Teach Me How To Dance

By donttouchmyfood

Calista Blake is an aspiring dancer in New York City. One Direction is a British-Irish boy band scheming to t... More

Before Reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Authors Note! Please read!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
CONTEST!! You know you wanna enter(:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Sequel? Who Said That?! ;)
One Shot of Niall & Calista

Chapter 18

102K 654 122
By donttouchmyfood

Hope you like this chapter! :) x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up next to Niall, peering open my eyes. The sunlight coming through the window nearly blinded me even though the shades were closed.

I shook Niall, "Hey, Niall. Wake up!"

"Mhmmhm." He mumbled.

"I'm going to make coffee. I'm dead."

"Make tea!"

"No. Tea's yucky. Americans like coffee. I'm American."

"Boo. Wait, do you need help?"

"Nah, I'm fine. I'll manage."

I got out of bed onto my one foot and decided to hop into the kitchen. I was actually getting a lot better at this whole cripple situation. I hopped over to the coffee maker and realized how messed up I must look. Hair everywhere, makeup smudged, 'sleepies' in my eyes. I hope nobody saw me besides Niall. I wondered where everyone else was. I swear, if they popped out at me...

"Is anyone else here?" I called while I started to make the coffee (with one hand, I might add..). No response. I'll take that as a no.

After the coffee was made, I started to pour it out. But, being the stupid person I was, I didn't hold my cup in place (not like I had the extra hand anyway) and hot coffee went everywhere. Everywhere. All over the counter and my body. Can someone say hot?

"Ahh, shit! Niall!" I shrieked as the burning liquid hit my skin. I bent over so the wet clothes wouldn't touch my skin and he came running into the kitchenet only wearing boxers. Hello, six pack. How can I even focus on his six pack while I could potentially be getting burned? No idea.

"What? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asked, extremely concerned.

"I spilled this hot coffee on me and...help!"

He ran over to me, "What do you want me to do? Spray you with a hose? Tell me, I'll do it!"

"What would a hose even help with?" I questioned.

"I don't know! You need to change out of those clothes, though! You'll get burned!"

"Help me to my room! Just hop me there! If I get in my wheelchair the clothes will stick to my body!"

I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and we made our way to my room. I pounded on the door, hoping Bailey was inside. I, once again, being the stupid person I was, didn't bring a key with me thinking that Bailey would always be with me and she had the key.

"Bailey, open the door!" I knocked.

"She's not there." Niall said in realization.

"Well, what do you expect me to do? Just stand here and get burned in these clothes? I don't have a key! I'm an idiot, haven't you caught on?"

"Just borrow my clothes, then!" Niall suggested.

"Um, I guess I could! Just hurry!" We sped-hopped (is that even a thing?) back over to his room and he yanked out his suitcase.

"What clothes do you want?"

"JUST GIVE ME SOME DAMN CLOTHES!" I yelled, getting really scared that there would be some pretty attractive burns on my stomach.

He ripped out a pair of shorts and a random t-shirt. "Here! Put these on!"

I started to chuckle, even though this situation wasn't the slightest bit funny.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I can't change by myself..." I laughed.

He blushed, which caused me to laugh even more. "Do...you...um...er, need...help?"

"Kinda...you know, right now I could honestly care less if you saw me in a bra and underwear! Just get me out of these freaking clothes!" I replied, ripping off my shirt as quickly as I could. It wasn't really that quick.

Niall helped me strip down, which could or could not have been awkward for him. Much to my extreme surprise, I didn't have that many burns at all. I didn't let the clothes really touch me, so I guess that was why. With Niall's help, I slipped into the shorts and plopped myself into my wheelchair. Niall put on his own shirt, too. I think I was just going to have to accept that fact that I was the ultimate cripple and could not do anything by myself. Unless I wanted some serious burns, of course.

Niall's POV:

So, undressing and redressing Calista was definitely awkward. Extremely awkward.

We went over to the couch and started watching TV, completely forgetting about any cravings we had for coffee or tea. I think that whole coffee spill was enough to wake us both up.

"So where is everyone?" Calista asked.

"I don't have a cl- oh, Liam texted me a while ago saying they all went out for breakfast but didn't feel like waking us up." I said, looking at my unread messages. "How kind of them. I want food."

"But at least you have me!" She grinned widely. I leaned in to kiss her and she didn't hesitate. I played with her soft hair, which was somehow still perfect from the night before. How was that even possible?

We were soon interrupted.

"Oh my eyes!" Liam called out and Calista practically jumped a meter.

I could tell that Cali was blushing crazily. That was just her thing.

"Right when you think you can leave them alone and they'd keep in PG!" Louis exclaimed.

"And she's not even wearing her own clothes!" Harry pointed out.

"That's because I poured coffee all over my clothes and since you idiots took Bailey away from me I couldn't get into my room! So I blame you!"

"Feisty," Louis said.

"Yeah, sorry, that was kind of uncalled for... I'm a little cranky in the mornings before I eat?" She offered.

"You didn't seem too cranky towards Niall."

Now it was my turn to blush.

Calista got back into her wheelchair, "Okay then... I'm gonna go to my room now... I'll see you. Niall, I'll give you your clothes back later, okay?"

"Keep them." I shrugged. I had plenty of clothes. Besides, she looked better in them anyway.

Calista's POV:

Tonight there was a concert. I didn't mind going, I was going to be sitting in the front row. But I knew it was going to make me upset to see the girls dancing while all I could do was sit in my stupid wheelchair.

Management had decided that for the next few shows they would just have four dancers. Lilly had arranged Moments so that they would still dance with the guys. Whichever guy was singing would not be dancing and during the chorus they would randomly switch out. The girls would just switch between guys every so often. Management was still deciding whether or not they should hold auditions for another dancer, but they hadn't come up with a decision yet.

The entire day I spent in my room flipping through channels, hoping something entertaining was on. I ended up watching an all-day marathon of Friends with a pint of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. Fun day, right? Everyone else was busy. The boys had two interviews and the girls were rehearsing for the show tonight.

I tweeted back to plenty of my tweets, a lot of them telling me things such as how much they loved Niall and I together or even my name. They were all so nice! Of course, there were the occasional 'go die' tweets that I just marked as spam. Nobody gets the right to tell other people to die, and nobody deserves to be told to die. That's exactly what I tweeted.

JustCaliHere: thanks to all of you super nice people out there! i love your tweets! to the people sending hate - that's completely rude & you should feel ashamed of yourself.

I continued onto another tweet.

JustCaliHere: nobody deserves to have people telling them to die just because they're dating the person they love... i know this doesn't apply to many of you, but to the people it does, please stop! thank you :)

JustCaliHere: Oh, and have a magical, lovely day filled with unicorns & ponies & glitter & gumdrops & a bunch of other awesome things! xx (wow, i feel really british with the whole x thing..)

You could say my Twitter basically blew up. So I simply logged off. Easy solution and effective. See? I'm smart! I checked the clock. Only two hours to go! Score! Not really. I was bored as hell.

One hour passed...wait, no. That was five minutes. What was up with time? Couldn't I just change the time on my clock and have the actual time change?

I got up and decided to get ready for the concert. I sat down on the bed and flipped around until I finally somehow managed to slip my bottoms off. I think it might've been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. If anyone was watching they'd probably think I was nuts. Rolling around on the bed, bending in every way possible trying to get her clothes off. How awkward.

Somehow, honestly, I don't have the first clue how I did it, after a good twenty minutes, I managed to change into my short, dark wash jean shorts and One Direction t-shirt that the guys gave me to wear. Apparently they wanted me to blend in a look like a 'normal fangirl'. Whatever.

I brushed through my hair, going through any knots. I attempted to put on make up....didn't really work out too well. I mean, it was okay, but doing eyeliner with your non-dominant hand isn't the easiest. Ladies, practice that. You never know when you'll need it.

After getting ready, I had nothing to do so I started taking selfies. Yup, selfies. I'm a loser, what else could you expect?

****

"How are you all doing tonight?" Liam spoke to the crowd. Screams. Plenty of screams. "I'll take that as you're good?" More screams. Is screaming a language or something?

"We'd like to thank you for coming out tonight!" Harry said, with a reply of screams. "This next song you may know, so feel free to sing along!"

He takes your hand, I die a little.

I started to sing along, having been listening to their songs all day, I knew every word.

Niall smiled and waved at me and I did my best fangirl impression with a wink. He laughed, still singing.

Oh, how I wish that was me.

By the time the concert was over, I think I actually lost my hearing. No joke. When I was dancing for them, I'd have earplugs that would block out a lot of the noise. I don't even know how the rest of the fans there could handle the loud noise, but I knew I couldn't. That was actually mental. So what else to do but tweet about it?

JustCaliHere: i think i actually just lost my hearing. directioners are MENTAL. :)

Retweet. Retweet. Favorite. Retweet. Favorite. Retweet. Retweet.

Why did people even follow me and attack my tweets so much? I wasn't even in One Direction; I was just a background dancer!

I was a little upset, though. Watching the girls dance made me all depressed and what not. I wanted to dance, not sit in crowd being all crippley (is that even a word?) while losing my hearing. I hated the feeling where I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Nothing like this had ever held me back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, this was kinda a filler chapter. But I thought it was a little funny...but then again, I laugh at literally everything. I'm strange. Hi.

Tell me what you thought! Oh, and just to let you know (if you were even wondering!), this book is just about over. I don't have much else to do in the story, so there'll probably be about 5 chapters left. Okay, goodbye. :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 647 32
Addison is your normal teenage girl. About to be 18, loves One Direction like most other girls, has a best friend. One thing is shes in remission fro...
3.3K 73 25
Rebecca Darling is your typical New York resident. She's a college student, coffee addict, and One Direction fangirl. Niall Horan is part of the bigg...
4.7K 93 11
Have u heard of the boy band One direction? If u haven't its made up of 4 British and 1 Irish guys. Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Pa...
8K 230 10
Harry Styles is a fanboy, plain and simple. His life pretty much revolves around the British-Irish boyband known as One Direction. Like any other fan...