Zodiac (Final Fantasy XV)

By CelestialShadowWolf

Zodia Xylia Caelum is the younger sister of Noctis. Unlike him, she has suffered from an illness since birth... More

|•I•|
|•II•|
|•III•|
|•IV•|
|•V•|
|•VI•|
|•VII•|
|•VIII•|
|•IX•|
|•X•|
|•XI•|
|•XII•|
|•XIII•|
|•XIV•|
|•XV•|
|•XVI•|
|•XVII•|
|•XVIII•|
|•XIX•|
|•XX•|
|•XXI•|
|•XXII•|
|•XXIII•|
|•XXIV•|
|•XXV•|
|•XXVI•|
|•XXVII•|
|•XXVIII•|
|•XXIX•|
|•XXX•|
|•XXXII•|
|•XXXIII•|
|•XXXIV•|
|•XXXV•|
|•XXXVI•|
|•XXXVII•|
|•XXXVIII•|
|•XXXIX•|
|•XL•|
|•XLI•|
|•XLII•|
|•XLIII•|
|•XLIV•|
|•XLV•|
|•XLVI•|
|•XLVII•|
|•XLVIII•|
|•XLIX•|
|•L•|
|•LI•|
|•LII•|
|•LIII•|
|•LIV•|
|•LV•|

|•XXXI•|

2.5K 69 30
By CelestialShadowWolf

~Zodia's POV~

We finally reached the royal tomb and, lucky us, we didn't have a run-in with the powerful Red Giant the hunters were mentioning. On foot, we headed towards the royal tomb. "I can't believe I completely forgot about this one. Must've slipped my mind," I said.

"Glad you said somethin' before we got on the boat," Noctis states.

"Me, too. You'll need every royal arm to help in your ascension. With the power of the past Kings, your ascension will prove to be much more than claiming a throne."

Noctis expression soon fell at the mention of his future. I knew he was still not ready to claim the throne, but he will be in time. I sent him a smile, which calmed him down. He couldn't hold back his own smile as he met my gaze.

Arriving at the tomb, Noctis opened the door and we shuffled into the ancient burial site. As he claimed another royal arm for his arsenal, familiar symbols caught my attention in the rear of the tomb. Two statues obscured my view and I walked closer to get a better look. Looking behind the statues, I was able to spot the entrance to zodiac ruins.

"A zodiac inside a royal tomb? How strange," I mumble to myself as I squeeze behind the two stone structures. I placed my pendant cozy into the door to allow access to the former temple. The stone grinds harshly against the ground, drawing everyone's attention. "I'll be back," I said, my eyes meeting Ignis'. He nods and I head into the ruins.

What struck me as odd was the way the pathways were designed. They were completely different than the other ruins. The main chamber was nowhere in sight, until I reached a long stairwell that delved deeper into the core of Eos. With each step, I could feel the temperature rising. Sweat dripped from my forehead and my throat was completely devoid of moisture.

The main chamber was at the bottom of the stairwell, nursing a red orb. "Should've known a zodiac of fire was residing here," I scoff. I awaken the zodiac with a simple touch and wait to greet them. As the light disperses, the one and only Leo stands before me.

The white lion stares at me with his piercing sapphire eyes before taking a step closer. I wasn't afraid of the zodiac as he closed the distance between us. Leo lowered his head and placed it under my hand. Then, he lifted his head, taking my hand with it. I ran my fingers through his white mane and was shocked to feel how soft it was.

"You have a warm and kind heart. I can easily tell from your gentle touch, Daughter." Leo leans into my hand, his eyes shutting slowly.

"I know we've just met, but... could I hug you?" I ask with envious eyes. Leo chuckles deeply before nodding. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His white fur tickled my cheeks as I took a step closer. I couldn't completely wrap my arms around Leo, but he still enjoyed my touch. "Don't tell Castor and Pollux, but... you're much softer than them."

Another chuckle emitted from the lion's throat. "I shan't tell a soul."

"A strange first meeting, yes?" I ask while giggling.

"It is, Indeed. But, it just proves you are the true Daughter of the Zodiac. My powers are yours. May you call upon thy name soon."

I released Leo just as he vanished, his charm resting in my hand.

"Two zodiacs left. Where they rest, I do not know." I left the blistering heat and returned to the others. They were waiting patiently for me in the royal tomb for my return.

"So, we off to Lestallum?" Prompto asked.

"What's in Lestallum?" I answer with my own question.

"An EXINERIS worker named Holly is gonna handle the mythril ore. After that, we'll return to Caem and board the boat," Noctis replies.

"Let's not keep Holly waiting," Ignis said.

"Yeah, and it's also story time," I add.

Back in the Regalia, I waited until we were on the main road before spilling my secret. "The reason I can read Xylian is because I was born in the small country of Xylia."

Noctis slouched forward in his seat at my revelation. "That's impossible. You were born in Lucis. I saw-"

"The child you saw was not me. It was a setup. Noctis, we share the same father, but our mothers are of different backgrounds."

"No, what about Mom? She-"

"Passed a year after your birth. Father placed a spell over you so you would see my mother as yours. That's why you only witnessed my mother's funeral. Father kept you from your mother's, hoping to spare you the broken heart. We are only half-related. Your mother was from Lucis, mine was from Xylia. Father let me keep my name since I was born in the small country before Niflheim destroyed it. The reason the language is considered ancient is because no one outside of Xylia knew how to read the symbols and Xylians refused to teach outsiders."

Noctis fell completely silent. I peered at his face in the rear view mirror to see the hurt in his eyes. I knew he was hurt on a much deeper level than he was showing. I felt horrible for keeping this a secret for so long. "I'm sorry, Noct."

"It's... it's hard to believe. When did Dad meet your mom?"

"Before your mother passed. He took a trip to Xylia."

"I remember. He told and left me in the care of the maids. He didn't return for two whole years."

"During his visit, that's when your mother passed. And in that timeframe, he was comforted by my mother."

"Which led him to falling in love with her," Prompto picked up on.

I nod. "Yes, and before the second year was up, I was born. Father took both Mother and I with him to Lucis before war broke out in Xylia. We didn't meet until I was a year old. Their was no child born that day in the Citadel. It was just a setup to make you think I was born. The baby you met was one that belonged to a Crownsguard member."

"That whole day was a lie? I can't believe it..." Noctis shuts his eyes in disbelief.

"But, you and Noct still look so much alike. How is that possible?" Prompto puzzled.

"That was mere coincidence. We both resemble Father," I smile.

"Your mother taught you the language?" Ignis asked.

"Yes. The only thing she didn't teach me was about my zodiac blood. Mother passed away before you came into service at the Citadel, Iggy."

"Now it all makes sense. I also see why Dad did what he did. Who knows how traumatized I could've been if I learned of my mom's death at such a young age," Noctis said.

I turn in my seat to face him. "You're not mad at him or me?"

Noctis shook his head with a genuine smile. "There's no way in hell I could be angry at either of you. Everything he did was to protect me and you. I don't care if we're half-related. You're still my sister and always will be, half-related or not."

I smile at my brother and felt a few tears sting the corners of my eyes. I quickly blinked them away as Ignis pulled into the parking lot in Lestallum.

The moon was still high in the sky as we made our way to the power plant. As the building came into view, I stopped in my tracks. "Is it alright if I visit the market while you handle the ore?"

"Of course. Do be careful," Ignis said.

I thank him before running off. With one thing in mind, I walk through the alleyways until I reach my destination. The market was bustling as usual, men and women searching the various stalls. I knew we were low on ingredients and decided to take it upon myself to grab more. Ignis would've forgotten, especially with the torrent of information I gave him and the others in the car.

With fresh groceries in hand, I take the ingredients back to the car and properly store them. That's when I noticed how long I was gone. My eyes widen in realization and I swiftly make my way back to the power plant. When everyone came into view, my eyes darted to the man that had been missing from our party-Gladio. Our eyes met and he waved at me. The others turn around and smiled at my presence.

"Heard I missed quite a show," Gladio chuckles, crossing his arms.

"Show? What are you-" My eyes traveled over to Prompto, who had his camera out. That's when it clicked. The blonde must've taken pictures of my Phoenix transformation and showed it to Gladio. "I wouldn't call it a 'show'."

"You took down three Red Giants without help and turned into a Phoenix. How is that not a show?" Gladio grinned.

"We also took the liberty of indulging him in the details you allocated earlier," Ignis said. I sigh in relief, knowing I wouldn't have to divulge the details again. I would feel like a broken record if I had to retell the story again in the same day.

"Must've been one hell of a day I missed," Gladio huffs. He shared with me how he met up with Cor and took on Gilgamesh, earning a few new scars as proof of his hard work.

Since Holly had to spend the night on the mythril ore, we headed to the Leville and bought two rooms for the night. When we reached the first room-Noctis, Prompto, and Gladio stormed in and locked the door immediately. Ignis and I groaned in annoyance at their behavior. We knew exactly what they were planning. Not wishing to disturb those around us, Ignis and I headed to the second room.

We locked the door behind us and I sat at the foot of the bed. I leaned backwards and let my back collide with the firm mattress. "Iggy, you can take the bathroom first."

"Zodia, you must-"

I quickly stuck a finger in the air and shook it. "No, I always go first. It's your turn and don't pull the 'ladies first' card on me."

Ignis chuckled lightly before grabbing my outstretched hand and kissing the top of it. "As you wish, darling." I watch as he disappears into the bathroom before I pull my whole body onto the bed and curl into a ball. I closed my weary eyes for a few minutes, until I heard the sound of the shower turn on. Then, I moved from the bed to the small balcony and stared at the glistening moon that loomed overhead.

After ten minutes, I heard the bathroom door open and saw Ignis emerge wearing his striped dress shirt and suspenders. He sat on the bed, deep in thought. His hair was still dripping wet when I closed the distance between us. I grabbed the towel from his hands and crawled onto the bed. I got directing behind him and sat on my knees as I dried his drenched locks with his towel. Ignis' eyes fluttered shut at my ministrations, a peaceful sigh escaping his lips.

The silence enveloping us was peaceful and relaxing. I continued drying Ignis' hair until it was dry enough for him to sleep without soaking his pillow. I could feel him leaning against me and an idea struck me. I tossed the towel aside and grabbed his shoulders. I scooted back a few inches so his back could rest against the mattress while his head rested in my lap.

"Zodia..." Ignis' voice trailed off as his breathing became deep.

"Just rest, Iggy," I whisper, stroking his soft hair gently. A small hum came from the man as he fell into a deep sleep. I decided to stay in the same position until I felt the clutches of sleep dragging me into the world of dreams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 1.6K 17
Lucis, Insomnia. Home to the crystal, home to the Lucis Caelum family, and home to you. Being apart of the Kingsglaive has some of it's doubts, but w...
3.3K 20 10
You and Vi were pretty close. Until 7 years later things have change. You have no memories as you work to protect the Chosen King. Later on he resen...
2.4K 134 39
A brand-new fanfic based on the hugely-popular Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive franchises by renowned company Square Enix. Join some of the most pop...
41.3K 1.4K 11
*Book 1 of 2* (Y/n) (l/n) has been a good and trusted friend of Noctis and his gang since childhood. However, even though they have told each other v...