Remnants of a Color

By Rem_Flare

This is an original story (the pictures and videos/songs are not mine), based off of my depressed state after... More

Story Insight...
Chapter 2: Her Workday...
Chapter 3: What...Happened?... Was it karma? Pure hatred?......
Sorry, not a Chapter *A/N~ (but please read)
Chapter 4: Sometimes Reality Hurts

Chapter 1: Her Everyday......

25 5 3
By Rem_Flare

A student of The University of Second Beginnings was walking back out of her dorm building, heading towards her work at a cafe called "Coco-Latte's". Her name is Remnants Orchid -yes, I know, an unusual name, but she isn't a normal person, although she definitely looks the part-, most of her colleagues just call her "Rem." and her teachers just call her "Miss Orchid". Now -as I said before- she isn't remotely close to being a normal person, in fact, she not even human. Her race -more like the type of being that she is- is from the underworld.

Yes, if you were guessing a demon or devil, you are very close. She's not just any kind of devil, she is a Pure-Blood Devil, or as the lower class demons call them, "Royals". As they have more magic, they are at the top of the underworld hierarchy, and they have the rights to do as they please, which is normally never a good thing. But Rem is a different case.

She wishes not to be a part of the Devil's' Royal Bloodline. Nor does she want to deceive or hurt any of the humans she is living amongst or any of the others that live outside of her current town. She has given up any hope that she once had of ever being accepted for the being that she is and is still shunned by "The Angels in the Stars of Hope" -yes, that is what the Angels call themselves in their war, heh, more like petty fight against the Devils and "Fallen Ones". Although, she has found love and wants to keep it in her life, but her relationship is what complicates her existence in the Human Realm.

~ * ~ * ~

Finally, Rem got to the back of the cafe's building. She makes her way up the short, boring molded concrete stairs that lead up to a small platform before the rusty iron door. Unlike the beautifully carved diorite slabs of the stairs up to the crystal-like stained glass front door for the customers.

Stiffly opening the rusted door, she starts to smell the sweet pastries and desserts that are being made. The scene, sounds, and scents splash over her in a giant wave of warmth and laughter. She stood there paralyzed by the familiar, yet still astounding, harmony of the cafe's kitchen, forgetting that the door was still wide open.

"And there's the devil 'erself... Ay! Rem, get in 'ere and close the door behind yer'self! Your letting out the cool air!" a friendly accented yell came from over at the ovens, across the kitchen, snapping Rem out of her trance.

"Oh! U-um, sorry Aki! R-right away." Rem stuttered out, quickly, but messily, responding to her peer and friend.

She steps in and closes the door. Then everything paused in the kitchen...

"REM!!!" everyone exclaims in joy and relief.

Before she was aware of it, all of her co-workers, or to her, her closest friends, were toppling over each other to greet their friend, the youngest of the co-workers, who brought everything together. And soon Rem was lying on the floor, the wind knocked out of her, with all eight of her friends "dog-piling" on her, hugging her tightly, almost squeezing her to death -if that's even possible for her, am I right?

Then the eight co-workers were back on their feet brushing themselves off, ready to get back to work.

Aki helps Rem back onto her feet and says with great relief, "Thank god you got here just now, we really need yer' help right now."

"Rush hour?"

"Yup."

"Okay, I'll go get my uniform on quickly; I'll be back in a few minutes, okay Aki?"

"Mkay Rem. Well, when you get back, could you go out there and help Ash take orders? Then start making the coffees that were ordered; you know do yer' thing; make 'em taste amazing like you normally do. Please?"

"Heheheh, sure thing, Aki," Rem giggles out.

And in a swift motion Rem was gone; off to the Staff Room changing room, which is the next floor up.

After about four minutes Rem came scrambling down the stairs from the Staff Room, with excitement blazing in her, normally fervent, odd colored, blue and purple ombre, eyes. She quickly ties an apron around her waist and clumsily stumbles out of the kitchen doors to take over at the front counter, to help out her rushed comrade, Ash.

Ash -and her big sister, Aki, sorry I forgot to put it in there (XP forgive me please)- is actually a fellow devil rebelling against her own Royal Blood family's devious ways, which Rem and the others know.

"Ash! Sorry for taking so long, how chaotic is it? I hope it wasn't too stressful for you to handle it alone," Rem mumbles out rapidly in tire and concern for her fellow devil friend.

"No, no! You're absolutely fine, I'm just glad you're here, Rem!" Ash quickly uttered out as she was taking orders from a group of pervy guys who were checking her out. Then with great concern for her friend in her voice, Ash asks, "By the way how's it been going? Have you decided to tell him?"

"I appreciate your concern dear friend from the Seatree Demon house, and... no, my worry hasn't gotten much better, but I have indeed made up my mind to tell him. I'm just very nervous about it," Rem responds soulfully. "But hey, let's not dote on my situation, you seem to have your hands full with those young teenage boys there," Rem states with a smirk spreading upon her dark pink, delicate lips, "eheheheh~!"

"Oh come on Miss Orchid, you'll be helping me deal with these pervy young men, too, since you're out here to help take orders for a while. At least until the rush hour dies down," Ash playfully retorts as she's writing down an order from one of the many boys that haven't ordered yet.

"Aye. Well, I'd better get to taking the other boys' orders," Rem states plainly with a small smile engraved onto her soft lips as she walks over to the other side of the counter next to Ash, to take the orders of the other customers.

"I can take orders over here," she states loudly for the customers to hear, and the long line in front of Ash splits in two and gravitates to Rem's side of the counter. Just then her favorite song came on, "Colors" by Halsey. Humming, and dancing a little, along to the lyrics:

"Your little brother never tells you but he loves you so~

You said your mother only smiled on her tv show~

You're only happy when your sorry head is filled with dope~

I hope you make it to the day you're twenty-eight years old~...

You're dripping like a saturated sunrise~....

You're spilling like an overflowing sink~...

You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece~

And now I'm tearing through the pages and the ink...~

Everything is blue~

His pills^, his hands^, his jeans^~...

And now i'm covered in the colors, pulled apart at the seams~

And it's blue~...

And it's blue~...

Everything is grey~

His hair^, his smoke^, his dreams^~...

And now he's so devoid of color ->

He don't know what it means~

And he's blue~...

And he's blue~........"........

So beginning Rem's long, but enjoyable work shift.

*~A/N~*

Alright, so I'm wondering if I should do a chapter about how her work day goes because if I do, the next update will probably take way longer than it should. The other chapters I already have written in a separate doc, but I'm feeling that I should add on to the story in some parts, one of the parts is this one.

Please let me know in the comments below, and thank you for reading the official first chapter of my book.

Peace out my Sweet little Sun Flares ;3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 800 29
Islami - Romansa - Spiritual • Berawal dari terpaksa menerima kenyataan bahwa dirinya akan dijodohkan, hanya karena itu merupakan permintaan almarhu...
13.7M 550K 80
"I know that we will never be a real couple, but we can at least be nice to each other Aneel" I told him. I've had enough. Tears were starting to pri...
14.4K 1.2K 28
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...
2.5M 124K 49
In wattys2018. Spiritual+Romance. Ranking 2 in spiritual (4 March 2018) He's bold. She's shy. He's full of confidence. She's outspoken. He's a workah...