Abandoned wife

By Abhil11

Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from the... More

Author Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 Second Chance
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - When We became Partners
Questions
Bonus Chapter 2
Not An Update - Excerpts Of New Stories

Chapter 2

33.9K 1.3K 90
By Abhil11

"Sharma aunty, is Akshita came here?" Smita asked hopefully. This is her  last hope. After searching a couple of known neighbouring house this is last place where her daughter could be.. She checked all her friend's houses. She went door to door and asked her friends about her whereabouts but just like her everyone is clueless . Smita prays to heaven that her daughter is in this house.  The  grandmother and granddaughter duo of this house is closet companion of Akshita.Whenever she is angry she came here but today its not about anger. May be she is angry with me afterall waiting alone is not feel good thing.

"No,  what happened? "the old  lady replied." You look worried. "she asked caressing her cheeks.

" Actually today  I taught one extra lecture to  weak students and told Akshita to wait in school compound when I reached in compound she is not there so I thought she came home with Sonal. "she replied.

" Oh but Sonal is ill so she didn't went school today."her face became pale by this revelation. "Don't worry she will be here. Where she will go?"Sharma aunty tried to console anxious mother but no failed miserably .

The last door of hope is closed now. Akshita never went anywhere without asking her so what went wrong today. She walked away from the verenda of Sharma aunty's house. Kids were playing in  the garden. Her daughter too played with this kids.
For  a second she felt her shona will come out from her usual hiding place.She will shout mummy from behind. She checked every possible place again. She pulls her hairs and scratches her head in frustration. Sweat buds were forming on her forehead . All newspaper headlines starts ringing in her mind.
Eight month old was raped.
Five year old girl was raped and killed brutally.
Seven year old girl gang raped and left on the road.

"Please  God keep my daughter safe. "she murmurs looking towards sky. My child is safe she recites this phrases again and again to calm her racing heart.Her feet were getting numb. Her plams were swaeting which leads to coldness of her hand. She dialed Sudheer sir's number.

" Hello, sir she is not here."she said in heavy voice.

"Not here either "he replied in equally disappointing voice ." we have search whole premise. Each and every part of building but there is no trace of her. I don't understand where she went all of sudden. "he concluded.

" have you checked cctv footage?"She asked.

"We are checking. There is a man approaching her. She left school with that man. "he replied.

All her worries came to surface. Her face became pale. She takes a cab and told him the address.
A man took her. What is the meaning of this. What is his motive. Why on the earth my Shona went with him. Her hands were fidgeting and legs were quickering.

" Akshita,"  she poke her daughter but can't grab her attention. "Shona listen what I am telling you." she said sternly.

"Yes mummy I am listening" she said without breaking eye contact from the mobile screen.

Smita snatched mobile phone.

"Mummy let me play. I have completed my homework too.

"I know you completed your homework but today I want to discuss something important to you. "

" Is it about father? "

" No "she felt guilty for disappointing her daughter. She promised her on her birthday that she will arrange a  meeting with her father. She tried hard to convince him for the meeting but didn't succeed till date." but soon I'll arrange your meeting . "the statement light up her face. She knew she is giving false hope to her. When she broke the news of her pregnancy.

" Mummy what you want to discuss "Akshita's sentence break her trance. She took her in her arms and let her seat in her lap. She cuddled her.

" Shona what you were doing outside the school campus today?"

"I am sorry Mummy.You denied me to do so but there is a candy seller on the road and I want one so I cross the road.

"It is dangerous shona. You know there are so many vehicles on the road if Josef sir won't saw you that car would hit you. "she said sternly. Her voice depicts anger.

" I am sorry mummy. "Akshita holds her ears but Smita doesn't budges. She repeated again and again tears were forming in her eyes.

" Okay but promise me that you won't repeat such thing and won't mingle with strangers.

"I promise. "

Cab stopped and she looked around. There it is, outside the gate of school. She paid the fare and took swift steps towards the store room. Two guards, peon and Sudheer sir already present there waiting for her arrival. They show her  cctv footage. She felt someone remove the earth beneath her feet. Her head is spinning and she felt nausious. Her palms were sweating.she fell on the chair suddenly .

"Ma'am are you alright? "peon lifted her.
She nodded.

" I think we should call the cops. "Sudheer sir said.

" No need."she left the place leaving them confused behind. She sat in the cab and told him to drive her to office of Ranawat constructions. Trails of past start on their own no matter how hard she tried to suppress them.

"A baby is solution of the war  between husband and wife. I guarantee  you that he will come running towards you when he listen about this news. Come on what are you waiting. Go call him."her best friend Raina said cheerfully. They were friends since fourth standard. One boy  stole poor girl's specs and she was crying in the corner. Smita saw his bullying and beat the life out of that fella. Since  then they became friends. They were present for each other in thick and thin. When Akshay abandoned her, Raina was her support system. She is the reason of  her sanity. She is the one who is hopeful that one day everything will be fine between them.

She dialed his number but he didn't pick up her phone. She dialed number of his office and within seconds receptionist link the call.

"Hello Akshay its me Smita. "she said hesitantly

" What you want now? "irritation is audible in his voice.

" I am expecting a baby. "she said with her fingers crossed.

" So what? If you think you can trap me by this baby thing than you dialed a wrong number. "anger was  dripping in  his voice.

" Ma'am we arrived" driver bring her back to present.

"Here is your money "she handed him the fare and moves towards the reception of his office.

" Good Morning ma'am, sir is waiting for you in his cabin. "receptionist greets her.

" Tell your sir his wait is not going to end. I am here to meet  Ranbir singh. Where is he? "she said gritting her teeth.

" He is in the cabin of sir and my sir get what he wants . "receptionist replied.

" Now these kind of people have guts to give back to me. Wow! I achieved new low. "she murmurs.

She knocked the door and waited for his approval. Five minutes passed and anger starts bubbling in her. This is height of arrogance.
He knew she is coming. He knew that she is waiting outside his cabin but still troubling her. She leans on the door and it  opened swiftly making her fall on the  floor. She looks upwards Ranbir singh standing near her with guilty looks.

"Ah tsk tsk  haughty princess fall on the floor "his mocking came from behind Ranbir. He came forward and offered his hand to her. She looks towards him doubtfully. She can't trust this man. He always play games and now he is doing the same. She gets up rubbing her bum.

" Where is my daughter? "she asked.

" Where she belongs to "his reply came instantly.

" I am not talking to you Rana saheb. It would be good if you let me talk to the man who abducted my daughter. "she snapped.

" Do you think this man has audacity to talk without my permission. "he said towering the poor man. He pressed his shoulder and he bend down.

" Fine, I am asking you where is my daughter? "she  is on the verge of loosing her patience.

" I don't know science is advanced to the extent that a woman alone can give birth to a child. "he covered the remaining distance between them and holds her arms tightly." She is mine too God dammit. "he inflicts pressure on her arms.

" She is not yours. I commit infidelity. I was not your loyal wife back than. "she said looking directly into his eyes.

" Oh really so who dare to love my wife behind my back?Tell me his name. "he left her and takes two steps behind. He folds his hands near his chest.

" Common tell me his name or you forgot his name or there are too many that you can't remember who is the one. "he taunts.

His words pierced her heart. After so many years it still hurts . His words affect her  badly but she can't be weak not infront of this man.

" You don't have the right to know. "she said to sound confident but her voice betrayed her.

" May be I don't have the right but your daughter has the right. Come  tell her that she illegitimate. "he holds her wrist tightly and starts moving but she didn't leave her place. He left her hand.
" Fine, I'll tell her. "he starts moving.

"Why you are dragging her in all this." her words stopped him. "She is innocent, let my girl live in peace." she pleads him with folding hands. His resolve soften for few seconds but soon his cold demeanour is back. He stays rooted to his place. She knelt on her feet but he didn't budges which leads to her frustration. Things is in his control today and he will exploit this opportunity to the maximum extent.

"What is your demand? "her fierce avatar takes a back seat. She finally come to the stage where he wants her. She is not in the condition of bargain or negotiation. Both of them know his political influences and power to manipulate things in his favor.

" Now you spoke something useful. "he wiped her  tears with his index finger ." you wasted it for no reason. "he looks towards his hand.

" Your demand. "she remind him.

" No need to remind me anything. I  know what to do and when to do. "he said. She didn't utter a single word after that. He sat on his arm chair and rested his head on it.

" Bridge the gap between me and my daughter. "he said the venominous words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 14.9K 36
_COMPLETED_ #2 in HATE Series Fabulous 😍 Cover by @weirdosaurs (I don't have any words to describe that how much I loved this cover😍) This book is...
191K 8.7K 24
Ranked #5 in General Fiction on 18 Aug 2018. I would like to thank my readers for this constant support. ***************************************** "...
686K 24.3K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...
1.6M 80.7K 52
#ranked 1 in lovehaterelationship #ranked 1 in jealousy #ranked 5 in contract #ranked 8 in cold #ranked 12 in cruel #ranked 6 in India #ranked 6 in...