Zodiac (Final Fantasy XV)

By CelestialShadowWolf

Zodia Xylia Caelum is the younger sister of Noctis. Unlike him, she has suffered from an illness since birth... More

|•I•|
|•II•|
|•III•|
|•IV•|
|•V•|
|•VI•|
|•VII•|
|•VIII•|
|•IX•|
|•X•|
|•XI•|
|•XII•|
|•XIII•|
|•XIV•|
|•XV•|
|•XVI•|
|•XVII•|
|•XVIII•|
|•XIX•|
|•XX•|
|•XXI•|
|•XXII•|
|•XXIII•|
|•XXIV•|
|•XXV•|
|•XXVI•|
|•XXVII•|
|•XXVIII•|
|•XXIX•|
|•XXX•|
|•XXXI•|
|•XXXII•|
|•XXXIII•|
|•XXXV•|
|•XXXVI•|
|•XXXVII•|
|•XXXVIII•|
|•XXXIX•|
|•XL•|
|•XLI•|
|•XLII•|
|•XLIII•|
|•XLIV•|
|•XLV•|
|•XLVI•|
|•XLVII•|
|•XLVIII•|
|•XLIX•|
|•L•|
|•LI•|
|•LII•|
|•LIII•|
|•LIV•|
|•LV•|

|•XXXIV•|

2.3K 58 12
By CelestialShadowWolf

A/n: ⚠️SPOILERS FROM EPISODE IGNIS⚠️
If you have not played the episode and wish NOT to spoil it, do NOT read! Besides that, I hope y'all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••
~Zodia's POV~

The day of the Rite was here. As I sat in my room, Camelia entered and finally told me what she and Noctis agreed upon. Luckily, she hadn't figured out about Sagittarius thanks to Ignis. Three guards entered the room and surrounded me, confusion overtaking my mind. "What's going on?"

"You will be escorted with the citizens to safety. From there, you will board a boat and be delivered to Galdin Quay," Camelia answered.

"I'm not leaving! I will stay and help!" I shout in anger. Camelia sighs before she snaps her fingers. Two of the men surrounding me grabbed my arms and restrained them. I struggled in their hold and tried to free myself.

"See her to the docks," Camelia orders. She leaves the room and the guards began dragging me out of the estate. Luckily, I hooked the Ring of the Lucii onto the chain that held my pendant the night before and hid it under my dress so no one else could see it.

Once the guards had reached the front gate, I summoned my staff and casted a lightning spell. Their bodies fell to the ground, but they weren't dead. I apologize under my breath and run away from the estate. My eyes were drawn to the sky as I spotted numerous of imperial airships heading towards the altar and dropping Magiteks everywhere. With the cry of Leviathan echoing through the streets, along with raging waves crashing into buildings, I pick up my pace and desperately searched for any familiar face.

An hour passes before I hear the sound of familiar voices from a nearby bridge. "I can't tell a bloody thing from here. Let's make for the altar." When I recognized it as Ignis' voice, I swiftly maneuvered between debris to reach the bridge. Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis were immediately drawn to my form when they heard my running footsteps.

"Zodia!" Prompto shouts joyously as I reach them and stand behind Ignis.

"Glad to see you're safe," Gladio sighs in relief.

"Camelia was going to force me onto a boat, but I could not allow it. I'm still needed here."

Ignis smiled, but it didn't last long when we felt the ground shake violently under our feet. I grabbed a nearby bench and tried to keep myself from falling. I didn't even register what happened next until Gladio shouted at me and Ignis. "Look out!"

An airship crashed into the bridge, sending me and Ignis into the water below. When I able to find the surface and break through, I realized I was much further from where we had fallen. Gasping, I look around frantically for Ignis. When I couldn't find him, I shouted out his name, hoping he would hear me. Worry was blooming in my chest quickly and I summoned Cancer for help.

Cancer gazed at me in distress when he saw my distraught expression. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself to a point where I could talk properly. "I-I need your help in finding Ignis."

The zodiac nods and dives under the surface. After minutes of waiting, Cancer emerges with an unconscious Ignis in his arms. "Let's get him to shore." Cancer nods and follows me as I swim towards a ruined café. The fourth zodiac emerges from the water right behind me and lays Ignis down gently. I pulled his head into my lap and stroked his cheeks. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and realized it belonged to Cancer.

He will be fine, Daughter. For now, I will head to the upper level and rid this area of enemies.

"Thank you, Cancer."

He nods and rushes up the stairs to my right. I check Ignis' pulse every few seconds to make sure he was still breathing. I continued to stroke his cheeks until he roused from his unconscious state, coughing up some water. His eyes slowly opened and I sighed in relief. "Thank the Six..."

Ignis gets to his feet with help from me to steady his body. He presses against his earpiece and contacts Prompto.

"Iggy! I thought you were a goner. Is Zodia with you?"

"Yes, we're both fine. It'll take more than a little seawater." Ignis smiled at me before continuing. "I'm more worried about Noct. We'll find a way to the altar, but I need you to keep the enemy distracted."

"You got it."

Gladio's voice resounded from the earpiece. Ending the conversation, Ignis kept his eyes glued to me. I gave him a warm smile. "Let's go find my idiotic brother." Ignis chuckles lightly before nodding. We run up the stairwell to see Cancer handling the horde of MTs. Within seconds, all the enemies are wiped out. I thanked Cancer once more before he vanished.

"We'll need to find higher ground," I stated. When I glanced at Ignis, I saw he was picking up a hookshot from a lifeless MT. He hooked the device to his left arm before turning to face me. He didn't say a word as he wrapped his right arm around my waist securely. In a heartbeat, we were on the roof of the building that was in front of us. The sight that greeted us was horrid. Altissia was in ruins, debris littered everywhere. The Archaean was swatting imperial airships as if they were flies buzzing around. A brilliant light coming from the altar caught my attention.

"Be safe..." Ignis muttered.

"They will be," I reassure. Ignis gave me a genuine smile as more imperial airships zoomed overhead. We returned to the streets below, ridding them of any MTs that were stalking the area.

"We need a way to the altar. Most of bridges are destroyed," I said.

Just then, Ignis received a transmission from Weskham, who informed us of the eastern bridge. Hopefully, it will still be intact by the time we reach it. Finding a route that had the least bit of destruction was difficult. With help from Ignis' navigation skills, we were able to make it safely to the eastern bridge. Sadly, it had collapsed in the center.

"The hookshot will get us across," Ignis states. We safely cross the gap, only to be forced into hiding when we heard voices. I peeked from where I was hiding to see High Commander Ravus and Brigadier General Caligo. I listened closely as the two began to speak.

"Have you located the ring yet, Commander? And what of Lunafreya?" Ravus questioned.

"Only one, High Commander. Lady Lunafreya is located at the altar, but our forces are unable to extract her at present. We've no way of approaching the altar so long as the Archaean stands in our way," Caligo responds.

"Even the gods are on his side... Neither the King nor the Oracle will escape with their lives if the fighting continues." Ravus spins to gaze at the older man. "Order a full retreat. I'm going in alone and will find the ring myself."

Caligo protested, but Ravus silenced him before disappearing into the streets of the Tigiano District. The older commander cursed Ravus under his breath as he returned to his airship.

Ignis and I emerged from our hiding spots, my hand clutching at the one thing Ravus was missing-the Ring of the Lucii. Ignis placed a hand under his chin in deep thought. "If the ring is not in the possession of Lady Lunafreya, where on Eos could it be?"

I swallowed my words and unclenched the ring. "We'll worry about that later. For now, we need a way to the altar."

"Yes, you're right. We'll need a boat."

I grasp at his sleeve with a grin. "Who says we need a boat? Let's find a path to the waterway and I'll get help from a zodiac."

Ignis nods and we take care of the remaining enemy forces. Just when we thought it was clear, two MA Pisces appeared. Ignis and I groaned in disbelief as they began firing missiles at us. With a short shadow incantation, I was able to target the machines' weapons and break them. Ignis went in for the kill while I healed his wounds. When I noticed the frantic look in his eyes, I placed my hand in his. "We'll make it to the altar in time to save both Luna and Noctis. I need you to stay calm."

"Yes... Yes, you're right. We will protect them both." The overwrought in his eyes washed away and he finally relaxed. With help from the hookshot, Ignis carries both of us to the next district. Waves of enemies closed in on us, but I quickly casted a fire spell. The only remainder of the imperial forces were piles of ashes scattered in the streets.

With another district liberated from the empire, we made our way to the nearest docks. Our feet carried us across the wooden structure that was still intact. I called upon Gemini to assist with transportation. Castor and Pollux appeared, hovering above the water's surface.

"Castor and Pollux are much faster than any boat. It'll also be easier for us to maneuver the smaller waterways."

••••••••
A/n: Castor is the white wolf and Pollux is the black one.
••••••••

"How may we assist, Daughter?"

"We need to get to the altar as fast as possible. Will you be our guides?" I ask.

"Of course. Climb upon our backs."

While I climbed onto Castor's back, Ignis nimbly mounted Pollux's. Without needing a word, the two wolves took off towards the altar. Out in open waters, we gasp as Titan smashes countless of imperial airships.

"He's protecting the altar. That'll buy us some time to-"

Suddenly, an imperial ship targeted us and fired a few missiles. Castor and Pollux dodged, but the force from the explosion knocked me and Ignis off their backs and into the water below. When I resurfaced, I gasped in shock at how cold the water was. Ignis called my name as he swam over to me. The airship that had shot at us hovered just above the water and a hatch opened to reveal a MA-X Aureus.

"Well, well. Look who it is! What could one of His Majesty's royal retainers be doing here of all place? And this lovely girl with you must be the princess!" Caligo's cackle echoes around us in a taunting manner. The commander didn't hold back as he fired round after round at us.

"Bloody hell," Ignis curses as we dodged the rapid fire.

"Castor! Pollux!" I shout over the rain of bullets. The twin wolves immediately swooped in and set us on their backs.

"Surrender now, and I'll ensure your end is as painless as possible. For the princess, well, the empire will find a use for her," Caligo chuckles deeply.

"Never," Ignis declares with a strong and unwavering tone.

"Find an alternate route to the altar, Gemini," I said to the twin wolves. They nod and storm off towards a nearby waterway. Caligo snarled behind us as the machine he was controlling began gliding across the water's surface. "Then you leave me no choice!"

Caligo took chase after us as Castor and Pollux maneuvered the narrow waterway. I glanced behind us just as the commander began firing missiles at us left and right. "Plenty more where that came from!" He taunts with another cackle. Before Gemini could dodge the final missile, it exploded underneath us, sending our bodies flying. We landed harshly on the ground, the wind knocked out of our lungs. Castor and Pollux had vanished when their bodies slammed into the side of a building.

"Are you alright?" Ignis asked, helping me to my feet.

I nodded just as Caligo jumped from the water and landed in front of us. Once you're both out of the way and the ring is found, it will be mine!"

Ignis still held onto me as he glared at Caligo. "I'm afraid not. It will never be yours. I'll make sure of it!"

Caligo clicked his tongue and didn't hesitate to attack. I casted a barrier before his machine could even touch us. Ignis summoned his daggers and sprinted forward. While he handed Caligo, I kept the MTs busy and away from him.

During the midst of battle, the commander bellowed with a deep guffaw. "Go on. Beg for your life-just like that pathetic old servant did back in Lestallum." My eyes widened in realization when I clicked the puzzle pieces together. I faced the machine that contained the man who killed Talcott's grandfather. "You're the one who killed Jared..." Something snapped within me and I let out a shrill shout. All eyes fell upon me as I felt a shadow consume my body.

~3rd Person POV~

Ignis and Caligo had completely frozen with their eyes glued to Zodia. They watched as an eerie shadow covered her entire body. Ignis, worried about his fiancée, took a few steps towards her but stopped when he saw a creature morph from the shadow.

"W-What the hell is that thing?!" Caligo barks. The shadow creature launched itself at the commander and tore the machine apart, limb by limb. A high pitch wail left the monster's mouth as it spread its wings. Ignis ran to Zodia's side and tried to free her of the shadow that consumed her body. When he touched her, the shadow shoved the man aside.

"Zodia, stop!" Ignis begs her.

"She cannot hear you."

Ignis' head snapped towards the owner of the voice to see Virgo.

"Why?" Ignis asked the zodiac.

"The creature born of shadows is her suppressed despair and anger. Due to her contact with eleven of the twelve zodiacs, the malevolence has built up and spilled over the rim of her heart, taking on a physical appearance. Do not fret, Ignis. She will not be harmed from this. The best cure is to let the Arcane destroy until it is satisfied."

"Is there another way?" Ignis asked, desperately hoping Virgo would have an answer besides waiting.

"There is, but I'm afraid it will result in the Arcane to become much more powerful. I fear if this method is used, the Arcane will see all as its enemy, including you, the next time it is released. Restraining the creature in her heart will result in its disappearance and Zodia returning to her normal self."

The creature lets out another deafening wail as it impales its long claws into the chest of the MA-X Aureus to reach Caligo. Ignis knew time was short and he could not afford for the Arcane to proceed on a slaughtering rampage. "Do it."

"But, Ignis-"

"Please," he begs, wanting Zodia to return to her normal self. Virgo stares into his emerald eyes and nods after a few seconds of silence. A bright light emits from the zodiac's staff as she flies towards the princess. As the light shines upon the shadow covering Zodia's body, it made a hissing sound. With the purification of the shadow from the princess' body, the Arcane cried out in pain as it bursted into flames. With Zodia back to her normal self, she seemed to be in a dazed state. Ignis was at her side within seconds, checking to make sure she was alright. Virgo returned once she saw they were both safe.

With the MA-X Aureus in shambles due to the monster's deadly claws, Caligo was forced out of the machine. He was limping, blood pouring from his shoulder. "You wretched girl..." He glared at Zodia, supporting his body against the obliterated machine. Then, a sword pierced through the man's chest. Caligo grunted and coughed as the sword was pulled from his body. The wielder delivered another blow to his back before the older man fell to the ground, lifeless. Seeing who it was, Ignis sent him a glare.

"Ravus..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 1.3K 35
Y/N L/N was of ordinary noble birth, his family serving the Lucian royal family for years. Having grown up with Lucian prince, Noctis, to serve him...
27.7K 860 29
As the youngest member of the Kingsglaive, your job has always been relatively simple, even if your life hasn't been. You are - as the name of the o...
1.2K 36 25
This story takes place after the FINAL FANTASY XV storyline. Serafina Lucis Caelum is the last living descendant of the Lucis bloodline... or so she...
48.5K 1.2K 65
King Regis appointed four of Prince Noctis's closest friends to guide and protect him on his journey to Altissia to be wed to Lady Lunafreya: Ignis S...