Molten Chocolate (The Hollens...

By MavelineBelle

"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was a... More

Chapter 1: Molten Chocolate
Chapter 2: The Starlet
Chapter 3: Alert! Alert!
Chapter 4: Boss
Chapter 5: You're Fired!
Chapter 6: Jessica Hills
Chapter 7: Bed Base
Chapter 8: Blame It On The Alcohol
Chapter 9: Wild Thoughts
Chapter 10: All Aboard
Chapter 11: What To Do?
Chapter 12: The 'Cays'
Chapter 13: Bury My Heart
Chapter 14: Crunch Munch
Chapter 15: Boss Is Back
Chapter 16: Ring This
Chapter 17: Ding!
Chapter 18: Let Yourself Out
Chapter 19: Will You?
Chapter 20: Brace Yourself
Chapter 21: Solution
Chapter 22: Unexpected
Chapter 24: Girl Chat
Chapter 25: Reconsideration
Chapter 26: Dinner Invite
Chapter 27: Uninvited Guest
Chapter 28: More Than Dinner
Chapter 29: Pick A Side
Chapter 30: Sleep On It
Chapter 31: Finally
Chapter 32: Mine
Chapter 33: Muffins
Chapter 34: Under Attack
Chapter 35: "I Quit!"
Chapter 36: The Truth And Nothing But
Chapter 37: Apologizing
Chapter 38: Repercussions
Chapter 39: Breathe Again
Chapter 40: What Now?
Don't Tell Me
A Frozen Hell?
Getting Situated
Cool Off
Tell Me About It
It's in the Eyes
A Kiss Is Just A Kiss
Breaking Point
Who's Responsible
Help Me Pick A Cover
Keys
Blast From The Past
Breaking Down The Walls
Collision Coast
Boy Talk
Don't Test Me
It's Time
And The DNA Test Says....
Out
Moving On
Where It Hurts
I've Always Loved You
BONUS CHAPTER
COOKIES AND CREAM
IT'S HERE
Cherry On Top
Final Chapter
COMING SOON

Chapter 23: Pills and Embarrassment

239K 11K 2K
By MavelineBelle

Evan's POV

The next day at my office I couldn't wait to see the look on Jasmine's face. I had already transferred the money for her mother's lung transplant and cleared all the outstanding medical expenses so she wouldn't have a burden on her hands.

I didn't do this for Jasmine to fall in love with me or for her to think that she owed me. I wanted to do something good, from the heart, for someone I'd been having uncontrollable feelings for. She didn't even know I was the one who paid off everything, and it would stay that way until I was ready to tell her myself.

I was at my desk, reading through emails and proposals towards the company.

A knock came on the door.

"Come in," I said.

My father walked in dressed in a sharp grey suit, briefcase in hand and adjusting his neck tie.

I threw myself back in my chair as a smirk came on my face. It was a pleasant surprise indeed.

"Aw, old man, you're looking like you've come out of retirement and are back to take away my position," I joked.

"Very funny," he said back, pulling out a chair and sitting down at my desk.

"I wasn't expecting you until after lunch." I looked at my Rolex; it was not even 9:00 am.

"Your mother has plans for us after lunch. You know your mother, she always has something for us to do. But I should have called first to let you know I'd be here earlier."

"No, it's alright. You're the original boss here. We can get started right away."

I had explained to Dad about the team I fired when I came back from the Caymans. He was rather disappointed at first, but when I explained to him that they were lazy and incompetent, he saw the need for my judgement. Today, he insisted on dropping by and hiring a new team for me; although I could do so myself. He was my father and the one who started this company. I wouldn't be sitting in this chair if it wasn't for this man. The least I could do was to allow him on, still making decisions, and trusting his advice. He was Dad and he would never steer me wrong.

I looked as he went through paper after paper. I had handed him some applications over dinner yesterday.

Another knock came on my door and a smile immediately spread across my lips. I knew it was her.

"Come," I said sternly, keeping a professional pitch because my father was here.

Jasmine walked in with all her splendid glory. She was wearing a black skirt and black women's double breasted blazer with a white long sleeve shirt. The attire looked like it was made specially for her because it was hugging her in all the right places, but she wasn't looking unprofessional. She looked beautiful. Her bright brown eyes flashed. Her hair was styled in a neat bun which complimented her face. She was really beautiful.

"SON!" I heard my father yell.

"Yeah," I answered, looking away from Jasmine and flipping through papers as if I were doing that all along.

"Did you heard what I asked you?" he asked me.

Shit! He asked me something? I didn't hear a thing!

"Yeah, I heard you. Umm... I think it's a go," I lied.

Dad shook his head and turned around to face Jasmine. His eyes scanned her, not in a sexual way, or an uncomfortable way, but to see what took my focus away.

"Good morning Mr. Hollen," Jasmine greeted.

"Good Morning," my father and I said in sync.

"Jas... Miss Blackman, this is my father, Mr. Ethan Hollen. Dad, this is Miss Jasmine Blackman, my personal assistant," I introduced.

Jasmine held out her hand to my father. But, of course, Dad had to be extra and pulled her into a hug instead.

She seemed surprised by it, and I was too.

"It's an honor to finally get to meet you, Mr. Hollen," she said with a beautiful smile as Dad pulled out a chair for her.

She sat down beside him and at that I knew exactly what he was trying to do.

"So tell me, Miss Blackman, do you love working here with my son?"

I could see her blush.

Aww, she's blushing.

"Yes, Mr. Hollen. He's the best boss on the planet and I love this company, and I love what I do," she answered with no expression on her face now.

"Very good. I'm happy to hear that. How long you've been working here?"

"One year and a month exactly."

"Okay. Very nice."

She and dad continued talking about other things that were leading to me slowly but surely. I knew he would do this so, before he embarrassed the woman, I dismissed her.

"Why did you do that?" he asked me, when she left the office and went back to her desk to start her daily tasks.

"Because I know what you're trying to do Dad."

"Oh, well, I just wanted to know if she feels the same way about you."

"I don't feel any type of way for my personal assistant," I lied through my teeth.

"Oh yeah? Then why did you get so distracted when she walked in here? Your whole firm demeanor changed to that of a lost puppy."

"What! I wasn't lost."

"Yes you were. Admit it. Do you like her?"

I wasn't about to put my guard down for my father, or anybody else for that matter.
What I felt for Jasmine couldn't be pursued just yet. I admitted to myself that I did have feelings for her, but I was not about to take anything to another level so soon.

"Dad, the relationship I have with my employees is strictly professional--" I began but he cut me off.

"Don't feed me that. I'm your father. I know you. But it's your life and your decision. All I'm saying, is that she's beautiful and it's going to hurt you if you see her in the arms of another man."

My mind instantly flashed back to Bradley. I wanted to murder that piece of shit for holding hands with her and taking her to the hospital instead of me. I shook that thought away and placed it at the back of my head.

"That's not going to happen," I let out.

"Okay. Back to business," he replied and we looked through papers after papers in order to hire another solid team.

Another knock came on my door and in walked Jessica in a tight red dress, red heels and her blonde hair was curled. Her face was caked with makeup. I wasn't in a mood for dealing with her.

"Hey baby," she said in her annoying voice.

Everything about her was now annoying to me.

Dad looked at her then back at me.

"Good morning, Jessica," I said without even looking at her.

"Oh, hi, Mr. Hollen. How are you doing?" she asked my father, holding out her hand to him.

"Dad, you remember Jessica Hills from high school?" I asked as a form of introduction.

"Oh right, right. Miss Hills. I'm doing great; how are you?" he answered, shaking her hand.

No hugs for Jessica.

"What are you doing here Jess?" I already wanted to get rid of her.

"Oh, I just came by to give you this." She unzipped her bag and handed me a bottle of male enhancement pills.

I couldn't understand what had gone through Jessica's mind to bring these for me.

Dad began to snicker.

My eyes blazed at Jessica, wishing she could catch on fire in front of me.

"Why the fuck are you giving me this?" I asked angrily. I was embarrassed.

"Baby, are you sure you want to discuss this here? In front of your dad?"

I flew up from my seat and threw the bottle into the trash.

"Jessica, get out of my office," I said in a calm voice.

It's always quiet before the storm.

I didn't want to get on the other side with her because I knew she was always emotional, and I didn't want her crying and making a scene in front of my father. I would look even worse in his eyes.

"Baby, why did you throw it away when you know you're having problems?"

"You're having problems, son?" dad asked, throwing back his head and laughing.

Jessica was laughing too.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I snapped.

"No, it's a very serious thing; that's why I went out and got you some pills. It would help Evan," she said.

Dad laughed more.

"Dad!" I yelled at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he said holding his chest. "Jessica, my son and I are in the middle of something. Can you come back later on?"

"NO! DON'T COME BACK!" I yelled at her.

"Of course, I'll be back," she said cheerfully and left.

I sat down and buried my face in my hands.

"It's never a dull moment with Jessica," Dad said with a big smile on his face.

I only hoped she didn't come back.

_____________

A/N

Oh Jessica... lol

*Please Don't Forget To Vote*
Thanks everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.4K 20
I'm Hers~ The Bosslady Romance I doesn't deserve her. I'm far so good for her. I'm not bold and brave like her. I'm not good enough for her. I'm not...
732K 25.2K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
16.5K 545 36
Kyra has just moved to a different city and has found a job as an assistant for the ceo of a big marketing company. Despite being in a relationship s...
855K 21.3K 62
"𝘔𝘳. 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨." * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 (Tom Holland x Reader)-(Trigger Warn...