Why ~Zach Herron~

Od WhyDontWe_Dolan

*Sequel to I Depend On You* "Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth ab... Viac

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48(Part 1)
48(Part 2)
New Fanfics
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

Bonus Chapter 2

7.7K 208 219
Od WhyDontWe_Dolan

*9 years later*

Wes's P. O. V.

The first day back to school after Christmas break was always the hardest. The start of a new semester and not another break from school until spring.

I slowly got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stepped under the hot water that made me want to fall right back asleep.

I continued to get ready, throwing on some jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and my vans. I sprayed myself with some cologne and put on my glasses before grabbing my hair gel. It was probably the most time consuming part of my morning. My dad taught me  how to fix my hair. It takes a while, but it always looks perfect.

"Wes, breakfast is ready!" My mom shouted from the kitchen.

I went and grabbed a plate of the pancakes that she had made, slipping a tiny bit of bacon to Rose. She was super old, but we loved her. Desiree was sitting at the table eating as my mom started to braid her hair.

"You ready to go back to school?"

"I'm only looking forward to soccer season," I said truthfully.

"As long as you keep your grades up," my dad said walking in. He walked by my mom, putting his hands on her pregnant belly and kissing her lips.

"How's the baby today?"

"She might join you on the field, Wes. She's quite the kicker." Mom laughed. She was six months pregnant, and they already knew it was a girl.

After finishing my breakfast I washed my plate and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my backpack and took one last look in the mirror.

"Wes, let's go you don't wanna be late!" Mom yelled. I walked outside to the car and got into the passenger seat.

When I got to school, I headed straight for the gym. The soccer coaches always let me chill in their office before school actually started.

"Herron, how was your break?" Coach Smith asked, patting my back.

"Good, we flew to Texas to visit my dad's family. How about you?"

"It was great, I got snowed in in the mountains."

"Sounds a lot cooler than here," I joked.

"Definitely."

The bell rang and as I walked to class I ran into my two friends, Xavier and Randy. We did our bro handshake then walked to our lockers, but Randy's girlfriend, Jeanette, pulled him away.

I walked into my first period, Algebra 2, and sat in my seat. I noticed a new girl walk in while talking to a soccer friend. She was gorgeous, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

The bell brought me back into reality. The teacher started class, but most of it I spent looking at the new girl.

When class finally ended, I tried to walk over to her, but a groups of guys stopped to talk to me. I brought them over to her desk while still talking to them. I looked over at the girl and our eyes met. She dropped something from her bag and her cheeks went red. It was a pad. I knew the guys would say something so I quickly picked it up and hid it from them. The group walked past us and it was just us two then.

"Here," I said handing it back to her.

"Thanks," she said quietly.

"It's the least I can do. You girls have it bad, I hope you feel better," I said.

"I'm Emersyn." She smiled sticking her empty hand out. I shook her hand, not letting go for a second.

"I'm Wesley, but you can call me Wes."

"Okay." Her smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Her perfect lips spread showing her perfect teeth. And her perfect brown eyes had green and gold specks in them that made her eyes even more perfect.

"Is this your first day?" I asked. She nodded. "Let me show you to your next class."

"Okay, I have English."

"Me too." I smiled. "We'll walk together."

She nodded and gathered her stuff. I waited for her then walked out into the halls with her. The crowd of people split whenever we walked. I was used to it, being the son of two celebrities kind of automatically made me popular, so people would naturally get out of my way.

                                      ***

I found Emersyn at her locker before lunch. I walked up and said hey, scaring her.

"No one's talked to me all day, you scared me." She laughed.

"So I guess that answers my question of do you have a place to sit." I chuckled. She laughed softly, too, and my heart melted.

"I don't really like cafeterias, they're too crowded and chaotic. I was just gonna eat in the library or something."

"How about somewhere else that's less chaotic?" I asked. She looked confused, but I just smirked. I took her hand and led her down the hallway. There was a door that led to the roof that only a few people knew about.

"Wes, this is amazing. Like something from a movie," she said when we got outside. The roof of the building was like a huge balcony. I took her over to my favorite spot, a bench surrounded by plants. We sat down and she took a second to look around.

"Wes, why are you talking to me?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I know who you are, I know that you're popular. I just didn't think that popular people like new kids."

"I guess I'm not like most popular guys then." I shrugged.

"What's it like? Having so many people know your name when you're just a kid."

"Sometimes I don't even realize it. Like people didn't start asking about my parents until last year. Before that I just had a lot of friends because I was athletic so everyone thought I was cool. I don't really understand it, though. Why do you have to be athletic to be cool? Like I think it's crazy cool how people can build robots and stuff. Like it's crazy." She laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"At my old school, I won an award for a robot I built."

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"So you're like crazy smart, aren't you? That's so cool," I said making her blush.

"I've never met a guy like you, Wes."

"Is that good or bad?"

"It's great." She laughed.

Iris's P. O. V. *2 months later*

"Please don't embarrass me," Wes pleaded.

"Embarrass you?" I asked as if I was clueless.

"What?" Zach added.

"How could we ever do that?" Desiree asked joining in.

"Just act normal."

Wes was bringing a girl home to have dinner with us. He talked about her all the time and had the biggest crush on her. He hadn't got the guts to ask her out yet, but I knew it'd happen soon. I wanted to meet her though, so I invited her to dinner.

"Remind me of her name," Zach said looking up from Desi's homework that he was helping her with.

"Emersyn."

"How do you not know that Zach? He talks about her constantly." I chuckled, noticing Wes's super red cheeks. He'd gotten it from his dad.

The doorbell rang and Wes's eyes grew three times as wide. I laughed and slowly walked out of the kitchen following Wes to the front door. I stood at the end of the hallway, letting him greet her without me.

Wes took a deep breath before opening the door. There stood a beautiful young girl with a big smile on her face. She had brown hair that went to the middle of her back and brown eyes that had green and gold specks in them. She wore a loose maroon blouse, black jeans, and nude ankle boots.

"Hi Emersyn," he said nervously.

"Hey Wes." She smiled. He opened the door for her and she stepped in. Wes turned and gave her a hug before leading her over to me.

"Hello Mrs. Herron." She smiled.

"Please, call me Iris. It's nice to meet you, Emersyn."

"You too. I'm a big fan of your music."

"Thank you." I led them to the kitchen and Wes took her into the dining room where Zach and Desi were. I heard their introductions as I finished preparing the lasagne.

We all sat around the table, Zach and I across from Wes and Emersyn with Desi on one of the ends. We had small talk as we passed around the food.

"Are you in the athletics program like Wes is?" He had taken soccer up just like Zach when he was younger.

"No, I'd rather be in a classroom," she said making Wes chuckle softly.

"Emersyn's crazy smart."

"I'm really not."

"Oh right, didn't you tell us that she won that robotics award?"

"You told them?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm proud of you." He smiled.

"It's nothing compared to the trophies that Wes has."

They argued back and forth jokingly. It was so cute watching them together. They really liked each other.

"Desi maybe you could be like Emersyn and win an award for making a robot," I said.

"I don't like math, though."

"What do you like?" Emersyn asked.

"I like dressing up and walking down the hallway like a model." She smiled.

"You want to be a model?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"You'll be the prettiest model out there." Zach smiled. Desi blushed and looked down at her plate.

After dinner, Wes and Emersyn volunteered to clean up. Desi raced to the living room to pick out a movie for movie night, something we did every Friday. Zach went and plopped on the couch and I followed him, snuggling up next to him.

"Just like old times." He sighed.

"Zach you say that every time." I laughed.

"It's still true." He smiled. I smiled back at him and kissed his lips. I took his hand and pressed it against my stomach. His eyes went wide and he smiled brightly, feeling the kick of the baby.

"She'll be due any day," I told him. He just smiled looking deep into my love filled eyes. I grabbed his face and kissed him again, lasting longer than usual.

"Ew, gross!" Desi yelled. We just laughed as she stuck her tongue out.

Wes's P. O. V.

Emersyn and I gathered up all the dishes and took them to the sink.

"It's not so bad is it?" I asked.

"No, they're great." She smiled. I smiled back at her, bringing her in for a hug.

She stood at the sink and rinsed the dishes while I took a towel and dried them. We were almost done when Emersyn slipped and sprayed me with water.

"You didn't," I said.

"Oops?" She asked.

I smirked and took the spray bottle that happened to be sitting on the counter and started spraying her. She squealed and sprayed me back, starting a war. We were both laughing and spraying each other, we didn't even think about the floor getting slippery.

As she was chasing me she slipped. She grabbed onto my arm pulling me down with her. I stopped myself from crushing her and hovered over her on the kitchen floor. Just as I was about to lean in, my mom came rushing through the doorway.

"What happened in here?" She asked.

"The sprayer thing went crazy," I said hopping up and helping Emersyn up.

"Go get changed and I'll clean this up," she said pointing out of the kitchen.

"I'm really sorry," Emersyn said

"It's okay, just a little water," my mom assured her. I grabbed Emersyn's hand and took her into my room.

"Is your head okay?" I asked once my door was closed.

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Perfectly fine."

I dug through my drawers and found some sweatpants that were a little small on me and one of my soccer tshirts. I gave them to her and let her change in my bathroom. I changed into some basketball shorts and a T-shirt before fixing my dripping wet hair.

Emersyn walked out of my bathroom with her clothes in her hands. She looked so cute wearing my big clothes.

"What?" She asked, noticing I was staring.

"Huh? Oh nothing." I smiled sheepishly and took her hand leading her out to the living room.

The lights were off, the blankets were out, and the popcorn was ready to be eaten. Emersyn and I sat on the opposite side of the couch from my mom and dad. Desi was sitting in her princess bean bag chair. The movie started and I wasn't surprised when it was a Disney movie.

I wrapped my arm around Emersyn and she scooted closer, leaning her head on my shoulder.

                                     ***

"Thanks for dinner, tell Mrs. Herron it was amazing," Emersyn said to my dad as she hopped out of the car. I followed her to her door.

"Tonight was great." I smiled.

"Yeah, I really liked it. Maybe next time we could go to a movie without anyone else?"

"Definitely. Then there's no one stopping me from doing this." I put one hand on her cheek and pulled her hips closer with my other hand, putting my lips on hers. Her hands went around my neck, pulling at my hair. I pulled away and smiled at her.

"Goodnight," she said biting her lip.

"Goodnight." She walked into her house and I went back to the car with a smile on my face.

"Did you kiss her?" Dad asked. I nodded.

"Did you grab her face and kiss her?"

"Kinda." I shrugged, blushing.

"That's my boy," he said ruffling my hair. I laughed as he drove to our house.

                                   *****

A/n

Can we just take a second.... 100k reads??? JEEPERS NUTSACK!!!!! That's insane. And 261k on I Depend on You???? Literally I can't focus, that's beyond crazy. Thank you so so so much.

I hope you liked this bonus chapter. I haven't decided if I wanna do a third one or not. Don't forget to vote and comment!  Love you guys!!!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

164K 1.7K 45
imzachherron started following you. -finished 5/18 -wrote this when I was like twelve
268K 8.5K 30
❝ ᴍᴀᴇᴠᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ. ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. ❞ { ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ }
282K 9.9K 73
᎒ ੈ ✩ ‧₊ ᎒ ࿐ 🎱♥️ 𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘌 IN WHICH he becomes the person he doesn't want to be and realised the mistake he made, determined to...
83.4K 2.2K 33
(currently rewriting) THIS IS A SEQUEL TO NEVER MEANT TO FALL "I promise I'll wait for you."