Sister of Time

Da DrNobleLillyPond

The story of a young elf who discovers that the real story of who she is has been hidden from her for her ent... Altro

Prologue
1 Alone
2 Safe
3 Questions
4 Answers
6 Decided
7 Determined
8 Turned
9 Stronger
10 Hope
11 Secrets
12 Time
13 Action
14 Unbound
15 Conflict
16- Final

5 Fate

176 8 0
Da DrNobleLillyPond

I realize that this chapter is really short... but the reason is because It would be weird to add the next chapter back into this one. They just flow better as separate thoughts...

Chapter 5- Fate

BOOM! The doors shake and turn a sinister crimson color.

BOOM! The doors shake again and the crimson changes into a deep amber color. The elders all turn towards the High elf.

“What? Are they using magic?” One of them asks, still looking at the doors suspiciously. Samon just nods in his general direction, focusing on the doors..

“It looks like magic is finally returning to our world, we must be careful when they break through. Do not provoke them, maybe they will talk to us if we don’t attack them first.” He turns towards me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Stay back as much as you can, I don’t want you to get hurt, let alone in the first few minutes of battle.” He pauses and adds, “If it comes to a battle at all.”  I nod and step back so I’m standing behind him.

BOOM! The doors shake and everyone braces themselves, slipping into a line formation in front of Samon and I. The doors were now a bright gold color and a hum filled the air.

“I don’t think these doors will hold much longer, I’m surprised they lasted this long. Hold the attack so we can see who we are dealing with; shields up.” Those with bows step back, forming a second line while all those with swords drawn lift their shields to protect both themselves and the people behind them.

BOOM! The doors fall in and a wave of golden energy makes its way into the room, passing over the heads of the elders, causing some of them to stagger from the force of the blow. A cloud of gold dust is left behind from the power with which the door fell and as it settles we all watch as three tall forms walk in the door, bows lowered and their forms hidden in shadow.

“Oops..” One of them mutters, the small of the three forms.

“Is she safe?” The center figure steps forward and speaks in a smooth, dark, feminine voice. No one moves.

“I asked, is she safe? Show her to us.” She repeats, reaching her hand out in front of her and waiting.

“Is who safe?” One of the elders asks.

“The girl with the power to save us all, she who dreams of life and death.” The woman’s voice is dark and powerful. She again reaches out, but this time the gesture is directed towards me. I hide behind Samon, using him as a human shield.

“She has a name...” The muscular form on her right whispers. we could barely see her glance towards the masculine figure through the shadow and the dust.

“Who are you and what do you want with her?” Samon steps forward, addressing the three figures. The last of the gold dust settles, and their forms are revealed, dimly, in the dark room. There stands a man and two women, one shorter and the other tall. The tallest of the two women is in the center, flanked by the shorter woman and the man.

“We are the Gewl. We protect the flow of time and the balance of the universe. We are the teachers of Layinth, or magic in this tongue, and the guardians of the secret. We are not to be trifled with for we control all of who you are now what you will become. Who are you to deny this girl of the chance to become what she was meant to be?”

The elders all glance at each other, unsure of her meaning. Finally Samon clears his throat  and takes another step forward angrily.

“If you are here to help this girl then why were you firing on her and her companions?”  The three Gewls laughed, and it was soft and musical.

“No, no. You misunderstand. We got here just as the three of them ran into the building. We fought off the assailant ourselves. Thankfully there was just one person, but he or she was very powerful.

I sucked in a shocked breath, falling to one knee. I was thankful for their help, but now I was even more confused, who was the assailant? Was it they who killed my mother?

One of the elders, Gemma I think her name is, notices my position and moves to help me up. The woman puts a hand on my shoulder but the center figure shouts, “No!” The word resonates throughout the room and I lift my head to look at the Gewl who spoke. She steps forward into the light and I see that who I spoke to was not the angry woman I took her for.

She has a soft, round face with high cheekbones and dark, slanted eyebrows. Her eyes are a startling gold, flecked with bright green. She wears a white tunic and white leggings with brown knee-high boots that lace up the sides. Her dark black hair is perfectly straight and cropped short. It was held away from her face by a thin leather band. But it wasn’t her beauty that held my gaze, it was the gold, six pointed star on her left temple. She walks towards me, the line of elders parting to let her through, now aware that they are not the ones aiming to hurt me.

“Come with us child, we will train you to rise to your full potential. ” She again reaches her hand out to me. I glance over my shoulder and see that Nayna has joined us in the council room and is standing by the door to her rooms. It seems as if she knows this woman. She nods for me to take her hand.

I look back at the woman and speak for the first time.

“Do I get a say in this? Who are you? Why me? What about my family? You can’t expect me to just leave them behind!” The woman smiles gently at me as my anger floats to the surface, bubbling over and spilling out of my mouth as if my brain has just recognized the severity of the situation.

“All your questions will be answered in due time. Come now, come.” I jump a little as her last three words ring in my ears.

Is this my fate then? Have I finally found the source of my nightmares? Or at least the means to the end? I may have no choice now. I slowly reach out and take her hand, letting her help me to my feet. She bends down and retrieves my sword and shield from where they lay on the floor, handing them to me. I replace my sword in it’s sheath, knowing I won’t need it and hold my shield awkwardly.

“Now, is there a place where we can talk?” I nod and point to where Nayna stands.

”My grandmother’s rooms will suffice I think. No one will bother us there.”  She smiles and again reaches for my hand. I stare at it for a few seconds and then, sighing, I take it. I lead her towards where Nayna stands and she nods to me, opening the door for us.

“I’m going to go talk to the council.” I nod at her and she kisses my forehead before walking towards the other elders. I lead the woman through the door and we walk into the sitting room. She lets go of my hand finally and sits on the sofa gracefully. I close the heavy wooden door behind us and hear soft footsteps coming from the kitchen.

Faolise steps into the room and pauses. When he sees me he rushes forward and hugs me.

“What happened? We didn’t hear any fighting so we assumed…” He pauses as he notices our guest.

“Who is this?” He asks letting go of all of me except my hand. The woman on the couch nods to Faolise.

“I am a friend. Please, may we talk in private?” She looks between us, waiting for Faolise to leave.  He glances at me and I nod slightly. He drops my hand and turns back towards the kitchen. Before he leaves he bends down and kisses my forehead.

“Stay safe.” He whispers. Then he makes his way back into the kitchen.

“Now, let me explain who I am.” She pats the seat next to her and I join her on the couch.

“My name is Lady Briella, the two others are Lady Camilla and Sir Leoh and we are the guardians of the Moon Pool. We felt the power awaken inside you and have come to collect you to begin your training. You were born under the protection of the Pool and because of the power in your bloodline you have been chosen to become a Warrior of the Moon.” She looks at me expectantly and waits for me to say something. I just sit there trying to wrap my head around what just happened and what had just been said to me. I decide to voice my confusion.

“I don’t understand what you are asking of me.” She laughs quietly and puts her hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I could feel all of the power that she held in that one touch, and it scares me.

“All we ask of you is your trust and your compliance. We will train you in Layinth, in Arms, and in the histories of our world. You will become one of us. You will learn all you need to know under our guidance. Now, will you come and train with us.” I bite my lip, meeting her intense gaze. I was still almost positive that they had the wrong girl, but I wouldn’t admit that.

“Where will you take me? Will I have to leave home? My mother just passed and my sister has no one, I can’t leave her now.” Lady Briella sighs and shakes her head, “ I am sorry to hear about your mother. We happen to know who is behind her murder, and if you join us, you’ll be one step closer to defeating them. No you won’t have to go anywhere. We can train you from here, all we need is your cooperation.” Suddenly I am excited. Finally, a way to stand up for myself, to fight the dreams and the attackers, and yet I feel torn. I am reminded of my sister, Faolise, Nayna, and those who would weep if I were gone. I take a deep breath, my decision made.

I nod my head slowly..

“I accept my fate and agree to train under the guidance of the Gewls.” Lady Briella smiles and takes my hand from where it rests on my thigh.

“Then let the adventure begin.”

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

689 52 28
Poor Imani lived a hard life at first. Her mother taken away from her when she was a yearling and her little brother Flash only a colt. The only one...
6.7K 326 14
After the 100 years old war the world fell into a place of peace and harmony, with Avatar Aang watching over everyone in every nation. True growth an...
4 0 17
Ameliee has grown up with a great family and awesome friends. But what seemed different was her families shade of appearance. She was different than...
1.3K 297 28
When you are Outcast, you are not even given the dignity of a name. A young elf-girl. Her best friend and only love. An accident. Charged with murder...