The Last Touch #3

Door TheScarletAngel_

Being told he has a terminal illness has made Elijah Hunt rearrange his priorities. Trading his workaholic-ne... Meer

Copyright
Cast
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue
New Title/Cover

17

3.3K 178 18
Door TheScarletAngel_

Eli

I heard her small gasp of surprise and tried to look at the interior through her eyes.

The floor was tiled in a design that makes it look like glossy washboard white pine,the walls were painted brown which would have been boring except it made a beautiful contrast with the white ceiling that had a black stoichometry design smack in the middle.

There was a big white two seater chair with black and brown striped throw pillows. Beside the chair was a side table with my two favourite books on it.

On the other side of the two seater were two white office chairs with a side table between them and a sleek black lamp on it.

There was a black rug separating the two seater and the office chairs instead of a table because of the tight space.

Further down was a sink,countertops,cupboards,a stove and a black fridge. Opposite it there was a dining table with two brown striped dining chairs.

A tall gold flower and another side table separated the dining area from the two seater chair.

The black glass door that led to the bedroom was opened and it showed the bedroom had the same elegant floor and ceiling design as the living area,the walls there also a light brown.

It had a large bed with white covers,a large black wardrobe and another black door that led to a medium sized bathroom that had both a shower and a bath.

"It's beautiful Eli." Zoe said her voice breathless.

I grin at her "I know."

To be honest the reason I bought this RV was because of it's classy design,the bomb-Ass stereo in front,and the fast speed.

Oh,did I mention the glass is bulletproof?.

That's why I couldn't resist buying it immediately it was released. As of now only three other people had this kind of RV-though it's interior design is different from mine-. The designer, his son who happens to be a gypsy and a connoisseur.

Zoe

The next day.

"All aboard!!." I yelled pumping my fist in the air as I ran into the RV,Eli walking behind me at a slower pace.

"Hurry slow poke!" I shouted as I jumped into the driver's seat. Eli finally consented to me driving his precious after a lot of begging and persuasion that might have involved a blowjob. Wink wink.

I brought out my coin from my pocket with a grin "choose a number." I told Eli as he grumpily sat in the passenger's seat.

"150."

I rolled my eyes at him "maybe I should have said choose a reasonable number. You can't really expect me to toss the blasted coin a 100 times do you?."

He shrugged "you're the one who came up with the stupid idea."

I gasped indignantly slapping him on his shoulder "Don't be a sore loser Eli. I won the driver's seat fair and square."

"Right." He muttered.

"All's fair in love and war honey. Now pick a number."

"Eight."

I tossed the coin eight times. "Tails. Left it is!."

I twisted the key into the ignition and the car started with a purr. I jumped in my seat switching on the stereo.

Immediately low by juicy j came on. Eli glanced at me in surprise.

I grinned at him I might have changed the playlist last night.

"Fasten your seatbelt hon." I said releasing the clutch. "Yes baby!" I yelled when we pulled out of the driveway,then started singing along loudly to the song.

******

"Don't go chasing waterfalls please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to,I know you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all but I think you're moving too fast" I sang along to my favourite song poking Eli on his shoulder.

He rolled his eyes at me "I can't believe you still know that song. Just how old are you?."

I punched him lightly on his shoulder "You don't ask a girl how old she is. Last toss of the day babe,choose a number."

He flashed his teeth at me in a grimace "six."

I cheerfully tossed the coin "Heads. Right it is." After driving down a deserted road for a few minutes we finally saw a sign board.

Welcome to Rangeville. Population /8000. Welcome.

"Rangeville?" I ask brows raised.

Eli shrugged "they probably have a shooting range here or something."

We got a few curious glances as we parked the RV in front of a cafe with a signboard saying 'Ashley's'.

As we walked into the cafe several heads turned and conversations stopped. They probably didn't have much tourists or visitors.

Eli and I walked to the counter to place our orders. Black coffee for him and a macchiato for me.

We hadn't sat down for more than three minutes when a middle aged woman with black hair and piercing green eyes approached us.

"Hi!. I'm Rachel." She said with a smile.

"I'm Zoe. He's Eli."

She took a chair beside me "you folks don't mind if I sit here do you?."

"Not at all." Eli said dryly.

"Ooh. What a lovely accent. You from the uk?."

"Born and raised."

Her eyes lit up "really?. Lovely country. My husband and I went up there for a holiday two years ago. It was amazing."

"Anyways are you here honeymooning?." She glanced discretely at my ring finger "ah. Sorry. So you're cousins then?."

I took a sip of my coffee leaving Eli no choice but to answer. He didn't,the asshole.

"No" I said.

Rachel laughed "oh I see it's that way huh?" She winked at me.

"What way?." I asked even though I had a feeling I didn't want to know.

"You're planning to elope!. Your parents aren't in support of your relationship?. This ain't Vegas but we do have a chapel here and a priest."

"Las Vegas" Eli muttered.

"What?."

"It's Las Vegas."

She eyed him "I know that."

"People who live there call...never mind."

Rachel shrugged "Anyway you folks are lucky because tomorrow is our Renaissance festival!." She said with a grin.

I stared blankly at her. Eli stared blankly at her. She glanced between Eli and I and back again. Then she gasped.

"You don't know what a Renaissance festival is do you?."

"Nope."

"Why you ought to be ashamed!. What rock have you been living under?."

"New York city" I said with a shrug.

She rolled her eyes "God help you city people,why you'd want to live with all that noise is beyond me."

She sighed "A Renaissance festival sometimes called fair is an outdoor gathering usually held during the weekend but who cares about protocols nowadays?."

"Nobody."

"Exactly!. Anyways it's open to everyone and typically commercial in nature. Gotta roll in the money ya know?. It recreates a historical setting for the amusement of its guests. So basically it's a costume party.

"You wear clothes worn in a particular century. The theme for tomorrow is a fall outdoor soirée. 17th century."

She rummaged through a purse I didn't know she was carrying and took out a flyer.

"Here" she said placing it in front of me. I picked it up.

There was a picture of a couple wearing historical outfits about to dance under the moonlight. The woman was in the middle of a curtesy holding the man's right hand. The man had one hand behind him while he bowed.

In cursive letters were the words:

     'THE ELIZAVETHAN FALL
FAYRE.'

In the middle of the flyer were the  words:

         'The residents of Rangeville invites all and sundry to their annual Renaissance festival on October 24th,4:00pm. Be there!!.'

"Wow" I said giving Eli the flyer "it must take a lot of preparations."

"It does. But that's mostly because instead of celebrating Halloween here we have the festival so." She shrugged.

"It sounds fun" I said honestly.

"It is!. And just think,you can get married there!. It'd be magical."

"No thanks." Eli said and I nodded in agreement.

She sighed "it was worth a try. So will you come to the festival for fun?."

I glanced at Eli who shrugged "we'll see" I told her.

"In the meantime what recreational activities are available here?." Eli asked.

She smirked at him "we have several committees 'say goodbye to bachelorhood','married men counsel','let's talk wife','expectant daddies' are but a few."

At Eli's horrified look I burst out laughing with Rachel joining me.

"Is he always this gullible?." She asked me.

"No but it's always funny when he falls for it." I answered still chuckling.

"We have a shooting range,a spa,sauna,several boutiques,a theatre, and a few restaurants." Rachel told Eli.

"Nana!."

Eli and I turned to see a boy with a mop of blonde hair and blue eyes run into Rachel's arms.

"Mom said you'd be here and that I should tell you that she got a call that aunt Denise's water just broke." He rushes out.

Rachel's eyes widened "Really?."

He nodded.

She faced us "well gotta go. Duty calls. Hope to see you tomorrow." She said before standing up with the boy in her arms.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

88.3K 7.8K 70
✭ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫-𝐑𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✭ The saying 'it runs in the family' was never meant to include crime in the Warner-Ril...
44.1K 1.3K 29
When a freelance job brings Zoe, a notorious computer hacker, into contact with charming billionaire Parker, she can't deny the sparks between them...
360K 8.7K 63
~I shudder and lean over, staring into her chocolate irises. "Are you sure?" "Yes." Without another word, I crash my lips on her own, removing the ri...
916K 21.4K 25
"Their tongues danced together in a disgusting sort of manner, before he pushed her away and moved on to the next one, they were practically throwing...