Chapter 12: Blade Children

I turned to my side as I tried hard to slowly open my dry eyes. I yawned, I could smell coffee so that told me it was early, six o'clock. My dad was up and staring to make breakfast. I then turned back and noticed Nathan sleeping like a baby beside me. I then flung my hands over my face and rubbed it to wake myself up. I faced Nathan and examined his face. From all the times I've seen him sleep, that was the first time I noticed his eyes weren't squinted. It was as if before he was trying hard to keep a nightmare away from his mind. I smiled, was that all he needed? I then placed my hand on his right cheek and leaned closer to him and ran my fingers through his hair.

He moved his head a bit as if wanting more of my touch, like a cat. That made me smiled wider. But as he moved his head he mumbled,

“Mom.”

I jerked my hand just a bit away from his face, afraid he was going to wake up. As he didn't I placed my hand back and my smile disappeared. His dark eyelashes seemed darker and fuller. His skin was radiant and a perfect tan. I bit the bottom of my lip as I looked down at his full lips. Temptation ran through my body. I slowly leaned closer to his face where I then stopped. No, I couldn't. I thought to myself. Something was telling me to wait till the time was right. I then looked away from him where I sighed and stared at the ceiling. I kept thinking about Sebastian and the place he took me that night. Sebastian scared me, and Nathan came after me to get me. That whole night was a strange experience and a very strange night. I felt that both of them were mortal enemies. But why? I questioned. I didn't understand why Nathan gave Sebastian such a threat and why Sebastian returned it.

I then sat up, but slowly so I didn't wake Nathan up. I then pulled the covers off me where I slowly crawled over him to get off my bed. I brought one hand followed by a next over him where I heard the bed squeak and Nathan turned to his side. He pushed my arms said over the bed where I fell on top of him. I closed my eyes shut trying hard to make my body light. I opened one eyes and looked back at Nathan who looked at me strangely. So much for being quite.

I sat back next to him and chuckled,

“Sorry, if I woke you.”

He then sat up and looked at me with kind and sweet eyes I've never seen before. I was awed by his look. He was very handsome plus he was shirtless which made him irresistible. I blushed as I then turned away from him trying hard to contain my temptation from erupting like volcano. I then said,

“You should go back to your room. Dad could come any minute.”

I felt like iI said it more harshly than what I wanted, but I still couldn't completely drown myself into his lust and kindness. The battle was far from over and until then we still had to remain distant. Nathan then got off of my bed and rubbed his face and looked at my window where my flower printed green drapes covered them. He walked up to them and opened then wide. My computer desk sat right under my window where he then looked down and noticed my mother's red pendant. I sucked in air as I wondered what he was going to say. We both had the exact pendant, only his was blue.

He picked it up and looked closely at it. He then turned back to face me where I looked up at Nathan who had a strange look of astonishment in his eyes. I then looked down at the pendant in his hands and noticed the pendant was glowing in a throbbing sensation. I looked back at Nathan who still looked mesmerized by the pendant. What did Nathan have to make the pendant react in such a way.?I then stood and walked up to him and looked down at my pendant.

“My mother gave me that pendant the night she died. She told me it would protect me from evil vampires. But I don't think it ever worked. I still encountered Level S and other vampires and still nothing.”