Alone Together...

By STAY-CALM-IM-HERE

First waking up in the body of a character in Naruto, then meeting their inner personality was never a good t... More

The New Beginning
Getting Used To This World
Crazy First Day
Lessons On Etiquette
First Day Of Training
Revelations and Goals
The Bakery and The Encounters
Insecurities
Convenient Trip
Better Days
Guilt
Finally Home
Again
Ramen and Cookies
Getting Caught
Memorial Stone
The Game
Five In One Day
The Rain
Seriously Scary
Suspicion and Ninja Games
Unexpected Sleepover
Truth's Told
ISSA BAD BITCH B-DAY!!!
Not Expected
Believe In Me
Overload
Finally Friends
First Fight
HEY GUYS!!!
Apprenticeship
Normality
The Academy
The Betrayal
All The Colors
Scroll of Sealing
Bell Test
The Wave Mission Part 2
The Wave Mission Part 3
I Remember You
Probation and Training
Forget About Everything
FALSE.
The Real Sakura
Change In Plans
It Has Begun
The Chunin Exam's Part 1
The Chunin Exam's Part 2
The Chunin Exam's Part 3
The Chunin Exam's Part 4
The Chunin Exam's Part 5
First Kill

The Wave Mission Part 1

9.4K 392 118
By STAY-CALM-IM-HERE

Sakura's POV

It has been three weeks since we've officially become Team Seven. It has also been three weeks of non stop D-rank missions. I can't really say that they have been torture, since they're just chores. Everyone else just whines because they're boring and although I can agree to that, they're not that bad.

I did like the time we spent doing them, because they helped bond our team. Tora the cat had been a frequent mission, probably twice a week. Other missions included, cleaning the library, gardening, babysitting—which I enjoyed—and other such tasks.

Sasuke hadn't really opened up to the team yet, besides the constant bickering with Naruto. However, I could tell we were getting somewhere with him.

Naruto was ecstatic, he never sat still. Always trying his best to beat Sasuke. That would usually end up getting him in trouble.

Kakashi was more relaxed within the group, finally taking out his book. I had advised him only once that if he ever read that book in the presence of younger kids, I would burn his collection. I think he understood how serious I was, for he didn't stick around for long during such missions.

I pretty much just stayed the same as always. Taking care of the guys and chastising them when I had to. I had made myself clear to all the guys that I wasn't going to be left out and protected. In fact, it was I who had to take care of them. It was during our first training day on the first week that I had told them.

Kakashi had asked me to sit and observe while he fought each boy. I knew he had trust in my ability, however, their tendencies to protect was also there.

Right after he finished sparring with Naruto, I asked for him to spar with me. We had used the bells again, it had become our preferred training method. We each had a bell tied to our waist and the objective was just to get the other's bell.

He was going to excuse himself when I had ran towards him, ready to begin. There was going to be no way, that I was going to be seen as somebody who couldn't handle a situation.

I didn't exactly get a bell, only grazing the stupid thing, before he had ended the spar by getting mine. I was pleased to know from Naruto's chatter, that I had done a good job. He said he could barely keep up with some of our movements. Even though it was purely Taijutsu and we were both holding back, Kakashi a lot more than me of course.

Every spar there after was done with equal participation. No one was left out. Kakashi had yet to really show us anything, preferring to bond above everything else. During the three hours before his arrival, I insisted we train during that time.

Naruto had agreed right away, and Sasuke not minding the extra training, joined soon after. I pushed for exercising our bodies instead of doing jutsus. We ran, and performed other exercises that would help our stamina and natural senses.

I knew the wave mission was coming up soon and I wanted them to be safe and a bit more prepared. Having adopted the role of substitute teacher during those three hours, I made them practice without using a certain sense for certain situations.

Not wanting to rush them, I focused on their hearing. Blindfolding them, I then began to engage them in a light Taijutsu-only spar. Kakashi had arrived but stayed hidden on our third practice day. The lazy teacher opted to stay out of sight and read or observe us.

On that same day, at the end of the day Kakashi had questioned me as to why I didn't work on my senses. I had informed him with a half-lie that I had already had with Hiruzen and I was just making sure they were catching up. He was suspicious and I had relented the information of the future events on the fifth time he interrogated me with questions.

I was glad to know he cared enough to worry about the possible outcomes. I had already told Hiruzen all I knew of the wave mission, and decided it wouldn't hurt to tell Kakashi a bit about it.

Two weeks before the mission, after the usual training with Hiruzen we would strategize about the mission. I had insisted Zabuza and Haku stay alive, and even asked for them to come to Konoha.

Hiruzen was a bit hesitant about that idea, but had gave in when I listed a few reasons as to why it would be beneficial. He was still a bit uneasy about my idea, but settled with trusting me.

During that time of preparations, I summoned the three little monkeys thrice.

I summoned them once a week. The first had just been for us to bond and get to know each other. It was done after all the training for the day was over. Mamoru was still a bit reluctant about the fact that they would be my summons, while the other two were excited. They were all super cute and I simply adored their personalities even Mamoru's.

I found out that Mamoru was the Taijutsu specialist of the group. Masumi was the Genjutsu specialist while Hideki was Ninjutsu.

The second and third time we practiced together, coordinating our fighting styles with each other. Mamoru and I worked on incorporating him into my five fighting styles. I was happy when he had actually found my styles impressive. Even though he ruined it when he said that without him, the styles couldn't possibly be as amazing.

~*oOo*~

"Naruto, I'm at point A!" Naruto whispered loudly. This was our last mission before the Land of Waves escort mission. Of course, just like the anime/manga it was Tora the cat's rescue—imprisonment—mission.

"Sasuke, I'm at point B." Sasuke spoke out in a much quieter voice.

"Sakura point C." I said and looked around the small forest he had entered.

"Go slow Naruto...Hm? The Target has moved, follow it!" Kakashi ordered through the communication device. I winced at the loudness of the static and moved accordingly to Tora's chakra signature.

The cat was actually quite fast, though I suppose it would need to be in order to escape so often. I'm also quite puzzled by the fact that the other two had yet to pick up on his chakra signature. I could find it all the way across town, and that's without Inner's amazing sensory talent. Sasuke was also good at tracking Tora from all the Cat finding games he did with Itachi. Naruto, however, lacked the patience.

"It's over there!" Naruto stated behind a tree. Sasuke and I moved in closer and hid behind the trees.

"What's your distance to the target?" Kakashi asked and I looked over to the "target" that was Tora.

"Five meters. I'm ready just give the signal." Naruto said as he kept a close sight on the cat. Sasuke grunted in agreement and I hummed while concentrating on his chakra. Deciding to make things go faster and simpler, I spread my chakra over to Tora and held him in place.

"Alright...Now!" Kakashi commanded and Naruto and Sasuke sprang towards the cat.

"Can you verify a ribbon on the right ear?" Kakashi asked. I simply walked over not even having to look at him. Naruto who had been wary of Tora from their very first encounter handed the immobile cat to me.

"Affirmative. We have a positive ID." Responded Sasuke as he looked over to the cat in my arms. Petting it to calm the cat down, I waited until it purred before I retracted my chakra from him.

"Mission accomplished. Bring him over and we'll head to the tower." Kakashi stated. I smiled and rubbed his soft head.

"We'll arrive shortly." I said before taking off the earpiece.

"Can't we get a better mission than this?! I HATE CATS!" Naruto shouted effectively causing the other's ears to suffer from the excessively loud noise.

"Naruto...please speak softly..." Kakashi asked from the radio.

"Dobe." Sasuke muttered and sent Naruto a glare. Sighing I made my way towards the area Kakashi was waiting in.

"Let's go." I suggested to the bickering boys.

~*oOo*~

Making our way up the stairs that lead to the mission assignment room, Tora had begun to squirm. This frequently happened, so I wasn't surprised he was figuring out the pattern.

Kakashi opened the door and allowed us all to enter first.

"OH Tora! Come here!" Shijimi said with a glistening of her eyes. I made sure it couldn't run away again with a bit of chakra but released it when Shijimi took him. Her hugs were like death grips, you couldn't get out. I shivered at the thought of being in Tora's place.

"Ha! The stupid cat deserved it!" Naruto loudly whispered, being heard by everyone except Shijimi.

"Now then, for squad Seven's next mission we have several available tasks." Hiruzen began which I quickly zoned him out. I knew where this was going, no need to pay so much attention. Looking out through one of the six long rectangular windows, I noticed the nice weather.

"NO! No, no, no! Jiji, I want to go on a real mission!" Naruto exclaimed loudly. I sighed and placed my hands inside my wide sleeves. Sasuke somewhat looked relieved by the situation, most likely also wanting to experience a "real mission". Kakashi, however, had the most comical expression...from what I could go by with his one eye. I didn't need to read his mind to know that he was dreading the lecture he would get from Hiruzen.

"I want something challenging and exciting! Not this little kids stuff!" Naruto shouted.

"Naruto, you are a kid." I stated and watched as he brushed me off. Huffing in indignation I turned my head away and waited for Iruka to refuse him.

I overheard the bickering they had and turned towards them when I heard a thud. I found Naruto on the floor, clutching his head, courtesy of Kakashi's hit.

"Will you shut up." Kakashi stated. Hiruzen then spoke up when Naruto began to whine. He explained to us what we had already known about mission assignments, but of course Naruto didn't remember.

Not even half way into the explanation was Naruto already starting a new conversation.

"So I had this new ramen yesterday, it was the best! Ne Sakura-chan, wanna go eat some later?" Naruto asked and I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face.

"Silence!" Hiruzen interrupted before I could give any response.

"Oh, sorry..." Kakashi said snapping out of his attention from Naruto's conversation. I chuckled at how comfortable everyone has gotten along with each other's mannerisms.

"You always lecture me like a child! I'm not the same brat who used to pull pranks all the times. I'm a ninja, and I can handle a harder mission!" Naruto shouted and pouted once he was done. I stared at him incredulously.

"Naruto, you're still a brat...Shishou, may I suggest a test." I proposed. Hiruzen had already agreed to allow us this mission, but none of the others knew. I had only told Kakashi some things concerning the mission, since not everything could go according to plan.

"And what is it?" Hiruzen asked as he interwind his fingers and set his chin on top of them. Iruka and the others were looking like he was crazy...which is understandable. No Genin team before had been given a mission other than D-rank.

"Well, Naruto wants to prove himself capable of taking on higher missions. I'm sure from all the time I've spent around here, there's at least one C-rank mission we could do." I stated and watched as he looked over to Naruto and chuckled.

"Alright, if Naruto wants to prove himself, I'll give you all a C-rank mission. You'll be body guards on this journey." Hiruzen informed and I smiled over to the others triumphantly. I knew they were all itching to do something other than D-rank missions.

"Really?!" Naruto asked in disbelief.

"Who are we escorting?" Sasuke had surprisingly spoke up.

"A princess?! A councilor?!" Naruto impatiently asked.

"Don't be so impatient. You will find out shortly. Bring him in." Hiruzen said to one of the men who was sitting at the table. We all turned around and looked at the door.

Sure enough in just a few minutes, walking through the door, was the drunk Tazuna.

"What? It's just a bunch of brats." Tazuna stated in disbelief before taking some gulps of his drink. I cleared my throat until I got his attention.

"If I may sir, Kakashi-sensei and I are not brats...The other two, however, are complete brats." I stated and chuckled when I felt one eye filled with appease while two pairs glared in exasperation.

"Hmph, I still don't see how you pip-squeaks are going to protect me." Tazuna responded. I raised and eyebrow and looked over to the others.

"What! Who are you calling a pip-squeak?!" Naruto shouted. A moment of silence confirmed that Naruto and I were in fact the shortest in the group.

While Naruto complained that he wasn't short, I took the time to analyze our height. I was still taller but even so, Sakura in the anime/manga was a good four or five inches taller, not two or three. Was I really that short? Or was Naruto just getting taller?

"You're all shorter than me and younger! Hokage-sama can I not get a group that is less loud and noticeable?!" Tazuna asked. He out-stretched a hand in our direction.

"Look at them, short, loud, and one even has weird colored hair!" Tazuna continued.

"How rude. I like my hair, and I like Kakashi-sensei's hair too." I defended and felt Kakashi pat my head in agreement. If Tazuna was talking about weird hair colors, he and I were the only ones able to fit that description.

"HEY! You can call me whatever, but leave Sakura-chan out of it!" Naruto screamed and was going to tackle the man when Kakashi took a hold of the collar on his jacket.

"Calm down Naruto. You can't attack the person you're protecting." Kakashi stated with a shake of his head.

"Sensei's right Naruto. Anyways, Shishou this mission will do. I believe this mission will help Naruto realize what being a ninja really means." I stated and smiled over to Hiruzen. He nodded and stood up.

"Kakashi, your team will be escorting Tazuna. You are dismissed." Hiruzen stated as he tossed a scroll over to Kakashi, who caught it easily. Nodding he turned to face us.

"Go and get ready, we leave in an hour. Let's meet up at the gates before sunset." Kakashi instructed. We all nodded and made our way to our respective homes.

~*oOo*~

"Alright, I didn't forget anything right?' I asked Inner just to make sure.

"Well, seeing how you've been getting ready since two weeks ago...yup, you've got everything." Inner remarked as I nodded and walked down stairs.

"Let's say goodbye to the others before we leave." I suggested as I walked down the streets.

"Yeah! I'm gonna miss pig..." Inner said as she sighed. I smiled and nodded.

'We'll go see them first.' I said and made my way towards the training grounds. I still had forty minutes before I was expected to be at the gates. I had just enough time to say goodbye and get the last supplies I would need.

Ino was training with her team, and were in the middle of doing weapon throwing practice. Asuma, had surprisingly allowed me to interrupt their training to say goodbye. As a ninja, I was sure he knew that anything could happen at any moment and that any goodbye should be taken seriously.

Ino had been jealous, since they were still on D-rank missions. The jealousy had passed quickly when I had told her it would be a couple of weeks before I returned. She became very serious after that and turned into her mother hen mode.

Shikamaru and Choji were more understanding of the situation. They had said their own goodbyes but had an air of tranquility as if they knew I would be okay. I appreciated the trust they placed into me and my abilities, but I didn't want them to be so confident about them either.

Saying goodbye one last time to all of them, I made my way towards the bakery. On my way I had bumped into Hinata's team who were babysitting a kid at the park. I chatted with them for a while and had informed them of my mission. I received goodbyes and good lucks from all of them. Even Kurenai had wished me and the team a good luck.

The bakery had been filled as usual and Madoka, Chouko, and Yashiro had been busy. I quickly said goodbye to each of them, promising to be careful, before sealing up some pastries in a scroll.

I had two more which I planned to seal and preserve a variety of foods to take on this journey. I remember the lack of sustenance the villagers had because of Gato. I couldn't just do nothing when I was capable to do something. Even if small, I would give them help in any manner whatsoever.

With twenty minutes left, I ran into the village and searched the markets for suitable food. I was not planning on giving them instant ramen, so I saved up most of my meager money that I had received from missions, and used it up to buy food.

As soon as time was up, I had finished paying for the last of the food I had chosen. Jumping on the roofs, I arrived at the gates only a few minutes late. It wouldn't really have mattered since the others still hadn't arrived.

Tazuna was leaning on a gate with a bottle in hand. I approached his side slowly with a wave and a smile as a greeting.

"Am I gonna have to wait any longer?" Tazuna asked after five minutes of waiting. Sasuke had arrived almost after me, but Kakashi and Naruto were still late.

"I'm sure you want to get back quickly, but things like this can't be rushed. It will just cause us to make mistakes." I told him. He grunted and took a gulp of his drink.

"Ne, I've been meaning to introduce myself, but thought it was best to do so until everyone arrived." I stated and rubbed the back of my neck nervously when he didn't even try to carry on the conversation.

"Uhm...so my name is Sakura Haruno, and this is Sasuke Uchiha." I introduced, knowing Sasuke would most likely not want to take part in the conversation. The awkward silence continued and I sighed despondently. I looked over to Sasuke with a blank face and he shrugged his shoulders without a care of the situation.

~*oOo*~

After fifteen minutes of uncomfortable silence, I thanked the gods when Naruto arrived. The silence had me over thinking what I should do and had to rely on Inner to keep my mind occupied.

"Hey guys! Ready to go?!" Naruto shouted as he ran towards us. I sighed for the millionth time and shook my head.

"Not yet Naruto. We're still wait for-" Cutting off my own sentence, Kakashi popped into our little circle and lazily waved.

"Maa, you all seem ready to go." Kakashi said and I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

'How long had he been here for?' I thought as he ignored me.

"I'm not sure, he has a really good ability to hide his chakra signature." Inner replied. I sighed again and sagged my shoulders. This was going to be a very long mission, I could already feel it.

"So now that we're all together, introductions are in order." Kakashi stated.

"Sasuke and I already did." I informed. I was not going to restate what I had minutes ago.

"Alright then. I'm Kakashi Hatake the leader of the group." Kakashi informed Tazuna.

"And I'm Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo!" Naruto introduced proudly.

"I'm Tazuna, a master bridge builder. All you have to do on this mission is take me back home and keep me safe throughout the construction of my new bridge." He explained. We all nodded and I quickly looked out of the gates and into the forest. A small chakra spike was sensed. The Demon brothers must have quickened their pace.

"Alright then. Let's get going." Kakashi said.

"Yeah!" Naruto exclaimed as he rushed out through the gates.

"Why are you getting so excited?" Tazuna asked from beside Kakashi.

"This is the first time I've ever been outside of the village!" Naruto said happily as he looked around. Tazuna frowned and looked over to Kakashi.

"Am I supposed to trust my life to this guy? He's not even taking this seriously!" Tazuna stated. Kakashi laughed, dismissing his worry altogether.

"I'm a Jōnin, you don't have to worry about it." Kakashi informed.

'Way to sound conceited Kakashi.' I thought as I walked on with Naruto up in front.

"Never insult a ninja! Especially me, cause I'm going to be Hokage!" Naruto shouted.

"Hokage? The day you become Hokage, I'll sprout wings and fly." Tazuna stated and I grabbed his bag and pulled Naruto along before he could start anything else.

"Hey! Sakura-chan!" Naruto whined as I dragged him along behind me.

"Let's go. We're wasting time, and stop getting so worked up about everything he says." I stated and let go when he quit wiggling. I looked down at him but kept my focus on our surroundings. The Demon brothers had arrived and were observing us. I looked over to Kakashi and noticed him just relaxing as he looked upon the scene.

"Do you think he's noticed?" Inner asked and I looked back to Naruto.

'Maybe. Kakashi's really skilled after all. I wouldn't put it passed him to have already sensed them and just waiting for them to move.' I thought as we all began to walk out of the village and towards our destination.

~*oOo*~

The walk had been very quiet for the first twenty minutes that we had begun in our mission. Naruto had asked about Tazuna's country, which was then explained to him by Kakashi. He had reassured us that no enemy would attack us during a C-rank mission even as we travelled far.

After an hour of walking, I was surprised that the Demon brothers had yet to appear. However, when I saw the glimmer of light on the floor up ahead, I discreetly moved to the back with Kakashi. Clearing my throat to catch his attention, he looked over to me and I roamed my eyes towards the front and around us. Turning back to him, he nodded calmly and I knew he had already known of their presence.

As we passed the puddle of water, I curiously wondered what would happen if one was to step in it. I was sure it would have to hurt them, but decided against stepping in it, to give the others a bit of a lesson on staying alert. One usually learned things better with experience, so they too needed to experience a little fright once in a while. There was no way I would let them get hurt, so I too was ready for the attack.

When I felt the distinct rise of chakra, and heard the sound of chains, I looked back at the same time as the others. Kakashi had been wrapped with razor sharp chains and produced a shocked expression to make things believable. He struggled for a few seconds before the two rouge-nin pulled and sliced through 'Kakashi'.

Sasuke had immediately tensed up beside me, while Tazuna looked completely freaked out. Naruto was worst off, as he shouted for Kakashi in disbelief. I placed myself directly in front of Tazuna, ready to protect him.

"It's your turn next." One said and moved to wrap Tazuna with chains. I felt two chakra spikes, one coming from Sasuke, while to other came from on top of a tree. I was glad he was ready to step in incase anything happened.

Sasuke had moved quickly, throwing his kunai towards the chains, pinning them to a tree. Landing on their arms, he grabbed them and kicked both of their faces away from Naruto. Everything was going relatively the same way, until both had unattached the chains from their hands, and came straight towards Tazuna and I. Changing my stance into the wide, Earth style, I readied myself to attack. I travelled chakra to my palms and outstretched them to make contact with their chest. Narrowing my eyes, I focused on their speed to predict their arrival.

Sasuke had not stepped in front of me this time, which was a relief. I wouldn't have to move around him. When they were at arms length, I pushed my palms forward, but stopped mere centimeters before they reached the green Jōnin vest in front of me. Widening my eyes, I had to let go of the breath I hadn't realized I was holding on to.

"That was way too close!" Inner screamed as she helped remove the chakra from my palms. I nodded and frowned up to the back of Kakashi's head.

He turned and smiled down to me as if he had not just stepped in. The two unconscious bodys draped over each of his arms.

"That was dangerous Kakashi-sensei." I stated with a frown of disapproval.

"I know, that's why I stepped in." He informed with a smile.

"I meant that it was dangerous for you to step in." I clarified. He chuckled and turned around disregarding my concern. Glaring at him from behind, I then turned to look at the others. Sasuke had a face of irritation, most likely having to do with Kakashi's way of handling the situation. Naruto was shocked until he looked at the log that was in place of Kakashi's would-be body pieces.

"Sorry I didn't step in earlier. I didn't think you would get hurt and freezing up in place." Kakashi said and looked over to Sasuke.

"You did good Sasuke. You too Sakura." Kakashi stated and I just had to sigh in annoyance.

"WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Inner yelled as she cursed Kakashi for intruding. I glared at him again but then walked over to Naruto. He looked completely depressed.

"Naruto, you don't have to worry so much. This wasn't expected, anyone would freeze up." I consoled. He looked up to me and nodded.

"I know...but you and teme didn't..." Naruto stated dejectedly. I smiled and patted his head.

"But, we've had a bit more training...Look, if you cheer up, I promise to practice more with you when we get back; but I don't want to hear you whine, deal?" I asked and watched his face light up with excitement.

"Deal! I promise not to whine when you put me through your training from hell!" Naruto exclaimed and my happy smile fell when I register the last part.

"What? Training from Hell? Where did you get that from?" I asked and watched as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well...Ino was always whining in class about your training routine..." Naruto replied and I had to lift an eyebrow.

"Eh?...My routine isn't that bad. And how would she know? She's only ever done it once!" I said and tilted my head in wonder.

"Maybe that's why she's only ever done it once." Sasuke stated and I glared over to his smirking face. Turning back to Naruto, I took his hand and observed his injury while he bickered with Sasuke about being a scaredy-cat.

'It's completely healed...The Kyubi's chakra is certainly fast at healing.' I thought as I looked over to Naruto with narrowed eyes.

'Although it may be helpful in situations such as these, he's still a burden until they become friends later on.'

"Wow! Sakura-chan, you're getting much better at healing!" Naruto exclaimed as he looked at his hand. I blinked and focused on Naruto.

"Oh...yeah, I guess?" I said uncertainly, since it wasn't me who did it.

"Sakura, I wasn't aware that you had gotten that good at healing. There was poison in their claws, I'm amazed you could heal it." Kakashi stated and I glared at him. He and I both knew it wasn't me, he was just being a jerk cause he knew I didn't want the others knowing what I knew. He had a sick enjoyment of making me struggle to keep my secrets a secret.

"Sakura-chan, that's amazing!" Naruto exclaimed with eyes filled with awe. I sighed and glared at Kakashi as he smiled at my expense.

"Now team, we must focus. I didn't intervene earlier because I wanted to see who their target was. These guys were Chunin from the village hidden in the mist. They fight relentlessly no matter the sacrifice." Kakashi informed as we looked at the two unconscious Chunin. I walked over to him and leaned down to take in their appearance.

I stumbled back when Kakashi had pushed onto me one of the ninja's unconscious body. He seemed to enjoy bossing kids around, well, at least he did to us.

Grabbing a hold of the guy, I walked over to a tree and placed him on the ground, leaning him on the tree. Kakashi did the same with the other then took out ropes made to render chakra unusable, at least for chunin and lower. He tied them up and then continued to inform us of the two.

"I found out that they were after you, the master bridge builder. You asked for standard protection and didn't mention ninjas would be after you. This would have made the mission a B-rank or higher. We are not ready to take this mission." Kakashi stated as he stared at Tazuna's nervous face.

"Take it easy Sensei. He must have had his reasons. Besides, we've already given our consent to Shishou; and I'm sure these two wouldn't want to quit now." I said and received two nods from both Naruto and Sasuke.

"Fine then, we'll continue this mission; but I expect to have a group talk once we get you home Tazuna." Kakashi gave in when I sent him a reassuring nod. I told him the minor details about what was going to happen, but not all since things might change.

~*oOo*~

Travelling from Konoha to the Land of Waves would take at least two weeks. The first long week had been uneventful besides Naruto's hyper activeness. I had a good time teaching Naruto and Sasuke what I knew about the outside. Since neither really travelled as much as I did, they seemed to take in what I said seriously. Even when I had joked one time about the berries they were eating having being poisonous. Naruto had comically spit the berries out immediately. Sasuke had stopped chewing and looked conflicted about whether to eat them or copy Naruto and spit them out.

Laughing at their expression had caused them to realize I had been lying. From then after they trusted Kakashi's words to find out whether the food was safe or not. I found it entertaining to see the same scene played out every night. I could tell Kakashi and even Tazuna had found it amusing.

To make amends, I presented to them the pastries I had packed and their trust was gained immediately. I instructed them to eat only one a night, since I wanted them to have enough, even though there was plenty. I wanted to give the children of the village some, so I wanted to save them for then.

~*oOo*~

On the second week, we spent it on a boat. It wasn't filled with anything exciting besides Naruto's apparent sea-sickness. I spent that time meditating and working on chakra exercises most of the time.

At the end of the week, we had arrived to the Land of Waves, Naruto making a surprising adaptation to the boat's movement halfway. We then took a small motor boat the rest of the way towards Tazuna's island. The motor was turned off soon after and was rowed the remaining of the way.

"We're almost at the bridge." Stated the man who handled the rowing. A few more seconds and an unfinished bridge came into view. Naruto had exclaimed his surprise out loud like usual and the man had promptly shushed him.

"Quiet! The reason we're travelling this way is so we're not found!" The man whispered harshly.

"Tazuna, you have to tell me who is after you and why. If you don't, then we'll have to end this mission as soon as we land on shore." Kakashi stated as he looked at Tazuna.

"...You all have to know that the one who is after my life is one of the wealthiest men in the world. You must know of him, the Shipping Magnet, Gato." Tazuna informed seriously and I watched Kakashi's unbelievable expression.

"Gato? As in Gato Transport? He's a business leader everyone knows of." Kakashi stated as he looked over to me, questioningly. I returned the stare and nodded knowingly. He would no doubt want me to tell him what I knew of this mission.

"Who's that?" Naruto whispered, noticing the change in the air.

"Gato, is certainly a famous leader to everyone, but underneath is just as ruthless as when he takes over other businesses. He sells drugs and counter band using gangs and ninjas. It was a year ago that he used his wealth to take over our island and its transportation. He fears the bridge because it will connect us to the land and help bring in supplies." Tazuna explained.

"If you knew all of this, why didn't you tell us before?" Sasuke asked, searching the man's face for any clues.

"Our island is small and impoverish. We could not afford an A or B-rank mission, and if you stop I'll surely get killed. Don't feel bad though, my grandson will only cry for a while for his granddad's disappearance; and of course my daughter too." Tazuna stated and I looked at him in disbelief.

'Of course, tug at our heart strings to make sure we complete this mission.' I thought as I looked at Naruto's expression. He was completely caught in the man's plan.

"Yeah, but it would have worked on you if you didn't have already agreed to do so." Inner said as she rolled her eyes. Ignoring her, I focused back on the others.

"Well, I guess we have no choice. We'll continue guarding you." Kakashi replied.

"Oh I'm grateful." Tazuna said with a victorious grin. I shook my head at his blatant expression.

"Tazuna, we're almost there. We've been lucky, no one has spotted us." The man had informed. I looked forward and watched as the mist vanished as we entered a tunnel. I could practically feel the excitement surrounding Naruto.

The boat had finally reached the end and we were greeted by a rather lovely sight. The fog was gone and the water was a nice blue, trees growing from the water where vividly green. Small houses were not to far away. I knew, however, that even with this small amount of beauty, this island was suffering greatly.

The boat man had dropped us off at the edge of a building. As we walked away I heard Kakashi's dejected sigh and smiled up to him reassuringly. Hopefully he knew that I wouldn't have allowed this if I knew something really bad was going to happen. Not that I wouldn't stop it if it did.

Kakashi smiled and patted my head in acknowledgement, seeming to have resigned himself to that fact.

~*oOo*~

Thirty minutes had passed of peaceful walking until Naruto had gotten his bright idea to start being suspicious of everything. He had completely surprised us when he threw a kunai at a random spot. A few minutes of awkward silence passed when Naruto stood from his overly dramatic stance.

"It was just a mouse." Naruto brushed the mistake off.

"Oh Naruto..." Kakashi mumbled and Tazuna quickly yelled at Naruto for his little stunt.

"I just know someone is following us! He's over there!" Naruto shouted as he threw another kunai, this one had surprisingly whizzed passed me and pinned itself to a tree. The other's having seen it, were about to tell him to stop being reckless.

As soon as Kakashi was going to reprimand him for doing something so dangerous, he had sensed the rabbit. I had its small chakra locked since a few minutes ago, as well as searching for Zabuza's and Haku's.

"Right there!" Naruto shouted as he shot another kunai.

'He's wasted weapons for nothing.' I thought as we all looked over and noticed the white rabbit. I chuckled when he walked over and brought the rabbit close to his face in a hug. He began to rub his face on the poor, scared rabbit's and apologized.

I stopped once Inner and I both felt Zabuza not too far away. Had he really been there all this time? He was certainly fast if I could barely sense the spike for a second as he substituted himself.

I cleared my throat, something I found myself frequently doing in order to get his attention. As soon as I did, and felt Kakashi's stare, I looked up to the trees. Hopefully he would understand that I was telling him Zabuza was in the trees. When we felt the spike, we immediately looked towards the sword that was flung in our direction.

"Get down!" Kakashi instructed as he lowered Tazuna down to the ground. The other two looked in our direction, before I tackled them to the ground, shielding them just in case.

"Sakura-chan?!" Naruto exclaimed in surprise as the rabbit scurried off and Sasuke grunted on the ground beneath me. I got up as soon as the sword hit the tree and Zabuza stood on it, all the others soon followed my example.

"Well well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi. Rouge ninja of the village hidden in the Mist." Kakashi stated and as soon as I felt Naruto take a step, and the muscles tense in both Kakashi's and Zabuza's body, I held him back by his bag.

He looked at me in confusion, but all I did was shake my head. It was best he didn't get involved, not yet.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan...Did I get it right?" He asked nonchalantly, in that deep voice fitting for his appearance. Feeling Sasuke's confusion, I side glanced at him and then back to the front. I could tell I would be multitasking a lot in this mission. I would have to meditate whenever I could, in order for my mind not to go into an overload.

"It's too bad huh? But you'll have to hand over the old man." Zabuza stated. Kakashi raised a hand to his forehead protector.

"Protect the bridge builder, and stay out of this fight. You must use the teamwork I taught you." Kakashi commanded as he raised the headband and opened his left eye, Sharingan fully activated. Naruto's expression had me struggling to stop from chuckling. It was hilarious as he stared into Kakashi's eye. He looked confused and freaked out by the eye, but still slightly awe struck. Probably thinking it looked cool. Sasuke, on the other hand, was only feeling confused and shocked by the new development.

"Well, I guess I get to see the Sharingan in action. What an honor." Zabuza said and turned over to face us. Naruto then had asked what the Sharingan was and Sasuke had begun to explain. I took this time to step closer to Tazuna and sense for Haku's chakra.

"That's right boy, but you only just scratched the surface. As for you Jōnin, the assassination unit had an order to kill you on sight. You were in the Mist's Bingo Book as the man who's copied over a thousand jutsus. Kakashi, the Copy Ninja." Zabuza informed and the mist picked up and surrounded us.

"That is so cool!" Naruto exclaimed, not in the least bit worried about the situation.

'How the heck did they not notice the mist, or at least be more on alert?' I thought as I tensed up from all the chakra invading my senses. It felt almost like Genjutsu, in the sense that it clouded everything around me.

"Enough talking. I need to get rid of the old man." Zabuza stated and I couldn't help the disbelieving look that crossed my expression.

"What the hell! He was the one chatting away!" Inner screamed incredulously.

Moving closer to Tazuna, I positioned myself to his right, while Sasuke took the middle, and Naruto the left. I would have to move Sasuke in order to get to Zabuza and let's not forget the huge opening in the back. Who knows where he'll go this time.

Both of them had kunai raised and ready to use if need be which was good. They were taking things seriously now.

"So, you're first Kakashi, then it'll be your brats and finally the old man." He said as he pushed off and landed on the lake up ahead.

"Ninja art: Hidden Mist Jutsu." He said as the built up chakra inside him spread out all around us in a dense mist. He disappeared from our sight, soon after.

"Remember what you've learned during those practices, don't rely solely on chakra and use your senses." I said before going back to listening for any noise. Everything was quiet besides the leaves rustling and the sound the leaves made as they fell in the water.

Kakashi spoke up and explained to Naruto who had asked about Zabuza and the mist. While he did, the mist was getting thicker.

When Kakashi had finished, Zabuza spoke up and listed the eight points he could strike. Kakashi had been building up chakra and released it in a wave. It dissipated the mist and we could all see now. Hearing the tinkling of the rattling kunai, I glanced towards Sasuke. He was tensed up and his breaths came out in shallow deep ones. His hands were shaking really bad and I had worried he would freeze up through the rest.

"Sasuke! Calm down. I'll protect you with my life, all of you." Kakashi reassured.

"I won't allow my comrades to die, trust me." He spoke in resolve as he looked back and smiled at us. I smiled and looked at him, even as a clone and sensed the honesty in his words.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Zabuza said as he spoke from behind us.

'I didn't even sense him!' I thought as I turned and noticed him to be much closer than I thought. It would work for my advantage. I quickly rammed my palm to his chest and infused his body with chakra. I watched as he exploded and water rained down on us. Knowing he was a water clone, I infused chakra within him to disturb his own so he would pop. I had the idea by thinking of blowing a bubble. Too much air would cause the soapy bubble to expand until it burst. The Water Clone Jutsu was much the same as the Shadow Clone Jutsu because they both had solid clones but both needed a steady stream of chakra. I was glad that idea had worked.

As soon as the clone burst, I turned around and found Kakashi in front, shielding us from another Zabuza that had appeared.

"It seems your brats were more prepared for this than I thought." Zabuza stated as he looked at me. I held the stare unyieldingly and moved my body in the Earth's impenetrable defense stance. Feet apart and arms up. I outstretched my Left hand forward, my palm facing him and my right arm bent, palm was positioned near my upper body. I had chakra charged in the palms and ready to make contact with anything.

Kakashi had stepped into our line of sight and made it clear that we would not be facing each other.

"Fine then, you first!" Zabuza exclaimed and charged forwards. Kakashi met him halfway and they clashed weapons. Zabuza lowered himself into a crouch before slashing his long sword through Kakashi. I could see the flash of satisfaction cross his face, and the worry from the other three. Zabuza's expression changed when he quickly noticed it not to be blood but water bursting out of the slash.

"You copied the technique?!" Zabuza stated more to himself as he felt the tip of the kunai across his jugular.

"Don't move. It's over." Kakashi stated as silence over came the area.

"Alright!" Naruto shouted and Sasuke relaxed. I stayed in my stance in front of Tazuna who was sitting on the ground. I moved my eyes up, towards the figure shrouded by the foliage. Turning back to where the others where, I heard Zabuza's laugh echo throughout the field.

"You don't get it. I won't be defeated by a copy ninja, although, you are full of surprises. You had already copied my technique when you had given that little speech. Very skillful, but nice try. I'm not that easy to fool." He finished from behind the Kakashi clone. The water clone dispersed as Zabuza slashed his sword. Kakashi ducked and missed the sword by mere inches. As it dug into the ground, Zabuza changed hands and kicked at Kakashi, sending him towards the lake. This is where my plan begins and things change.

'Inner you can do it now.' I instructed and felt her nod before going into a series of hand signs. Immediately after he emerged from the water, Zabuza stood behind him and completed a series of his own hand signs.

"Hmph, fool. Water Prison Jutsu!" Zabuza called out.

"No!" Kakashi exclaimed as he turned behind and noticed the water rising. I felt myself being tugged and soon was crouching, looking at a different view. Everything was unclear, it had a bluish tint and I felt entrapped, that was how I knew it had worked. I had definitely switched places with Kakashi.

"What?!" Zabuza exclaimed with confusion.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto worriedly exclaimed.

"Sakura! What have you done?!" Kakashi questioned as he stood where I had moments ago. I had to this, in order to get close to Zabuza and finish part one of my plan.

"Come on sensei. Lets be reasonable, we all know it's best to have you out there." I said as I concentrated on surrounding myself with a small bubble of chakra of my own. That way, if Zabuza wanted to try something, then I could have at least a few seconds of time to give Kakashi a warning so he could save me.

"Well, change of plans, huh Kakashi? I was just freely given a hostage. If you want the girl, then give me the old man." Zabuza requested. I had seen this coming and knew of a way to stop it, but really wasn't expecting the response from the others.

"I'll go, just leave the girl." Tazuna stated.

"WHAT?!" Naruto shouted along with Inner. Sasuke and Kakashi both looked conflicted about the situation.

"No. Sensei, don't let it happen. I'll be fine." I said and gained everyone's attention. I faintly noticed the weird sound of my voice, it would have been interesting in a different situation.

"Oh? Not scared to be imprisoned? I could kill you in an instant." Zabuza said. I looked up at his distorted image caused by the water prison's rippling movements.

"No, because you won't kill me, at least not yet. I'm a hostage with value. I could make capturing Tazuna faster for you." I stated and noticed his amusement by my words turned into laughter.

"I like you. You're fearless like me." He stated and I shrugged.

"I don't know about that." I mumbled to myself. I'd rather not be lumped together with someone who might actually enjoy killing.

"Sakura! Don't do or say anything!" Kakashi stated from across the field. I was sure he was worried about Zabuza finding out about my ability. It could very well be of use to him and others.

"Roger...and it's not like I have anything else to do for now." I whispered the last part to myself.

'Inner, get ready for step two.' I said and wondered how things would change.

"HEY! Let Sakura-chan go!" Naruto shouted with anger.

"Hmph, you think you're ninjas, but have yet to experience anything at all. When you become so deadly that your name enters my Bingo Book, then you may be called a ninja. But you, you're a joke." Zabuza said while releasing his chakra again. The mist picked up and he made another clone to attack Naruto. It was hard not being able to prevent them getting beat up, but they did need to experience this.

Just like the last time, with the exception of Kakashi, helping them out when needed. Things progressed slightly the better and faster. I was surprised Kakashi had agreed to let them fight. It was certainly a good thing for them as a team.

It came down to the final moment, where Naruto pronounced he had a plan. I smiled proudly when I saw his determined look and knew that it would work. I briefly wondered what Kakashi would be doing in this plan. Would it still be the same?

Well, Zabuza certainly got the small time of satisfaction when he stepped on Sasuke before faintly admiring Naruto's Shadow clones. Of course those ended quick because Kakashi was there to help fend him off.

"I'm not giving up! Sasuke!" Naruto shouted as he threw the large Shuriken at Sasuke. As soon as he had caught it, he had known that it wasn't a real Shuriken.

"Demon Wind Shuriken: Windmill of Shadows!" Sasuke called out as he held the large Shuriken.

"KYAA! Go Sasuke-kun!" Inner squealed. I sighed at her lack of worry but smiled nonetheless.

'What a complete show-off.' I thought as I continued to watch. As expected the Shuriken passed the clone and made its way towards us. For a second, I wondered what would happen if at a moment of bad luck, that Shuriken would hit me too. I didn't like the outcome so I focused on part two of my plan.

"Hmm, your aim had been the real me this whole time." Zabuza said as he easily caught the first one in his unoccupied hand. We both turned our heads at the sound of the second one.

"A second one in the shadow of the first one!" Zabuza exclaimed in a rushed tone as he jumped high to avoid it. My eyes stayed on the Shuriken that had missed him.

"I told you, a Shuriken won't touch me!" Zabuza repeated. Poofing sounds were heard, before Naruto appeared and threw a kunai.

"Eat this!" Naruto shouted. I followed it and watched as it dug itself in Zabuza's arm. This broke the jutsu along with his concentration and I quickly shoved my palm forward and slammed it against his wrist. I broke it during the process, and it had not been my intention but it was a plus. Inner had performed a simple Fūinjutsu that I had placed on Zabuza on contact.

"WHAT?!" He shouted and I saw the shock on his face before my forearm was grabbed tightly and I was literally flung back. I flipped in the air so I would land on my feet and not my back. Looking up, I saw Kakashi copying Zabuza's moves exactly.

"Sakura get back." Kakashi instructed. I looked at his serious expression and nodded.

"That was stupid Sakura." Sasuke said as I approached them. I tilted my head and rubbed my neck, a habit I got from Naruto.

"Sorry...but I couldn't have let Kakashi-sensei get caught." I said and positioned myself in front of Tazuna.

"It was still dangerous. You shouldn't have done it." Tazuna chastised. I sighed and nodded.

'Men, they're so overly protective.' I thought and felt Inner stir with a frown on her face.

"You're one to talk!"

"I know." I said to both as I watched the ending.

Kakashi hadn't been able to finish him off, like the last time. Needles had rendered Zabuza immobile. Falling to the ground, a body soon appeared beside him.

"I will take it from here." Haku said. Careful to not give anything away.

"Are you a hunter ninja?" Kakashi asked, and we all saw him nod his confirmation.

"Yes, I have been tracking Zabuza for some time now." He responded and Kakashi nodded, rather easily to him.

"I will be taking his body now." Haku stated before lifting his body. It had surprised me slightly when he lasted a moment longer than needed to look towards my direction. Tilting my head, I watched as he then disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

'Hmm, I wonder what that was about...whatever. I'll be seeing both of them soon anyway.' I thought as I walked over towards Kakashi and Naruto who were looking in my direction as they talked. Knowing them to be talking about hunter ninja, I walked over and, as if on cue, Kakashi fell forward exactly when I had outstretched my arms knowingly. Adding a bit of chakra, I held him up and looked over to Tazuna.

"So, mind showing us the way to your house?" I asked and watched as he blinked and nodded in a daze. I would have to take this time as Kakashi rested to follow up on part three of my plan.

Part one on the Wave Mission done! Did you guys like it? Next chapter will be posted no later than Thursday!

💖💖Love and kisses😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 1.8K 37
Sakura Haruno never expected much her first year of high school. After joining the Student Council, she had unknowingly become the object of affectio...
29.3K 669 18
● PLEASE READ THE REWRITTEN VERSION CALLED REWINDING TIME!!! THIS STORY IS REALLY HORRIBLE AND THE GRAMMAR SUCKS A*S ALONG WITH THE PLOT. "I'm sorry...
86.4K 2.8K 36
There was a girl named Sakura Haruno who was the happiest girl in the village, her smile could brighten any day, every boy had an interest in her, in...
3.2K 147 16
Mature: Strong Language You fell asleep one night and woke up in another world. You find yourself as Sakura Haruno from the Naruto series. Will you s...