The Boy: Brandon Dursely

Av KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Mer

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts

2.4K 115 26
Av KidOfTheAshes

A/N: so, uh... got really psyched up while doing homework. so much so that i had decided to add up to the book rather than doing homework.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

The Great Hall was jampacked, and the ever silent and composed Slytherin First Years all discussed in hushed murmurs.

"This is quite a bummer," Lancelot Brockenhurst says as he stuffed mashed potatoes in his mouth, "we haven't seen Bran for more than five minutes since the Holidays. When will he get back?"

"Probably never," Liannus Ammuray quipped. At the remark, Hermione Granger's eyes flashed towards the pessimistic boy.

"Don't say that, you git," Draco Malfoy says with a grimace, "or you'd suffer the wrath of Granger."

Amurray only shrugged. Hermione went back to her lunch, but felt a bit more down than before. Melinda Ariore silently ate, but her face says quite the opposite of being calm. Her beef was being stabbed to minced pieces.

"Stop murdering the cow, Miss Ariore. It is unbecoming of a Slytherin," Prefect Wellington admonished gently.

Melinda looked up, "Sorry, Prefect."

Helena smiled understandingly and promptly shushed the others as the Second Years next to her ate boisterusly.

Iann Verona carefully eyed the 'gang'. The Blinton Twins seemed subdued for the past few weeks. Perhaps out of the constant absence of Brandon Dursely, there was at least one set of troublemakers to cross out of the list. Sweet Merlin knows how much he and Helena needed a break from their patrol just to keep the Lower Years- especially the Blinton Twins- from loitering and making mischief around the Castle.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Harry carefully stepped out of the Floo, his bag of clothes in his hands and Sebastian close behind.

He drank in the sight of the Slytherin Common Room, and noticed that it was the time of the year where his father must have had instructed the house elves to change the tapestries and the setting of the Common Room.

The earthly colours were now changed into dark green, resembling the wall of vines with little flowers in one of Hogwarts' mini gardens. There was an addition of a few more books, and a new grandfather's clock was proudly glinting against the wall. There was a new portrait as well, one of the elder Slytherin Head of Houses was quietly snoring in his frame. Harry noted the absence of Queen Cassiopeia and was thankful to find a brand new one guarding the Slytherin caverns.

"Melusina," Harry whispered as he beholded the ethereal beauty of the Goddess. She had long, long hair that floated like the course of a river at bay. The moonlight in the tapestry added to the fantastical look of her as her back shone and her hair glinted against the light. She was, as expected, swimming and bathing ever so gracefully in the water, the hushed murmurs of the spring with which she was always associated adding to calming effect of the sight of her. Quietly, Harry revered the Water Nymph.

Looking around some more, Harry smiled at the sight of the fluffy cushions that were of midnight blue colour, and the ashen rugs that accented the effect of being in an elegant, comfortable place. The hearth was roaring with fire, and Harry noticed a few pictures of past and present Slytherins posted on one part of the room.

Near the stairs to the dorm, there were also a few trinkets and a column that had posted letters and notes. There were also snippets of poems, written by students or just some of their favourite lines.

Here was Harry's home away from home, and he got up to the stairs, delighted to see the name, 'Brandon Hadrian Snape' engraved on their dorm door, lined with Draco's, Theo's and Lancel's.

Harry pushed the door open, and saw that his part of the room was the same as before, but was surprised to have seen little gifts from his friends on his bed. 'Little sappy sods', Harry amusingly joked in his head.

He dropped his duffel bag on the bed, careful not to disturb the bunch of gifts and waved his wand, letting his things arrange themselves. Sebastian stretched under his bed and his Familiar yawned. Harry scratched Sebastian's ear and gave his Familiar a loving scruff of the fur.

"Getting settled?" It did not take a turn for Harry to have known that it was his father on the doorway.

Harry did not turn, but said, "Yes, Papa."

"They are currently having lunch in the Great Hall," his Papa supplied, "I think Brockenhurst might have been bored without a conspirator."

Harry snickered, "Lancel must have had to endure Liannus, then."

Snape answered with a grunt, "Will you give your robes and tie, Harry?"

Harry whirled, "What for?"

"I'll spell your name on them," Severus approached his son and waved a wand at all the boy's belongings. Harry gasped at the display of magic, then said seriously, "You have got to teach me that some time."

Snape smirked down at the boy and ruffled his hair affectionately, "We shall see about that. I think returning things are enough for now."

Harry was dismayed, but shrugged, "You know I could just--"

Severus gave his son a stern look, "Should I learn that you take that bloody Cloak out even for a second, you shall have a sorry hide for a weekend, brat."

Harry laughed and said nonchantly, "What you don't know won't hurt you, right?"

Again, Snape grunted. Harry slipped on his school robes, clipped the barely noticeable Prince Crest brooch on his inner shirt, which was provided by the Ministry, and took out his satchel. Severus gave a moment to study his son, then nodded in approval at Harry's appearance.

"Come on, now, Papa. I think our prescence has not graced the Great Hall for a while," Harry announced with a skip on his steo. Severus arched an eyebrow, but followed his son out the door and through the Great Hall, putting on his 'dungeon bat' mask and glared at the students who came across their way.

The moment they entered the Great Hall (which sported a fine weather for the time being), the rest of the school stopped, all eyes on their Potions Professor and Harry. Harry gave them all a smirk, and approached the Slytherin Table.

Lancel, the Twins, Liannus, Freyda, Melinda, Draco, Hermione and all of the Slytherin First Years were gobsmacked as they looked at Harry.

"What?" Harry says jokingly, mock surprised, "Do I have dirt on my face?"

At the remark, Liannus laughed, then Lancel did and soon, the rest of the Slytherin Table laughed, and each gave Harry a tap on the shoulder, a hug, or a high five. Soon, the rest of the other Houses went back to their businesses and the Great Hall returned to its former ruckus vibe.

"Quite a celebrity, this one," Peter stated with a wolfish grin on his face, "How are you, Mister Defeater of Turbanned Quirrel?"

Harry looked at the Twins with surprise.

Patrianne shrugged, "We know that it was you, you know. You had quite an effect on us all here."

"What do you mean, effect?" Harry queried, curious.

"We noticed that no matter where we go, your Magic seem to make itself known along with ours. I think the Wizarding Adults call it, 'Kapatiran', the sense of camaderie and brotherhood anchored by a Giver of Magic to his friends. Seems like you are bound to us, as we are bound to you," Hermione explained.

At her voice, Harry jumped, "'Mione!"

"Hullo, Bran," she said shyly, tucking a loose hair on her ear, "I've- We've all missed you."

Harry flushed, "I missed you, too."

His friends gave each other a knowing look. Harry blushed even more, "I mean, well, I missed all of you."

Liannus only snorted, "Yeah, weirdo. Don't we know better. Do come and eat. We have Charms in an hour or so."

Harry grinned at his friends, then took his customary seat between Hermione and Theodore. Slipping his left hand under the table and entwining it with Hermione's, Harry smiled a true smile. He looked around him and saw familiar faces and a familiar place where he felt he would always belong.

"Welcome home, Brandon," Hermione whispered. Harry grabbed his fork, and ate a slice of his beef,while his mind echoed, 'Home.'

♠♠♠♠♠

"Your son seems to have taken on our Miss Granger," Minerva commented as she took a sip off her goblet, "and she seems to reciprocate it."

Severus eyed his son and Granger at the remark. Deep inside, he knew that at some point Harry would find his beloved, but Snape would be damned if his son would be in a relationship at eleven, "Do not insinuate something else from a harmless young friendship, Minerva."

"Afraid he'll grow up so soon, Severus?" Minerva continued to tease.

'Yes, you blasted old senile woman, yes!' Severus wanted to answer desperately, but he gritted his teeth, "No. Just that I want him to enjoy his youth while he can, you old lewd furball."

Minerva laughed at that, making the rest of the teachers look at them. Albus even gave a fake cough, as if hiding his laughter at Snape's remark.

Then, Albus started to stand and Minerva dutifully clanked her knife on her goblet. This caught the students' attention almost immediately, "Before we are to end our lunch, I believe it is my pleasure and an honour to introduce a new parent in our faculty."

As expected, the little brats started to discuss, and soon, a murmur of speculations reverbalerated against the Hall, "Now, now. Do keep quiet, young ones," Albus chided, "Please stand, Professor Snape."

At this, the blasted 'young ones' started to clamour even more. Despite being the people's apple of the eye, which Severus hated, it was rewarding to see their jawlines drop at the mention of his name. Even if the whispers were hushed and the words incomprehensible, Severus could almost decipher their comments by the look on their faces.

Who would have the capacity to stomach being Snape's child? That kid must be crazy! Blah, blah and BLAH.

Let them speculate- Snape could care less. Whatever these pampered brats might be thinking, Snape did not give an inkling of interest. They are just children; they wouldn't understand. It was a matter that was between him and Harry.

Severus eyed his boy from afar. Harry had the most Slytherin of smiles as he continued talking and pretending to guess along with the crowd. The Slytherin table was altogether a different matter, as most simply resorted to shrugging and just talking as if nothing was happening, nor was it much of a surprise. He saw Harry's friends laughing at some point- Draco's shoulder's were shaking. The Gra- Hermione only gave Harry one of those knowing looks.

Harry must have already told her and their little group, Severus noted. Told or not, Snape knew he and Harrh couldn't keep it a secret forever. At least, Harry did not have to pretend in front of his friends. While most of the children's parents had been Death Eaters or were accused to be prior supporters of the Dark Lord, Snape approved of Harry's choice of friends. Many of them had only been rumours, after all, and Snape knew all the Death Eaters himself. The children's parents weren't members- Snape could attest to that, being a Death Eater himself. They only happened to have had the general 'criteria' for being a Death Eater: one, they were Slytherins, and the second and the most important, they were Slytherins.

"Please," it was Dumbledore again, "compose yourselves. This is merely a manner of acceptance for Professor Snape's decision," at the words the Hall's ruckus slowly died, and his Mentor turned to him, Albus' blue eyes twinkling like silverwave behind the half moon spectacles, "Thank you, and congratulations, Professor Snape. I give you and the child my blessing," Albus said while giving Severus a tap on the shoulder. At the Headmaster's display of generousity and understanding, Severus puffed his chest like a proud mother hen, returning the gesture with a nod.

"I appreciate your acceptance, Headmaster," Severus answered politely. At this, the other faculty members clapped their hands and all gave Severus either a nod, a smile or a 'congratulations'. Severus sat down again. He knew the students will talk, children as they all were, but who cares, anyway? He had a son, and they both got the best thing that tops even chocolate: a family. That's what matters.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Harry snorted as Draco told a rather funny story of his head having been stuck in one of the Weasely Twins' prank 'walls'. He could only imagine how undignified Draco felt, but at least, they all got a good laugh from it. They were currently in one of the corners of the Slytherin Common Room. The rest of his friends were filling up the days which Harry had missed while recovering with tales that were either outrageous or just plain silly. Harry didn't mind; he missed them, after all.

"You should totally meet them, Bran," Lancel encouraged, "they are just as sneaky as Slytherins! That, and they don't mind being seen with us."

Harry nodded eagerly. It was good to have as much friends as possible, "Maybe I should. I think that I would learn a trick or two from them."

Draco's face contorted a bit, "Oh please, you don't mean that!"

"Well, sorry, Draco. I do mean it!" Harry laughed, teasing Draco.

"I do not like that in the least," he heard Draco grumble.

"Oh, by the way," it was Liannus, who was stretching on one of the longer sofas, hands crossed behind his head, "how's Snape for a dad, Mister Brandon Hadrian Snape?"

Harry blushed, and only gave his friends an impish smile, "He's the best! He's got a great house, a great lab, and he's a great Father. Though he's strict and a downright disciplinarian."

"Hmm," Liannus hummed with a shrug, "better you than me, Dursely."

Harry's eyebrow arched, "It's Snape."

Hermione laughed softly, barely able to hide her giggle, "That is a very Snape-like look there."

The rest of his friends laughed, causing Harry to glare at them. They laughed some more, making Harry sigh, feeling resigned.

"Too Snape-like. Well, Snape it is, Brandon Hadrian Snape," Lancel says as they laughed, "just don't glare at us like that. It gives me the chills, like I'm in Potions class, which reminds me: do you think the student body will mind? I don't want you to be part of stupid rumours, Bran," Lancel says, concerned.

Harry shrugged yet again, "I don't mind. People will always talk anyway. What matters to me is that you guys are still my friends, and that you don't mind."

"Well," it was Hermione, "I don't care if is it is the Dark Lord that is yoir Dad, Harry--," realising her slip, Hermione looked at Harry, who was smiling slightly.

"You don't mind, do you?" Hermione asked.

Harry gave her a small squeeze of reassurance as he entwined his hands with hers, "No. In fact, I prefer Harry over Bran. Bran is Welsh- I think- for crow. I don't mind Bran, but I think Harry's also a great name to have."

Hermione brightened up at that.

"All right, all right, stop being so mushy with your girlfriend, Snape," Peter Blinton said, earning him a smack at the back of his head from Pat. Peter turned to his twin with a glare, "What was that for?!"

Pat only flipped her hair at him, "For being such an idiot."

"Wha--"

"Hey," one of the Upper Years called to them. They all turned towards the fifth year, who said, "It's almost your curfew."

Pat gasped, "Oh! I'm sorry. We've got to head back, now. Thank you for reminding us, Heaver!"

The Fifth Year waved it off, shooing them, but not before nodding towards Harry and saying, "I think the Professor needs someone. Congratulations, Snape."

Harry's eyes widened at the acknowledgement. Was this what it was with being Slytherin? Dumbfounded, he only gave a genuine thanks and hurried towards their dorm, changed into one of his pajamas (with B. H. Snape stitched on the garter) and happily noxed the lights as he drew the curtain around him. They all gave each other a good night as they dove within their covers.

Just before Harry fell asleep however, he smiled, remembering the way his House welcomed his being the Son of Snape. With fond thoughts, Harry's last thoughts were of being how thankful he was for being in Slytherin and for his Father. In his heart of hearts, Harry silently wished his Father a good night.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

297K 3.7K 22
Clarissa was homeschooled by her adoptive parents before coming to Hogwarts for her final year. There was no hesitation putting her in Slytherin and...
6.2K 263 23
Severus Snape has had a terrible childhood. What happens when he discovers that he is not an only child and that he actually has an older sister whom...
358K 7.8K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
431 4 9
Jason Dursley had been living a fine life with his adoptive parents until his accidental magic made his mother remember her own sister whom she could...