Conquering Villains and Captu...

By YouthfulPeach

No matter how beautiful, smart, athletic, and personable Yoshino Shizuka is, compared to Semi Madoka, she is... More

1: He's so gorgeous, it'd be a crime not to make a move.
2: Goddamnit! Semi Madoka?!?! Why the hell is it you again?
3: Operation Shizuka Seduces the Seriously Sexy Semi
4: My body's fine. It's only my pride that's been critically damaged.
5: Lately, it seems you have a lot to thank me for.
6: Even the stray cats in my neighbourhood avoid me.
7: Please fall in love with me!
8: It's cuter than I expected...your dimple embedded smile that is.
9: I don't like being even ten steps away from you.
10: She would've been more than capable of...murdering him.
11: You would've liked it if it had been a kiss.
12: I want to walk home with you, for as long as you'll allow me to.
13: It's enough for me that you alone like it.
14: You jerk! Are you casting me aside because you have a girlfriend now?
15: Why should the world exist if the person I love isn't a part of it?
Extra 15.5: Can you not afford to go on the school trip either?
16: I wouldn't say these things to anyone but you.
17: If you'd like, I could offer my body to you right now?
18: I'm not someone you need to be supicious of!
19: If your ladyship wishes, this servant is willing to serve you for eternity.
20: I'd be satisfied with looking at one face my entire life if it were yours!
21: Doesn't it seem like I'm falling in love with him first?!
22: You're right. I'm yours...That means you can't throw me away, okay?
23: Let's fill our days together with even more unforgettable memories.
24: We're nothing like an old married couple!
25: Couldn't you just take me as a husband in this lifetime?
26: Sometimes you end up wanting mutually exclusive things.
27: Cheating is prohibited.
28: Because that's how much you mean to me.
29: If you explode, can I sell your stuff online?
30: Carelessness can be deadly.
31: Not everything the villain does will come together logically!
32: You're too adorable.
Extra 32.5: I like being needed by you.
33: The world we live in is unfair.
Extra 33.5: Author's Note and Character Profiles
34: Mental health -1000! Your opponent has delivered a critical hit!
35: Would you do something like this with your brother?
36: If you don't stop, I can't guarantee that you won't get hurt!
37: Rather than an actual threat, at best, you're more of a minor inconvenience.
38: You'd be so much more attractive if you just kept your mouth closed!
39: Are you not a fan of the maid concept?
40: Is that a voodoo doll?
41: Breaking and entering is simple for a fairy.
42: Perhaps, I'm just someone who isn't meant to find love.
43: Failure isn't a luxury we can afford!
45: Just be quiet and say that you'll marry me won't you?
46: He was a legend.
Extra 46.5: Author's Ramblings and Character Portraits
47: What kind of psychopath exacts his revenge like this?!
Extra 47.5: The girl I love the most will always be you.
48: You're much more wild and unihibited than I would've imagined.
Extra: Shall I beat you until you can no longer stand? [Madoka Special I]
Extra: I don't need your pity. [Madoka Special 2]
Extra: He had a dream more bizarre than any he had ever had. [Madoka Special 3]
49: Nothing is impossible unless you think it is.
50: Send me off like a worried mother on her child's first day of kindergarten.

44: Would you have loved me if you had known?

1.7K 88 8
By YouthfulPeach

"The fairy godmother went to the Yukino household to help Eira get ready for the Royal Ball, then she hurried off to the castle. While the servants were bustling around trying to prepare for the grand event that would take place, the anticipated star of the night, Shiki, was relatively idle once he was dressed and groomed. Thus, when the fairy godmother arrived in his room he was sitting on a chair reading a book."

Madoka squinted when he saw the book's colourful cover from a distance. "Hm? What's this? Are you reading a book that isn't some dry philosophy or history text? How unexpected."

Shizuka looked up in surprise, then immediately frowned. "Where have you been the past few days? Did something happen?"

"It was evident that the normally collected prince had been worried. This made the fairy godmother feel an inexplicable rush of warmth flowing into her heart but outwardly she maintained her usual facetious behaviour."

"I had fairy godmother responsibilities, my dear." He sighed dramatically as if he had really been busy and sat down right next to Shizuka. "I'm so hardworking it pains me sometimes. In fact, this very visit could be considered a business trip."

"What business do you have here?"

Madoka returned her question with another question. "Do you remember our agreement?"

"You'll help me understand the true meaning of love and in return, I'll fulfill a request of yours." Realization dawned on her face. "Are you here to make your request?"

"Indeed," he answered. "You may feel that it's unfair of me to come to you when I have yet to uphold up my end of the bargain but I assure you, this is fair for when you fulfill my request, you'll come to understand what true love is."

Shizuka appeared astonished for a few seconds but very quickly she regained her composure. "So what is your request?"

"Later, when the ball begins there will be a girl who will arrive at quarter past eleven. She'll have a lovely appearance and a distinctive pair of glass slippers. When you see her, ask her to dance. While you're dancing together, get to know her. Ask her questions. Find out things like what she likes and what she dislikes, what she does in her free time, what her aspirations are, those kinds of things. In turn, answer any questions she may ask. Let her find out things about you. Treat her courteously but with genuine kindness and openness. Throughout it all, just let your heart dictate your actions." As Madoka spoke his tone was slow and steady and there was a smile lingering on the edge of his lips.

One of the standing viewers of the play gently slapped the wall in grief. "Ahh, Semi-senpai's acting in this scene makes me want to cry!"

"I'm already crying!" her friend furiously whispered back. "Seeing him repress his sadness is killing me!"

Unaware of the emotional turmoil that he was causing, Madoka continued, "If you do that all that then, I promise everything you wondered about regarding love will become clear. Good luck on your final assignment, my dear first, last, and only student."

"Final assignment..." Shizuka reflected on these words for a moment before somewhat awkwardly asking, "If...by chance I still am unable to comprehend true love after tonight would you still be willing to act as my mentor?"

Madoka froze. Then, a moment later he replied, "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

"Oh." Shizuka appeared downcast. "Can I ask why?...Is it because you're fed up with having a student like me?"

"No! Really, it has nothing to do with you," explained Madoka. "You know how I've always referred to myself as a fairy godmother in training right?"

She nodded.

"Well, after tonight I should be eligible to become a full-fledged fairy godmother. You can think of it as me getting a promotion. It's a welcome change of course but it means that I'll be much busier than I am now. Moreover, I'll likely be transferred to somewhere far away so it won't be convenient for us to continue meeting like this."

"Oh. Will you be returning here at all?"

"Perhaps."

"Feeling the gloomy atmosphere in the room, the fairy godmother pushed down her own feelings and put forth her best playful grin."

"Aw, your appearance now makes it look like you'd actually miss me a lot if I were to leave, Shiki-chan. That's so touching! It was worth having you as my student after all!" 

Shizuka whose head had been lowered suddenly looked up to meet Madoka's gaze. "It doesn't just look like that. If you were to leave, I would miss you."

Madoka dug fingers into his dress as he forced out a chuckle. "I'll try to visit if I can. I can't make any promises though."

"Okay."

Both looked away for a few moments until Madoka finally remarked, "It's getting late. I should go."

"Oh." Shizuka blinked as if in a daze. "You're right. It's almost time for the ball to start."

After making this statement she stood up from her chair; however, as Madoka had risen from his chair at the same time, the two ended up colliding into one another.

Since this was a scripted action, Madoka pretended his leg had given out and fell into Shizuka's arms. In the next second, Shizuka pulled him up and consequently closer to her person.

The two held this position for a long moment as their gazes locked.

As the audience squealed and snapped countless photos of Shizuka and Madoka, the narrator revealed, "Both the fairy godmother and the prince's hearts were in disarray due to the heightened proximity." 

"Are you alright?" asked Shizuka as she tightened her hold on Madoka's waist. While they had been in rehearsal, it hadn't been uncommon for her to accidentally drop Madoka because of their size difference but the latter never minded.

Madoka blinked a few times before he abruptly pushed her away. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Shizuka's arms remained outstretched for a few seconds longer than necessary before she let them fall to her side. "It's good that you're not hurt."

"Thanks for catching me." He smiled weakly. "I must leave now but do your best tonight. Goodbye, Shiki-chan.

"Thank you and goodbye, fairy godmother." She paused before adding, "Also, congratulations. I know you'll be successful in your new position."

"Mn."

The two froze in a tableau and like that the scene ended and the following scene began. Naturally, the next scene took place during the ball itself.

Despite the fact that she was surrounded by a dozen gorgeously dressed people in an opulently decorated ballroom, Shizuka as the prince, was projecting an air of marked indifference. No matter who approached her she would politely greet them but nothing more. It was as if her mind was occupied by something else entirely.

All of a sudden everyone simultaneously turned their head towards stage left as a lovely maiden emerged from the darkness.

"Awww, he's so cute!"

"Yuki-senpai, Madoka-senpai, why must you both make me feel like such a failure as a girl?!"

With everyone's attention on him, Yuki timidly advanced towards the center of the stage.

"While the prince was not moved by Cinderella's appearance like everyone else was, as per his agreement with the fairy godmother, he still made an effort to ask her to dance. As they danced from one song to the next, the prince dutifully asked Cinderella the questions the fairy godmother had encouraged him to ask. Because Cinderella was nervous, she stammered through her replies. Like this, the prince eventually reached his final question."

"What are your aspirations?"

"My aspirations?...I...I guess my greatest aspiration would be......t-to marry you, Shiki ouji-sama..." he openly admitted.

"Oh." Finally, there was a flicker of emotion on Shizuka's face. "That was rather honest of you."

"I-I-I sincerely apologize for my imprudence!" 

"It's fine." Shizuka studied his expression for a moment before lightly asking, "Why do you want to marry me?"

"Cinderella gathered all of her courage to answer this important question properly."

"I want to marry you because I love you," Yuki confessed. "You probably don't have any recollection of this, but we've met once before. You rescued me from some ruffians on the streets. For me, when I saw your valiant appearance that day, it was love at first sight."

"I see," responded Shizuka slowly. "I can't recall that particular incident but helping citizens is just part of my responsibilities as a prince so I was just doing what was expected of me."

"Even so, I was grateful for your help," maintained Yuki.

"I'll relay your gratefulness to the royal guards who survey the town then. It's them who do most of the actual rescue work, not me," clarified Shizuka. "I, myself, am not nearly as valiant or impressive as you think I am."

"Ah, fairy godmother-sama said the same thing."

A tender expression passed by Shizuka's face. "Is that so?"

"It came up when we were talking about how much I love you," Yuki supplemented. "She mentioned that you have a lot of quirks and flaws but that can't be true, right?"

"Trust me, she's right," she affirmed. "I'm far from perfect."

"But you're Shiki ouji-sama!"

"That doesn't mean that I'm not flawed. I'm as imperfect as anyone else. If anything I'm even more so. Would you have loved me if you had known that beneath this shining royal exterior I'm really just a normal boring lad?"

"O-of course!" he stammered.

"Truly?"

"I think so."

Shizuka's eyes were fixed on the Yuki that had spiraled into confusion for a moment before asking, "Say, what does it feel like to love someone?"

"I think it would vary from person to person but um for me when I love someone, I think about the other person all the time, regardless of what I'm doing. Like when it's cold out I'm wondering if he's dressed warmly enough and worried that he'll catch a cold."

"What else?"

Yuki averted his eyes shyly. "It's rather embarrassing for me to say it all in front of you, Shiki ouji-sama..."

"Please, I'd really like to know." Her gaze was incomparably earnest as she said this.

"Well um, when I'm having a meal I'm always concerned about whether or not he's eating well. Just before I fall asleep I'm wishing that he has pleasant dreams and a peaceful sleep."

"Do you ever wonder where they are and start irrationally worrying about their safety when there's no news of them for several days?" she interjected.

"I surely would!"

"How about when they're right in front of you?"

"Like right now....I...feel all warm and fluttery inside."

"Is your heartbeat irregular? Are your palms a little sweaty?" There was a hint of urgency in her voice.

"Can you feel that, Shiki ouji-sama?!" Yuki was startled. "I'm so sorry I thought it wasn't that bad!"

"I'm just asking hypothetically."

"Oh....then yes." He nodded. "Those things do happen."

"So if you experience all of those things, does that mean that you're in love?"

"As I said before, it really varies from person to person..."

"But generally does it?" she pressed.

"Yes..."

"Is that really what it means?" She stopped in her steps.

"Suddenly, everything the prince had doubts about fell into place, just like the fairy godmother said it would."

"Shiki ouji-sama, are you okay?" inquired Yuki worriedly.

"I'm okay," began Shizuka solemnly, "but I'm sorry. I can't help you with your aspirations after all."

"You mean..."

"Yes, I can't marry you," she professed resolutely. "I already have someone I'm in love with."

"Oh..." Yuki dry swallowed loudly.

"That's why I have to leave right now!" she declared as she pulled away. "I have to tell her how I feel before she leaves!"

She ran two meters before turning back to make one last comment to Yuki. "I appreciate your feelings; however, I honestly believe you're in love with a version of me that doesn't actually exist. For that I am partially to blame, so I apologize. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to find happiness." 

Yuki remained motionless as he watched her departing figure. Then, he covered his face, as if to hide his tears, and ran out.

When the following scene began only the narrator's voice was heard amidst the darkness. "The prince searched high and low for the fairy godmother but to no avail. It occurred to him then that all of their prior meetings had been due to the fairy godmother actively seeking him out. Thus, in this instance when he wanted to see her most, he had no way of reaching her. At his wits' end, the prince suddenly remembered that the maiden whom he had danced with seemed to be the fairy godmother's acquaintance so he returned to find her. However, by the time he came back, the maiden was long gone. Because he had nothing else to trace her with, all he could do was organize a kingdom wide search for her using the single glass slipper that she had somehow left behind. After a month of searching, he managed to find Cinderella.

Yuki gasped when the slipper was presented to him.

"This is yours, right?"

Yuki timidly retrieved the slipper. "I didn't think you'd be looking for me."

Shizuka wasted no time to ask, "Do you know where the fairy godmother is?"

"Why are you looking for her?"

"She's the one I'm in love with," she admitted candidly.

"You're in love with fairy godmother-sama?" Yuki's eyes were round.

"Cinderella was astonished by what she had heard and for a while she was frozen in shock; however, contrary to what one may have expected, she wasn't actually upset by this revelation," the narrator divulged. "In the month following the ball, she had done her fair share of reflecting and realized that the prince was right. She was in love with a perfect idealization that didn't exist in reality. Because she had come to terms with this and because she was an inherently kind person, she did not receive this news negatively."

"If you're looking for the fairy godmother-sama, then you'll have to hurry! Yesterday she came to see me and upon hearing that you sent out a search party for me she said that her job was mostly finished and she'd be going far away! I believe she said she'd be going to the southern forest to see her friend before-"

Without even waiting for him to finish, Shizuka gave a quick thanks and darted off.

Yuki smiled as he waved him off. "I hope you'll both find happiness!"

The scene changed and a sobbing Arisa appeared clutching a familiar purple dress and a pile of sparkling dust.

Shizuka flew over to Arisa. "What happened?! Why do you have this? Where's the fairy godmother?"

Arisa choked on her sobs.

"Answer me!"

"Violet...she's...she's gone!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 2.6K 14
A story about a girl who got unexpectedlt got cheated by her childhoodfriend who she thought loves her. So after their broke up, she transferred scho...
1.1K 43 15
Admiration... or something more? This was something Shirabu debated on each and every single day. He always convinced himself that it was just admira...
2K 192 23
mashikyu highschool fanfic ! from being complete strangers to frenemies? what's next? junkyu have a quite obsessive ex-boyfriend who he recently bro...
82.6K 2.3K 22
*Artwork belongs to the rightful artist @kwonrugger* Y/n (this OC is named Yuuna, she makes appearances in Sakusa's book) is saved by her school's vo...