First bite

Luna's p.o.v.

I woke up the next day and blushed seeing Duke lying next to me still asleep with his arms wrapped around me. I smiled thinking he looked cute asleep and slipped out of his hold before heading to my room to change only to realize my things were missing. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I hear Duke speak behind me.

"You're things are in my or should I say our room love." 

He stated answering my unasked question as he wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me from behind and I smiled when he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I noticed he still seemed tired as he closed his eyes and started falling back asleep making me giggle.

"Come on you, let's get you back to bed before you fall asleep on top of me."

"I don't think I mind that happening, at least you'll be with me." He said grinning and I puffed my cheeks out.

"That's if you don't squish me first, you forget you're bigger than me."

"Are you trying to say I'm fat?"

"No, that's not what I said" I said knowing he was teasing me and crossed my arms. He chuckled and picked me up holding me bridal style.

"You're so cute"

"I am not, I am something to be feared" I argued and he laughed.

"Sure you are that's why you'll submit when I do this " he said and kissed me making me blush as I relaxed and kissed back. He broke the kiss and looked at me smirking.

"...shut up" I pouted and he laughed as he carried me back to our room. Once there he gently set me down and I went to the closet and pulled out a cute black dress.

I was about to start changing when I remembered Duke and I turned around to see him leaning on his vampire cane watching me grinning

I was about to start changing when I remembered Duke and I turned around to see him leaning on his vampire cane watching me grinning. I blushed and he chuckled before leaving the room giving me my privacy. 

Once I finished changing I left the bedroom but I didn't see Duke. Shrugging it off I made my way to the kitchen to get something to eat. As I was reaching for a cup I finally managed to get it when Azreal decided to be funny and shout at me scaring me since she's been silent till now. I dropped the cup and frowned as it shattered while Azrael laughed at me.

"You know I really hate you sometimes" I told her as I got on my knees and started picking up the glass.

"No you don't" she said grinning and I sighed but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing a cut my hand on the glass.

"Ouch!"

Duke's p.o.v.

I was in the library reading when I suddenly caught the smell of blood and heard Luna shout in pain. I rushed to her and found her in the kitchen on the floor holding her hand in front of some broken glass. She jumped and I realized my sudden appearance must have startled her.

"I heard you shout. What happened?"

"I just cut my hand on this glass because Azrael distracted me. I'll be fine once it's cleaned and bandaged." 

"Come here, let me take a look" I said and she came closer holding her hand out to me and slowly opened it to reveal a deep cut across her palm. It was then that the smell of her blood hit me and I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes trying to control myself.

"Duke what's wrong?" She asked worried and used her cut hand to make me look at her which was the moment I lost it. I quickly had her pinned to the wall and she looked at me startled.

"Duke what are you doing!?" She asked frightened and I gave her a soft smile.

"I'm sorry love it's just your blood smell so good, I can't resist. You trust me right?" 

"Yes I trust you " she answered a little hesitant and I leaned into her neck.

"I promise I'll be as gentle as possible. Tilt your head for me a little okay love?" I said and she nodded and titled her head to the side exposing her neck more for me and I gently bit down. She winced and stood still for a moment before relaxing as I drank her blood. We stayed like that for a little longer before I let go and licked the blood from her neck.

"Your blood is so sweet my dear, I didn't hurt you did I?"

"It hurt at first but I'm fine now. I'm not upset that you did that if you're worried, as long as you make sure I'm okay with it first."

"I always will my dear, now let's get you cleaned up. " I said and took her to the bathroom where I grabbed a cloth and got it wet in the sink before using it to clean Luna's cut. Once it was clean I wrapped it up and smiled at her.

" At least now that I've fed off you I'll know where you are"

" That is a good I'm just surprised you did. I guess I never expected you to bite me but I'm not mad."

I smiled and carried her to the library and sat down in front of the fireplace with her on my lap.

"I promise I will never harm you my dear, I love you so much."

"I love you too Duke" she said and I smiled as I leaned in and kissed her neck smiling when I noticed her bite her lip blushing. I ran my hands along her sides making her shiver and stared into her eyes lovingly before kissing her.

Luna's p.o.v 

I kissed back closing my eyes and wrapping my arms around Duke's neck. I shivered feeling Duke's fingertips rub my back and sides and broke the kiss blushing. I smiled and laid my head against Duke's chest and closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close while I fell asleep to his breathing.

Hey everyone sorry I haven't updated in awhile I just got out of school a few weeks ago and I had major writer's block which I still do for most of my stories. I'll try to update more tomorrow because this is being posted at almost 2 in the morning so I'm tired. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the new chapter I'm gonna see if I can keep each chapter at least 1000 words. Now I'm gonna go to bed before I pass out. Bye!