Our Last Hope [RIREN]

By MyLoveEren

The world of betas and alphas has been at ruins for 40 years because of a deadly virus. Nearly everything was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

Chapter 13

10.9K 424 534
By MyLoveEren

The moon was bright, contrasting against the dark night sky that twinkled with millions and millions of stars. The air was cool and crisp, brushing gently against the omega's bare legs as he was surrounded by the silence of the empty, dead world.

Eren sat at the edge of the store roof, legs dangling and gazing down blankly, distantly, at the inked numbers and letters engraved into his golden skin, just below the palm of his right hand.

Just looking at the ink tattooed onto his skin brought back unwanted, dark memories from his past. All the stress, pain and expectancy he had to go through--- just to get a praise or approval from his father. Something he merely wanted all his life down in the facility. But luck was never on his side. He was prodded at and thrown around like a rag doll, merely for the interest of the curious scientists.

It came every so often. The flashes. The images. The memories. Like a scattered puzzle waiting to be put back together by the right person. To finally connect and become one whole. To make absolute sense. To reveal the truth behind everything. What went wrong? Who was he? Why did his father do the things he did? When and how did it come to this?

He could go on forever with countless of unanswered questions plowing through his mind like a hammer. Pounding into his head until all he could think of was why. Why this, why that---

You will be the saviour of our once fallen world.

The elderly lady's soft voice drifted in his head like a petal dancing among the wind. Her sincere words repeating itself over and over until one particular word stuck out to him.

Savior.

Perhaps that was what he is. At least, in everyone else's perspective. To them he was an unstoppable machine. A shield to protect them from danger. A god for them to worship and pray. A hero to relieve them of their darkness and burdens.

But even then, all heroes had a weakness.

The sound of quiet shuffling brought him out of his stupor and the familiar adicting, musky scent invaded his senses causing his inner omega to perk in excitement. Blinking several times, Eren looked up to see Levi looming over him before the raven took a seat next to him, letting out a soft sigh afterwards.

Feeling eyes on him, Levi turned his head to meet Eren's unwavering gaze. His brow rose in question, "What?"

Eren stared for several more seconds before shaking his head slightly, pink lips twitching at the corners. He turned back to face forward casting his gaze up at the bright moon that stared them down.

They sat in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the feel of the cool wind brushing against them. Strands of hair coming undone and falling in their faces as it would pick up slightly. At some point Levi pulled out a cigar, lighting it before placing it in his mouth. If it were anyone else, Eren would have snapped at them for smoking such a foul smelling stick before snatching it away and stomping it to death.

Levi blew out the smoke after awhile, holding the cigar between his callous fingers as Eren finally asked, "Aren't you supposed to be asleep like everyone else?"

Levi hummed, and responded nonchalantly, leaning back on one hand. "I don't sleep much. It's not like I need it anyway."

Eren let out a small 'oh' and they fell into a comfortable silence again only for Levi to break it by speaking up, "How long have you been traveling, brat?" Although his voice was devoid of any emotion, Eren could detect the small hint of curiosity in it. Years of hiding his own emotions did well detect what others were feeling.

Eren ignored the annoying name and replied back, not once breaking his unwavering stare from the sky. "I'm not a brat and long enough. That's all you need to know,"

"Tsk," Levi clicked his tongue, cocking his head to the side. The movement causing his bangs to brush over his stormy blue eyes which shifted to look at Eren. "That wasn't the answer I was exactly looking for, but since you're a stubborn one guess it'll have to do." Levi scoffed and placed the cigar back to his lips, once knowing he won't get a clear answer from the omega.

Eren snorted and grinned, rolling his eyes. "Oh, you know me so well, don't you?" he glanced at the alpha from the side of his eye, long lashes lowering a bit. He shifted to lean back on both hands. The movement unknowingly causing his shirt to ride up his smooth belly slightly.

He was fast enough to catch Levi's eyes dart to his exposed skin before snapping back up. This caused Eren to grin in confidence and mischievousness. Time for a little payback, Eren snickered internally, eyes glowing a wicked neon green.

He leaned back a bit more, biting his lower plump lip and letting out a moan of content as he stretched his legs, the moonlight bouncing off his perfectly smooth golden skin as he did so. He let his head loll to the side exposing the unblemished neck of his, that Eren knew would taunt Levi's inner alpha.

"The air feels so good, right Levi?" Eren practically purred the name, looking at the alpha from under batting thick lashes and with pouty red lips.

He watched in internal glee and satisfaction as Levi stiffened in place, the alpha's muscles tense as the cigar in between his fingers was crushed in his fist, veins bulging along the thick defined arm, the burning pain not bothering the raven at all. Eren watched the smoke emit from Levi's clenched fist as the raven growled his name in a breathless warning.

But Eren merely paid no heed to the warning and continued his mockery and taunting actions to further drive the alpha insane. Knowing full damn well that the raven would snap any second. Not a single alpha on this planet could resist his tempting, seducing looks.

"Yes, Levi?" Eren batted his eyes, lifting his hand and letting it slide up his inner thigh, giving his back a little arch--- wanting to laugh at the way Levi's darkened eyes hungrily followed the movement. It wasn't until he was spreading his legs, slowly licking his plump glistening lips and lifting up his shirt that Levi finally snapped with a wild snarl.

In a blur, the alpha had him pinned under him, his heavy weight roughly pressing Eren against the cement roof and trapping him on spot. He was breathing heavily, muscles painfully tense as he gripped harshly onto Eren's slender shoulders. "E...Eren," he panted, sharp extended fangs flashing under the moonlight.

Eren let out a sinful, light giggle and bumped his thighs against Levi's hips, rolling his hips slightly and causing the alpha to groan deeply above him. "Levi, you naughty alpha." He murmured lightly and reached up to cup the alpha's pale cheeks. Eren's lidded gaze locked with Levi's, the omega's minty breath washing over Levi's and clouding his mind---

Smack!

A stinging pain erupted on Levi's cheek and he blinked in shock, finding himself not over Eren anymore. Instead Eren was standing, hands on the hilt of his blades, back to him.

Levi furrowed his brows in growing anger, hand clutching at his red cheek that no doubt had a hand print and teeth gritting tightly as he hissed threateningly, eyes flashing menacingly, "You little bi---"

Eren threw a haughty smirk over his shoulder, the moonlight casting a beautiful bluish angelic glow to his form and the wind brushing strands of hair against his blushing cheek as he merely said with a wink, "Bad alpha," and jumped off the roof.

The anger Levi had been previously feeling suddenly dispersed and he felt eagerness and adrenaline burst through his veins as his lips twitched from the corners. Eyes gleaming with interest and hidden excitement.
His inner alpha paced excitedly, eager to start the game with the enticing beautiful omega.

The chase was on.

~{ ◇ }~

Eren dashed down the dark street, his silent steps as light as a feather against the ground as he turned corners, and moved further and further away. He heard faint footsteps approaching and briefly glanced over his shoulder to see Levi not far behind him, the alphas gaze locked solely on him.

A smirk tugged at his lips and Eren turned to face forward again, this time taking a sharp turn to the right and coming to an abrupt halt. It was a dead end. But what lie ahead of him was not only a dead end, but a horde of snarling titans that had now noticed his presence and were turning his way.

Eren only grinned and reached over his shoulders to draw both his swords. Shiiink! The sound of steel unsheathing echoed throughout the air along with the growls and shuffling of the titans that were now only several feet away, reaching their bony and decayed arms out to him.

He held both weapons at his side, gripping the leather handle firmly in his clutches as the moon and night sky reflected off the steel blades. Then he charged forward with such intense speed his form was nothing but a confusing blur.

The first titan that lunged at him was roughly kicked down, Eren's blade ripping through their neck before they could even hit the groud, blood spraying across the brick walls of the alley. Another titan reached for him but he brought his sword down effectively cutting off it's hand and he watched it snarl and try to swipe at him with it's other arm but it's efforts were in vain as Eren rammed his blade into it's head, a crunch following after along with a thump as the body crumpled to the floor. More began to approach him from all around but that was not what grabbed Eren's attention.

Footsteps approached, and Eren looked over his shoulder, spotting Levi at the entrance with a rifle in hand. His attention was stolen again as a titan tried to lunge at him but Eren was quick to dodge it's snapping, rotting teeth. He brought his knee up and kneed it roughly in the gut, forcing it back with a powerful shove. He brought his arm up and swung sideways, effectively slicing off the head of the titan. He heard low growling, and chanced a curious sideway look to see Levi fighting against three titans, an irritated look gracing his face as he slammed the end of his rifle into the head of a titan before flipping out his dagger and kicking at another. He plunged his blade deep into it's neck as it gurgled loudly before the alpha locked eyes with Eren.

Quickly, Eren shoved through the rest of the snarling, dead horde of titans before jumping onto the lid of a large dumpster. His eyes landed on a nearby old, rusty pipe leading up to the roof of the three story building and he was quick to act. With swift and deft moves, Eren was climbing his way up the pipe, leaving behind a small group of groaning titans clawing upward for him, their perishing fingers and black, bloody nails scraping against the filthy brick walls.

Finally, once at the top, Eren searched his surroundings, green eyes glowing vibrantly in the night as they darted left and right. There, across from him was another roof top, about the same height as the one he is currently on. There was a wide gap separating the two buildings; an alley. He could make it if he ran but he'd have to jump at the perfect timing if he wanted to avoid being splattered on the ground. Years of roof jumping, and climbing did pay off off.

Sounds of thumps and grunts reached Eren's ear, along with scraping metal and he didn't have to look behind him to know Levi was there. The alpha was quick, immensely so, and Eren admired that. But would be quick enough to catch him? He's caught up to him now, but Eren was faster and more agile. Deft and light, whereas Levi was layered with thick muscle that would surely slow him down slightly.

"I'm impressed," Eren hummed, and sheathed his swords back into their respectful place over his shoulder. He brushed a strand of chocolate lock from his face that had been curling over his cheek, before whirling around to stare Levi in the eyes.

The alpha's clothes somehow managed to stay neat and clean despite all the blood shed he was committing not even five minutes ago. The fringe of his dark hair fell like a curtain over smoldering, dark blue eyes that were nearly pitch black. Only a ring of night blue rested on the outer blown pupils. Levi's dark brow lifted, before pale lips parted to speak, "You're not bad yourself," his voice dropped into something husky, "Eren,"

The omega's lips twitched, refusing to show how that tone sent a shiver of pleasure down his spine, and he let go of the smirk he'd been holding back. Plump lips stretched into a wicked grin. "You've caught me now alpha," His lids lowered, and a pink tongue darted out to lick his lower lip. "You probably want your reward now, hm?" He giggled and stalked forward slowly, like a predator with it's prey.

His vibrant green eyes shifted to a bright gold with just a few specks of green littering around the iris. His hips swayed sensually and temptingly, grabbing the alpha's attention as the omega continued to prowl towards him. The alpha unable to move or tear his eyes away from such an alluring sight that was beginning to stir a hot feeling in him.  

Eren stopped just before him, not even leaving a centimeter of space between them. He could feel the omega's soft, warm belly pressing ever so gently against his hard, and firm abs. It was driving him insane. His mind was unwillingly drifting to darker and much lewder thoughts. He couldn't help it. Not when Eren's minty breath washed over his lips, pink lips parted and glistening. Thick lashes fluttering against blushing cheeks. He grit his teeth, and stiffened when slender arms wrapped around his neck, fingers massaging into his scalp and forcing him to go lax.

"Such a good alpha," Murmured Eren softly, yet quietly. His fingers pressing into Levi's scalp and slowly rubbing soothing circles. His hooded eyes gazed up into Levi's as he pressed himself closer against the alpha's rock hard, muscled body. Lips twitching, he leaned up to whisper into the raven's ear---

"Does it feel good, Levi?" He whispered hotly as he continued to massage Levi's scalp, satisfaction swelling in him when he began to hear Levi unknowingly purr. Until he abruptly pulled away, leaving a cold presence behind.

Levi's eyes shot open-- not even realizing he had them closed-- and a small growl vibrated from within his chest. Irritated from having the warmth snatched away so suddenly and quickly. Why had he stopped? "Eren," Levi grit out breathlessly, snappily. "What the hell are you doing?"

He didn't know what happened but all he remembered was being hypnotized by Eren and then suddenly feeling this calm, soothing pleasure that made him melt into Eren's deft hands, forgetting all his worries and the world around him. Only focussing on the flowery scent of jasmine and white tea aloe. He wouldn't admit it aloud but he'd be damned if he didn't enjoy that.

Eren merely waved at him, and turned on his heel, jutting out a hip and placing his hand on it. "We still need to head back, y'know." Eren said and threw an unimpressed look at Levi over his shoulder before turning back around and walking forward, towards the edge of the roof. He jumped off without any hesitation. Levi was left behind in shock and all he could think of was--

What the fuck?

~{◇}~

When Eren arrived back he headed straight inside where the others were sleeping peacefully in their sleeping bags, the makeshift fire providing them warmth. Mikasa was curled closer to the fire, the orange glow reflecting off her silk raven fur and giving it a red hue. She perked up when she sensed Eren's silent but light footsteps. He was an expert when it came to stealth, and seeing as Mikasa was the first to notice him surprised him.

He reached her, and took a seat on the floor next to her, legs pulled up to his chest. He reached out a slender hand and began to pet her gently and lovingly as she nosed at his bare thigh. Eren smiled. "You should get some rest Mika," He chuckled.

Mikasa gave a small huff as if in protest. This pulled a laugh from Eren who had to cover his mouth so as not to wake the others. He muffled his giggles before pulling his hand away, and scratching Mikasa behind the ear. "Bad girl." He scolded teasingly. "Go to sleep," he said quietly, pulling her head into his lap so that he could run his fingers through her soft fur.

Once Mikasa fell asleep, content to be in Eren's warm lap, Eren was left to gaze into the crackling fire, absorbed in his mind.

A loud snore resonated throughout the room, nearly startling Eren as he snapped out of his daze. He glanced to the side to see Hanji sprawled out across the floor, similar to a starfish. He snorted and shook his head. He went back to petting Mikasa's fur, and before he knew it, he was already drifting off to his world of dreams.

~{◇}~

Eren lay on something soft and warm, content and sleepy. He nuzzled into it and sighed softly. He could hear shuffling and voices, familiar ones, and if he wasn't jumping to his feet reflexively, then he was in no danger and that seemed to make him even more content for he burried his face into that warmth and softness he was lying against, unaware if it shifting.

When he did come to, eyes slowly blinking open with drowsiness he nearly jumped ten feet in the air at the creepily smiling, wide eyed Hanji currently a few centimeters from his face.

"Hanji!" Eren shouted, trying to calm his racing heart at nearly having a heart attack. He was surprised his reflexes hadn't gone off and punched her in the face. Guess his weariness of others were wearing off.

"You're so cute when you sleep, Eren." Was all Hanji said, still smiling and unmoving. She stayed where she was and up close Eren could see the slight drool seeping out of the corner of her mouth.

Gross, Eren internally groaned.

He glanced down to see he had been sleeping against Mikasa, who in turn had been protectively curled around him while he slept. She lifted her head up, and gave one long lick against Eren's cheek making him giggle lightly. He gave her a pat on the head before standing up and stretching.

"I've noticed you let your guard down while you slept," Hanji stated, tapping her chin in thought. "I assume it's because you've gotten so used to us and have trust in your friends that you were willing to put your life in their hands while you slept, correct?" She looked to him for confirmation, hands clasped together.

Eren didn't hesitate to answer. "Yes," he simply said and Hanji squealed so loudly she drew Farlan in. He smiled and perked up when he saw Eren awake and quickly rushed over to greet him a good morning, Eren doing the same in return with a smile of his own.

"We didn't want to wake you when we saw you were asleep," Farlan chuckled and shifted from one foot to the next, a red blush adorning his cheeks as he said, "You looked peaceful. . . Like you needed the rest."

Hanji snorted and waved her hand. "We all know what that means Farlan dear," She smirked. "He means you look cute when you sleep, he was literally staring at you while you were passed out!"

"Hanji!" Farlan squawked, his face turning red in embarrassment as Eren laughed heartedly.

Hanji sighed and put a hand to her forehead as if she were a mother tired of her squabbling kids. "Seriously does everyone want a piece of that ass?" She thought with tap to her chin, hand on her hip.

"It's alright, Sandman," Eren grinned, reaching up to pat Farlan on his head while the alpha sulked quietly. He giggled again and stiffened when a deadly aura appeared beside him.

"Oi," Levi growled, and he did not sound happy. "You shits done, already? We need to get going." He said in irritation, a hint of anger in his voice. Eren blinked as Farlan gave a nod. Levi gave a brief, sideways glance at Eren before ordering, "Then hurry up and get in the truck."

"Sir yes sir!" Hanji cackled and scrambled away to get in the truck that was already awaiting for her. Farlan and Eren followed after Levi, chatting idly and conversing with one another. Eren could still feel the deadly yet annoyed aura emitting from Levi.

Mikasa gave a bark before running past Eren and Farlan to hop onto the back with all the rest of the supplies.

"Morning, Eren!" A voice called out and Eren looked over to see Isabel hanging out of the window of the truck, waving cheerfully at him with a wide bright grin of her own. He smiled and waved back.

"Isabel!" Farlan shouted, "Stop hanging from there! You'll fall out!" He yelled and sure enough Isabel lost her grip and fell out the window with a loud "oompf!". Hanji could be heard cackling inside the truck. Though Eren was pretty sure it was Farlan's fault for startling her so suddenly with his shouting.

Finally, when everyone had gotten inside their respective trucks, they were set to go. The two trucks began yo slowly peel away from their parked space before speeding down the road and out of the small town.

Eren studied the map in front of him and frowned in disapprovement.  "That's not right," He muttered irritatedly.

Farlan leaned over to look curiously, raising a brow in question. "What's wrong?"

Eren shook his head. "I just remembered the east side road was blocked. During the downfall many people used that road to escape town. There'll be too many vehicles in the way and pushing them would take too much time, but it was our only short cut."

Farlan thought for a moment before pointing to a spot on the map. "Then what about here? Why don't we just go through this town?"

"I usually avoid towns," Eren mumured. "If you don't know your way through there, it's no point in going. You'll only get lost. Or worse."

"It's our only way," Levi spoke up for the first time since they got into the truck.

Eren turned to him with a frown. "What? We can't go there, we don't know what could be there!" He hissed.

"Tch, if the short cut is blocked like you said then we'll have no choice but to go into town. We can't waste much time,"

"We are gonna waste more time, Levi----!"

"Eren," Farlan cut in, he patted the omega's shoulder and smiled at him when he turned to face Farlan. "It's alright, we'll get through this town together. Okay?" He said gently.

Eren nodded numbly and shifted in his seat. He didn't like the apprehension that began to settle in, and the pit of cold dread filling his stomach. "Okay," He said.

They drove for the next few minutes until they came upon a highway littered with few rusted cars here and there. The highway lead straight into the city, not a town as they'd thought, with big dark buildings still standing.

Eren huffed and rubbed the back of his neck as Levi drove the car in, Hanji following along with her own truck. As they crept slowly, driving around large chunks of rocks or vehicles, Eren kept shifting uncomfortably in his seat. He was on alert, eyes glowing wickedly as they darted from side to side, taking in everything and looking for signs of movement. He was tense, and he knew to trust his gut. This place was not to be trusted--- tall buildings meant hiding places, and hiding places meant titans or looters.

"I don't like it here," Eren mumbled.

It was deadly quiet. 

They drove around an eighteen-wheeler truck, driving slowly so as not to scrape against it until----

Eren gasped and shouted, "Look out!"

A building close by, that had look to been on the verge of collapsing, suddenly began to crumble down, forcing Levi to speed forward, and Hanji to reverse several yards to avoid being crushed by the boulders. They managed to get out the way just in time as the last few pieces of building piled up on eachother.

"Shit!" Levi growled, looking back at the large pile of stone and bricks. They were separated.

Eren began shouting. "I knew we should've never came here! But did you listen to me? No!"

"Eren, shut the fuck up!" Levi hissed,

"Fuck you, asshole!"

"Guys! Stop it!" Farlan snapped, rubbing his temples.

Levi sighed. "Hanji and the rest will have to find another way around."

Farlan nodded and looked over his shoulder. "I agree, we should keep moving for now. It'll do no good for us to stay here, someone was bound to hear it and it's possible the noise could've attracted titans."

Just as Levi was began to set his hand on the wheel, Eren set a hand on his wrist immediately seizing him.

"No wait, something's wrong. . . " He said in a low cautious voice, he turned to Levi slowly, eyeing something behind him. 

Levi felt his eye twitch, unaware of the position he was in. He just wanted to get the hell out of this creepy ass city and Mikasa's growling wasn't helping. "Eren we don't---"

Eren suddenly tensed, yelling, "Get down!" But Levi and Farlan had been too late. A silver, slightly rusted can was thrown into the truck through the open window and landed on the dashboard. They had no time to react before it exploded and smoke filled the truck, along with an immense foul smell that had them feeling lightheaded.

The doors on either side were yanked open, and men in dark, leathery clothes and gas masks forcibly grabbed the dazed alpha's and threw them onto the ground.

Eren, who had his head between his arms quickly shot up and tried to escape, only to be grabbed around the waist and dragged out of the truck by one of the men. He could hear Mikasa's snarls and barks along with grunts before her piercing pain-filled whines filled the air.

"Leave her alone!" Eren snarled furiously but a glove hand clamped over his mouth, muffling his shouts. Then a sting of pain in his neck and his body suddenly burst with sluggishness and heaviness. He went limp, vision going blurry and the last clear thing he saw before passing out was Farlan and Levi being dragged away.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

:o i'm back would you look at that? Heheh 😅 after 2 months wowzie 😨

Honestly I'm so sorry, but I hoped ya'll liked this chapter? I tried to add Riren moments like I said.

I'm gonna try to be active from now on !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 76 14
This is a short omega verse ereri story. If you thought I ended it too soon lemme know in the comments but for now that's all I have for it. I can't...
683 34 12
Levi is an omega that is constantly in danger so one day when he is running from an alpha he bumps into another alpha the one and only Eren Jaeger wh...
3.9K 119 16
THERE ARE MISTAKES IN THIS BECAUSE I CAN'T WRITE :) I'M SORRY :} JUST IGNORE THEM :) I'M STUPID - ///// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A boy named Eren is a...
1.3K 91 30
Eren Yeager freed himself from his abusive father. In doing so he nacame a true alpha. Now he is with his once infamous beta pack where he has found...