Satisfied (Oikawa Tooru x Rea...

By doshaburiya

"Volleyball is the most important to me", Oikawa said while rejecting you. He always considered having a girl... More

One: Liar
Two: Injury
Three: Reason
Four: Agreement
Five: Amazing
Six: Choice
Seven: Nervous
Eight: Obliviousness
Nine: Gash
Ten: Hurt
Eleven: Fear
Twelve: Stay
Thirteen: Special
Fourteen: Runaway
Fifteen: Inattention
Seventeen: Enemies
Eighteen: Unnecessary
Nineteen: Confusion
Twenty: Lost
Twenty One: Apologies
Twenty Two: Memories
Twenty Three: Mess
Twenty Four: Alone
Twenty Five: Surprise
Twenty Six: Inexplicable
Twenty Seven: Break
Twenty Eight: Leave
Twenty Nine: Wrong
Thirty: Misunderstanding
Thirty One: Unexpected
Thirty Two: Hatred
Thirty Three: Lie
Thirty Four: Explain
Thirty Five: Unrequited
Thirty Six: Over
Thirty Seven: Normal
Thirty Eight: Unsure
Thirty Nine: Chance
Forty: Rage
Forty One: Honestly

Sixteen: In wait

23.7K 770 645
By doshaburiya

It was a lunch break and you were sitting at your school desk, staring at your phone's screen blankly.

Received: 7:12

From: Kageyama Tobio

How are you, [Name]? We haven't seen quite a while. Mind if we meet soon?

Considering the fact that you and Kageyama were childhood friends, it shouldn't be strange to receive this kind of text from him from time to time. But honestly, you were quite surprised by this message. It was true that the last time you met with Kageyama was during the spring break after you finished the middle school, and that it was about time to meet him again and ask about his new school, but still, it was unusual for him to start the conversation. It was usually you who suggested meeting. Did something happen?

You quickly started typing the reply.

To: Kageyama Tobio

I'm alright, and you? We should totally meet soon. When are you free?

You sent the message and put your phone back into your bag. You grabbed the juice box which was waiting for you on the table, and started sipping it slowly, falling into a reverie.

A blush flew on your face when you recalled the morning events. You weren't sure about this, but you had a shadowy impression that Oikawa was blushing when he woke you up. The sole vision of Oikawa being embarrassed was making you feel restless. How was it possible for one boy to be handsome, cute, and pretty at the same time?

You were really too deep into him to even count on giving up on him.

Suddenly, another wave of emotions overflew you.

This time they were gloomy and depressing. Funnily, they also concerned Oikawa.

Yes, he was perfect in every inch. His looks, his character, his sense of humour, his passion for volleyball - they were impeccable. And yet, no matter how close to him you were, he always seemed so distant, always locked in his own world where you had no access. Where you would never have access. You would never be able to call him 'yours', even though he could call you 'his' from a long time ago.

A light pat on your shoulder nearly made you jump. You turned your surprised face on the girl who was standing beside you.

"[Name]-san, some handsome boy is waiting for you outside the classroom", she said, and you could clearly see the blush covering her cheeks.

"Thanks", you smiled to her awry, and stood up, heading towards the classroom's door.

As you turned round the corner you saw a chocolate haired boy leaning on the wall, gaping somewhere in the distance. He was holding his hands in the pockets of his pants. You tried to ignore how damn good he looked in his uniform.

"What's wrong, Oikawa-san?", you asked to get his attention.

He looked at you with a smile.

"Are you doing something after the evening practice?", he asked.

"I guess not", you replied.

Oikawa smirked and moved closer to you.

"Good. We haven't finished yesterday".

You shivered, suddenly feeling your heart speed up.

"W-We haven't?", you said, moving your eyes to the side.

"Unless you don't want it", the boy teased you, and you felt a great wave of heat flowing onto your cheeks.

"Y-You know I want it", you answered, embarrassed.

Oikawa moved back, his normal smile coming back on his face.

"Wait for me in the gymnasium, okay?", he said.

"Yes", you replied and looked up to see the boy's face.

But it was too late. He was already going to his classroom.

His silhouette was slowly disappearing from your sight, and this strange feeling of melancholy filled you once again. No matter how much you wanted him to be next to you, he was always somewhere else. Always away. Everywhere but not by your side.

You moved your eyes on the ground, feeling your heart clench.

"Stay", you whispered to yourself.

But there was nobody to hear it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945K 25.5K 53
When you, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa were little, you used to be best friends. You guys would always hang out and nothing could separate you. Well that's...
14.9K 403 27
So my english is ... its ok so don't complain ( Ö-Ö ) It's gonna be a long story so buckle up my dudes !!! it's gonna be - cringe - fun - romant...
137K 4.2K 16
UNDER EDITING (If early chapters seem better written than master chapters, that's why. I will put a notice on the chapter when it has been edited :))...
14.4K 298 9
Oikawa hated the fact someone was joining the team. The person he hated after not seeing him in a long time saw him again in high school when they ha...