Chapter 6: Best of Both Worlds

As I entered my room I placed all my things on the ground. My bow fell perfectly at the end of my futon and my arrows scattered across the floor. I then walked up to my bed and fell heavily on it. I wanted nothing more, but the feeling of wrapping myself in my warm soft cotton sheets and silencing my eyes to the darkness. As I laid there staring at the ceiling I began to remember the night in which I meet Sebastian. For some strange reason ever since I left Point View Hill all I did was think of him. I then turned to my side in which I heard a few knocks on my door and someone calling from behind it,

“Lia you home?”

I then sat up as the door then slowly opened and Nathan walked in wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt. His light brown hair was all over the place. It looked as if he just woke up.

“Oh you are home.” he said as he then walked up to my bed and sat beside me.

“I went back to the roof and didn't find you there. Where were you?”

Did I dare tell him. I wasn't so easy, yet then again he did have a passion for helping people, but still I doubt he would ever believe me.

“I had some business to take care of.”

That sound so fake, but I think it was enough to by me some time as I noticed his face still the same. He looked tired, but nice. He smiled and when he did his eyes become narrow that made his green eyes laugh with brightness.

“Your dad kept saying you were going to be fine, but I don't know, you look some what different.”

Different? Did I have blood on my face, or was I that tired?

“What do you mean?” I said as he then looked at me strangely.

“Your acting weird too. What happened last night?”

“Nothing, why are you asking me so much questions? What are you now my dad?” I said as I then got up and went to my closet.

As I opened the door he then stood and walked up to me and stood behind me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“So. . . Something did happen.”

I then turned around with a mean expression of, are you serious.

“Nothing happened. You wouldn't know anything for this is just your first week here. If I leave on my own is because for a good reason, so I have nothing to say to you.” I said as he then just smiled and walked back to my door and said,

“Okay whatever. Sweet dreams.” He then closed the door behind him as I then clenched my fist tightly and sighed.

“What's his problem.” I said to myself. As I then walked into my closet and pulled out a pair of blue shorts and a white t-shirt.

As I got out of my dirty night guard out fit I noticed my white blouse was ripped and stained with blood. I then remembered the Level S and how it frightened me. That was the first time I ever become terrified during a Hunt. I walked back to my bed and pulled out my covers and gently placed then over me. I curled myself into a ball tucking in my sheets under me and smelling the fresh scent of Gain. I then slowly drifted into a deep relaxing sleep that made me feel new and rejuvenated.

After awhile of sleeping a suddenly noise caught my attention. A loud voice kept vibrating against the walls of the house. The voice seemed to be in some sort of rhythm that sounded familiar. I then sat up and looked around my room. As I looked out of my window I noticed the sun was beginning to set. It must have been seven or eight in the evening if the sun was beginning to set. I then got out of my bed and walked to the door where I opened it and noticed Nathan down the hall rubbing his sleepy eye and wearing just his sweat pants.