You Don't Know Me

By CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... More

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

F I F T E E N

39.3K 1.3K 231
By CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 15

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Today was the last football game of the season. It was so cold out already (I guess it's going to be one of those years.) And lucky for me (note the sarcasm) I am obligated to show up.

The yearbook committee will probably be walking around taking pictures for the yearbook  (obviously) so I should make myself look pretty.

I decided to wear a pair of skinny jeans and Anthony's jersey tonight. I decided to do a full face of make up. Maybe it was a bit too bold  (sharp eyeliner and bold red lips) but it looked good.

"Woah who are you trying to impress?" Marilyn asked as she walked in my room.

"Me, myself & I" I laughed.

"C'mon we're leaving now" She says and I follow her out.

"Hey beautiful" Anthony smiles and pecks my lips.

Sparks flew. And I pulled back.

"Are you okay?" He furrowed his eyebrows and I nodded.

"I didn't know I still needed to give you a warning" He said lower so nobody would hear referring to how at the beginning of our fake relationship I made him warn me before kissing me.

"It's not that" I shook my head. "Just had a weird thought"

I have feelings for Anthony Walton. My brothers best friend. My best guy friend. My fake boyfriend.

"Oh how cliche" I groaned.

"Excuse me?" Anthony laughed.

"Wait what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I offered you my varsity jacket because it looked like you were cold" He gave me a lopsided grin.

"Oh thank you" I blushed.

"Are you okay?" Marilyn asked.

"Is that my brothers jacket?" I asked.

"Bye" She blushed and walked towards Eric's car.

"He needs to ask her out already" Anthony said from behind me.

"Why are you so close?" I inched away and he raised an eyebrow.

"I was giving you my jacket?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you acting so weird?"

"I'm not acting weird" I cross my arms. "C'mon let's go" I got into his car.

We got to the school in 10 minutes and we met everyone there.

"Okay. I'll see you inside" Anthony went in for another kiss but I just turned my face making him kiss my cheek, leaving him confused.

"Are you two fighting?" Mom asked once Eric, Matt & Anthony went into the locker room.

"No. I'm just not feeling the PDA today" Technically I'm not really lying.

Once my family made there way towards the football field, Marilyn stopped me.

"Spill" She crossed her arms.

"What?" I feigned confusion.

"Summer" She gave me a stern look.

"I think... I might have feelings for
... Anthony" I mumbled.

"Oh my god! Summer you have to tell him!" Marilyn squealed.

"No! I-"

"Hey Summer! Hey Marilyn!" Tara Williams walked up with her cheerleading uniform on and a camera around her neck.

"Hey Tara" I furrowed my eyebrows. Why is she being so nice to me? She's the reason Anthony wanted the fake relationship in the first place.

"Do you guys want to take a picture for the yearbook?" She smiled.

"Sure! I didn't know you were on the yearbook committee" Marilyn said while wrapping her arm around my back.

"Yeah! I'm just taking pictures before the game starts since I have to cheer" She clicked a few photos.

"Do you guys want to see them?" She asked and Marilyn agreed.

Tara flicked through a few photos. Ours looked good but she accidentally went back too far and I saw a picture I didn't want to see.

"What's that one for?" I asked.

"Cutest couple. They signed up this morning, which I think is a bit stupid. I think they just started dating last week" Tara explained.

It was a photo of Kali and Tanner. Tanner's arms were wrapped around Kali's waist and she was smiling so happily.

"You and Anthony should run" Tara commented.

"We should?" I ask.

"Yeah! You guys make a beautiful couple" She smiled at me genuinely.

"Thank you" I smiled back.

Maybe she is actually happy for Anthony & I.

"I can't believe Kali would actually date him after everything" Marilyn growled.

"He's going to hurt her" I frowned.

"What?"

"He's going to hurt her. I think she genuinely likes him and he's just... playing with her feelings" I said.

"You have that look" Marilyn frowned.

"What look?"

"The look you get before you do things, like cause a fist fight between 2 football players" Marilyn crossed her arms.

"I'm not going to do anything like that" I waved my hand.

"C'mon, we got to go watch the game" I said.

The game went on like every other game of the year. We booed the opposing team, cheered for our team. Anthony did some cheesy acknowledgement of my presence (that for some reason made my heart beat faster now), everyone awwed, our team kicked the other teams asses and we won.

As soon as the game ended, all the girlfriends ran out onto the field and I awkwardly followed behind them.

"Oh there's my sloth of a girlfriend" Anthony announced as I finally made it over to him.

"Did you just call me a sloth?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're very slow" He smiled.

"Shut up" I blushed.

"Come hug me. I know you want to. I did amazing" He smirked.

"Oh, I think I hear someone calling me" I mock and go to walk away.

"Come here" Anthony lunges forward and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Anthony you smell bad" I whine.

"Ow Sunshine. That hurts" He frowns.

"Shh" I grin.

"Alright I'll be right back" He smiled and kisses my cheek before running off to the locker room.

I talked to a few other players girlfriends before I noticed Kali standing off to the side by herself.

I decided to talk to her about Tanner now so I excused myself.

"Kali" I called her name and she looked up and smiled.

"Summer!" She hugged me.

"Hey" I hugged back.

"I've been meaning to talk to you" She said.

"Me too" I say.

"I just want to let you know, that no matter what's going on between our boyfriends, you're still my best friend"

"I appreciate that Kali but I wanted to talk about your boyfriend" I say.

"Are you upset about Tanner? I'm sorry I didn't tell you" Kali frowns.

"No. It's not anything like that. I just want to warn you" I sigh.

"Warn me?" She questioned.

"Tanner isn't a good person. He hurts people. Even people he cares about. I don't think you should be trusting him with your feelings"

"And how would you know this?" She asks.

"I just... Kali"

"You want me to break up with him because he rejected you" She states.

"What? No!"

"God Yasmine was right. You're always trying to destroy people's relationships" Kali growled out.

"You're talking to Yasmine?! Are you kidding me? That's not even what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to help you" I gasp.

"You're full of shit Summer. Get this through your head, Tanner chose me. Not you. So leave us alone" Kali stomped towards the locker room and past Anthony.

"What was that about?" He furrowed his eyebrows and looked in between us.

"Nothing" I huff.

"Are you sure? Summer-"

"Are we going to the afterparty?" I asked.

"You want to go?" He questioned.

"Sure" I nodded. "Let's go"

~~~

Alcohol and bad decisions has left me in this situation. I was just so upset and I just realized I have feelings for Anthony.

So there we were. Drunk and dancing to some pop song and I kissed him and he kissed back.

I could tell that he had just thought it was for show but before I knew it. I pushed him in some bedroom on the first floor.

"Summer- Summer stop" Anthony pulled me off of him.

"Why?" I slurred.

"Why? You're drunk and you're confused" Anthony held me back.

"I'm not confused" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes you are. You don't want to have sex with me. You're just upset about something and the whole relationship thing is clouding your judgment" He laughed.

"Screw you" I pulled away from him and stumbled towards the door.

"Woah. Are you seriously angry at me?" Anthony asked.

"How come you get the benefit of this entire arrangement? I mean you get to get back at Tanner for screwing your girlfriend and you get to have Tara off your back" I slur.

"Oh c'mon Summer" Anthony frowned.

"I seem to just get everyone hating me. Kali, Tanner, Matt everyone" I throw my hands up in the air.

"Well it's not all fun for me either. Do you know how many times Yasmine has tried to get back together and I had to reject her because of this?" Anthony growls.

"Well I'm sorry for getting in the way of you two! Consider me gone! Have fun with the cheating whore" I yell and stomp my way out of the bedroom and towards the front door.

"Summer" Anthony yells after me and I ignore all the eyes on me.

"Summer c'mon stop running. I didn't mean that" Anthony grabs my arm as I walk down the driveway.

"Screw you" I try to pull away but he doesn't let me go.

"Tell me what's wrong" He says.

"I screwed everything up" I yell.

"You didn't screw anything up Sunshine" He sighs.

"Oh yeah? I dated Tanner remember? That screwed everything up. Nobodies friends anymore! My best friend hates me because she thinks I'm trying to destroy her relationship but in reality I'm just trying to help her" I sob.

"Come here" Anthony pulls me into his chest and I cry into him. "It's okay. None of that is your fault"

"Is she okay? What happened?" Eric's voice boomed as he came closer.

"She's just having a bad night" Anthony says and kisses my forehead.

It's all for show, I think to myself.

"Are you sure you didn't hurt her because-"

"Shut up Eric. You're always trying to fight when you're drunk" I grumble. "I just want to go home"

"I'll call a cab" Anthony says.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Eric whispers to me and I nod.

"He didn't hurt me" I assure him.

Tonight was a disaster...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 534 60
Ella-Mae's sister is having her wedding in two months, at the end of summer, in Florida. Everyone's invited. Including Ella-Mae's secret crush, Alexa...
4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
7.8K 129 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
574K 20.9K 28
"Matthew Preston? The kid who doesn't have any friends?" "Matt Preston? The kid who used to play on the football team?" "Matthew Preston? Don't even...