Moonlight Serenade Book 1 of...

By LuvMari

Lia Stein was raised to hate and never pity Vampires, for she comes from a family of great Vampire Hunters. T... More

Moonlight Serenade
Chapter 1: Moonlight Shadow
Chapter 2: Vampire Hunter
Chapter 3: Stained Memories
Chapter 5: Night's Song
Chapter 6: Best of Both Worlds
Chapter 7: Day One
Chapter 8: Emotions
Chapter 9: A Vampire's Night
Chapter 10: Midnight Agony
Chapter 11: A Hunter's Tale
Chapter 12: Blade Children
Chapter 13: My Decision
Chapter 14: Faint Memories
Chapter 15: A Vampire's Tale
Chapter 16: A New Life

Chapter 4: Protect and Heal

77 0 0
By LuvMari

Chapter 4: Protect and Heal

It was around almost midnight as I walked through a parking lot that belonged to Point View Hill. The parking lot wasn't so big, it had at least six parking spots and a large black top. Luckily for me there weren't any cars or people. I then looked up at the hill that was surrounded by many trees and bushes that made me immediately think that the hill was good hiding spot for a vampire. I then looked down at the entrance of the hill and noticed one of the wooden poles that held up the sign of Point View Hill was smudged with blood.

I walked slowly up to the pole and noticed the blood was still fresh and thick. I then took the liberty of placing my case of arrows and bow on the ground and dig into my boot where I then pulled out my iron rod. I then pressed the button on the rod where it insistently released and extend an extra five feet. I then pointed the rod to the blood and as the blood touched the staff an electrical current began to surround the staff that made its way up to the blood and burned the blood. There had to be a vampire, and the vampire had to be wounded. If it was blood of a human or animal the staff wouldn’t have reacted the way it did. I was positive I was close to the vampire.

I then picked up my arrows and bow and placed then tightly on my back. I then took my staff and began to climb the steep hill. The air seemed thin and fresh, a little too fresh. The sent of blood was becoming stronger every step I took. I used my staff as a walking stick to help me gain a little more speed. I wanted to get the vampire before it escaped. My mind was hazy by all the memories of my past, and the emotions it brought. Small white lights of the moon's rays hit through the branches of the trees as if creating a path for only me. It was as if the moon was telling me where the vampire laid. I then held on to my mother's pendant with my left hand and preyed to the moon goddess. I knew she was helping me find my way to the vampire. She helped many like me. Many who have be tainted by the darkness, and longed for hope. She was our mother, to all Vampire Hunters, a mother with many forms.

I stepped on twigs and dry leafs that created an infinite sound of cracks and snaps. At this rate I was going to make my appearance a loud one than a silent one. I wanted to sneak up on the vampire not make a big entrance. I tried hard to step over leafs and twigs, but it was impossible. The light was just dim and the ground looked all the same to me. All dark and thick, that were I thought I didn't step on leafs I stepped on them. I sighed as I then cursed to myself in a low whisper,

“Damn it. I'm going to be in real trouble if I'm not quiet.”

I then looked up at the path of the moon's light and began to walked again, but softly and slowly. I tried to get a feel of the ground and gentle side my feet so the leafs and twigs would move over my feet and I wouldn't make any noise. As I walked for about half and hour I then noticed a wide opened tree free area the moon's light was strong and bright. I felt a great deal of relief that made me feel like running to the open area and spinning around under the moon light like a child. But my warrior instinct told me to stay low for whatever laid up head was something I had to be ready for. I then took slow steps to the opened area and hid behind a tree and scanned the area for any signs of a vampire.

The scent of blood began to consume the area like a sheet. The scent was horrific and disgusting. I then held on tightly to my staff I then heard shuffling of bushes on the other side of the open area. I then tried to adjust my eyes to the dim light as I then sensed two presences. One had to be from the opposite direction in which I was standing, the same place the shuffling was happening. Yet the other seemed to faint. It was as if the presence didn't want to be detected. I then brought my staff closer to me as I then laid my back on the tree and took deep breaths and began to widen my senses.

I closed my eyes and let my hearing and the scent of blood be my guides. As I had my eyes closed the darkness of them began to slowly move, as if I was seeing the movement of whom the blood and noise was coming from. I then gripped my staff tighter as the darkness then slowly became a black figure in the woods. I saw the woods perfectly, it was as if I was seeing a vision, or a dream. The black figure was running, it appeared to be chasing something. I then expanded my sense as I then got a closer look at the figure and noticed it running to the open area. I then immediately opened my eyes and turned back to the area where I then found a large bolder sitting just a few feet away from the center of the area on its right. The black figure was standing just feet away from the bolder. I then took in air straddled, I really did see the figure then. I had another ability, I had almost the nose of a hound, I could see the movement of things with my five senses.

I then looked closely at the figure where I then noticed that it looked like it was looking for something. It kept moving it head and body in circles looking into the woods for something. As it looked over my direction I quickly moved back behind the tree and stood still. I was trembling. I felt cold, that was strange. I never felt cold, and I certainly never trembled during a Hunt. But the presence of the figure was insanely strong. This wasn't a Level S vampire, nor a modern Vampire. His was something out of my league.

“Come out. I know your there.”

Was the thing speaking to me? I couldn't tell, I was actually to afraid to look. Suddenly I heard foot steps. I couldn't tell from which direction they were coming from. I was to frighten to concentrate.

“Come out!!!”

I can't!! I kept thinking to myself. Suddenly large heavy breaths surrounded me. They weren't mine. The scent of blood was heavy and too close. I then turned and found a Level S vampire standing in front of me with blood on its arm and a grin on its face. It looked like the rejection was to much for it as it looked like a wild beast who only wanted to devour something. It's red blood eyes was longing for my blood. I felt numb, I couldn't move. I just stood there as it then came at me. I then moved for a split second, but it managed to scarp my right arm with its sharp nails that seemed to be more like claws. I fell to the ground and dropped my staff. I looked back at it and watched it roll out to the open area. I then looked back and watched how the eyes and fangs of the Level S sharpened by the sight of me. I crawled backwards as the Level S moved slowly toward me. I then tried to unlatch my bow from my case of arrows, but the way I was moving it was impossible to grab it.

My arm stung as it touched the dirt of the ground as I crawled. The Level S then came up over me and leaped on me as I then tired hard to push it off. I then jolted my knees up to my chest and pushed the vampire off with my feet. I then turned and pushed myself off the ground as the vampire got up and came after me again. I was gasping for air, I pumped my arms hard to my sides as I tried hard to run for my life and my staff. The vampire was gaining, but I was almost to my staff. I then glided to my staff like a baseball player and grabbed it. As I turned the vampire was just inches away from me with its claws. As tired to lift up my staff a sudden breeze flew by me. My eyes widen in shock as I then realized the vampire in front of me was then laying on the ground. It looked as if it's throat was slit open. I then looked up as I saw a shadow over the vampire. It was the dark figure from earlier.

As I looked up it turned its head over its left shoulder and looked down at me. Piercing red eyes reflected back at me. The figure then raised its right hand toward its face and licked the blood off its hand from the Level S it just killed. I wanted to scream and run, but everything wasn't moving. I was cold and scared. I was trembling so much that I dropped my staff willing to give up and meet my fate.

The figure then walked up to me as I just stared into its red blood eyes waiting for my death. It bent down in front of me and said,

“That staff, that bow, those arrows. Your a Vampire Hunter correct.”

It's voice was deep, but lovely. My lips were quivering. I couldn't speak.

“Your hurt here let my take a look at it.”

It then reached its hand toward me where I then quickly moved back and pulled out and arrow and my bow. I then had it set and I tightened my grip on the two things tightly as I looked back at the figure ready to shoot.

“Get away from me!! I won't hesitate! I swear I'll shoot!!”

The figure then got up and removed the hood from its head. It was a person. I stood speechless as it then moved closer to me where I then crawled back a few feet and then felt the ground under my feet where I unsteadily and slowly stood up.

“Listen. I just-” it said as it moved closer to me where I then released my grip and shot the arrow.

It then stopped moving as a drop of blood hit the ground. I only managed to scrap it a little. As I tired to grab on to another arrow I felt a breeze again and before I knew it I couldn't move my right arm. I then felt a warm feeling and a nice smell of wine. I then looked up and found a boy holding on to my arm. It was the same person, the figure.

“That was rude!” he said as I then tried hard to let go of his grip but the more tired to pull the more he gripped my arm.

“Let go!!!” I yelled as he then wrapped it arm around me and held me close to him.

I then dropped my bow as he then placed his head down close to my check and said softly brushing his lips over my cheek,

“I finally found you.”

Found me! This guy was totally insane, I never met him in my entire life. I then tried hard again to let go of his grip. I then bent my arm tightly and pushed hard back as I then hit his gut. I managed to let him loosen his grip on me, but my arm also hurt. He had strong abs. I then got away from him and ran toward the woods, but was stopped again as he appeared him in front of me holding on to his stomach. He then said with a smile and pain on his face,

“You have gotten stronger.”

I then stepped back as I then placed my right arm behind my back. I never thought I would ever use it, but I thought it was the right time to try it out. I then felt a hard and heavy tool on the back of my pants. I then pulled it out and let the weight of it relax on my hand as I tired hard to get comfortable with it. He then walked up to me again where I then pulled out the tool and pointed at him. It felt heavy, but I placed my left hand on the bottom of the handle as I placed my index finger on the trigger.

“Don't Move!! This time I swear I won't miss!!!” I yelled as I held the pistol tightly in my right hand.

“You won't shoot! We both know you won't!” he said as I then pulled on the trigger and shoot the ground beside him.

He jumped just a little as I then looked back at him with intensity and reassurance that I was serious.

“Now, come Lia, if you do shoot what will happen to your mother principle?”

“Principle?”

That was right. My mother principle. I then looked up at him were I then fell to the ground as he stood in front of me to close to my face.

“Protect and heal those who have protected and healed you.” he said as I then looked from him to the pistol in my hand.

His red eyes slowly and softly faded to a dark calming color. He looked beautiful. My heart began to race, but it wasn't from fear.

He then bent down and leaned forward to me, and moved him hand over mine where the pistol laid. He then grabbed it and through it to the side of him. He then looked into my eyes and leaned closer to me. I then began to get nervous as I then said,

“How-did you know my name?”

“What do you mean? You told me.”

How?! I couldn't have. I didn't associate with vampires! He then sat beside me and held on to my right arm. I twitched it a little as he held it for the pain of it was unbearable.

“This won't take long.” he said as I then looked from his eyes to my arm where he then placed his hand over the cut and a purple blue light appeared over his hand and my arm.

The pain then began to fade as well as the cut. I sat there astonished and amazed. Was that the power the vampires had? I sat there perfectly still and comfortable. What did he have that made me feel as if I had known him for a long time. Why didn't I move away? Why was I sitting next to a vampire? Why wasn't I attacking him?

“Sorry if I scared you.” he said as I then sat there speechless.

He was apologizing. He then turned to face me as I then looked at him. He smiled kindly and beautifully. I began to felt a knot on the back of my throat. I tried so hard to pull back my tears. All I could think of was how pathetic I was and how I let my mother down. I then looked up at the moon and its beautiful two bright stars as my tears then began to fall off my face. After ten years I was able to cry again. I just never expected to have cried in front of a vampire. I then sucked in air and said,

“Sorry Mama. I'm so sorry!!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798 25 5
Alexia was once a human, but she was assault and was left for dead in that one night. One person that she trust is her creator and a friend. That sav...
1.1K 115 23
Bridget Sheehan has three major problems. 1. She is a vampire, and has no idea how it happened. 2. Someone is trying to kill her (most likely witch...
105K 3.9K 18
Lia Bridgestone is a twenty year old, tough as nails hunter. God has dealt her a bad hand, her father abandoned her family before she was born, and h...
118K 11.1K 40
Book four in the series of A Vampires Life brings you Josephine. She has been disowned by her parents for moving to the city with her boyfriend and f...