seat, making me feel like their chauffeur. The drive to my place only took eight minutes. The entire time, I listened to their conversation which consisted of playing and eating their way through the night. They would play Wii when we get back, then play with Liam’s Lego blocks (which caused me to scream in pain and fall down my butt this morning), and to the swing set I had in my backyard (I am still a kid at heart. Don’t judge) before dinner.

I nodded my head, driving through the streets.

We arrived in my house after seven minutes and it took me about three minutes to locate my keys and open my house and get the groceries in. Skittles and Bruce were waiting for me to open the door. They stay outside during the day for some fresh air and exercise.

“Right hand.” I called out.

“Yellow.” Blake replied immediately, a mischievous grin on his face as I tried to twist my body. “Left foot.”

“Blue.” I smirked back as he twisted his body so that his left foot was on the blue circle. “Right foot.”

We were playing Twister- yes, Twister. A twenty four year old and a twenty seven year old can play that game. Liam and Allie were outside playing with the sprinkler since they decided playing with his Lego blocks would be boring.

I was in the middle of unpacking Liam’s stuff with Blake helping me when we came across the Twister box. So being the opportunist he is, he dared me to play the game with him and being the stupid girl I am, I agreed.

We were both stuck in…an inappropriate position. Playing this game will always tend to end up in inappropriate positions. I was facing up in a very awkward position and he was hovering over me, one of his hands underneath me.

“Red. Left foot”

“Green. Left hand.”

“Red. Right hand.”

“Blue.” I gave a sly grin knowing he was close to falling and that meant losing. “Right foot.”

“Going back to yellow Bethany.” He smirked as I tried to reach yellow with my right foot. “Left foot.”

“Going back to green Blake.” I countered. “Left-”

I was cut off when Blake gave in and fell on top of me, nearly crushing me. No it’s not one of those fall and we land face to face, our lips touching. It wasn’t like that. Yeah he fell on me, our bodies clashed together as I made an ‘oof’ sound.

But the thing is, his face landed on my chest, more specifically on my boobs. Smack right in the center.

_____

So instead of updating twice a week like I did so, I will now only update once a week because school is almost about to start. I only have like a week left of summer freedom.

And tell me but don't spoil because I haven't watched it yet, HOW IS THE FAULT IN OUR STARS?! I was crying when I read the book and I'm going to watch the film...soon. Although spoiling will not do too much damage because it is based off a book but still, don't.

And honestly? I am excited to cry in The Fault because well, it's TFIOS.

Enough of my the fault blabbering here. How was the chapter? I think i moved too fast with the sleepover but this did happen one week later. And how was Blake's smooth landing? I didn't want them to kiss yet because of this and it's so cliche that they fall and they land perfectly lips to lips. Like why can't I trip in front of Chace Crawford or Matt Lanter or Ansel Elgort (tfios over here!) and perfectly end up kissing them?

So vote, comment, fan and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 26.7K 65
Two complete different personalities would have to learn to get along and play nice in order to survive a will that would change their lives. For twe...
5.2M 148K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...
3.2K 109 8
"No! That's not what I want!" I panic. "Then what do you want? I'm sorry I can't be the perfect boyfriend. I need to get all this crap figured out b...
2.8M 107K 35
He was his first best friend, his first crush, his first kiss, and his first love... Chris Donovan has never known peace since that fateful night. He...