The Street Racer

By nunehzakarian

Emma Golding doesn't like the fact of being in love in high school. She thinks all boys are immature and anno... More

The Street Racer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 22
Epilouge

Chapter 18

4.1K 123 5
By nunehzakarian

Two weeks has passed. It was near the end of March and I've been feeling anxious lately. There was only a week till' the race in Italy and I was worried sick.

I was thinking of what could happen during the race. I did not want Adam getting hurt or any of the guys for that matter.

Adam has been training real hard these days. So hard that I barley get to see him, only at school. Blake and Adam still seem to be doing fine and I was relieved by that.

Nick's been hanging out with the boys a lot. Working on a car for Adam that he will use at the race. Apparently, Nick was really good with painting cars so him and the boys have been working on that.

I sighed, shutting my eyes tightly. I hate how I over think so much. I never asked to be involved in this. But I am because I'm in love with someone. I'm in love with Adam, the bad boy, the street racer.

I smiled thinking of how crazy that sounded. Im in love with a bad boy, wow. I always expected falling in love with someone the total opposite of Adam.

But, I didn't and I don't regret it.

I will never regret the day I fell in love with Adam.

I walked into the kitchen and found my mom sitting on the kitchen stool. I finally took this as a chance to ask about what was going on.

"Afternoon mom." My mom's eyes went wide but she quickly recovered and gave me a smile.

"Afternoon honey, I thought you were going out with your brother," she said. I smiled and said, "Oh no, Blake left I'm just going later."

Her mouth formed into an "o" and she smiled at me. Silence filled the room and the tension was clear in the air.

"How come I never knew about James?" I asked. James was my soon to be father. We spoke a couple of times but mostly when Blake was around. If he wasn't then it seemed that we didn't know what to speak about.

My mother sighed and looked up at me.

"I know I've been ignoring you and I'm sorry honey. I know this was all a shock to you but it's really going to happen. I'm going to marry James and we are all going to be a family," she said in a matter of fact tone.

"Okay sure marry the guy mom but why did I never know about him. I mean you left me home alone to meet with him and the whole time I thought you were at some business trip," I said.

"The reason I never told you was because I was scared. I was scared you didn't want a new family or a new dad. I mean after your dad walked out on us I didn't think you would ever accept to have a new father or a new family."

My stomach churned at the word of my father. When I was 10 years old my dad decided it would be nice to walk out on us and never come back. That year he left, my mother had been depressed and to lazy to do anything. I had to become mature at a young age and I knew I had to take care of my mother. So i did. I cooked for her, made her smile, made her see what life is really worth living for. I guess I understood why she didn't tell me because that year I also started hating love. I didn't believe in such nonsense.

I would get angry every time I saw a child with their father all happy. But deep down I was really sad. Upset knowing that I didn't have a father anymore. I just couldn't trust anyone after that. I looked down and starred at my feet. I suddenly felt guilty for making her think that I never wanted a family. I did want one I just didn't think we would ever have one again.

"I'm sorry mom. I never knew I was making you feel this way. I want you to know that I don't mind you getting married and that I'm truly happy for you. I was just upset that you lied to me and kept it away from me."

My mother smiled at me and reached out to hug me. I hugged her back and held her tightly. I missed my mothers warm hugs. They always made me feel better.

.

.

.

.

I parked my car when i reached the alley. Since Adam's been busy seeing him training was probably the most time I actually got to be with him.

As I walked in something caught my eye. Blake and Adam seem to be in a heated discussion. They were whispering but you could tell they were angry by the way their fists were clenched and their faces were red as a tomato.

I immediately speed walked walked towards them. As I got closer I could here their faint voices.

"She can't come!" Adam said.

"What do you mean she can't come are you cra-" Blake started but was cut off by Adam.

"Listen you don't know what Asher is capable of doing she can die-"

"What is going on here?" I asked, confused about the whole situation. They boys stopped and turned to me. I gave them a questioning look but they both stayed quiet. I frowned, wondering what was going on.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" I asked again, this time feeling annoyed. Adam grabbed my elbow gently and dragged me near the race track. I smiled when I saw Nick. It felt like ages since the last time I saw him.

I got out from Adam's grip and ran towards Nick. He looked up probably wondering what the loud footsteps were and smiled at me. He opened his arms wide and i jumped into them. I squeezed him tight and breathed in his scent. He put me down and I smiled at him.

"AHH I miss you!" I yelled. He smiled down at me.

"Awe, I missed you to Em but you do know we see each other at school everyday," he said.

"I know I just feel like since this whole race is happening I haven't had a real conversation with everyone."

"I know, I know I feel the same," he said.

Me and Nick caught up with things and just laughed at some lame jokes we would make. I felt a warmth in my heart that I haven't felt for a while. I miss this. I miss my friends, my family, my boyfriend. I miss living a normal life. I miss not having to worry about anything.

"Hey Emma you okay?" Nick asked with worry in his tone. "Yah, I just miss living a normal life. You know the way things used to be. Without Asher in our lives."

Nick gave me a genuine smile. "I know Em, I know but what are we going to do. After this everything will be back to normal and we don't have to worry about a thing, just being happy."

I smiled at him and he gave me a warm hug.

"Whatever happens Em, I love you. Remember that." I let a tear roll from my eye as my lips quivered. "Don't say that Nick but I love you to."

.

.

.

.

After me and Nick spoke Adam told me he would be taking me somewhere. I had absolutely no clue where we were going but I obeyed.

Once we got there I instantly recognized the place. It was where we came on our first date. The only difference is that it was dark.

I smiled at Adam but instantly frowned when I noticed the sadness in Adam's eyes.

"Adam baby what's wrong?" I asked, filled with worry. Adam looked down and I noticed his eyes glistening. "Adam please tell me what's wrong," I pleaded. I jumped from the passengers side and sat on his lap so I was facing him. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and made him look up at me.

He looked so broken and sad, it broke my heart. "Emma I just want you to know that I fucking love you with all my heart. No matter what happens just know that I will always love you for ever and always."

"I know baby, we promised remembered," I said lifting up my left hand to show him the ring. He gave me a sad smile and kissed my left hand. I put my arms around him and he clung on to me. "I'm going to miss you so much."

I frowned and moved back so I could stare at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. He shook his head and said, "Nothing, can we please just hold each other." I was going to object but the look on his face told me otherwise. I nodded and allowed him to hold me. He kissed my forehead and snuggled closer to me.

He held my left hand and played with my ring. I watched as he twirled it around with his fingers.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you to," I said.

"Forever?" he asked.

"Forever."

--------

A/N

HEY GUYS,

So what do you think is going on what will happen? Comment and vote please!

Love,

Noshig

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 13.7K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
318K 11.2K 71
Moving to a new town is not easy, especially when you're not good at making friends. Then you add in the popular guy from next door that you're force...
3K 120 25
"Come with me Emma." "Why?" "I need to show you something. And I want to spend time with you... Sweetheart." "You know I hate it when you call me swe...
269K 9.9K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...