Molten Chocolate (The Hollens...

By MavelineBelle

"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was a... More

Chapter 1: Molten Chocolate
Chapter 2: The Starlet
Chapter 3: Alert! Alert!
Chapter 4: Boss
Chapter 5: You're Fired!
Chapter 6: Jessica Hills
Chapter 7: Bed Base
Chapter 8: Blame It On The Alcohol
Chapter 9: Wild Thoughts
Chapter 10: All Aboard
Chapter 11: What To Do?
Chapter 12: The 'Cays'
Chapter 13: Bury My Heart
Chapter 14: Crunch Munch
Chapter 15: Boss Is Back
Chapter 16: Ring This
Chapter 17: Ding!
Chapter 18: Let Yourself Out
Chapter 19: Will You?
Chapter 20: Brace Yourself
Chapter 21: Solution
Chapter 22: Unexpected
Chapter 23: Pills and Embarrassment
Chapter 24: Girl Chat
Chapter 25: Reconsideration
Chapter 26: Dinner Invite
Chapter 27: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 28: More Than Dinner
Chapter 29: Pick A Side
Chapter 30: Sleep On It
Chapter 31: Finally
Chapter 32: Mine
Chapter 33: Muffins
Chapter 35: "I Quit!"
Chapter 36: The Truth And Nothing But
Chapter 37: Apologizing
Chapter 38: Repercussions
Chapter 39: Breathe Again
Chapter 40: What Now?
Don't Tell Me
A Frozen Hell?
Getting Situated
Cool Off
Tell Me About It
It's in the Eyes
A Kiss Is Just A Kiss
Breaking Point
Who's Responsible
Help Me Pick A Cover
Keys
Blast From The Past
Breaking Down The Walls
Collision Coast
Boy Talk
Don't Test Me
It's Time
And The DNA Test Says....
Out
Moving On
Where It Hurts
I've Always Loved You
BONUS CHAPTER
COOKIES AND CREAM
IT'S HERE
Cherry On Top
Final Chapter
COMING SOON

Chapter 34: Under Attack

190K 8.7K 1.3K
By MavelineBelle

Jasmine's POV

"Can we please have this to go? I'm not feeling so good suddenly," I lied.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Concern in his voice as his eyebrows creased on his forehead.

"I think I might be coming down with the cold or something. Can we just go, like, right now?"

"Sure. Lets get you home."

Shooting up from my seat, I took the lead and walked out the cafe easily and unseen.

___________
"You can't be serious! You're doing exactly what I told you not to do," Zenia grilled me like I was the younger one. I had told her what transpired at the cafe. "You're just lucky he hadn't seen you. You're playing with fire and you're going to get burned if you don't settle those flames. Just make up your mind and stop playing games with those two men.

"It's either you forgive Bradley completely and accept him back in your life, or just tell Evan everything and he could give you back the money to refund Bradley, since you feel you owe him so much, and then you can send him on his way and get him out of your life."

"It's not even that simple."

"It is that simple; you're making it complicated. Anyways, I have to get to work now. Have a nice day." She planted a quick kiss on my cheek and ran out the door.

Mom had already left for her job before I got back so I was home alone. It was July and I was thankful for the day off. I was so exhausted from that trip.

I put on the television and decided to look at GSDC-- Gossip and Sweet Drama Channel. Lo and behold, Jessica Hills was being interviewed and it peaked my interest, since I had slept with her ex.

"So Jessica, what's this rumor about you and Evan Hollen being engaged?" the interviewer asked.

"Oh Patty, it's not a rumor. It's a fact, actually."

"Why hasn't it gone public yet?"

"Evan doesn't want it to hit the fan just yet. His parents don't even know about it, so I'm only saying this now because you've managed to put me on the spot." She answered and giggled.

I scoffed as I drank some water.

"Jessica, I just want to congratulate you on that, but something surfaced recently, and that's one of the main reasons we called you to the show."

"What's that Patty?"

The monitor screen showed a picture of Evan and me in the Bahamas. We were holding hands walking through the hotel lobby. I choked on the water. I knew something like this would happen.

Jessica laughed-- a very nasty laugh. "Her? Oh Patty, I thought it was something bigger than that."

"Do you know her?"

"Of course I know her. She's his assistant. Jasmine Blackman."

"But don't you think she's looking a bit too comfortable with your fiance?"

"Oh don't you worry about that. Maybe I was too friendly with her at his office so she got the wrong impression about me. She'll feel my wrath for that little stunt she's trying to pull. I think she's just desperate and wants attention or a spotlight...or a bonus!" she finished off with another nasty laugh.

I felt sick. I turned the television off.

I had just started going out with Evan and it had already started. I had a feeling more attacks were absolutely coming my way. I felt vulnerable, suddenly, and I was home alone.

I decided to scroll through my Instagram to post a recent picture of me.

Even billionaires love trash.

She's such a slut.

Leave the happy couple alone and find your own man. Black trashcan!

It's black women like you who gives the decent black women like us a bad name.

Did he promised you a bonus if he banged you?

You're very beautiful and I think you and Hollen makes a lovely couple.

Girl, people are going to hate but you can't listen to them. You just do you.

I'll like to see you and Evan Hollen get married and shut Jessica Hills up.

You can tell Jessica Hills is bitter.

You and Evan Hollen would never last you stupid bitch! I would help Jessica Hills beat your ass!

I wish he would actually fire you when he comes to his senses.

I was right. The attacks were coming, and kept on coming, and I was even threatened.

I texted Evan immediately. After five minutes, my phone was ringing. He was calling.

"Hey baby. You sounded so upset," he began.

"Because I am upset Evan. I'm being socially attacked! And it all because of Jessica! She went to GSDC and she... she said some awful things... Then I checked Instagram and people are saying all sort of stuff... and... and..." I was frantic. I wasn't even speaking fluently. Tears were in my voice and a pain was creasing onto my chest. I hated that feeling.

"Baby. Baby, listen to me, please, calm down. Where are you?"

"I'm home and I'm alone. I'm scared honestly. You didn't see some of the comments people were making. I was threatened!" I cried.

"Okay. I'm coming to get you. We'll spend the day together at my mansion and I'll have my damage control team on this immediately. Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled through my tears.

"Stay put until I arrive. I'm coming to get you right now."

___________
Evan's POV

I had just finished up my casual meeting with my lawyers when I checked my phone and saw a received text message from Jasmine. I called her back immediately. She was scared out of her mind. I knew she was crying. After explaining, through tears, that Jessica had gone on a gossip television show and tried to bash her image, she was attacked by folks on Instagram who had some terrible things to say and even felt the need to make threats towards her.

I wasn't about to leave her in that state without even being by her side. She was new to this and hadn't adapted to it as yet. Molding her and coaching her into this world of war was a necessity if she was to have peace of mind and be with me.

I hit the accelerator and arrived at her house in twenty minutes. She opened the door and threw herself in my arms instantly. I held her neck against my chest.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here now, baby. You don't have to be scared anymore."

I held her chin up so she was looking into my eyes. Hers were red. She had been crying.

Without another word, I wrapped my arm around her waist and led her to my car. She slide in easily and I got into my driver's seat. I drove us homeward.

On seeing my car, the gates were opened and I drove up to the entrance of my mansion. I opened the door. Taking her hand in mine, we went upstairs to my master bedroom.

"Baby, are you alright?" I asked, placing her on the bed on her behind.

She nodded yes.

"You don't have to be afraid of the attention that other people are looking for. No one is going to hurt you. They're only empty vessels. No one out there would have the balls to even think about hurting you."

I placed a kiss on her forehead.

She gave me a smile. Then her eyes roamed the bedroom.

I changed into something more comfortable and at home while she drifted off to sleep in my bed made by Dr. O'Malley of Ireland.

I laid down next to her and pulled her against my chest. I kissed her lips softly.

My poor baby.

After ten minutes, making sure she was sound asleep, I walked out the balcony and phoned Jessica.

"What game are you really trying to play, Jessica?"

"Oh, I'm not playing any games. I was saying what our future would be like, because we'll get married eventually."

"Ha! You have a crazy imagination."

"Evan what I did, I did it for us."

"Listen to me, there's no us! And don't ever try to pull such a stupid ass stunt again or else I'm going to sink you. You're running a race you're not even qualified for. Just leave Jasmine alone. And you could consider that a warning, you know I don't like repeating myself."

"She's already cheating on you!" I heard her yell from the other end before ending the call.

Jasmine would never!

Would she?

________

A/N

Well actually Evan... You see now.. It's not like that.. It's kinda like this..
😂😂

I can't explain it.

*Please Don't Forget To Click on the Star* 😊 and share/recommend Molten Chocolate with your Wattpad friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 545 36
Kyra has just moved to a different city and has found a job as an assistant for the ceo of a big marketing company. Despite being in a relationship s...
12.6M 460K 52
Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest Ranking#1 in Interracial January,10,2020...
42.2K 1.4K 20
I'm Hers~ The Bosslady Romance I doesn't deserve her. I'm far so good for her. I'm not bold and brave like her. I'm not good enough for her. I'm not...
733K 25.2K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...