Duke x Luna

By darkestofhearts

Inspired by Daria Cohen's video The Nght, this shows a differnt ending than the video. Luna Valentine was a... More

Before we begin
Contesting Melodies
Haunting past
Tainted mind
Split
Having doubts
Little Problem
First bite
Dance to forget

What's going on?

698 14 5
By darkestofhearts

A/N: Play this when you get to Duke's p.o.v. Or you can play it at the start, your choice. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WsZ2fUXbZg    Also if you want to see what Duke changes Luna's appearance to use this link or click the external link at the end. https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=235131415

Luna's p.o.v.

I sighed as I made my way through town hearing the multiple whispers and insults surrounding me. I was what anyone would consider a normal girl with the only odd thing about me being my nearly white blonde hair. I stopped at the library in town and smiled at the lady sitting at the front desk which she kindly returned. 

"I'm here to return the book I checked out" I said handing her the book and she took it seeming surprised.

"Finished already Luna? You just got that book two days ago." She asked taking care of the book and I smiled. 

"What can I say, I love to read" I replied and left to find a new book. After a few minutes of not finding anything I turned to leave when I found a book with a black cover. Curious, I grabbed it and read the back finding it interesting and I checked it out. When I finished I left the library and started heading home seeing the sun was setting.

"She's so weird"
"Why does she always have her nose stuck in a book?"
"I bet her parents are embarrassed by her, I know I would be."
"Get away from me freak!"
"She's always so quiet"

These comments and more are all I heard as I continued down the sidewalk and tears started to form in my eyes believing them. I stopped when a boy stood in front of me and shoved me down.

"You're such a freak! Why don't you just go away? Nobody here likes you or wants you here anyways!" The boy spat before walking away and I quickly grabbed my book and took off into the trees. My vision was blurred by my tears and I wiped them away with my sleeve as I continued to go deeper into the woods. 

"He's right, I am a freak. Maybe I should leave, no one would miss me anyways." I whispered sadly and kept walking further away from town. About an hour or so later the sun had fully set and it was now pitch black outside, my only light being the full moon that shone brightly. I stopped for a moment and looked around realizing I didn't know where I was and sighed. I finally came across a dark building that reminded me of a castle you would see in books. 

I stepped up to the door and knocked but there was no answer so I tried opening the door to find it was unlocked. I looked around inside a bit before looking at my book and smiling as I went in dismissing any chance that someone might be living here. I stepped further inside and sat down against the wall as I opened my book and started reading.

Duke's p.o.v.

I had finished getting dressed when I woke and went downstairs after grabbing my vampire cane to see someone had come inside my mansion. I grinned and look at them to see a girl around 20 with dark blue eyes and long blonde hair that looked white. She wore a white long sleeve shirt, ripped jeans, black shoes, and around her neck was a black necklace with a silver moon pendant. She didn't seem to notice me as she continued to read her book. I decided to get her attention so I grinned as I lit the corridor up using my cane.

Luna's p.o.v.

I was quietly reading to myself in the dark when the candles in the corridor I was in suddenly started ligting up on their own startling me. I looked around confused and jumped suddenly hearing a voice above me on the balcony start singing as the doors swung open letting cold wind blow inside.

"The day is the wife whom I elude"
"The one to whom I should be right"
"Although forewarned by peers and kin"
"I always get into the night"

I looked up to see a man singing and he took his hat off bowing to me before stepping on the railing of the balcony and jumping off landing perfectly as he kept singing. I took a second to study him uncertain and a little frightened. He was tall and thin with skin so pale it seemed white. He had short black hair, red eyes, and pointed ears but what stood out the most was his fangs when he grinned. He wore a black suit and cape as well as a black top hat. In his hand he held a strange cane that had what looked like a bat on the top. He continued singing as he walked closer to me and I took a step back with every step he took.

"But the night"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"

"She sways in her velvet dress"
"And pulls me toward her in the dark"

He sang in front of me and suddenly disappeared scaring me more and I jumped when I heard him behind me but when I turned around he wasn't there and I spun following his voice but never saw him confusing me. I jumped when he suddenly appeared next to me.

"While the others rest"

He sang as I ran the other direction only for him to appear in front of me again still singing.

"While the others rest"

I watched as he danced a bit before using his cane to knock my book out of my arms causing it to go flying and when it landed the pages shot out of it, scattering over the floor. The strange man went silent as I looked at him terrified and rested his arms on his cane as he smiled at me. I took of running to the doors to escape but they slammed shut and I looked at him as he continued to sing.

"Heed the call the time has come"
"Mothers come she is the night"

I trembled as a red fabric shot out of his cane and wrapped around my arm pulling me to him.

"Come with me to the other side" 

I broke free and tried to get to the doors but the same red fabric shot out and wrapped around my body and lifted me in the air a bit.

"Make the girl in black your bride"

He sang behind me and when I broke free I looked at my clothes to see they had changed and my hair had turned black as well. While I was distracted the fabric from his cane hooked around my waist and I looked back as he began pulling me closer to him while he sang.

"Cause the night"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"

He sang and I found myself dancing as he used me like a marionette with strings that were attatched to his cane.

"She sways in her velvet dress"
"And pulls me towards her in the dark"
"While the others rest"

I eventually became irritated and broke the strings holding me and jumped when he jumped off the balcony he was on and landed behind me. I quickly ran behind a curtain into a different room when he tried to grab me. I ran up a staircase but stopped seeing him at the top and he waved, grinning, as he pulled a lever making the stairs turn into a slide and came after me as I slid down. 

I kept running as he chased me seeming to glide instead of walk and I peaked around a corner quickly moving back when he flew past me. Thinking I lost him I ran until I came across a door and reached out to grab the handle but was stopped when he suddenly grabbed my wrist. I looked at him scared and he shook his finger at me grinning as he started to dance with me. I struggled to keep up since he was so tall and he spun me around before continuing to sing as he dance with me.

"It just seems very strange to me"
"That her quiet lonely streets"
"Are draped in all her mistery"
"Could be so sweet and comforting"

"But the night"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"
"She calls me"

He sang and dipped me to where I saw sunlight coming from under one of the curtains and I thought as he sang before deciding to play along and dance with him seeming to shock him to where I got free and took a couple steps back.

"She sways in her velvet dress"
"And pulls me towards her in the dark"
"While the others rest"

He finished singing as he took his cape off and threw his hat across the room stepping closer to me and picking me up after knocking a gargoyle off a desk and setting me on it. I looked at the rope above me that would open the curtain rethinking my decision when leaned over me and ulled his glove off with his teeth. I blushed and gasped when I suddenly felt him undo my corset and slip his hand up the skirt of my dress before I finally got the nerve to push him away making him frown.

"Please stop, I don't want this"

"Relax my dear, I won't harm you"

"Just please stop. I'm scared, I don't even know who you are. Please let me go" I begged and he seemed to think about what I said for a moment.

Duke's p.o.v.

I thought about what the girl said and had to admit that she had a point. When I turned my attention back to her she was watching me waiting for a response and I smiled.

"Alright my dear, I'll stop. However I'm afraid I can't allow you to leave but I promise you'll love it here with me. And as far as introductions go my name is Duke. What is yours my dear?" I asked taking her hand and leading her through the castle.

"My name is Luna, Luna Valentine"

"That's a beautiful name, the perfect name for such a beautiful girl like you" I said making her blush and I grinned. I soon realized how tired she was bcause she fought to keep her eyes open and appeared to be on the verge of collapsing. I chuckled and picked her up ignoring her protests and carried her to one of the rooms and gently placed her on the bed. I smiled seeng how peaceful she looked sleeping and gently brushed some hair out of her face before leaving and quietly closing the door.

"Sleep for now Luna, but know that eventually I will make you mine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156 15 12
Yuma, just a regular school girl, fed up with life, one day comes across a girl who would change her life forever. But for better or worse? (I do not...
14K 243 19
Adopted by The frantas. Hooked up with Jc Caylen. What better or worse could happen to somebody's life?
485 44 21
Aria always believed that she had everything she ever wanted: a loving family, acceptance into a good college, and of course her loving boyfriend. Bu...
211 22 40
She had seen so much bad in the world. More than most can even quess. She had given up in everything. She had nothing. Until someone amazing came alo...