The True Happiness

By 1Dneverland

Hanna Evans is a normal girl with a huge love for books, instilled by her grandfather. Searching for somethin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Alex special)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Second Part - Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Alex)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 24

125 2 0
By 1Dneverland

10:57 p.m. (of the same day)

"I look like shit," I said out loud looking at myself in the mirror.

"You had a fight yesterday," Diana remembered me and I rolled my eyes.

I sat beside the sink and took off my shirt. She made a disgusted face as she removed the bandages of my wounds, revealing my red skin and wounds that reached under my skin. The cuts surrounded by purple bruises and the bandages full of dried blood made ​​her wrinkle her nose.

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" She asked me, she took out the first aid kit and began to empty the little box taking out what she would need.

"No, I am sure they don't hurt."

She took a piece of cotton and soaked it in alcohol. She carefully cleaned all wounds, including the ones in my face. I tried not to show how much they were burning. She touched the wounds carefully putting cream. She changed the bandages, placing them gently on my skin, and smiled at me.

"You worry too much," I remarked and she pouted.

"I don't want anything to happen to you, Niall."

"Oh, come here," I hugged her, pressing her against my chest. "Nothing bad is going to happen to me. No let's get dressed. I think we have a date."

She laughed as we left the bathroom. The wounds hurt, especially the one I have in the lip and that one I have in the chest. But it is better to be silent and hide it. I put on clean clothes trying not to move much, but it was almost impossible with Diana around me as she spoke and moved sometimes touching my wounds.

“Stop playing and get dress,” I told her, gritting my teeth after she brushed my chest wound without realizing it. She took off her shirt and went to her closet to find something to wear.

It was Sunday and at 9:00 am no one was awake so after a bowl of cereal and a note written by Diana to her parents we went out of the house note. We used her car, for obvious reasons.

"What are we going to do?" She asked me leaning over me while I was driving

“I don’t know. You're better than me in these things, why do not you decide?” I suggested and she pouted hiding her face in my neck. She knelt on her seat and managed to get between my arms. She snuggled against me and in that strange position it was difficult to drive.

"You invited me. You tell me what we are going to do."

“Well, we’ll take about an hour to get to the city, so we have time to think. Now, sit and buckle you seat belt.”

It was hard to drive when she was almost over me and played with me, especially pulling my hair.

“Why are we going to Redwood?”

I sighed. She kept talking and my patience was wearing thin.

“I thought you wanted to go to the movies, and the best theaters are in the city. In Redwood.”

“Look what I brought,” she took out a camera of her purse and I raised a brow before returning my gaze to the road.

“Why did you bring it?”

“I need a pic with you for my wall,” Diana commented, referring to the photo collage on her room’s wall.

I heard the sound of the camera, indicating that a photo had been taken. She had taken my picture. I tried to grab the camera but she moved it out of my reach. I turned to look at her and she took another picture and laughed. I asked her to give me the camera while she escaped me and laughed when she took another picture. We both laughed and I tried to keep us on the road with one hand, while the other I tried to grab the camera.

I heard the horn of a car, I returned my gaze to the road. I turned abruptly when I noticed that we were going in the opposite lane and a car was heading towards us. I heard Diana's body crashing into the passenger seat. The man gave us a curse.

I parked on the side of the road. I looked at Diana how was clung tightly to the seat.

“Are you okay?” I took her face in my hands and examined her, making sure she wasn’t hurt.

“Yeah. I’m sorry, Niall,” her eyes filled with tears.

“It’s okay,” Diana settle in her seat. I buckled her seatbelt before continuing our way.

When we arrived at Redwood Diana had her head against the car window. She did not speak for the rest of the way after the near car accident. When we got to the mall, after parking the car in one of the few empty seats, I waited for Diana to climb out of the car. I offered her my hand and she took it. I squeezed her hand and we walked through the glass doors.

“What do you want to do?” I asked her and she shrugged.

We walked for a while and I was the one who took the pictures. We took several photos during that couple of hours. Some in the fountain, with the guy who looked like a robot, with sculptures and we made several crazy faces. There are a couple of photos in which we are kissing. She spoke to me as I took all the photos, especially of her.

After a while she mentioned that she wanted something sweet and the truth is that eating ice cream with cold weather is the best.

“My favorite is the Oreo one,” she whispered as I ordered the ice creams.

I held her by the waist and kissed her forehead as I gave Diana her ice cream. From the corner of my eye I saw as the door opened and a familiar face entered the shop. Louis. I smiled to myself. It was so fun to rub in his the face that Diana was my girlfriend and not his. Point for me.

“Louis!” She greeted him and I smiled.

“Hey. What are you doing here?”

“We’re eating an ice cream,” she pointed her ice cream.

I kept away from their little conversation; Diana also seemed to have much to say today.

“The others are here, if you want to come with us,” he offered him a hidden intention, approaching Diana. But I did not let that happen.

“We’re going to the movies, why don’t we all go together,” I suggested and Louis narrowed his eyes and looked at me. I smiled at him mockingly.

“To the movies?” Louis asked Diana, knowing that he will just win a sarcastic respond from me.

“We are in a date,” she muttered and Louis looked at her strangely. He had never heard that word in a sentence that included me.

“She’s my girl now,” I savored the words as I looked into his eyes.

I never lose, Louis.

“Oh. We better go with others, are you coming?”

“Sure. Aren’t you going to buy your ice cream?” She asked him.

“No, I don’t feel like it anymore,” he said, shrugged and turned on his heels to exit the store.

We followed him and soon we were with the others. I think it cannot be classified as a date if six people are accompanying the couple, but I have no idea. Louis said nothing about it and the others were too busy to notice that we were always together.

We formed in line to buy tickets for the function. All were arguing what film we would watch. Diana and I simply listened to them. Louis was a few steps away from us while writing something on his phone.

“You want popcorn?” I asked her. She looked the candy and popcorn stand and then the other who had not yet decided.

“Sure.”

Discreetly we move away from the others to go buy the things.

“Niall, in case you have not noticed, you've missed two or three days of work...”

She mentioned while the guy prepared all that we had ordered.

“I know I'll have to do something to make up the days I didn’t go to work,” I said.

“I know that. But ... I was wondering if you'd like some help,” she murmured as the guy behind the counter gave us our food and I paid him.

“It's always good to have some help, especially in a bookstore.”

She smiled at me. After paying the food we went back with others who had decided on an action movie. We bought the tickets and they went to buy candy and who knows what else, while Diana and I waited at the entrance to the theater.

“Stop eating them or we will have nothing for her movie,” she moved the popcorn away from my reach and I rolled my eyes. I gave her a little kiss on the lips and then she was the one who rolled her eyes.

We entered the theater and Diana sat between me and Brandon. It was a movie of "action" where everyone killed everyone and at any moment an intense scene, if you know what I mean, appeared on the screen. Diana had her head on my shoulder as I caressed her left hand. With her free hand she ate popcorn. Brandon whispered things and she just nodded.

The film was not that good, but for the few comments I heard from others, the film did fill their expectations. When the movie ended everyone left. Diana and I stayed a little longer we walk hand in hand. After an hour we returned to her home to get our stuff.

We said goodbye to her parents and I high-fived her siblings. Clara made ​​me promise that I’ll return before taking our stuff and returned to Saint Harris Town. When we arrived it was late at night. Clouds covered the sky, moving the moon away from our view.

“I’m tired,” she whimpered.

“I know, it’s late.”

“I have to ask you something, Niall” she told me while I carry her out of the car.

It was much easier to take her to my house and I did it.

“What do you want to ask me?”

“Clara’s throwing a party for my birthday and I want you to go with me.”

“You want me to go to your party with you?” I climbed up the stairs as quietly as I could.

“Yeah.”

“Okay,” I laid her in my bed. She fell asleep seconds later.

November 4, 2009

10:34 p.m.

Diana has helped me the last few days in the library to make up the days that I had been away. Diana helped me write the name of all books sold, books stored on the back and new books that had arrived and organize the bookshelves.

“Hand me those there,” she asked me. She was on the ladders to reach the top of the bookshelf.

She arranged the books. I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her down the ladder. Diana kissed my cheek and went back behind the counter.

“Could you pass me some tape?” I asked her.

“I’ll go for it.”

She disappeared behind the curtain that closed the cellar where we had the other books and some other things. The bell above the door rang, indicating that a customer had arrived. I rolled my eyes and turned to see the door.

“Niall!”

I went to roll my eyes again when I saw her. I don’t even remember her name. She was the kind of one night girl who you forget the next day.

“Hi,” I answered disinterested.

“How’ve you been? I haven’t seen you since… That summer night.”

“Uhm… Yeah, that.”

I saw Diana returned with the tape, put it on the counter and returned to put the books in their place.

“Do you need something?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I need these books,” she handed me a list.

“Tell Alex to give them to you,” I know that it wasn’t very good to send her with Diana when she was not working here, but I really wanted that girl away from me.

While Diana was looking for books I concentrated on finishing organizing books.

“Do you work here?” She asked Diana.

“No, I’m just helping Niall for a couple of days,” she turned to see her.

After she finished searching the books she them brought to the counter. I cashed them as Diana wrote the names of sold books. The girl winked at me as she handed me the money and I just rolled my eyes. She left saying that I should call her to "Repeat that summer night." I just laughed.

“You fucked her, don’t you?”

“You are so direct, Diana.”

She looked at me with a raised brow. I grabbed her by her waist and sighed.

“Was she that obvious?”

“Mhm.”

“Don’t be jealous. How many nights have I been with you, hugging you in your sleep?”

I started tickling her sides and she giggled.

“Many.”

“Exactly. So don’t be jealous.”

“I’m not.”

I kissed her forehead.

“Yes, you are.”

She kissed me on the lips and I responded to her. She sat on the counter and stroked my hair as I rested my head on her chest. I stroked her legs beneath her ​​skirt.

“Niall?”

“Mmm.”

“Why Audrey is angry with you? And why Liam is always watching me?”

Oh, no. Every time she made more questions about the plan.

“Audrey is crazy and that’s why she’s angry. Liam looks at you because you're beautiful.”

“I don’t like it. He laughs every time he looks at me. Like he’s waiting for me to slip or something.”

“I’ll talk to him, Diana.”

“I do not want to go to school tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“Tomorrow they will deliver the invitations. I don’t want everyone to look funny at me.”

“You worry too much. Now hurry to bring your stuff, it's time to close...”

November 5, 2009

5:37 p.m.

Guess where I am. With the psychologist. Great, is not it? Motherfucker.

Today at lunchtime several girls in their twenties entered the cafeteria. Diana cringed in her seat and hid her face against my arm. The girls had boxes and boxes of invitations. They began to distribute them in all tables. All began to murmur as they watched her. She continued to eat slowly, as if nothing was happening.

“Do you live in West Rose Hill?” Nadia asked.

I began to caress her hand reassuringly. She nodded as she chewed slowly.

“Cool,” Brooke smiled.

I turned to look left and noticed Liam staring at Diana, smiling mischievously. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. He looked at me and I motioned him to accompany me. I stood up from the table whispering to Diana, "I'll be back."

Liam followed me, knowing what was best for him.

“What’s the matter, Bro?” He asked me in the coolest way possible when we were at one of the lonely hallways.

“What’s the matter? The matter is that you are staring at Alex and she thinks you're going to make her a joke. Not like the one we planned, but it is bad that she thinks you want to do something. That puts at risk the entire plan.”

“Okay, calm down. Are you sure that's the only reason why it bothers you that I look at her?”

“Don’t insinuate things, Payne, o I will beat the shit out of you.”

“Calm down. It’s not that I her or something like that, but those legs are under fire and believe me that's not just me.”

“Payne…” I said between clenched teeth.

“Okay. I’ll no longer watch her unless it’s necessary so she would not suspect of our plan.”

“You better,” I warned him before returning to the cafeteria.

10:49 p.m.

“All right Niall, conventional therapy has not helped,” the psychologist emphasized.

He forced me to stop writing in the notebook.”

“That’s not my fault,” I answered him with despise.

“Well. As it did not work it’ll me the one to start the conversation today.”

“Sure,” I rolled my eyes.

“So your father told me you're here to improve your attitude. He mentioned that your behavior started since your mother died. Is that true?” He asked me looking at his notes.

“Yeah.”

“Okay. Why did it begin after that?”

I wanted to kill him. I wanted him to be quiet. The memories came back and I was sinking into darkness. I didn’t want to remember. Remember hurts, I don’t want to feel pain because no one else feels it. I closed my eyes tightly, clenched my teeth and closed my hands into fists.

“Was she a good mother?”

All I could think was that I wanted him to shut up.

“Is that why you act like that? Do you feel offended? Do you feel hurt? What was her name? Have you been dealing well with her death all these years? Did you do something you regret?”

His voice became confused. The voices of the past and present blended in my head. I felt dizzy, overwhelmed.

“Shut up! Dam it!”

“It’s that Niall? You regret something?”

I felt weak and vulnerable, like a little child. I wanted to cry to let out all the anger I felt.

“Because she left me!”

I kicked the desk and started to destroy everything that was on my way. I could hear the glass breaking every time I throw an object to the ground. Nobody has seen me ever cry and won’t let a low grade psychologist see me mourn.

After nearly destroying his office he informs me that the time is over and I leave the clinic with fuming ears.

(I didn't noticed that wattpad didn't post my chapter yesterday so here it is!! Hope you enjoy it ily xoxo pleae vote and commen if you liked it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 448 33
On the outside, Jesse is just like anyone else; beautiful, friendly, and always smiling. On the inside, she's dealing with her mother's death while a...
1.8K 59 22
When she is forced to go live with her father in England, Bethany Thompson thinks her life is over. On her first day she makes a new friend and meet...
229K 6.6K 24
GRAMMER SUCKS IN THIS DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T READ IT. Harry Styles are 1/4 in one direction. He drinks, he hates everything and everyone. He hates hi...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...