Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 5 - I Hate Him
Chapter 6 - Family Night
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 10 - Mehendi
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 13 - Reception
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 9 - Engagement

179 15 20
By dezertroze

Hey everyone...I just felt like writing this message...I am slightly disappointed with the amount of views and comments I am receiving for this story as I have put a lot of time and effort into it...I would really like to read comments from silent readers and for you all to please share this story with others as much as you can...

I would also like to thank the following readers for your comments on my other stories and for continuing to do so with Safar...I really do appreciate it and a lot of your comments bring a smile to my face...I look forward to reading your comments every time I publish a new chapter...thank you all...

miniibhatt_off

Divyanshi31

Alia_BollywoodFan

BollywoodBae4Varia

_______________

Thank you

humayra_Anjie

for the amazing cover...absolutely love it

_______________

NOTE: There will be no update next week...

_______________

The Engagement

...Anjali and Riddhima had gone window shopping that night but the next day Riddhima had taken the day off as she only had one lesson and both sisters had spent the day out shopping for the engagement.

They had bought two beautiful lenghas; Anjali chose a hot pink colour while Riddhima chose a red and green with lots of matching jewelry and accessories. Riddhima had started to design Anjali's wedding outfit which everyone praised a lot and Anjali sent it off to be made and prayed for it to be made on time...

...The same weekend was Atul and Anjali's engagement party at the Gupta house; it was a very small afternoon function with only fifty guests. They had only invited very close friends and family of the Guptas and neighbours because the Malik family had recently came to the city they hadn't invited anyone from their side at such short notice.

Just before the guests arrived Anjali was up in her room getting dressed with the help of her best friend Sapna, Nishi; her cousin who had recently got married, Natasha and a close friend who was also a professional beautician Shilpa...

...While Riddhima; was fully ready and busy chasing her annoying cousin around the garden where the function was going to be held.

"I can't...hahaha....can't believe this..." Radha laughed non-stop dodging Riddhima's fists as she ran around the chairs; "...I just can't believe this...this is tooooo funny..." she continued laughing.

"Shut up Radha...it's not funny...!" Riddhima yelled at her.

She had been running after Radha for the past ten minutes as she continued to tease her but Riddhima was getting frustrated and did not want to mess up her hair and outfit; she finally gave up and sat down on a chair slightly out of breath.

Radha sat down on a chair opposite to her; holding onto her side she continued laughing as Riddhima rolled her eyes at her; "Are you serious...I mean..." taking a pause to laugh; "...you and...you and Armaan are going to be related...you can't even stand to look at his face...and now you too are going to be family...?" Radha laughed all over again.

"Okay...that's enough..." Riddhima stood up ignoring her questions and fixed her lengha neatly.

"But how are you going to manage...?" she giggled.

Riddhima smiled; "Don't you worry about that my dear...I'll sort him out in my own time..."

"If you two are done with your cat and mouse chase do you mind coming inside to help with the flowers...I'm the only one around here doing the work..." Aagam complained; "...all you girls are either gossiping...getting dressed or like you two being childish..."

"Don't worry Aagam...we're here to help..." Abhi called out; he had just arrived with Rahul and they were both standing on the patio.

"Finally..." Aagam sighed; "...I've been the only one working all day...these two are just being childish..."

Radha scolded him; "Hey...that's not fair...me and Ridz decorated the living room..."

"And the conservatory..." Riddhima added.

Rahul butted in; "Okay...don't worry about who's done what...what's left to be done Aagam?"

"Come with me..." Aagam led the way back inside and they followed; as soon as they disappeared out of sight Muskaan and Nikita walked into the garden.

"Hi girls..." Muskaan called out as they walked over; "...wow this place looks awesome..."

They looked around the garden to see a royal throne couch just off of the patio for the new couple; a couple of dozen Chiavari chairs set up in rows facing the bridal couch; a long table at one end of the garden which would have a buffet of a variety of cuisines and the entire garden was decorated with flowers and red and white drapes.

After some time the girls went up to see if Anjali was ready yet as the guests and the soon to-be groom and family would be there anytime. She was all set and they all used this time wisely to quiz her all about her fiancé; they wanted to know all about him as none of them but Riddhima had seen him. She blushed furiously as they teased her until she was rescued by her Neha Mami who told the girls to come down as the guests had started arriving. Nishi stayed upstairs with Anjali until Atul and his family arrived.

He didn't make them wait long; they arrived very soon and were greeted by Padma, Shashank and Riddhima. They were shown to the garden where the party was going to be held and Shashank and Padma introduced them to the rest of the family; Vikram, Neha, Nani and Natasha.

Riddhima then introduced Atul to Radha and Aagam before making sure he was comfortable and reassuring him that the person he was waiting most eagerly for would be on her way soon; he thanked her with a smile before she walked away. But it was not long before he was joined by another gang; Armaan called his friends over to meet his brother.

"Bhai meet my friends...Abhi...Niki...Muskaan and Rahul..." Armaan pointed to each one as he called out their names.

"Hey everyone...nice to meet you all..." Atul smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too Jiju..." (Brother-in-law) said Nikita.

Atul raised his eyebrow; "Jiju?"

"Actually we're also Riddhima's friends...and we've always looked up to Anjali as a big sister...that's why...Jiju..." Muskaan smiled.

"Oh okay...that's nice..." Atul smiled; "...Armaan has told me all about you guys...it's nice that you guys have accepted him as a friend..."

Rahul nodded as he placed his hand on to Armaan's shoulder; "He's just that kind of guy who fits right in...and we're happy we found him..."

"Thanks man..." he turned to Rahul.

Muskaan caught sight of Riddhima on the balcony; she gestured for them to come up and the girls excused themselves; finding Radha on the way they rushed up inside and up the stairs to get Anjali.

A few moments later all heads turned as Padma and Neha walked through the conservatory door with Anjali; looking nothing less than a princess; Atul stood up as his fiancé walked slowly towards him. There were a few hoots and cheers from the crowd; Aagam and Abhi being the loudest as the couple now stood face to face; Anjali unable to look up at him as a blush crept up her cheek. As they sat down in unison Padma helped Anjali to be comfortable before moving away and giving them some space.

Within seconds the music started up; Riddhima, Muskaan, Nikita and Radha stood on the patio singing and dancing along to the song Navrai Maji from the film English Vinglish and all eyes were on them.

"...Navrai majhi laadachi laadachi ga...Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi ga...Navrai majhi navsaachee navsaachee ga...Apsara jashi indrachi indrachi ga..."

They ran off of the patio together and made their way onto the lawn in front of the couple pulling Nishi, Natasha, Sapna and Shilpa along with them all sang along and danced; four girls in the front and the older four in the back.

"Navrai chali sharmaati ghabraati woh...Piya ke ghar ithlaati balkhaati woh...Surmai naina chalkaati chalkaati woh...Piya ke ghar bharmaati, sakuchati woh...!"

Radha and Riddhima ran over to where the couple were sitting and pulled Anjali up to dance; she refused but they insisted; Atul smiled at her and gestured for her to go, without waiting for another nod Riddhima dragged her sister onto the lawn where the other girls were.

Riddhima and Anjali stood in the middle while the other girls made a circle around them dancing; "Chunar mein iski...sitaare...Saare chamkeele chamkeele chamkeele...Kangan mein iske...ho ho...bahaare...Aaj hariyaale, hariyaale, hariyaale..."

Riddhima urged her on with a small nudge and both sisters started dancing... "Navrai maajhi laadachi laadachi ga...Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi ga...Navrai maajhi navsaachee navsaachee ga...Apsara jashi indrachi indrachi ga...ga...ga...ga!"

Shashank walked into the middle towards his two daughters; placing a hand on to Anjali's cheek he began to sing; "Sunyoji isko, Rakhyo jatan se...O Badi naazuk hain naazuk hain naazuk...kali hai anmol...kali hai anmol..."

A moment later Vikram joined him standing in between Radha and Riddhima; the three of them danced together; "Aaoji aao...thumkha lagaoon...Zara behako ji behako ji behako...Khushiyon ke baaje dhol...Khushiyon ke baaje dhol..."

Padma and Neha joined the family; "Aankhon mein iske...ho ho...ishaare...ho ho...Bade nakhreele nakhreele nakhreele...Sapno ke lakho...ho ho...nazaare...ho ho...Saare rangeele rangeele rangeele..."

Nani walked over to the rest of her family and stood in front of Anjali who smiled widely; "Navrai chali sharmati, ghabrati woh...Piya ke ghar itlathi balkathi who...Surmai naina chalkati chalkati who...Piya ke ghar bharmathi sakuchati woh..."

As the song came to an end the entire garden was full of everyone dancing; Riddhima had brought Atul into the middle of the garden where Anjali was and they all had fun... "Navrai maajhi laadachi laadachi ga...Avad hila chandrachi chandrachi ga...Navrai majhi navsaachee navsaachee ga...Apsara jashi indrachi indrachi ga..."

Once the song came to an end Atul and Anjali were brought back to their throne and the elders carried out the ring ceremony while Riddhima and Armaan stood behind the couch getting full view of their new relationship that was being fixed through their elder siblings.

Padma handed Anjali a platinum engagement band with a dazzling Princess Cut diamond in the centre which Anjali placed smoothly onto Atul's finger. Juhi handed Atul an elegant platinum ring which featured a Princess Cut diamond that glistened irresistibly. Riddhima could not take her eyes off of the stunning ring as Atul slid it onto Anjali's ring finger then held her hand up and placed a gentle kiss on her fingers to which she blushed furiously.

After a while lunch was served and everyone's attention was diverted to the food. Riddhima and the girls had helped themselves and then found a few chairs gathered near the end of the garden which they settled down on.

Riddhima had just placed a spoonful of rice into her mouth and was beginning to chew when Radha spoke up; "Ridz tell me one thing...what's wrong with Armaan...he's really sweet...why do you hate him...I think you two would make a nice couple..."

Riddhima instantly began to cough even before Radha came to the end of her sentence; Nikita rubbed her back gently and Muskaan giggled.

"What did you say?" Riddhima said in outrage once she had recovered.

Radha looked curious; "What's wrong...I said I think you two would make a good couple..."

"Don't you ever say that again...I can't stand him...and I would never want to be paired with him...NEVER!" Riddhima fumed.

"Okay...okay...I won't..." Radha said defensively.

Riddhima looked around at her friends; "Why do you all think that...I just can't understand..."

Muskaan smiled; "Because you two actually do look together...if not we would have no reason to say it..."

"You guys think the same?" Radha turned to them, Nikita nodded and she continued; "...So I'm not the only one...now you have to accept it Ridz..."

"No Way...Never!" Riddhima turned back to her food.

"Okay fine..." Radha huffed; "...but if you're not interested then I don't mind..." she smiled as she looked over at Armaan who was near the buffet table with the boys.

Before she could say another word Riddhima smacked her across her arm roughly and she turned to look at her in anger; "What was that for?"

"How could you even think like that?" Riddhima asked her; "...You have a boyfriend..."

Nikita sat up brightly; "Oh yeah...by the way how is he?"

Radha smiled; "He's fine..." then she turned to Riddhima; "...and it's okay...what he doesn't know won't hurt him..."

Riddhima was furious now; "I'll tell him..."

"No you won't...come on Ridz...we're both okay with an open relationship...if we are okay to see other people why is it bothering you so much...?" Radha told her.

"Okay fine...it's up to you...but please..." she made a face; "...anyone but Armaan...he's just the worst..."

"What's going on over here...?" Riddhima turned to see Armaan standing behind her chair with the other boys.

Riddhima mumbled under her breath; "Speak of the devil..."

"Can we join you...?" Armaan said sitting down on a vacant chair.

"You already have..." Riddhima mumbled under her breath so that no one heard while Radha smiled brightly and nodded for the guys to sit down; she instantly started to speak to Armaan and Riddhima fumed as she saw them getting on so well with each other.

The rest of the day went smoothly with more fun and masti, music and dance and everyone had a great time. The gang left late that evening along with the guests while the Maliks' stayed for dinner spending time with the Gupta family.

Once dinner was over they all settled down in the living room; with the youngsters chilling in the conservatory; Shashank had called Atul into the living room and Anjali, Armaan, Riddhima and Radha joined them.

Umesh looked slightly tensed as Shashank had become serious all of a sudden; "Shashank...sab theek hain na?" (everything is okay right?) he asked.

Vikram shook his head with a smile; "Aap tension mat lo..." (Don't worry)

"Omi...we've known each other for more than five years now...on my insistence you moved to London with your family...and now we're going to be related...I just wanted to give you something in return...me and Vikram want you to join us at Khushi Events...as a partner..." Shashank told him.

Umesh sat up in his seat and looked from Shashank to Vikram and back; "Yeh tum kya keh rahe ho Shashank (What are you saying)...do you even know what you are saying?"

Shashank nodded; "I know very well what I've just said...I didn't need to give it much thought...you have just left your home...you haven't got anything else to do here...and I think it's best that you join us...and Atul as well..." Shashank looked over at him.

Atul was left with no words as the entire room was now in silence but Umesh was not finished yet; "How can I accept this Shash-" he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder which made him turn around in his seat;

"Uncle please mana mat kejeiye..." (Please don't refuse) Anjali told him.

Umesh put his hand over hers and smiled at her with a small nod; "Okay..." he smiled.

Vikram clapped; "Yeh huwi na baat!" (That's perfect)

The two families had now become one and inseparable, seeing this Riddhima and Armaan were both very happy and inside their feelings were changing for each other; they still argued and fought with each other but just for the fun of it not serious anymore...

_______________

Hey guys...I really hope you have enjoyed this chapter...will there be any change between Armaan and Riddhima during the upcoming functions...or will Radha seize the opportunity?

Please make me happy by commenting and tapping the star! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1K 40
𝘏𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭𝘴...
909K 80.9K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
480K 26.6K 41
~Bhuva Agarwal~ Meet this bubbly and charming girl who brings a smile on everyone's face. Fiesty yet innocent, sweet yet sarcastic, loyal and stubbor...
85K 5K 31
(Published on Amazon as an e-book, sample here only)...... Nineteen year-old beautiful girl Hooriya Malik is a rich spoilt brat. She is Arrogant, St...